The West and Space Exploration

Why is it so hard for the West to return to Space? The 1960s-70s were such a golden time for western civilization, and they were technologically nothing compared to what we have today. It's sad, especially when we can explore space much easier now.

vid related:
>youtube.com/watch?v=DRETr3nybik

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dm7S8aXQJ4I
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/7875584/Barack-Obama-Nasa-must-try-to-make-Muslims-feel-good.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Space is a HOAX

We never went to space, brainlet. If we tried we'd hit the dome and fall back to earth.

Who else has been trying? The African Union or the Chinese or Indians? It's 2018 cocksucker. Go back and watch star trek

>we
>The 1960s-70s were such a golden time
there are some great individuals that are disgusted by identity politics and try to rise above it. Just like the 60's and 70's
That they are white it's coinicdence

It seems that the rise in "diversity" among Western Nations, particularly the US, has resulted in less political will to go to space.

lol gay.

The tilt of the Earth is 23.5

People were under the gun and pressured to beat the other tribe. Once the threat was gone the money always could be used somewhere else.

actually the oposite
>diversity is rising
>white man goes to space

We can't safely get past all the radiation

We lost the technology to get to the moon.

Do we have an pictures of this yet that aren't shit?

>It's a clear sign of priorities when a country has billionaires sending rockets to space while the poor [whatever useless bitching the nigger continued to say]
Really nogs my jogs

There are areas of weaker radiation in the Van Allen Belts. The bigger issue is long term voyages like to mars.

>MUH SPACE MUH SPACE
hey get this
maybe
just maybe
theres not a lot of money to be made in space right now
hmmm

There's plenty of money, its just there is no political will, and money is being used to fund massive welfare programs and military

>Why is it so hard for the West to return to Space?
It's currently not profitable, there is no immediate benefit in doing so and the the amount of investment and work needed to begin any serious ventures into space is enormous. We basically need a fully functional industrial society on the moon before we can really get anywhere.

>we can explore space much easier now.
It really isn't, getting off Earth is as hard as ever, there are just more people doing. Look at the specs of the falcon 9, it takes all that to put 22 tonnes into low earth orbit.

A lot of the manned space exploration we did was scientifically pointless. They were political dick waving stunts between the US and USSR. Sure, all the astronauts that went to the moon brought back rocks and shit but a probe could have easily done everything they did. There's no point in sending people to Mars either, as we are never going to colonize a planet with 40% of Earth's gravity since people's bones would degenerate faster than Sweden's morals. Venus is a good candidate though. The atmosphere is so dense that NASA considers cloud cities to be a viable option for colonizing the planet.

hmm, let's see

>spend billions of dollars sending a few white men to dead rocks millions of miles away
or
>use that money to help the millions of in need people right here

Get your priorities straight

None of us know what actually is up there. Remember how many times (((science))) has lied to us.

We had the space program just to run the commies out of money

Why is it so hard for the West to return to Space?
Cause Stanley Kubrick is dead

>"the 1960s-70s were such a golden time for western civilization"
American propaganda thread detected.

space is fake

watch elon get outted

"You can tell it's real cause it looks so fake"

youtube.com/watch?v=dm7S8aXQJ4I

HOLEEEE FUCK

I didnt think People were really this retarded,
On the Live spacex videos it literally says fairing deploy at the exact moment the fairing deploys on the video.

Oh my Fucking God what the fuck is wrong with these people?

Because fighting Jew wars and paying welfare to dindus and sandniggers is more important than the scientific and eventual evolutionary advancement of mankind.

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/7875584/Barack-Obama-Nasa-must-try-to-make-Muslims-feel-good.html

Because king nigger cant let whitey fuck off to the moon

youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY

I've met autistic people less retarded than you.

>what is a faring

I'm 99% sure you are a burger

Because back then it all was dick measuring contest between USSR and US. If US relax, USSR will beat them in something.
Space agencies had astronomical budget, like, modern NASA budget is like 5% from their budget in 70s. And to put into perspective, current Roscosmos budget is about 10% of current NASA budget.
Nothing like this will ever happened again.
Ironically, but collapse of USSR was the worst thing what happened for space exploration.