youtube.com/watch?v=nuyTEVWWEio
youtube.com/watch?v=QsowHW0t7CA
youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-Skr3LZcs
youtube.com/watch?v=l9KS1ZCFxg4
youtube.com/watch?v=7_vz73m2Tk0&index=24&list=PL3C6A3D444F0C9709
youtube.com/watch?v=aGEPgCQFvI8
youtube.com/watch?v=9VyMW-pd-TE&index=14&list=PL91D0F23AD3681884
youtube.com/watch?v=lCgQZFMG3Mg
youtube.com/watch?v=_cLxRKmGL-Q&index=16&list=PL3CRUt-GCCPNCe48XRD1y3VzndmVOEY35
youtube.com/watch?v=DXeK_JPSYBA&index=17&list=PL3CRUt-GCCPNCe48XRD1y3VzndmVOEY35
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Little Busters

CCS is my favorite anime. But there's plenty of shows and movies with better OSTs. At least the instrumental parts. CCS does have the best vocal songs in anime.

DREAMING

DREAMING

youtube.com/watch?v=b7t6rZUZmfE
youtube.com/watch?v=iofgAhQitwo
youtube.com/watch?v=TTiOhl6gRtg
youtube.com/watch?v=nuyTEVWWEio

youtube.com/watch?v=QsowHW0t7CA
youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-Skr3LZcs
youtube.com/watch?v=l9KS1ZCFxg4
youtube.com/watch?v=7_vz73m2Tk0&index=24&list=PL3C6A3D444F0C9709
youtube.com/watch?v=aGEPgCQFvI8
youtube.com/watch?v=9VyMW-pd-TE&index=14&list=PL91D0F23AD3681884

I AM A DREAMER

Is Sakura Kinomoto the strongest magical girl?

The best vocal song is Super Duper Love Love Days.

SOSHITE TOBIRA GA

I'm not sure about that, but she's definitely the cutest mahou shoujo of all time.

Not by a long shot. Even considering some of the cards are broken, she can only utilize them for a few seconds at a time. She also didn't create the cards but just uses them. Now over time, when she starts to cultivate her own star magic, she is suppose to surpass Clow and be more powerful than he ever was. But we don't see that.

>there's a sequel coming out
Oh god, even CCS isn't safe from being fucked over by the sequel machine.

I'm not worried about the Clear Card anime. Unlike some of the other unnecessary sequels that are coming out, I can envision many ways in which a CCS sequel could work. 絶対大丈夫だよ, user.

If you are going for overall quality versus sheer quantity, this one right here.

youtube.com/watch?v=lCgQZFMG3Mg

A sequel could definitely work. But it was a miracle CLAMP wrote CCS as well as they did. Then they totally ruined it with Tsubasa. You really want to chance CLAMP touching it again?

Also, while I don't obsess over Sakura being a loli, a HUGE amount of people do. So having Sakura be a teenager (and possibly even older if they keep making sequels) is going to turn a lot of people off.

Really, it's just unnecessary. CCS has one of the few good endings in anime history. And now we have to hope they can do it again. And not pull a Sailor Moon Crystal. Which already, things look bleak since they're basically treating it like Sakura and co are 2 years older, but yet they're 20 years into the future with smartphones, digital cameras and modern locations.

FLCL

FOREVERRRRR TOGETHERRRRR

I haven't seen any Clamp anime besides CCS, so I don't know anything about Tsubasa.

And I don't know what smartphones have to do with the quality of the plot and characterization, which is the only thing that matters.

Urusei Yatsura has the two most catchiest openings of all time, "Lum no Love Song" and "Dancing Star". Not happy enough they accomplished to make the endings just a catch with "Kokoro Bosoi Na" and "Hoshizori Cycling".

But wait, there's more

The movie also had the most 80's song ever created ; "Ai wa BUUMERAN"

Without counting "Pajama Jama Da !" , "Chance on Love", and many, many others

It's just flawless.

>I haven't seen any Clamp anime besides CCS, so I don't know anything about Tsubasa.
CLAMP is notorious for doing things to ruin their own work, with Tsubasa being the crowning achievement in that area. Pretty much every anime adaptation of their work has improved over the original manga, including CCS.

>And I don't know what smartphones have to do with the quality of the plot and characterization, which is the only thing that matters.
It isn't the only thing that matters. But even then, plot can be ruined with random time skips and inconsistencies. A large part of the charm of CCS was it had a realistic time frame, taking place over a span of three years in real world time (1998-2001). And to set that setting, it has tons of real world identifiers. Roller blades, camcorders, arcades and the like. To suddenly drop all that and warp the setting 20 years into the future impacts the setting. Which in turn can impact the plot.

Hopefully the anime will just revert things back to an early 2000s time period.

Do we know anything about the opening for the new CCS? I'd hate for them to break the flawless streak of OPs and EDs.

You're only talking about vocal songs. And while UY does have some of the best, CCS still has better vocal songs overall (in my opinion).

Also, Urusei Yatsura movie 2 OST is basically all the best styles of 80s music combined into one compact, perfect OST.

Fuck, I was gonna say this.
Great minds think alike.

This is also a great choice.

Meh

"DO DO DREAMING! DREAMING!" is catch as hell, but it's pretty much it. "Groovy!" is also pretty fun. The movie songs are pretty generic and sometimes a little shoehorned, to be honest. For the Bossa-Nova like of the BGM, while comfy, it can be found better ones, usually in SoL anime. Azumanga OST is pretty good in that regard.

>mfw I discoveried that the girl who sings "Groovy!" also sings the GoldenEye "GET DOWN" meme

There's hardly anything bossa in either OST except Honey

Almost all piano pieces resemble works of Tom Jobim, really

Really, not very much at all

CCS has 4 cds worth of vocal songs (which they released as, you guessed it, the Vocal Collection). About 80% of them are highly memorable. And the other 20% are still pretty good.

UY has a little over two CDs worth of vocals, but nowhere near the ratio of CCS in terms of memorable. The vocal songs after season 4 started to become rather generic and forgettable.

For CCS, stuff like Super Duper Love Love Days, Yoru no Uta Christmas Version, Ashita e no Melody, Zutto Zutto Zutto and many others are just as good as the opening themes. There's also a lot of variety in styles, while UY mostly sticks to 80s pop. I mean, I love 80s pop better than any of the crap coming out today. But CCS also did 80s pop along with a couple dozen other styles.

For the record, I'd also say the vocal songs in Sailor Moon are better than UY. But only barely. The instrumental music in Sailor Moon is better than UY and CCS combined.

I would do a track comparison, but I got lazy about playing song-by-song of both artists making more precise comparison. But I strongly recommend you to listen of some flute covers/versions of Bossa Nova/Jobim/Joao Gilberto tracks and see how much of SoL soundtracks/CCS got influenced by it. Harmony/beat of tracks like Stone Flower, Sabiá and Wave are everywhere. Japanese people love some Bossa.

>character songs
>memorable

Also, SM songs are dramatic as hell, I agree, but they recycled the tracks endless. The violin of Neptune/Uranus, for example have at least 40 versions, with little variants in each. Not exactly what I would call a strong OST

None of the songs I named were character songs. And both Tomoyo and Sakura's 'character songs' don't even appear until movie 2 (the end of the whole series).

>The violin of Neptune/Uranus, for example have at least 40 versions, with little variants in each.
The theme you're thinking of only has one version on the Sailor Moon S OST. It gets repeated endlessly in the show because it is their transformation theme, but it still only has one version on the OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=_cLxRKmGL-Q&index=16&list=PL3CRUt-GCCPNCe48XRD1y3VzndmVOEY35

There's a second totally different song for Uranus/Neptune as well which is their appearance. Also repeated endlessly in the show, but only appears once on the OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXeK_JPSYBA&index=17&list=PL3CRUt-GCCPNCe48XRD1y3VzndmVOEY35

Aside from this, there's just Uranus and Neptune's themes, which are also totally different than the above songs. And only appear once on the OST. There is a remix of their theme in Sailor Moon Stars, but that's only one remix. Not the 40 you're exaggerating.

And they're all still great songs.