What exactly made GochiUsa work so well...

What exactly made GochiUsa work so well? The show had this certain charm that drew me deeper into it than most other Kirari SoL/comedies. I know I'm not the only one because it's the second-most financially successful Kirari anime behind K-ON.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they don't work
and megu is a neet

It's because my wife Chino is so cute.

Its because they had two tittiy monsters who are treated as a normal human beings, not as talking breasts or fanservice.

That alone is rather refreshing.

I, for one, would treat Chiya as a piece of meat rather than a human being.

Gween tee.

It's probably because Cocoa is a cute and multi talented young lady.

European town atmosphere

Alsacian, to be specific. It's a French region next to Germany.

I get why people liked the novel setting and cute girls in GochiUsa, but I still think it's one of the blander CGDCT shows. I just didn't think the characters were very interesting. The art and animation was pretty meh as well. The jokes all kind of felt a bit old hat to me.
It was pretty cute though.

GochiUsa is shallow, below-average SoL which appeals to the lowest common denominator. K-ON sold more because it was actually good.

Sup Forums is the last place you should ask this, it has no gochiusa fans.

Is that so?

I just started watching it recently, but I liked Kiniro Mosaic a lot more. Maybe it'll grow on me as I get further in.

Kiniro Mosaic and GochiUsa are very similar, but KinMosa is better because of Karen.

The pretty setting and pretty characters. Its kinda dull otherwise.

none of the MCs were overly flat or one-dimensional. chino could be boke and silly, and cocoa could be serious. they were all fleshed out.

they splurged for good seiyuus on everyone.

the setting was really fresh and different, it was kind of like a fantasy show but not really, only in the context of how fantastical it was compared to plain old japan. the backgrounds are lovely. the colors and designs are lovely as well.

They're both bottom of the barrel.

Hey there, summer. Do us all a favor, type like you've taken an English class at some point in your life. Thanks.

dont ever reply to me unless you're contributing to the thread

They are, but KinMosa is slightly less bottom of the barrel because of Karen.

There's plenty of worse slice of life.

Why are you so fucking lazy you can't type an uppercase letter?

This certainly didn't hurt. Cute characters, central focus mostly on coffee, and no male distraction.

>t. irony
You aren't contributing. You are detracting, with your unaesthetic posts.

everyone loves bunnies and that with rhymes with them

Use punctuation, ESL-kun.

This. All the threads are just the same garbage posts day in and day out. Shitty posts like "Muh wife chino is so cute", "I literally look like Syaro", etc.
I don't think people who actually like GochiUsa would shit up threads with this tripe.

Of course, we're too intelligent for that.

It has the real, non deluded fans.

For starters it isn't the one of the blandest SOL to exist, like A channel.

by me.

But A-Channel was good.

No, it wasn't.

Uh, yes it was, sweetie.

I dont know how can anyone like A channel. It doesn't have the things that make a good and enjoyable Slice of Life

>A cup of Gween Tea
More like
>Double D cup of Gween Tea

That is a pasta, you faggots. Also, stop with this >t. garbage or leave.

>decently likable main cast
>cute visuals, with the stick limbs and Tooru's sleeves
>an above-average supporting cast member
>puts a smile on my face
It had enough to make it worth it.

Now Non Non Biyori, that's patrician.

Correct. The greatest SoL anime of all time are ARIA, K-ON and Non Non Biyori.

I dont know what you nerds see in K-ON to be honest.

I'll never accept this meme. Non Non Biyori has an amazing setting and atmosphere but most of its main cast is insufferable and its jokes are generally not charming at all. It being put up with the greats like K-ON! and Aria or even stuff like Sketchbook and Flying Witch is laughable.

>Flying Bitch
Opinion discarded

Did it have too soft of voices and too muted of colors for you?

Nah you just have shit taste m8.

I DO RIKE SOMA MOA CAWFEE

I WUD RIKE SUM GWEEN TEA

GRINTI

CAWFY

GWIN TI

CAFI

A Channel was slow paced and "cozy"

>second-most financially successful Kirari anime behind K-ON
It's more successful than Hidamari Sketch?

Chino's back story silly.

I couldnt stand the character designs. The entire cast looked like mutated radiation victims.

Hidamari has never been particularly successful. It did well, but that's about it.

Digits of truth. K-On is trash

Can I go home already?

Well, sales were always beteween 4k and 10k, so for a Kirara show it's quite successful.
Gochuiusa was always above 11k, but Hidamari had 4 seasons and several specials, Gochiusa onle 2 seasons.

My wife Chino's round and shapely back story.

More like misshapen.

Is there enough material for a S3?

That's the appeal though.

>Kirari

What did Gochiushit do that Biyori didn't?

Be good

The setting is really easy to get comfy about so you're already in the mood before the show even begins. Alsace is one of the comfiest places I have ever visited. Not just Colmar, Strasbourg is the best big city in France and right in between them is a nice mining village with a big rock show every year.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines
Just even driving around on the roads is enough of a fun adventure.

Also the art is pretty cute.

Bad opinion

What was so much better about it?

How so?

Biyoris fought for your freedom in 'Nam.

Rabbits please old men for money.

I didn't understand it too well until I got my doctorate in physics. It's now best anime I've ever seen.

Unlike those I mentioned and the others of their ilk, No Non Biyori's completely uneven in its enjoyablility. Its voices are shrill and despite not being a bad character, Renge is like a strange memebeast, with her strange behavior, purple hair, and voice clashing with the rest of the show's attempts at being natural.