I want to start attending a church, but who is right, the Catholics or the Protestants, Sup Forums?

I want to start attending a church, but who is right, the Catholics or the Protestants, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wh1VU-_OF98
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtu.be/V8xZTVKx0Dc
youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVyptxPQ04&t=2109s
youtube.com/watch?v=i_8sIq50gsI
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
mostholyfamilymonastery.com/catholicchurch/bible/#.WVwJLYjyuCg
youtube.com/watch?v=piVdrtgo7Xw
youtube.com/watch?v=xs0ExgnRMqc
youtube.com/watch?v=oCQh04hhSoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Start your own.
You make more money as a cult leader but, you have more fun as a follower.

Whatever one wants the least donations

From the theology point of view, SOME protestants theology is less stupid than Catholic.
From the cultural point of view, the Old Roman Catholicism is based and results in a wonderful culture - but it comes at a price - pedophiles and corruption.
Comparing Most protestants to the current catholic church - yeah, we're fucked. Totally fucked. "Like, goat raping mud hut building Islam may even be better" seriously fucked.

The Protestants were correct in dinner of their criticisms of the medieval church. During the Counter-Reformation, the Catholic Church mostly addressed these issues. Unless you have strong and well-reasoned disagreements with a particular doctrine, there isn't any great reason to pick one over the other.

Just don't go too deep into the Evangelical stuff. It's basically the lowest common denominator form of Christianity.

This

Be careful. Most organized religion is either a scam or is meant to spread venom.

By today's standards, I mean. That's not a credible argument against religion itself.

The baptists.

Yes there is great reason to pick one over another, that being that fact that protestantism is a satanic false religion.

>protestantism is a mistake

choose one:
The Church
my church

Catholics are shit.

Go to an Evangelical one.

Protestant. Join the reformed though because armenian doctrine protestants are degenerates. Catholics are heavily influenced by Babylonian customs that Constantine integrated in the religion. Also, they change the 10 commandments to fit their customs, like making no graven images amlnd icons and ect

Both wrong
Learn science if you want real answers

Pic is wrong. It ignores the schism which lead to the Western/Catholic Church and Eastern/Orthodox Church.

>Just don't go too deep into the Evangelical stuff. It's basically the lowest common denominator form of Christianity.
People are dying and going to hell and you're saying that trying to reach them with the gospel and have them saved is "lowest common denominator form of Christianity". This is pure wickedness.

everything to do with the official church system here seems to basically be about money like any other business. every time i hear it on the radio or look at blogs from pastors it somehow ends up revolving around 'btw we need money for our africa project' 'you should open your heart to giving and please give to us!' its gross.

i'd like to join a church but i'm always extremely turned off.

Orthodox

Stay away from the liberal churches and people who want your money as a "seed".

>but who is right
The one that believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and was sacrificed for your sins

There is no discussion on Sup Forums.
>join catechism
>decide if you like catholicism
>if so, get confirmed
>if not, cross catholicism off the list.
This ain't rocket science.

Any church that does not cave in to degeneracy and that follows His word, is a good church to attend to. If your church offers to baptize its faithful fully in water, it's also a plus. God bless you user.

www. creedthoughts .gov. www / creedthoughts.

youtu.be/Wh1VU-_OF98

Catholicism isn't really choice, as far as I'm concerned. The only reason you should be a Catholic is if you were born into it. The entire show is replacement doctrine and omission of facts.

Honestly this has been a major problem of mine since last year when I started reading the Bible.

>Be me.
>Baptized a Catholic
>Receive communion.
>Want to become a priest.
>Start public high school.
>Lose all my catholic friends.
>All my new friends are atheist degenerates.
>Don't receive confirmation.
>Lose my virginity at 15.
>Bang tons of roasties.
>Study English at an elite university.
>Drop out to study STEM.
>Start reading the Bible for literary reasons last year.
>Feel my faith return back to me, strong as it was in my childhood.
>Shitpost DEUS VULT and anti-prod memes
>Decide to start attending Catholic Mass again.
>Make first confession in ten years.
>While attending Mass and reading the Bible start to notice that things don't exactly add up.
>At the same time realize that there is still so much I don't know about Catholicism and scripture.

I don't know man. I believe Christ is my savior so according to most Protestants I suppose I am "saved." But there's still so much of the Bible I have not read and so much of Catholic church tradition that I know nothing about. I can feel certain about my faith in one regard and then all of the sudden a hydra head pops up that disturbs the certainty I felt previously. Essentially I am on the fence about the Catholic Church or a more Reformed-style Christianity like the kind preached by John Calvin.

All I can say is that if you're willing to make that leap of faith to believe in Christ, then you'll definitely have plenty of reading to fill your free time with. Read the Bible. Read the Catholic catechism. Read the history of the various churches. See what the leaders of the churches are saying today.

Personally, I would recommend the church of the white gecko.

Orthodoxy is the one true faith. The rest are heresies

There is only one ecumenical patriarchate user. Go eastern orthodox.

The Eastern Orthodox church was actually founded by disciples of Christ, so there's that; but, on the other hand, the head of the Russian Orthodox church is a money-changer and a criminal. This is why you have to be careful before you leap into a sect.

why is jesus loving that lamb? shouldn't he be mass producing them by force and slitting their throats?

after all, vegans are evil and the bible said animals are for us to use.

Why do Jesuses always die
when they are 33 years old?

Thanks.

Stay away from any church that relies on the scofield bible.

Comprehensive history of the Reformation
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
judge for yourself

Floyd is the only way to Jerome, the one true deity. If you are interested in joining, let me know. I am the treasurer of the church.

>who is right, the Catholics or the Protestants, Sup Forums?

Mormons

>not starting your own church

original diet was plant-based
after the flood the diet diversified
Genesis 1:28-29 “28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” – in the opening statements of the Bible, humanity is described as being created to be the wardens of the Earth, cultivator-custodians who would serve to beautify and magnify the majesty of God’s creation, by way of our own creative potential. The Earth in these early times was harmonious and self-sustaining, without death or decay, and our original diet as intended by God was entirely plant-based in composition. It was only after the curse, brought about by the consequences of sin, did we see the diet diversify and degenerate into carnivory – in these ways, flesh consumption is essentially derivative of Satanic influence, and represents a debased, diseased state. In that humanity was entrusted the Earth and all the dwell in it as our responsibility, upon our fall into sin and the ensuing curse of death, all life that was under our dominion also bore the consequences of the curse – as the biodiversity of edible plants decayed, the animals diversified accordingly, and so, carnivorism, parasitism, and the dynamics of competition arose.

Baptists

Verses proving salvation to anyone that believes and not of works.
youtu.be/V8xZTVKx0Dc

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
12:37
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:50
8:12
18:10-14/40-42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-28/30
4:2-14/16/24
5:1/15-18
6:23
8:24
9:30-33
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17
3:14-15
15:1-2

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
1:10
2:12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

1 Peter
1:3-5/8-9
2:6
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:11/26
3:5/20-21
21:7/27

>bible said animals are for us to use
They are.
>vegans are evil
No. But vegans who raise animals to the same level (or higher) as man and command people to abstain from meat are following an evil doctrine.

Choose your church carefully. Not too many left who haven't twisted Gods message to appeal to 2018 politics.

Who cares?

Christianity is just organized cuckoldery.

Nope. It's full of stories of Jews persecuting us.

What's the alternative?

Outside of the Catholic Church there's absolutely no salvation. But what you think is Catholic isn't.

Here's a good website for the faith:

vaticancatholic.com

Here's some good videos:

The Bible Proves the Papacy: youtube.com/watch?v=6KV6PXSODgE

Mary's Sinlessness: A Biblical Documentary: youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVyptxPQ04&t=2109s

Is the World About to End? The Apocalypse Explained?: youtube.com/watch?v=i_8sIq50gsI

The mormons

>For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Looks like I demolished your "documentary" with one sentence.

You fundamentally contradict yourself by saying that you are saved solely by "faith alone".

Protestantism's Big Justification Lie: youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8

vaticancatholic.com

So does that include Jesus, too?

"The Word became flesh and dwelt among us".

inside*

Neither lmao

The Bhagavad Gita; a real Indo-European religion.

Not one based on shekels, goats, cattle, lying to ur father to cheat an inheritance, enslaving Egyptians and genociding Aryan Hittites.

What an argument! Totally changed people's minds...

Born Timothy James McVeigh
April 23, 1968
Lockport, New York, U.S.
Died June 11, 2001 (aged 33)
USP Terre Haute in
Terre Haute, Indiana, U.S.

>For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
>and come short of God;
Are you saying Jesus isn't God?

Look a little towards the top, buddy, and you will see that it says "the Word was God".

>refusing to give up your beliefs even unto death
>cuckoldery
Pic one larpfag

Amish

Are you fundamentally separating Jesus' humanity and divinity?

Was he not tempted in the desert?

Being true man doesn't mean that He isn't also true God.

Well, if he is then God came *inside someone.

Have a look at the gnostic texts and don't buy that gibberish the church wants you to believe, especially the writings of Paul. Jews, Muslims and Christians all unknowingly worship Saturn. Dare to be different.

>The Bhagavad Gita; a real Indo-European religion.
This shit is why the idea of Aryan identity is bullshit. Fucking Panera’s are not whiter than Finns or Magyars

*pajeets

I never said that the Word wasn't God.

>Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
>Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
>And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Looks like I demolished your "documentary" with a few verses, yet again.

What? Jesus was teptied but never sinned

For newfags: this is the classic example of a jidf d&c thread. It inevitably results in shit flinging.

Become Buddhist

>Which Jewish religion is the right one to follow, Sup Forums?

Fuck off, Rabbi.

You didn't "demolish" anything.

You're pointing out that believing that Jesus is Lord doesn't equate to salvation.

To my comment saying that all have sinned except God you answered "So does that include Jesus, too?" clearly implying that he is not God. You're either retarded or a devil, fuck off.

I am a Catholic but I hate the current pope, he is using the office to push a political agenda.

Then what religion do I follow?

Jude spelled Jewed

That's my point.

The verse he was referring to doesn't include special cases (i.e. Jesus and His perfect Ark, Mary)

Jewed

Same. We need to go back to Jesus' teaching, not these perverted manmade things.

catholic churches in America are probably better than the protestant prosperity message mega churches

but Protestantism in general is correct
>praying to saints
>worshiping statues of Mary
>believing the Pope has the authority of God
>believing priests LITERALLY turn the wine into Jesus' blood during communion
a ton of their useless traditions are all pagan holdovers

praying to saints for example originated from wanting to appeal to the Pagan Romans and Greeks that already prayed to a whole bunch of different gods for different aspects of their life...
so it was easy for them to convert when they can just keep doing The same thing but with saints

go look at Mexican catholics for example who have a saint for drug runners a death saint and a saint of thieves

No, I didn't imply anything of the sort.

Do you deny His humanity? Does He not have two natures?

>people are standing in front of God and are saying "what about our works"?
>he says no
To imply that these verses say that you MUST do works when they say the complete opposite just tells me that you are blind and deluded.

You know that what you said about worshiping statues is a lie.

Check this out:

Refuting Protestantism:

forgot to type that the green text was describing catholics

>Then what religion do I follow?

The religion of your fathers.

Odinism.

The bunny cunny is correct, Catholicism is for niggers

He says that calling Him "Lord, Lord" doesn't equate to salvation, but rather "DOING the will of His Father"!

Is that not works to perform God's will?

>we don't worship statues
>we just put big statues everywhere and pray in front of them and act like they can see and hear us
nice try Cuckholic

>I want to start attending a church, but who is right, the Catholics or the Protestants, Sup Forums?
Neither, join The Davidians

>And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
>And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is forbidden to pray to the Icons and statues.

There have probably been a SMALL HANDFUL of people who literally prayed to images, and that's condemned idolatry.

If you think you're right, why not try and refute the material?

Refuting Protestantism:

>the religion of pagan people that the Christian Romans wiped out
>the religion of disparate barbarian tribes that existed before actual European civilization
>not the religion that united Europe for all of the time it was actually civilized
nice try larpagan

youtube.com/watch?v=piVdrtgo7Xw

youtube.com/watch?v=xs0ExgnRMqc

youtube.com/watch?v=oCQh04hhSoY

Go Orthodox OP. (here are some videos that could help)

Matthew 7:16-25

By their fruits you shall know them. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? [17] Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit, and the evil tree bringeth forth evil fruit. [18] A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit. [19] Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit, shall be cut down, and shall be cast into the fire. [20] Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them.

[21] Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. [22] Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity. [24] Every one therefore that heareth these my words, and doth them, shall be likened to a wise man that built his house upon a rock, [25] And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and they beat upon that house, and it fell not, for it was founded on a rock.

You didn't cite anything at all.

Definitely Catholic user because it can be traced back to Christ and is proven true by countless miracles, apparitions and also saints whose power to help us here on Earth has been proven countless times, however there is something going on in this age which you have to be aware of, namely that the church has been influenced and infiltrated by Jews, Freemasons over the past 300 years or so and most recently by communists, this all culminated in the early 1960's in Vatican council 2 where many heresies were promulgated and the true, valid Latin Mass was abolished, Christ did however promise that His church would be with us always by His words "Behold I am with you all days even to the consumption of the world, so His church does live on in very small numbers, I am a member of a very small Traditional Catholic group that has a true Bishop and priests and the true Mass, it is very important to pray user especially to the Virgin Mary, she is very very real and very very powerful and never let's you down, here also is a website to check out if you're inclined

No, Mary is not Gid so she has sinned. Stop being a fucking retard.