youtube.com/watch?v=8Nd9arGbEfs
youtube.com/watch?v=RmIag6DhXEA
youtube.com/watch?v=vnQ8-nR895A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dubs are even more unbearable after you've watched the orignal

>hajime's voice
>this entire shitty dub

Why would you watch a shit series?

Why do all women in dubs talk in that obnoxious snarky voice?

What's with the dubs coming out the past couple years? The microphones have this weird distortion that sounds like the bass is boosted and the highs are artificially clipped. Also that one chick sounds like a fat bull dyke.

She sounds like fucking 90s Ash Ketchum.

nice bait faggot, go watch boku no hero shit

I bet Arkada and r/anime will love it.

Why don't they talk like a normal cute girls? No research?

Fuck off newfag

I liked Youjo Senki's dub

because the culture doesnt translate at all and anime is just corny as all fuck in english. Maybe if I spoke japanese it would sound more corny to me, but because I dont understand and it sounds foreign to me, it fits better with a foreign setting. Also japanese takes way longer to express simple ideas than english (its honestly just inferior but Im not even going to get into that) so a long dialogue scene that sounded deep and cool in japanese just sounds like a first year college student trying to sound "deep" in english.
Also the body language is totally different in japan so it just doesnt translate to a western person at all and clashes.

American women in their 40s are incapable of sounding cute.

all english dub are shit
not believe me?
youtube.com/watch?v=qI2_3OgCxso

>You do not like these anime
>You are under 15

>character is reserved and elegant in the original
>dub makes them sound like a retarded valley girl

I understand Japanese and sounds better because of your pronunciation and voice not because you do not understand it

Only retards enjoy Newshit anyway.

I watched western(American) cartoons and they sound miles better and a lot more natural than any English Dubbed anime or any proclaimed anime with "great dubs".
Are the voice actors quality really different from anime series and western cartoons? Are they even the same people?

im gonna have to ask you to try that sentence again

because VAs are snarky obnoxious canadians

>character speaks in a certain dialect in the original
>dub has them speak normally and doesn't even bother to try and replicate it

>Why are dubs so shit?
A mixture of production involvement and economics tend to make dubs bad in general. It's not a fact of nature or anything, it's possible for companies to care on rare occasions, but it's common. Most of the reasons have nothing to do with Japan, but one does.

1. (Generic) Original VA happens as part of the production. They're directly involved in it, talking to directors and team about what the point of a scene and character is, there is back and forth. Some people coming in weeks/months/years after the fact don't have that same dynamic. Again, this is generic, even for anime. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust was directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri and he chose English as the original language and it's great.

2. (Generic) Languages aren't all perfectly equivalent, and the original work tends to take into account the original language. This can make some parts awkward or hard to do in another language in an equivalent amount of time/beat. Subs can get around this of course because they can display more (or less) text then would fit a scene if it was spoken and have it work.

3. (Japanese, but economic) The one thing Japan has had historically is critical mass, like silicon valley does for tech or Hollywood for movies or other hubs for their stuff. Because anime/vidya has been more popular & widely used, and due to crossover with jpop/idolshit, there simply is a significant amount of work for VAs, more then elsewhere. So in turn there are more, and more specialty training for them, and they practice more at it, etc. That's not some inherently nihongo quality but hub network effects matter in any industry.

>streamable.com/joahj

Am I the only one who likes it?

Dubs only use cheap bottom of the barrel voice actors. If you look at stuff like Disney's dubs of Ghibli stuff it sounds fine because they actually spend money to get decent voice actors.

dubs are just awful some old generic american voices just cringe I don't know how the more casual or normal anime watcher even stands them
They must be used to low quality american voices

Dumb kemonofag, It was a rhetorical question.

>That scene where Kou walks in
>Her line
Oh, sweet lord Jesus, why?

I strongly believe dubs are 10 times more shit when you have already watched the original show with the original seiyuu's

Also nip anime studios actually pay money for decent voice actors.

Dubs (obviously) have a much lower budget. Western voice actors only do anime dubs because they can't get better, higher-pay jobs like doing voice work for video games or western cartoons.

Spider isn't that bad.

Hey, it's Hanamaru

>because they can't get better, higher-pay jobs like doing voice work for video games or western cartoons.

Ahhh, an arrogant post

Such is the way of Sup Forums

>Also japanese takes way longer to express simple ideas than english (its honestly just inferior but Im not even going to get into that)

The more of a strength of English than a weakness of Japanese. English is way more concise than a lot of languages.

how is that an arrogantpost
im just saying that doing dubs pays fuckall, so only low-quality voice actors keep doing it
the better ones leave for higher-pay jobs

Would it kill them to pronounce the names properly?

This. Dub voices always seem to have the hardest time pronouncing Japanese names.

>Be me (Or not bc who'd want to be me)
>See if BNHA ep 15 dub went up
>New Game ep 6 (Dub)
>See some Dallas-based actors I like
>"Eh, maybe some other time"
>Use OP's link
>This is the worst Tia Ballard's ever sounded
>Is it even possible for Michelle Rojas to sound good or even distinct in a good way?
>Funi should have casted a girlier sounding actress like Bryn Appril or Felecia Angelle for Yun
>"Yeah, not wasting my time"

LISTEN UP MAGGOTS. THIS DUB IS THE BEST DUB YOU'LL HEAR IN YEARS

Meaning dubs will still be absolute shit for years to come.

Yeah if you take a trick to the middle east lul

>Tanya sounds exactly like the girl from Bob's Burgers

>Is it even possible for Michelle Rojas to sound good or even distinct in a good way?

She sounds great in this because she isn't trying to force a teenager voice like she was in Date A Live. OP clip is like five words and not a good representation.

It still depends despite how rare good dubs are.

They should just change the names if they're going to fuck them up that badly.

That was actually pretty good. Which part did you have a problem with?

oh my christ

youtube.com/watch?v=8Nd9arGbEfs
youtube.com/watch?v=RmIag6DhXEA
youtube.com/watch?v=vnQ8-nR895A

It's just your typical Sup Forumsutism.

In professional productions they do this by casting someone that actually is from somewhere that's not Texas, rather than getting the same three actors again and telling them to do funny voices.

This is unironically great