Yes

Yes

Unironically yes

2003 was better

2003 deserves it more

Contrarian idiots.

It was pretty good.

Yes

Yep. Great cast, great animation, good balance of serious plot and comedic relief, great dub.

That scene felt really dumb, to be honest.
>RRRRR i really angry must snap my fingers harder!!

Yes. I know Sup Forums loves shitting on it and saying that the edgefest that was the 2003 version was better but the manga and Brotherhood is my top shonen series.

If FMA:B isn't in your top 5 of anime you have objectively shit taste.

It's meh.

Yes. Not accounting for personal preferences and taste and trying to analyze objectively, it's probably the greatest anime of all time. It's as close to a perfect series as you can get.

it is pretty good

it's not as deep and philosophical as Hunter x Hunter (2011)

I think we all agree it is pretty good

Any implication that Brotherhood is the best the medium has to offer is pitiful. Luckily it's not. If I actually wanted to impress someone with kino I'd show them Grave of the Fireflies or Kenshin Trust and Betrayal. Or FMA 2003.

8.5/10

really good anime, but still far from a masterppiece

O

whats your masterpiece

This about sums up my thoughts. There's nothing really wrong with it but it's highs aren't amazing either. except for Bradley vs. Scar

Brotherhood threw consequences out the window. It was fun but that ending fucking ruined it

>Or FMA 2003.
I agreed with you up until this point.

Rewatched it recently and I can say absolutely no. It's just standard shonen shit that only gets a pass due to nostalgia. Father is the blandest sack of shit and dragged the whole show down. Apparently it needed a generic big bad evil guy who wants to reshape the world because he thinks he's in a jrpg.

yes, except Ed lost a leg and the ability to use alchemy, as well as years of youth, Al was permanently crippled from multiyear atrophy, both lost their parents.

But no consequences right?

MY

H2O: Footprints in the sand

ALCHEMY

boom

>Kenshin Trust and Betrayal
Which was so overdramatic that even the author of Kenshin hated it. Thank God it's noncanon trash and the actual ending to Kenshin is satisfying.

Pretty much. Characters that acted with brain, had reasonable motivations for their actions, some died (and stayed dead), some suffered, some overcame, emotional moments that hit and hit hard, didn't overstay it's welcome, etc....

Yes, yes the fuck it does deserve its praise.

Its really boring. I actually forgot i watched it. Literally forgettable.

Literal deus ex machinma

RUBBER

Who cares? It's better than almost anything else that has massive mainstream success.

The 2003 one was better.

Both versions of FMA are literally the only kino shounen.

Seisouhen is the one he hated. Tsuiokuhen is the good one retard

What about Yu Yu Hakusho?

Mustang is definitely one of the faggiest characters

Watsuki didn't hate any of the two OVAs, he just basically said that Kenshin went through a lot of crap and deserved a happy ending, and Seisouhen's ending is pretty much the opposite of what he had in mind. He never claimed to hate Seisouhen, I don't know why people started to say that.

6/10. Combine the good parts of 03 and brotherhood and it becomes a 8/10.

NEN

asspull x asspull

idiot*

Both the 2003 series and Brotherhood are great but I personally prefer Brotherhood

Al was only temporarily crippled due to years of muscle atropy. They tated he would recover after lengthy physical therapy, hence the crutches.

it's a pretty well-rounded series, I think. There's the edgy 2003 series and then the manga/brotherhood for an actual satisfying conclusion

>the edgy 2003 series

It's funny how easy it is to spot people who didn't watch FMA 2003 and are just parroting what they've read somewhere else.