Christianity General

God bless you Sup Forums.

No matter your denomination, come and discuss our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - who died for our sins.

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkingmatters.org.nz/2011/04/how-william-lane-craig-thrashed-sam-harris-like-a-naughty-puppy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that no matter the moral state of society currently, God will not abandon us.

→ #
→ #
>Scripture. Mainly the Old Testament mixed with the actions of christians themselves. (Specifically the complete abomination of christianity that occurred over the last 100 years in the US, from televangelism to speaking in tongues).

I understand user. I have had my struggles with faith too. Some things are just tough for us to understand. One thing that hurt me was I was never taught apologetics. Most Christians aren't taught this. Its why so many get to college and lose their faith. Some atheist professor bombards them with all these "facts" and they have no idea how to respond.

You may have studied and for other reasons just disagree. If you havent listened to or read any of John Lennox check him out. He is an Oxford Mathematician who can really dive into the more complex issues and explain them in a scientific way. His debates with Richard Dawkins are really good and covers most of the big Attheist/Christian arguments. He really helped me.

Also, dont let the degeneracy of man sway you from Christianity. We all fail and many who call thereselves Christian are not. How degenerate Christians act doesnt change the validity of Gods word

I was atheist after college, but my conversion came quickly and suddenly. A Damascus road experience of sorts. tbqh I wonder how those who just stayed faithful and never strayed, how strong their faith is. You can kind of tell those who stared off into the abyss but got the evidence they required.

I wish I had a strong faith desu. I doubt every few months and spiral into sad times.
But I trust in God.

I pray to Christ that he sparks your faith, but you have to always do your part and seek truth. Always in thanksgiving for your blessings.

That's great to hear. Yes I have talk to some who have great faith and dont care about such matters. My mind just doesnt work like that. I have always asked the why question.

I was like this a little while ago. I really dove into Apologetics and it has helped me a lot. I still pray for God to bolster my faith everyday.

The closer you get to God the more subjective experiences you will gain also. These will end up providing better proof than anything this world can offer.

The Message of the Cross

18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”b
20Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not know Him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

22Jews demand signs and Greeks search for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

25For the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength.

Do you think Revelations 13 implies that the threat of the beast is a cycle that continues? I believe that Zionism is the second beast, and the devil's cult, the illuminati is the first beast.

God will not abandon his children, you mean.

>Richard Dawkins

William Lane Craig doesn't leave much of Dawkins for anyone else to debate. Utterly annihilates the man's "logic and reason".

God literally allotted to one man all of the treasures of this earth.

Whoever you're quoting doesn't know Adam.

I'm an atheist (inb4 edgelord), but I fully appreciate the importance of Christianity on the history of Europe. We are allies against the Islamic hordes.
I live near a beautiful cathedral that I like to visit from time to time. It helps that it's also in my favourite city in the world. I dropped in yesterday for a look around while waiting for the rain to stop and noticed for the first time that they have tombs of what look like Crusaders lining the main room (there will be a technical term, but I don't have a clue).
I asked one of the lay-preacher types about the tombs, and brought up the maybe-Crusaders. He dodged the question. I asked again. He dodged the question again. I changed the subject a little and then came back from a different angle. He dodged the question again, and seemed eager to get away even when I changed topics and moved on.
I assume he didn't even want to acknowledge the Crusades because of muh tolerance.
TFW Christianity is so cucked they think that mudslimes are their friends. This cannot be healthy.
Pic related: The cathedral.Oldest and most complete pre-Reformation building in the UK, and one of the oldest in Europe. It's magnificent.

Oh, wow, same guy who does not know that the Holy Spirit of God tabernacles within each born again Christian.

It's like he's not even saved. Pretty sure.

>I still pray for God to bolster my faith everyday.

That's not what God says to do. Pray for wisdom, pray for strength, but if you want to increase your faith, faith increases by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Listen to the bible on CD/whatever and your faith will grow. Ears, not eyes. Faith is the ability to believe what you cannot see. So leave your eyes out of it.

Is there a non cucked form of Christianity?

I feel connection to the God and our saviour Christ, but I can't see that current Curch is run by Satanic Globalists who want us Europeans to perish.

I am sick of Christians defending the Jews and pretending we are friends, the Christ was sent to the Earth to punish the Synagoge of Satan.

Why are there no small sects of Christians which date to the literally first followers of Christ, who were betrayed by jews.

No. The first beast described is a kingdom; the heads are kings, and the crowns are kingdoms. The antichrist, whose kingdom this is, has subverted three of the heads. He is the one who apparently is killed with a head wound, but is revived (but loses the use of his right arm and right eye).

The second beast described is a man, and not to put too fine a point on it, the pope. Horns like a lamb, but the tongue of a serpent. The devil does not know when the end is, so he always has a pope on deck ready to act as this beast, the false prophet of Mystery Babylon.

The Kingdom of God is not of this earth, but the next.

Yes. Christianity.

Why Christianity rather than deism?

I know but I am looking at the name of the sect, all I can find are small groups of Christians in Middle East.

Christianity= Church which licks the Jew cock

You probably exuded your fedoraism to him, aglow in your ephoric enlightenment. I can tell very shortly from meeting someone if they are a man of humility and fear and love Christ. You probably gave him the creeps with you PC question.

Because Jesus made it clear that He is God.

I'm an atheist but Dawkins is a bit of an idiot. Don't get me wrong, brilliant scientist, but he knows fuck-all about religion, so he should stay in his lane. The only Christians he has effective arguments against are creationists. Sam is the superior horseman.

The kingdom of god is within you

>I'm an atheist, but
Disregarded.

>We are allies against the Islamic hordes.
Not really.

I don't think you want to be a Christian, if you want nothing to do with Jews.

Jesus is the Seed of Abraham, the Root of David, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Jewish Messiah and the King of the Jews.

Hard to imagine someone more Jewy than Jesus.

They're both fools, to be quite honest.

Weakling. Nobody will come to “save” you. You must do it yourself.

Sam's logic is sound, and unlike Dawkins he's put considerable time into studying religion and spirituality generally.

Popular misunderstanding. The pharisees were standing around Jesus and asking him if he's the messiah, where's the Kingdom of God that was promised? All they saw was a homeless man standing there.

Jesus said that the Kingdom of God was among them. That He, as King, is the Kingdom of God wherever He goes, and right then He was standing in their midst. Within the group of them, if you will.

Only a fool says Jesus never even existed.

>The closer you get to God the more subjective experiences you will gain also.

>starts believing in something instead of questioning it
>convinces himself it’s true
>starts to interpret everything through that lens
>belief reinforces delusion which reinforces belief

Hmmm really makes me think

Fuck the jews, they are worshipers of Satan

Praise Jesus

Aren't children precious in their profound ignorance.

He said the kingdom is within you because the kingdom is within you. It is eternal, but also here and now. It isn't a place with walls, it's the "dominion of god", which is pervasive.

these are the people you worship:

"19 Do not charge a fellow Israelite interest, whether on money or food or anything else that may earn interest. 20 You may charge a foreigner interest, but not a fellow Israelite, so that the Lord your God may bless you in everything you put your hand to in the land you are entering to possess."

Same kikes yesterday, today and forever.

Jesus is the King of Kings

I agree. Is that his opinion though? I would assume he believes there was a historical Jesus, it's the scholarly consensus.

Craig crushes Harris
Summary:
1. Harris is confusing how we know moral values and duties with what grounds moral values and duties

2. Harris’s critique of God’s character is irrelevant and off topic

3. The question isn’t whether human flourishing is good, but what makes human flourishing good

4. Human flourishing cannot be identical with moral goodness because we can imagine a possible world, under Harris’s own assumptions, where evil people primarily flourish (this is a devastating argument that blows Harris’s entire ethical framework out of the water and leaves him with nothing in the debate)

5. Moral obligations come from an appropriate authority, and under atheism there is no objective authority; thus no foundation for objective morality

thinkingmatters.org.nz/2011/04/how-william-lane-craig-thrashed-sam-harris-like-a-naughty-puppy/

You don't want to be a Christian, then. What you want, ironically, is to spend eternity with the worst Jews who have ever lived, on fire, forever.

Mind the ignorant plank in your own eye Judgey McJudgerson.

You are a dumb theist, you can’t call anyone else ignorant.

I told you what the passage means.

The Kingdom of God comes with the Day of the Lord, and it is the rule of Jesus over the entire planet with a rod of iron, directly after the Second Coming.

Yes, he wrote it in "Letter to a Christian Nation".

>dumb theist

Maybe that's possible.

Lutheran here. I want to convert to catholicism because it's based, but theres a problem.
The local community is abysmally small, over half of the people are polish or thai imigrants who only know their mother language, and I don't even know any catholics personally. It almost feels like leaving for some isolated jehova's cult or something. I want to join, but the community seems so, scary. What do?

I never claimed to be a Christian. I am merely an ally of them.

We do not want you as an ally. We want you as a brother.

I most certainly can.

You can join anything you named, and not progress any further towards God than you are right now.

I never claimed to be an atheist either. I detest them.

>And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”
Was this a threat? Was Jesus going to make him meet his maker, that sweet by and by? The sapiential understanding of the kingdom is the right one.

>Is there a non cucked form of Christianity?
Christianity was meant to preserve the descendants of Joseph who populated Europe and are today's white people. They were not jews. Jew is a term that describes the descendants of Judah and them alone. Any Bible that calls Abraham a jew is plain heretical. Judah fucked over Joseph from the very beginning by selling him to the Egyptians and the Judean Judas betrayed Jesus. The tribe of Judah went on to fuck up Rome, compile the unholy Babylonian Talmud, and perform other acts of utmost fuckery. Eventually, the Satanic Khazarians adopted judaism and the term jew and took their place as the great fuck uppers of civilization. In 1666 the founder of Sabbatean judaism was born. This branch of judaism preaches that all evils are actually good. Karl Marx was a Sabbatean jew. Thanks to him, communism was born, and from that spawned cultural Marxism. Cultural Marxism infected Christianity and neutered its original purpose. The Catholic church has held onto traditional Christian values pretty well until antipope Francis, a descendent of the Rothschild bloodline, usurped Pope Benedict. Pray for the restoration of the church and the preservation of the Holy European race.

I'm an occultist.

Never blaspheme or tell anyone you lack faith entirely, or you are immediately a non-ally. Walk you spiritual journey in silence as you search for the absolute truth of God just like every man does.

You seem unclear on the spiritual battle you are engaged in. There are only two sides. For Jesus, and Against Jesus. And this is per Jesus.

So if you are not For Jesus, i.e. a born again Christian and one of his brothers or sisters, you are Against Jesus, and therefore in the synagogue of satan.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Not really. Sam uses the typical arrogant atheist logic of "I cant understand how God could let people suffer. He either cant stop it or won't" argument. Thats an absurd line of reasoning thats been btfod long ago.

Thoughts on suicide? Does one lose salvation if they take their life?

That's pretty edgy. And not in any way aligned or allied with Christianity.

Do occultists ever survive puberty?

No, he was telling him that he was not saved yet, but that he could be saved if he took the leap of faith that Kierkegaard coined.

You have to be perfect to enter into heaven; Jesus telling the man he is not far is the same as me telling you after you tried to jump to Jupiter that you are not far, astronomically speaking.

What’s this

You misunderstand. I don't care about your personal faith or religion. I consider Christians political allies.

I understand the apocalyptic understanding of the kingdom, I just don't agree with it.

>You probably exuded your fedoraism to him, aglow in your ephoric enlightenment.
Nope. Nothing but respectful, never mentioned my beliefs. Was full of praise for the building.
And I've never worn a fedora.
>PC question
I'm a Sup Forumstard. I'm far from PC.
Also, how is mentioning the Crusades PC?
Have you ever sat down and talked to any atheists? Frankly, I've never met any of the fedora-wearing edgelords IRL, and as I say below, most atheists I know see Christians as allies and friends.
In my view, you're free to believe and worship as you choose. I won't force my beliefs on you, and most Christians I've known have never tried to force theirs on me.
>Disregarded
You leave me in awe with your rhetorical techniques.
>Not really.
I think that this is a major misconception.
Most of the atheists I know:
>Respect European history and culture.
>Have nothing against Christians as people.
>Are extremely anti-Islam.
Aren't we your natural allies?
Don't we all need to work together in these difficult times?
>Dawkins is a bit of an idiot
Maybe a little.
I find his 'religion is a mental virus and nothing more' line to be a bit absurd.
I don't understand how an evolutionary biologist can't conclude that religious belief is an evolutionary adaptation.

Kek.
I went to school with a kid who was literally a Satanist meme.
Last I heard he was thinking of moving to Eastern Europe to become an Orthodox monk.

Once a man is saved, he is in Jesus Christ; Jesus is in the hand of the Father; and the Holy Spirit binds us all together. No one can take us out of the hand of the Father.

Suicide is murder; premeditated self-murder, and a sin. And forgiven at the cross before anyone now living was born.

If a man is saved, and has the Holy Spirit of God in him, that Holy Spirit is Life, and life everlasting. Such a man though he may despair rarely takes his own life.

If a man is considering taking his own life, he should first make sure of his own salvation. And then, making sure of his own salvation, pray to God to restore the joy of his salvation in him.

The RCC, among other religions, binds people to slavery by telling them they have to constantly confess all of their sins, and pay the price of them in penance. And yet, the price is death. And the recounting is always faulty, for even if a man knows something good to do but does not do it, that is counted as sin.

So if the Catholics are right, and a man's sins all have to be confessed and absolved by their priests, nobody but Jesus and the OT saints will be in heaven.

Tragically, sometimes, no.

>bad things happen therefore God doesn't exist
That is terrible logic to start, but it implies he has judged this imperfect world based on his imagined utopian idea of perfection in his head based on nothing. Candy Land or something.

There are just much more profound forms of theology that he knows nothing of. It's fine to beat up retarded creationists, though it's a waste of his time, but what does he have to say about Meister Eckhart's God? Or the journey of St. John of the Cross? Thomas Keatings's centering prayer, Thomas Merton's profound writings? I don't think Dawkins is even willing to look, he's already thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

If you lived 500 years ago, and your little country was taken over by a neighboring kingdom, and you saw that king and his retinue riding towards you, you would know to bend the knee or lose your head.

Why do you not know that now?

>Don't we all need to work together in these difficult times?

Yes, but atheism, as a social movement, has been used as a tool to cripple Western civilization.

If you do not believe the creation, there is no reason for you to believe the resurrection.

I used to think I was too edgy to be Christian. Turns out I'm basically just a normal Catholic from back when men had testosterone.

So you're not into that whole evolution thing?

It's a shame you're content with that, and do not strive to be a Christian.

No, of course not. It's absurd on its face.

I can think of plenty occasions where christianity has been used as a tool to cripple western civilization, but when did atheists do it?

You aren't an ally though is what I'm saying, in fact you as an atheist are enemy #1. It was advice that I you want Christians to like you never speak on faith or blaspheme, ever, stay in the closet with your disgusting fedora at all times.

Atheist communists crippling western Europe ring a bell?
Atheist muslims flooding western Europe ring a bell?

Or are you just deaf?

Rude.

Europe.

One can argue those are subverted churches. As we see in America, protecting illegals aliens and spreading degenerate gay acceptance propaganda. Whereas atheism has never brought anything but social destruction and cultural marxism.

>in fact you as an atheist

I am not an atheist whatsoever. Clearly you lack reading comprehension.

A pastor friend of mine once said that the #1 thing that turns people away from Christ is Christians. As someone who spent most of his life as atheist because of the actions of "Christians", I know where you're coming from. However, try not to let your appraisal of imperfect vessels distract you from the truth of the divine. If anything, let it serve as a lesson in how you as a Christian might come to better glorify God and embody the virtues his Son commanded.

See pic related. Many Christians hold non-Biblical views about tolerance.

Jesus's sacrifice made a New Covenant between Man and God, superseding the Old Covenant. You're quoting Old testament Jewry that Jesus specifically condemned.

I never understand this line of thinking. God allows us Free Will, and with it, the consequences of our actions.

What are we reading today, brothers and sisters in Christ? I'm working my way through Jeremiah currently.

>atheism, as a social movement, has been used as a tool to cripple Western civilization.
You can blame a lot of that on the Feminist infiltration (Atheism+) that happened about a decade ago. This largely split the nascent movement into married/marriagable 'normies' and fat/unattractive Feminazis who were much louder. The normies just sort of gave up. It was sad.
I think I know more atheists who are unapologetically pro-Western and and anti-Immigration than I do Christians.
Obviously, I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet that more of the 'Invaders Welcome, White Women to Rape Over Here' crowd are Christians than (non-Commie) atheists.
As I say, we're your enemies' enemies, and as such, your allies. The 'much atheism means mudslimes are welcome' types are both of our enemies.

God is absent; yet we are made in His image... You are no friends of mine, for you've neglected the abyss He's left us with for far too long, and in that neglect, the Abyss has fed on a great many things.

Atheist muslims? What the fuck are they?

And in the UK at least, more than half of the vocal people who are fighting for the migrant influx are christians, with the whole 'do unto others' and charity lingo. Its not like over here where the christians are trying to keep them out, over there its the christians trying to bring them in. Two very different types of christians, I'll give you that.

Sam's arguments against free will are pretty convincing. And self-evident imo, it's a position I arrived at before listening to or reading Sam Harris.

>Atheist muslims? What the fuck are they?

All of them. Do you really think allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who said in no uncertain terms he is the one true God and creator of this universe?

allah? A trickster, a plotter, a planner, a deceiver, and the best of them? God?

kek

The epicenter of the abyss is the Vatican. Change your meme flag or answer for its evil.

Pic related: Globalist cuck extraordinaire, and not an atheist.
I'm no fan of the Pope, but seeing this makes me want to throw up in my mouth,

>I listen to people who tell me that I have no personal responsibility for what I think, do or say.

Gee, I wonder why that appeals to you.

>You can blame a lot of that on the Feminist infiltration (Atheism+) that happened about a decade ago

No. Atheism in it's entire history has been a plague of which nothing good has ever come. It has eroded and destroyed every place it has been pushed.

I dont think atheist means what you think it means.