Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzschild_radius
youtube.com/watch?v=YkWiBxWieQU
youtube.com/watch?v=UlFVUozGWyU
youtube.com/watch?v=FSgRwQZ6MFc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>but it just doesn't make sense
you forgot to add: to me. based on our current knowledge the current model makes perfect sense

Sean Carroll had an amazing explanation of this. It's just a shame you'll have to wade through Joe Rogan's bullshit to hear it.

It wasn't just "nothing" and then a huge explosion and everything. The "theory" that absolutely nothing came before the Big Bang isn't even part of the theory either.

Then get smarter.

Yeah single universe explosions make no sense, but we have no empirical proof of other universe out there.

No. It is a steady state universe. Our visual universe is just it's own solar system in a bigger galaxy, in a bigger universe, on and on.

>It wasn't just "nothing" and then a huge explosion and everything.
So what was it then? And were did it came from?

Stick to jebus and creationism. This level of science is beyond you.

>where

Do you get all your info from creationist websites?

I found it.

The Big Bang model. There it is. That is the event that 100% occurred and is compatible with all known laws of physics.

The Big Bang "event" which is time = 0 is a prediction. Didn't happen that we know of. It's a theory for a the "first day" of the universe. "A day without a yesterday" which would mean there was absolutely nothing before hand.

The former has been proven, the latter is just confused with the former.

I believe in the instance theory, lineal time is a Jewish construct.

we dont know, the big bang theory does not try and answer those questions

Plus the universe expanding 'red shift' is bullshit. When the Webb telescope starts bringing back pictures, it will re-wright our understanding of the universe with no more creating dark matter out of thin air just to keep the Big Bang theory alive. as it's the only theory that gets (((funded)))

Zimbabwe

>can’t into physics

big bang is a theory and theories cannot occur. Go back to school.

I don't "believe" in anything. I understand the concept of the big bang, but it is meaningless to my life whether it happened or not.

Gravity is a theory too. Go jump off a cliff you inbred fucking mongoloid.

>theories cannot occur.
What does this even mean?

I believe in the flat bang.

“Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence.”

― Robert Anton Wilson, Cosmic Trigger: Die letzten Geheimnisse der Illuminaten oder An den Grenzen des erweiterten Bewusstseins

when there's no time there is an infinite chance something will happen and boom there's your big bang
i only dont get why the big bang is always picture directional as i would think its radial

I believe that jews rape and kill kids for Satan/Moloch/Luzifer. So, if they believe that and do things like that, we conclude that the counterpart to them is Jesus/Yeshua and his Father, Yahweh, who hates them and the Devil and want to make us free from them

Tl;dr no, but maybe (((they))) know that there was a big bang, as God said "Let there be light", from an ancient stone tablet

It's science speak inspired on Kant's bullshit. You're in for a ride.

It’s not a theory, it’s scientific theory which is a different thing from a normal theory.

You go back to school.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître

its just catholic creationism

prime creator.

it kinda just is and creates universe after universe to better experience itself.and we are an infinitesimal part of it.

I haven's said evena single word about God.
Instead of giving shallow commentaries, you could explain your point of view, if you think taht you are so smart.

Doesn't make any sense, since it doesn't explain anything.
You are just telling it occured 100% and is being confused with "nothingness" at time = 0.
What is time = 0?
How can time be = 0?
Still the question remains, where did everything come from, even the mater/antimater at tme = 0?

So how can you be sure, that is 100% occured and that it make sense, if you are avoiding these critical questions?

It makes sense if it borrowed "stuff" from a previous universe.

You seem to have misunderstood my point.

The Big Bang as an EVENT claims that time = 0 at the """time""" (wrong word) of it happening.

The Big Bang model is based on the fact that the laws of physics don't treat time in a way that humans are comfortable with.

To a human, time is always moving forward. You make decisions NOW that effect the future but not the past. Physics doesn't work like this.

Again, the Big Bang model doesn't necessarily require a Big Bang as an event (where time does equal 0) for it to work. And it does work...

moreover, without space there can be no time.

asking what happened before the Big Bang is akin to asking what is north of the North Pole.

A mindfuck, but that's why most people don't get it.

because these fedora fags don't know what the fuck they are even talking about when they talk about 'big bang'. its basically the same as christcucks and others talking about how they 'know exactly whats gonna happen when we die, i'm going to heaven for sure... you ? he he who knows buddy'.

these people who believe this science shit are just peasants from a different age. we have them and we still have peasant thinking from the older age

Don't believe in a big bang. That's why it's called a theory and you have to ask if we "believe".

There was no big bang. Existence is always now. There is no beginning nor will there ever be an ending.

Time is required to making things happen, to allow reactions etc. Also to react with something, you need some sort of matter, that is able to react. What is that "matter" and where did it came from?

Time = 0 is total nonsense, still

>prime creator
>to better experience itself
This implies it's some sort of intelligence/consiousness, therefore what we call God.

Short answer - we don't know yet, and we're perfectly comfortable with admitting it.

Big Bang describes how the universe developed from something small, dense, and hot to something huge, empty, and cold. It doesn't describe how it got to that point and we don't have a good physical model that fills that gap yet.

The model we have, however, is extremely good at predicting observations we've seen out in space - like stars receding and the cosmic microwave background.

Again, gravity is a theory. Scientific theory isn't the same as a theory to historians for example.

You'll find, simply by jumping off a cliff, gravity is no theory though.

Where did it come from?
Where will it go?
Where did it come from, Cotton-Eye Joe?

Its basically a fact at this point. What science doesnt really understand is what happened prior to the big bang. Some people think its just a repetitive cycle. Expansion, condension, bang, expansion, condension, bang, over and over. Still doesnt explain what created creation.

>Time = 0 is total nonsense, still
That's admitted though. The Big Bang model isn't nonsense though.

Show your flag. Only an American thinks the bing bang is some sort of belief system and all scientific effort ends there and no one tries to discover what caused it.

Because it's easier to picture? it's hard to put 3d information on 2d medium, so we do it in slices, presenting just a part of a whole.

Dark matter is dead user. CERN couldnt find. Others either. Many published papers about new ideas to deal with this new understanding. Didnt u guys all know dark matter is dead? I am disappoint.

Dark Matter is just a word for bad maths.

Given the browning of bongistan you should get used to more skepticism of western science.

Why is the void such an hypothetical impossibility?

Wouldn't nothing make even more sense than things?

Oh wow, and where did the previous universe gets it's stuff from?

I still can't see any explanation though.
>Big Bang occured, because Bing Bang doesn't require a Big Bang. It just works.
Wow

Doesn't make any sense.
How did space create itself?
Why would it create itself?

For laws of physics "time" is required too, because it needs "something" to absorb/reflect energy. It doesn't happen immediately.

If there was no time or matter, how did the physical laws appear and why are they as they are?

I don't know I'll have to see this previous universe first, but it would make more sense that matter imploding and exploding on itself for no apparent reason.

Mate, the best scientists in the world barely have a grasp of what the Big Bang is. I'm just giving you the most basic explanation I know of because you're confusing the Big Bang as an event with the Big Bang model (same as OP is doing).

If you're waiting for me to explain where the universe came from, you're going to be waiting a long time.

I promise you that the Big Bang does work though as a theoruy. It's compatible with all laws of physics.

It seems likely that the universe is a black hole.

According to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzschild_radius

The radius of a black hole depends linearly on mass. Because the volume of a sphere increases as the cube, for a given density, there is a radius beyond which the volume is by definition a black hole.

I think this is about four times as big as the Hubble volume if I remember right given best value for gravitational constant and the best estimate of the density of the universe.

So if the universe is that big, it MUST be a black hole by definition.

a god
but thats also where the whole religion shit ends, theres a god but theres no religion

I thought the largest black hole known to science was the "Destroyer of Worlds" with another fancy name I won't even attempt to write out?

>i want to but it just doesn't make sense
This is, literally, "I don't understand it so I'll go with God instead." If this post makes me a fedora tipper then fine because OP is fucking retarded.

exactly.

>Wouldn't nothing make even more sense than things?
No, because the essence of nothingness/void is, that it has nothing/doesn't exist in that sense. Therefore something can't be created from nothing. There has to be a core, a source from which things develop.

In science matter and energy never disappears, but it transforms.
How can you say something appeared out of nothing?

>big bang

my ass lol

> Therefore something can't be created from nothing
You need to leave this mindset behind because things theoretically can come from nothing or even what things are.

I know space time phenomena like "the big bang exist" your problem OP is that you're still stuck in a limited linear reference and projecting that upon nature itself. Not to mention projecting personification upon nature like a scared child, however this isn't anything that would be explained easily. Might I suggest learning theoretical physics 1st.

I have a big crush for that big bang.If you see what I mean.

I thought the missing matter of dark matter was recent determined to be huge electrically charged networks of filamentous dust

The Big Bang isn't true, I don't know why it's even still a theory. Our technology is better now and we discovered a few years ago that redshifts weren't expanding.

I fucked up the joke I meant to say "I have a big crunch for that big bang" DAMN!

look up the donut model, its the most likely scenario and makes perfect sense (at least for my 200+iq, not sure how it seems to brainlets)

>You need to leave this mindset behind
My mind is flexible, I am not stating that there aren't any other possibilities. But what i said is what is most likely to be reality (at my current opinion).

>things theoretically can come from nothing
I disagree on that. It's a bit philosophical, but:
If you say something came "from" nothing, it implies that "nothingness" does exist and therefore isn't nothingness anymore. As i said, the essence of the non-existence is non-existence -> non-existence doesn't exist.

And again, by physical laws any form of enery or matter never disappears or appears out of nothing, rather it ALWAYS is been transformed into another form of energy or being transmitted to another vessel/matter.

Existence is a closed loop. It has no beginning and no end. Except if you see the "beginning" as a re-creation, but it's not a beginning in that sense anymore, since it always existed already.

Looked it up - 3,200 Astronomical Units =
0.0506 Light Years is the diameter of 'Destroyer of Worlds'.

Interesting, because a couple years ago we actually found out that the Universe is expanding even faster.

/thread

We know the big bang occurred.
We don't know what caused it to occur.
That clear things up?

I believe in A big bang, there is no indication that it was unique

you literally cant believe in the big bang . its a scientific theory which is 100% true if all the assumptions its based on are true . if you believe in:
>conservation of energy
>relativity
>conservation of charge
>conservation of momentum
>time translation symmetry of physics laws
>space translation symmetry of physics laws
>cosmological principle (most likely thin IMO to not be true)
(i probably missed something and repeated some equivalent stuff so take it with a grain of salt) then big bang is 100% true .

If you were inside a black hole, what would outside matter look like as it moves 'into' the black hole?
What do current theories say about the density of matter within a black hole? We asshole to asshole in there or what?

"Big Bang" is not actually a particularly popular theory in advanced physics circles these days. There are better theories, collision, hologram, etc. that are somewhat more efficient but each has it's own flaws.

>boys were thick deep
>in big bang, danang

>he thinks hologram fags are taken seriously
yeah, no, they're cosmology's version of free energy nutters

It is common knowledge that the universe is appearing to get larger, but it might only be locally "observed". I think more in terms of river theory... if we are atoms in a river, then it may appear to us that our entire universe is literally rotating around itself, however, we are just in a small eddy of a small current of a small tributary leading to an even bigger current, etc.

True story.
>Show your math.

Our reality is an information system ie virtual reality.
>Had a beginning. All the distant galaxies are receding from us at known rates, so it is possible to calculate back when our universe started up about fourteen billion years ago, in a first event that began not only our universe but also its space and time. Yet a complete physical universe can’t begin, as by definition there is nothing outside it to create it and to create itself, it would have to exist before it began. This leaves physics speculating on D-branes, alternate universes, wormholes, teleporting worlds, quantum tunneling, big bang-big crunch oscillation theories and other steady state variants. In contrast, every virtual reality has a boot up that creates its pixels and its space-time operating system, based on nothing within itself

Bumping to say that weve measured the net energy of the universe to six decimals, and it is zero. Meaning the universe popping into existence doesnt violate conservation of energy (note mass is basically energy)

there is no consistent tested theory of what happens beyond the vent horizon or even if it makes sense to say that things happen there at all . if purely mathematically extrapolate the equations we use for normal space to black hole space some of the roles or spacial dimensions and the time dimension flip . whatever happens there its almost certainly unexplainable intuitively like much of high level physics which we never encountered over the many generations of our logic\intuition developing (as a species).
you can only describe things mathematically in there

No, because:
>We know the big bang occurred.
Knowing something mean to be 100% certain of the absolute truth.
I am not an scientiest and i haven't checked each data that could be available to me, nor have I the required technology to measure and calculate certain things.
But I am very sceptical, that science does KNOW, what happened.
The Big Bang is a theory that is most likely false and has to be readjusted. I don't think we can fully understand the universe just by making relatively "few and redundant" measurements on a "tiny clumb of stardust".
(I am not saying it is completely false, but its not true and realistic either)

Space is expanding...

Upon entering a black hole time becomes space like and space becomes timelike and all paths lead to the singularity. Attempting to avoid the singularity leads you there more quickly. Your longest trajectory to get there is to free fall.

The singularity at the end of the universe ( if it is expanding ) is the same - we end up as lone photons as our matter is ripped apart. Can you distinguish them? No? Then you're at the singularity. We all share the same destiny.

Move as fast as you want and you approach that destiny faster - near the speed of light you could watch the universe age apparently very quickly.

In fact motion is changing your path to the singularity. Being still is free falling - going there as slowly as possible.

Maybe 'space expanding' is really destiny foreclosing.

If mass is energy, time began when energy was 1st created, virtual particles can only mutually annihilate in a sub light speed condition and mass bends space time, leading to increased relativistic reference points then... It's an infinite web of multiverses feeding into one another and our reference point isn't unique or special.

False RELIGION, get right boy

I do believe we we're created.

I also believe that everything comes from something. But the most fundamental question is, what created the creator? Whether that be the Big Bang theory or God, none of them actually makes any sense. Nothing will remain nothing. Something will create something. That is the law of the universe after all.

I suggest you and everyone else read some books

Brian Greene - the fabric of the cosmos
Brian Greene - the elegant universe
Stephen hawking - the theory of everything
Stephen hawking - a brief history of time

I read them in chronological order of release. if you are only going to read one I recommend "a brief history of time" or "the elegant universe"

remember a brief history of time was written 30 years ago though now when you read it, but it stands up very well though still because, the theory's are based on observable science and mathematics.

also, I'd love some other good reading suggestions written for the lay person.

heretic leaf here
electric universe is the shit imo

youtube.com/watch?v=YkWiBxWieQU

> which would mean there was absolutely nothing before hand.
AKA the universe existed forever.
BTFO yourself dumbasses.

Yes, I have no idea what caused it, but we have relatively solid evidence that it was the moment of genesis (whether devine or "not")

Yep, Halton Arp was banned from his telescope for publishing observations which contradicted the accepted theory.
youtube.com/watch?v=UlFVUozGWyU

What is the universe expanding into and why is it there?

if the universe is still expanding, what's at the end of the universe? In which space is the universe expanding?

Thanks for this, I'm eager to watch it, for a long time and through many readings it really feels like we have some extreme basic misunderstanding of gravity as an energy state and the role it plays all coming to light at the quantum level, fascinating stuff.

>100% occurred and is compatible with all known laws of physics.
>Didn't happen that we know of.
>nothing before hand.
It looks like you nor anyone else that "believes" in the big bang has any logic skills.
Let me spell it out.
'A'='A'
'A' does not equal 'not A'
'no thing' will never equal 'thing' because it is the most basic contradiction. Learn logic and stop just believing things because your boyfriend says it and lets you taste his cum.
Pic related is you faggot like the sissyboi you are.

The universe starts off as . then becomes 0 then expands until it tears itself apart and a new . is formed

youtube.com/watch?v=FSgRwQZ6MFc

It's nonsense user. Trust your senses. Never defer your judgement to 'experts'.

This level of mental gymnastics is gold medal-tier

everyone in this thread needs to pick up some books and read.

Read everything. from religious texts to scientific journals. then pull out the common themes from all of them and take it with you.

live, learn, and prosper

In this case, it’s directional because the model is using time as an axis. So the space that all matter in the universe takes up is represented directionally. In reality, it would have been radial.