I'll admit, I teared up when I first saw this scene

I'll admit, I teared up when I first saw this scene

My favorite SS transformation.

theres an afterlife. Hes just chilling

>janitor deletes thread
>3- 4 different dbs threads.

You know it really kind of takes a lot of sting out of this shit when you know that the DBZ afterlife not only exists but it's pretty chill.

I mean Buu murdered fucking EVERYONE and next time we see they're sipping tea talking about boys

Death really doesn't mean much in DB. Especially if you have saved enough people to keep your physical form in heaven.

Yeah I teared up too with laughter

History of Trunks showed DBZ could be a fucking masterpiece if they ironically took out the Dragon Balls, the sense of dread & hopelessness it captured made it one of the finest OVA's ever made

I saw abridged first. Did I ruin it?

I agree, History of Trunks is easily the best DB special/movie/etc
I kinda wish Trunks' timeline had it's own separate series

Wrong.
Zeno erased it as well, how comforting.

I love Goh/a/n

that must have produced one hell of a tingle in trunks back

>Gohan dies
>entrusts the fate of the Earth to Trunks
>Trunks upholds his wishes and defeats the Androids and Cell
>even manages to defeat Buu
>finally, the future is at peace
>sure hope that Goku doesn't piss off some crazy-ass Kai and cause this universe to get deleted

The track that played in this scene sure is on point.

Ironic. The biggest failing of Dragon Ball (especially after it got serious) are the dragon balls.

This desu, it also helped that Gohan was a fucking bro in this instead of a bitch boy scholar

It would've been fine if they didn't get rid of the one revive only limitation.

Punished "Future" Gohan is still my favorite DBZ character.

Damn, the whole movie was comparatively darker than anything else in the series. That along with the android saga was the peak of DBZ for me.

worth it for that sweet milf bulma pucci

Daily reminder Super fucked up the Gohan and Trunks interaction.

Yeah, those Gohan and Future Trunks scenes in Super were awful

you want the sting? zeno erased the ENTIRE universe in that timeline. that means the afterlife of that universe is also gone. completely.

trunks COMPLETELY FAILED his mission

until some god with the mind of a toddler erases the entire universe including the afterlife on a whim

He just a spirit he doesn't keep his body, that was only possible through kami who is already dead

>trunks COMPLETELY FAILED his mission
>All that his time traveling accomplished was creating more timelines where everything could potentially go to shit.
>In one of the timelines has all universes erased
How many timelines turned out to be happy? A single one, or maybe two if we count the one where Mai and Trunks live with their doppelgängers now?

Both this and the Bardock special were the best Dragon Ball's ever been because they didn't have dragon balls to make everyone's death meaningless. They both end on a bitter sweet note too, it's the first story I ever saw as a kid that didn't have a happy ending.

Toriyama did set limits to the dragonballs, but despite the fact his editors forced him to revive people that died twice.