What the fuck is the official order of Rurouni Kenshin? There are so many fucking side series and so on...

What the fuck is the official order of Rurouni Kenshin? There are so many fucking side series and so on. The anime is only cannon up to episode 62, so what comes after? The third live action movie? Or only the manga?

The OVAs are noncanon, stated by the author himself.

>cannon

The Manga is the only thing that's covered the whole story.
The Anime gets to the end of the Kyoto arc and then goes full filler

Studio Deen made a prequel OVA and a very condensed adaptation of the final Manga arc.
They also recently attempted to animate the Kyoto arc but that was shit.

Honestly, best order is

Read Mango > Watch anime > OVAs

Then the live actions, because they're good unlike a lot of live action shit.

Read the Manga and watch the Requiem for the Ishin-Shishi Patroits. That's literally all you need to do.

Trust and Betrayal is also great but not essential.

Why is there a bunch of marvel characters in Kenshin?

Isn't this story all based in feudal Japan?

The author is a fan of Western comics. He based lot of the villains off of X-Men characters.

It couldn't be more defiantly not based in Feudal Japan considering one of the shows themes is how the people of Japan are reacting to the Meiji restoration.
What Marvel characters are you talking about?

>Trust and Betrayal is also great but not essential.
It's literally the best of the kenshin in the whole story

I forget the "historical timeline" of it all

The producers did not care, neither should you

The whole thing was a trainwreck full of executive meddling, censorship and too many ideas. At some point it went full "This is MY take on RK!" spawning plotholes, weird canon and lots and lots of fillers that goes nowhere.

Just watch the Ova/Movies and leave it alone.

The manga ending is shit so it's better to just watch Tsuioku-hen and end it there unless you're really curious to see how it ends.

Seisou-hen is a mixed bag with great visuals but an even worse ending than the manga

The manga is the only thing that has the complete story.

Are they together in the end in the manga? I know that they kiss in the anime but I didn't get there yet

I'll just say Kaoru fans get taken for a wild ride in the last arc of the manga

If you want to go the anime-only route, watch the anime up until the Shishio arc, then watch the OVAs.

Tried reading the manga, when does it stop being stale and get on with the villain everyone hypes about in this?

It sucks being Kenshin

Around chapter 50-60

Everything goes well at the end.

That is, until the sequel comes.

Wasn't there a series where he was still the battosai?

The Tsuioku-hen OVA

Watch the anime until the end of Kyoto arc, read the manga from there, watch the OVAs after

Watch the anime up to 62. Then watch the Trust and Betrayal/Tsuioku-hen OVA. Don't watch the Reflections OVA. Thats all you need to know. Read the manga for the rest of the story/the ending

Anime up to episode 64 - Tsuiokuhen - Seisouhen (ignore people who tell you not to watch it) - DVD Special that follows the ending of the manga

>Seisouhen (ignore people who tell you not to watch it)
But it's bad

Yes, they marry and have a kid at the end.

My OTP Aoshi and Misao also marry according to Watsuki.

Even with the ending being "bad", it still adapts the Enishi arc and that's one of the most important parts of the story.

Protip: If you're ever retarded enough to care about the order in which to consume a series, do it in publication order like everyone else did

People who think you need to start a series with like a prequel because it happened first chronologically are retarded since all the intentional references would be lost

Seisou-hen is actually a very well executed sad story, it just doesn't work as an ending to this series in particular.

I really think nothing about sword aids was well executed at all.

>sword aids

It's more implied to be Leprosy than any kind of STD.

>than any kind of STD.
He gives it to Kaoru through sex

Leprosy can be spread through physical contact, at least as far as I know.

Ok, but the OVA makes it really obvious that Kaoru contracts it through sex

Jin-E is Gambit and Akamatsu is Omega Red. The author himself said it in those letters pages.

I don't remember if they make it that obvious that it was through sex, it's been a while since I last watched this. But I do recall her asking him to have sex with her so they could share that pain or something like that.

Maybe I should watch it again to remind myself better. But I always thought they had sex because they were in love, and it's the most intimate physical contact they could have with each other, meaning that it's pretty much guaranteed that she'll get the disease too.

What the fuck? When does this happen?

>doesn't know the secret history of when the x-men fought with the ishin-shishi aganist Shogun Magneto

Misao is a classic boner but I've moved onto better girls now

>magneto
>samurai sword
Obvious winner

read the manga and then watch Trust and Betrayal
That's all you need

Right after this

Misao is still cute after all these years. Genki petite girls are the best.

>samurai X is non canon?

its by far the high point of the franchise, thats so retarded.

I haven't had a chance to read the manga, but I've been re-watching the anime in order. Season 1 was great but fuck the filler episodes (the Circus episode being the worst), however I'm fifteen episodes into the second season, and the difference is night and day due to the lack of filler and change in tone.

Aoshi was my favorite character. I wish he would've gotten a side story after the series ended.