One of the best (and best-selling; sometimes quality and commerce actually manage to intersect) anime series of the...

One of the best (and best-selling; sometimes quality and commerce actually manage to intersect) anime series of the decade, cancelled due to ineptitude and laziness. How was this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpPjHN8Jhoc
desuarchive.org/a/thread/158570297/#158586185
kissanime.ru/Anime/Mahou-Shoujo-Madoka-Magica-Concept-Movie/Episode?id=130454
madoka-magica.com/cd/
madoka-magica.com/news/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wasn't there a movie trailer that came out recently? Also usurper a shit.

I still rewatch the movies every October Three. I think they're great because none of the girls deserved their fate. Rebellion never happened and is not canon[\spoiler]

The fuck are you talking about

>cancelled due to ineptitude and laziness.

Urobuchi never wanted to continue the series past the TV show, he's like Tomino-sempai hates doing sequels.
He's slowing the production way down now.

Yes.

>One of the best
It's a 5/10 you fucking pleb.

It is concept trailer.

>baaaaaaaaawwww stop liking thing and giving it score it deserves
why bother living with such shit taste?

HomuSaya

Is anyone actually excited for the mobage?

At this point it's only serves to delay the fourth movie.

What is this?

And he was right. Rebellion was a lot of fun, but was completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Madoka would have remained as one of the landmarks of anime history if it had stayed where the TV show ended. Of course all industries are businesses and they continued milking it, so now it's less than what it originally was. Just like Evangelion.

I probably don't look at rebellion the same people do. The TV series wrapped things very well, I thought. So any sequel will only ruin that perfect finish. The best thing to do is actually make the sequel about ruining the ending, which is what Homura's done.
Stories can't be ruined but they can stagnate which is worse than changing them, Rebellion didn't choose to tread water, but pulled the series in an opposite direction while stomping on the ending and making an elaborate scene of it, this is the best course of action because it will give sequels more room to explore other elements.

The sequels to come will give people the satisfaction they want by seeing Homura get bullied and put in her place, but for that to work, Rebellion was necessary. A necessary evil.

When you reverse engineer Rebellion, it's pretty clever in its design. But most people don't put themselves in the shoes of the creators and just shout "good" or "bad" from their narrow perspective so they miss a lot.

Try 4/10.

Thats why sometimes i think im the only one here that liked rebelion.

Plenty of people liked Rebellion. It pretty much split the fanbase right in the middle.

You're right that Rebellion wasn't necessary, but it wasn't bad. The series ended with just the right amount of crazy and Rebellion is a reasonable continuation, if what Homura was telling Quebey was true then they would have tested the theory if it really was a better method of gathering energy to prevent the heat death of the universe.

The only thing that was pretty much out of nowhere was the whole "Love has more power than despair" thing that transformed Homura's crystal. That felt more like a cheap out. And the ending just begged for Madoka to somehow regain her power again and them both to end up godlike.

>The only thing that was pretty much out of nowhere was the whole "Love has more power than despair" thing that transformed Homura's crystal.

It makes sense, Homura was so lovesick she became a witch and instead of hope it was her extreme love for Madoka that gave her power.
Thematically it works. The series was about the juxtaposition of Hope and Despair. Now we have Love and Hate.

Agreed. Definitely below average.

AI YO wasn't "love" it was autism.
>this emotion is mine alone

Perhaps she meant it was hers alone from a magical girl point of view.

So then madoka will hate homura.

I hope not.

Do you like Madoka?

Reminder Kyubey is a racial enemy.

Do you like Madoka?

Do you love Madoka?

Homura doesn't deserve madoka's love or her pussy. She could have lezzed it up in yuri heaven forever but chose to fuck with the whole universe instead.

I like all the megucas.

Why don't you hate the cheesy moron?

>Kyouko
>at the library
Impossible!

You even like bebe? She had no time.

Why do you like the loli?

Which one?

She's not illiterate or dumb user.

I don't get it. The cheesy moron is cheese.

You probably like Fateshit.

[citation needed]

>cancelled
I'm lost. Can someone fill me in?

(You)!

Shit ur rite

You're shit, right?

Bebe has potential. It is why I don't dislike her. Also, Kyouko speaks very little english.

You always underestimate Kyouko.

Yeah, Apple hate Japanese people.

thanks

*hates

You're welcome.

>Oh my god
>Sayaka is very foolish
>Thank you
There is no underestimating. Unless kyoko starts speaking full on english she only knows little.

Is Kyoubro still around?

None of them speak anything that isn't Japanese.

>foolish
Also, Apple is a racist.

I'd be more generous, though I agree this must be OPs first day

But it didn't get cancelled though.

I would love to listen to Kyouko talk in english for a full day. It would be cute watching her go engrish all day.

He left long ago.

If kyoko is japanese. That means you are not racist. Don't mind me. Just picking apart a lie from Lawnchair.

>I would love to listen to Kyouko talk in english for a full day.
You're very foolish!

Well then get Kyoubro back for fuck's sake. I made a promise three years ago to tell him how a date went and it's fucking impossible to get a hold of him

>appuru isu veri foorishu

Why does Sup Forums miss the lawnchair? I love you guys.

Correct

Who?

I wanna collect you, if you know what I mean!

Your favorite chair!

I don't have lawnchairs. Only table and desk chairs. This lawnchair you speak of is probably some loser tirelessly stalking someone.

You can't go to Comiket in winter.

LOL

I kind of miss Kevin-kun lads.

He's here every now and again.

I imagine Apple-chan is miserable without him.

see desuarchive.org/a/thread/158570297/#158586185
>MadoSaya
>naturally
Kapplin is over! NTR

Buuuut... It didn't..?

kissanime.ru/Anime/Mahou-Shoujo-Madoka-Magica-Concept-Movie/Episode?id=130454

What do you think of the character songs?
>madoka-magica.com/cd/
>[Other character songs]
>"naturally" Madoka Kaname (CV Aoi Yuki) & Sayaka Miki (CV Eri Kitamura)
>"My dream has come true!"(*) Madoka Kaname (CV Aoi Yuki)
>"Mebius Ash" Homura Akemi (CV Chiwa Saito)
>"The sound of dreams" Madoka Kaname (CV Aoi Yuki) & Homura Akemi (CV Chiwa Saito)
>"stairs" Mami Tomoe (CV Kaori Mizuhashi) & Kyoko Sakura (CV Ai Nonaka)

japanese fans it seems

>madoka-magica.com/news/
>【他 キャラクターソング】
>「naturally」:鹿目まどか(CV:悠木 碧)&美樹さやか(CV:喜多村英梨)
>「あこがれ咲いた」(*):鹿目まどか(CV:悠木 碧) 
>「Mebius Ash」:暁美ほむら(CV:斎藤千和) 
>「ユメおと」:鹿目まどか(CV:悠木 碧)&暁美ほむら(CV:斎藤千和)
>「stairs」:巴マミ(CV:水橋かおり)&佐倉杏子(CV:野中藍)

They're excited but they're worried it will suck without the butcher writing.

meme meguca confirmed

memeguca

>garbage
>smartphone game
>stupid billing system

Very valid concern desu. I don't want another s2 of Psycho-Pass.

Good night, everyone!

yes and it will feed madoka doujins for several years from now on

just like how FGO has taken over all Fate doujins

>that I can touch inside of your soul gem

I would have been okay with the ending had Rebellion didn't exist, but now that they gone and made Rebellion it's a travesty that they don't give the franchise a proper conclusion. Rebellion wasn't shit, the problem is it doesn't feel like "an end"

How cute.

tell me the story of this show in one sentence

Grimdark Magical Girls.

A time traveling lesbian constantly travels back in time in order to save her straight friend she has an unhealthy obsession with only to fail over and over again until the last time, in which her straight friend becomes Space Magical Girl Jesus and literally becomes a new Law of Physics.

Is there a dailymotion link or something?, the video is reglocked.

>madoka is straight
Prove it.

You know you don't want me to. You know I could if I wanted.

Do it. Seriously. Prove the Yurifags wrong if you can.

Do you require Madoka asking a boy out, do you need Madoka rejecting Homura's advances, or do you need something more subtle?

There's no proof. Same as it's debatable she sees Homura romantically.

A heartwarming magical girl anime about the power of friendship between two girls.

Madoka talked about wanting love letters from boys in episode fucking one.