Why do you hate him

He did some things wrong, but no more than any other person in the series. Dude was understandably platinum mad at Lelouch and even then decided not to kill him. Hell in R2 when he was taking out all his anger at Lelouch he still figured out that Lulu was bottling lies about what really happened to Euphy/Shirley. And even with matters like Charles who he wanted to kill for personal redemption, he stepped away when he saw how important it was to Lelouch.

At every turn all he does is want to ensure that he doesn't directly take innocent lives, and when he nukes Tokyo he realizes that he's no better than anyone else and instead goes along with Lelouch's plan. And in the ending he resigns himself to a life of pure suffering under the mask that killed his own girlfriend.

Ultimately he's a good person who redeemed himself, and I have no idea why people still hate him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=764FN24EraA
youtube.com/watch?v=-I4tPF3jDvQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Childhood is when you idolize Lelouch. Adulthood is when you realize Susaku makes more sense.

Speak for yourself I thought Suzaku was the best since I first watched CG

At this point I think it has become a meme and some people like to jump on the bandwagon.

>Why do you hate him
He was against Lelouch. Notice how opinions tend to sway if you're with him or not.

Suzaku was the more admirable but more foolish of the two. His actions are more noble in the beginning but there was never any real chance of fostering change in Britannia from within. Despite his overwhelming talents he was treated as an embarrassment at best by his superiors until Euphy took notice of him. Even then the whole system fought their union tooth and nail.

More fundamentally, everything that Suzaku became was only possible due to Zero. Everything from piloting the Lancelot (Clovis has no need to call in the ASEEC if no one's fighting back in Shinjuku) to becoming a Knight of Rounds was because of situations that Zero created. If not for Zero, he'd still be fucking around in grunt infantry or dead.

Even the chances he had for influencing the world wouldn't amount to much. The SAZ would have been a puppet state to pacify resistance in Area 11 with no chance of real long-term change, and even if he'd helped Schnizel assassinate the Emperor he's stuck serving under a complete psycho with no voice of his own to change things.

tl;dr what Suzaku does is admirable but it definitely doesn't make sense. His optimism and faith in Britannia was unfounded and really just a byproduct of his unresolved mental issues more than anything.

The reason i didn't enjoy him was simply put: He is the antagonist and goes against what Zero wants. i found him annoying a lot of the times when he went against Lelouch. i didn't really like him until the very very end of R2.
hopefully season 3 will have more redeeming Suzaku moments

He's 5'9 and brown skinned but also /fit/, smart, a pacifist, and has the purest waifu in the series fall for him at first sight. He's a regular guy who got up and did extraordinary things, nothing could trigger Sup Forums more.

He is a moralfag with ridiculous/impossible ideal of changing the system from within. He is also think his loss is bigger than anyone else even Lelouch. He even dare to use Nunnaly just to 1up Lelouch.
Lulu's plan takes more effort, blood and sacrifice of innocent lives because he realize that Britannia is too deep and corrupt at the very foundation(royal families) and will never accept Eleven as human.

He's a good guy who got broken and became edgy.

You hate those who are the most like you.

>Lulu's plan takes more effort, blood and sacrifice of innocent lives because he realize that Britannia is too deep and corrupt at the very foundation(royal families) and will never accept Eleven as human.
Except he's doing it out for revenge uou fucking retard

>More fundamentally, everything that Suzaku became was only possible due to Zero
I love this meme

He and Ougi are literally the same.

>Lelouch killed his waifu
>somehow Suzaku is bad
The question is why Suzaku didn't kill Ledouch

I can't hate one of the best memes of all time, even if ti was short-lived.

hypocritical bastard

says he will protect Japan but kills his father at the end

says he will fix Britannia at the end but because of "muh vengeance" becomes its lapdog

Eventually his hypocrisy goes full circle into awesomeness when he works for the object of his vengeance.

Lelouch only cared about the ends
Suzaku only cared about the means
In the end they join together and fix their defects.

Its been so long since I watched CG that I basically forgotten everything, just patches of memory remember key parts.

Going to rewatch this right now.

He was an hypocrite, a bad one at that.
And well I hated him 8 years ago but I don't hate him anymore.
I feel like I understand him better now.
Still no one can deny that he was full of shit

>season 3
What will it even be about ?

Suzaku doesn't make any sense though. He was a retard.

>says he will protect Japan but kills his father at the end

He killed his father to protect Japan, how did you miss that? His father wanted to fight to the death, which would have led to millions more dead Japanese. Surrender ended things quickly. Come on, this should be pretty obvious given that we all know Japan was in a near-identical situation at one point...

>He's a regular guy who got up and did extraordinary things

There are characters like this, but Suzaku is certainly not one of them. Guy had unbelievable skills way before anyone noticed him. Like anyone of importance is the CG universe, he's the elite of the elite. With the kind of powerlevels you see in CG you basically need super-special outrageous talent to even survive or do anything important. Just look at Shirley.

>He's a regular guy who got up and did extraordinary things
>regular guy

What? He's basically Neo from the Matrix..

youtube.com/watch?v=764FN24EraA

The problem with Suzaku was that he lacked honor.
He also had childish dreams that was impossible to attain no matter what.
He denied people's free will by asking them to live like dogs under the Brit reign.
He was a pretendious fag that he was saying it is better to surrender so that people would not die but people still die when conquests happen.
He also had a wayy too OP toy that would cockblock Lelouch at the most enjoyable time. He also had a superhuman body for no obvious reason.
Hard to like a character like this one.

>He was a pretendious fag that he was saying it is better to surrender so that people would not die but people still die when conquests happen.

A lot more of them would have died if he hadn't killed his dad. I'm not saying the rest of what Suzaku did was good, but under the circumstances not surrendering would have been retarded.

Homosexuality.

Thing about it: why did Lulu stay a virgin despite having outrageously beautiful women throwing themselves at him and why didn't Suzaku and Euphie do the dirty deed despite her lusting after the TJC? The answer is that both of them had their sights set on their TRUE love, each other. Euphie was just a waifu for show so people would stop asking uncomfortable questions about why a super fit and handsome ace pilot didn't have a lady on his arm.

Wars happens because people want to fight for their countries, loved ones and all.
Sure what he had done saved lifes but still their honor were lost.

Also I don't remember much but he did many other things that would make me dislike him. I also remember a scene where he called his own people as elevens. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

>Wars happens because people want to fight for their countries
Well in this case the war happened due to Japan's own negligence and backhanded misdeeds that had them biting more than they could true and Suzaku's father thought the only way to get out of it was to sacrifice his people in a losing battle. There's no fucking honor in fighting in a fruitless cause hell Code Geass shits on that stupid form of thinking with the JLF being nothing but retards staging terrorist attacks and massacre all for the sake of restoring Japan's "honor".
>also remember a scene where he called his own people as elevens
No he didn't

No you're just a fucking idiot

I don't consider colonization and routine genocide "saving"

his father was right

>Sure what he had done saved lifes but still their honor were lost.

Who gives a shit? Millions had died. Millions more would have died. The final outcome of the war would have been identical. You sound like one of those idiots who wanted Japan to keep fighting in August of 1945.

B-but what about Gino

His plan to change from within actually ended up working when he influenced Euphemia, and Lelouch fucked it all up.

>Implying Spinzaku isn't eternal

Everyone in the series is absurdly strong/fast/resilient when the physical scenario requires them to be. It's just since Suzaku was trained, has a death wish, and is one of the main characters he gets a lot more chances to show off his power. We see that he's a regular kid who went through the same thing Lelouch did, then got to be some random grunt for a few years, and only after being saved by Zero does he show off his Tohdoh-refined skills.
I doubt it would've lasted though. Lelouch eventually fell for it because of his heartboner but the SAZ was in no way equal to an independent/redeemed Japanese people. Racism would still have been prevalent throughout the Empire.

Best scene coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=-I4tPF3jDvQ

>Nina feeling bad after this

I wonder what the fuck she was expecting when making Freya.

>regular

I don't think this word implies what you think it means. Being similar to the protagonist does not make someone "regular." Most people in the CG universe don't have the absurd talents or difficult backstory that Suzaku has. People like Rivalz or Shirley are "regular" in the CG universe. Suzaku has inherent skill that someone like Rivalz couldn't train themselves into no matter how hard they tried. He's got a kind of Mike Vinning setup where even if he doesn't have supernatural powers a combination of inherent skill, grueling training, and determination produce a fighter that is leagues above what normal solider can attain. I can't think of a single aspect in which Suzaku can be considered "regular" except maybe having two eyes, two hands, and two feet.

She's no Oppenheimer, that's for sure. At least he knew what he was making when it came to nukes and the sheer terror they would unleash.

Suzaku makes more sense in the real world.

But in this story, Lelouch was right.