Someone presents you with the argument that an anime is all style and no substance. What do you do?

Someone presents you with the argument that an anime is all style and no substance. What do you do?

style is substance

I accept their opinion gracefully.

Guns won't stop trucks, Momo.

Respect their opinion. They're allowed to think differently than me.

Why should I bother about an opinion of someone else I don't care about?

I show them something with neither style nor substance.

I'm no sure what they mean by "substance", but i probably don't care about it. I watch anime for entertainment. Style can be an important part of that.

Depends on the title. For many, I'd agree with them. For many others, agree that it is mostly style but there is some substance there. For the handful that are actually more substance than style, disagree with them but respect that it's not their cup of tea.

*keep looking at the flor*
O-ok
*akwardly leave the room while sobbing*

Force the person to watch Kemono Friends

tell him he's wrong because it has neither

I cast pocket sand, and then beat a hasty retreat to the anime club to retrieve my Nipponese katakana, trench coat, and boombox with doom music. I'll teach them they can't mess with anime.

I'd take waterboarding over watching that filth any day.

Ask them to define both, then provide example of media that aim at the same target demographic that does both. It's important to know what is the subject and to apply it to comparable items.

This guy gets it.

Tell them they are wrong because style doesn't tell a good story. If cowboy bebop didn't have a interesting cast of characters doing interesting things no one would give a rats ass how good it looked some 20 years later.

My user.

That's a stance not an argument.

I'd ask what anime it was, since that seems the logicla first step.

I present an anime that is all style and no substance

Tell them that they're right. Flip Flappers really was all style.

Depends on the anime, if it is true I'll agree, if not I'll run them over with my car and pretend that it was an accident.

/thread