Do you think the hikikomori phenomenon in Japan will ever see some sort of parallel in the West?

Do you think the hikikomori phenomenon in Japan will ever see some sort of parallel in the West?

it already does exist, just not to the same extent
Japan is what happens when you force everyone into cities and corporate jobs

Japs are beta fags

Too much soy

You're seeing a parallel already.

yes
t. haven't left my apartment in years

Q predicted this

Yeah. It already started.

>Japan is what happens when you force everyone into cities and corporate jobs
So exactly what is happening in the Western world? NEETS and hikikomori are the 'beautiful ones' described in Calhoun's mice experiment.

>will the west ever have NEETs

thinking about what your saying, OP... faggot

NEET and hikki aren't necessarily interchangeable.

How do you get money? Food?
I wish I could do that, I get so fucking fed up and tired with normies. I wish I just get up at noon and program or play vidya all day every day without having to do anything else, never having to interact with anyone at all.

It's already happening. We'll be at Japan's level in a decade or two.

still live with parents

japanese hikkis and otaku don't have a western counterpart

NEETs aren't the same

Jesus christ, man the fuck up retards. Start going to the gym, go on roadtrips to see historical sites or nature. Live a little and get to know your own country

Try having a company like me when you can wake up at 3 pm and have your employees do all your work. Of course that entails busting your ass for 4 years beforehand to set up systems in place and some degree of luck in finding good dependable workers who can enable you a lifestyle rhat I’m enjoying at the moment. I work maybe 10 hrs/week.

It's already happening.
>be me. be landlord
>can generate more rent renting rooms to 20 something's than as a single dwelling
>20 something's couldn't afford what I'd charge for whole property
>20 something's live like cattle in "shared house"
It's sad. But what am I to do?

>Jesus christ, man the fuck up retards
i wish i had the man-balls to off myself

ja of course I'm doing it
it's not that special desu

Brainlet spotted, it's already widespread in europe because of low level of employment and high level of gibs. t.veteran NEET

what's the matter, pekka? why are you agoraphobe?

Probably. It’s not like Gen Y and Z really have much hope for a happy future, locking yourself away in your room would be the smart thing to do.

Why dude? If you are suicidal the worlds your oyster or however that saying goes, if nothing matters to you, not even your life, then you are completely free to do whatever youd like, go breivik, go nigger and steal a car, move to the other side of the world and start a new life, move innawoods and live as a hermit, anything is possible.

Whatever happens you better not off yourself without taking some filth with you.

This is already happening. There are a lot of elements at play that create this phenomena, but we can identity a few of them.
The first and foremost one, one with the strongest studied correlation, is population density. Its urbanization.
Highly populated areas have greater incidence of most every mental illness, and interestingly enough a lot of neurotic behavior decreases and becomes more manageable when patients move to more rural areas. Depression, OCD, schizoid disorders, all are higher in cities than in rural areas per capita.
We've studied rodents and saw some of the same issues manifest when their population reached a critical mass. This seems to happen in people as well across cultures. The apathy, lack of motivation, limited activity, its becoming more prevalent in the US now, but its also on the rise in Germany, Japan was merely the warning we failed to heed.

Another element could be identity and worth within society. We can't pinpoint exact causes, but the whole world was touched by post war reconstruction, and war time propaganda campaigns which continued on for years after the war. More recently in western countries there have been enormous concerted efforts to demoralize the majority population as well. These deconstructions of long held national identity, denying people pride, eroding the sense of belong in society, all of these elements are objectively harmful to mental and emotional health.

don't post this stupid meme advice. "lol if you were ACTUALLY suicidal then you could..."

it's lame and gay. pekka has some problems. we should try to help if we can to fix those.

wish i knew, feels like constant fight or flight mode
like being under surveillance, every time you hear noises or voices outside, car door banging or someone laughing they're coming for you even at night when it's dark
alcohol used to help, could even go for a walk when hammered enough but not anymore
then they say that no sunlight and physical activity kills you and gives you a heart and cardio problems but it won't, death won't come
they'll lie about that, make you buy gym memberships and pills and what ever else
they are scum

You'd think that a suicidal person would be free to do anything, but the exact opposite is the case. Thoughts of suicide freeze people and hinder their ability to do anything.
Its not like he could just go sky diving and be totally fearless. He'd never go sky diving because doing anything of the sort is such an impossibility that he'd never consider it.

Suicide is a serious thing caused by a host of issues piling up.

that kinda sounds like paranoid delusions, finnbro.

I
Don't give a shit
About mongoloids

It’s already happening sugartits

As in fpbp, not to the same extent. Most Japanese lead solitary lives. Social outings, meeting friends, visitng other places, everything is meticulously scheduled in advance. Calling someone and asking "Hey what are you doing tonight?" almost never results in meeting up later. Generally speaking all social events need about a week's advance notice.
On top of that politely declining and just not going out is acceptable. Whereas in the West friends will prod you and bother you to hang out with them, even to the point of taking it as a personal affront if you don't, Japanese just don't care as much. Most days are spent alone in one's room after work. Spending more time alone or even enjoying it isn't seen as weird like it is elsewhere.
The best parallels in the West are all around you - what do you think Sup Forums and 2chan are? Many people here use the site as a socialization outlet. Western concepts of independence keep Westerners from becoming fully hikikomori - NEET neckbeards may live in their mother's basement but she makes them leave to get groceries and go shopping at least once in a while. In Japan true hikikomori never leave and are doted on by their parents.

i thought nips couldn't politely decline? that it was shamefur dispray?

>it already does exist, just not to the same extent
this

People will get mad if you turn them down too much. I'm not sure it's "acceptable" to turn someone down. More like you just end up not talking to each other anymore.

No

and i bet there's a pill for that too right?
pill in the morning, pill in the evening, drooling at suppertime
pump you so full of stuff to make you an autistic zombie working nine to five and die before retirement to pocket all that money themselves
and if you don't die, you'll accidentally slip or fall or choke on your food
better have a life insurance in case you choke on your own tongue while you sleep accidentally die buy one today and have bread with bug flour in it, no more pests are them in your cupboards but the future protein of man of tomorrow yes eat the worms and roaches and ticks and fleas in your bread in the morning yummy and good for you 'cause of the proteins

Are you hikikomori japanon?

Mgtow, a more warlike version of herbivores (due to immigration pressure).

You're on to something...

They can, but they can't say "No". Instead they say things like "It's difficult" and "Impossible", and hem and haw until the other gets the hint.
Japanese have their own chan. I doubt 1/1000 Japan flags here are really Japanese.

wtf we have more shut-ins and anti-socials than japan, this shit already exists here. and i like how a hikikomori in japan is not obese and near death like the american equivalent, here we all are 200+lb especially the hikiks.

The third reich?

my jap friend who moved here about 6 years ago is always messaging me to do something sometimes same day but mostly for the next day.

just because something got labeled in japan within the past 20 years doesn't mean it's some new phenomenon. neckbeard loser-types have been a thing since the beginning of recorded history.

a confederacy of dunces is a book written in the 60s about this type of person.

KEK LMFAO

what do japanese people call it when 3 people click the "thumbs up" icon on their facebook posts?

the third reich

chinks say like like that not japs

but are in a lot of cases

>guy moves to another country
>lives there for 6 years
>wtf why is he integrating into my culture
There is a reason some people leave their country user

Historically we've always had people who dropped out of society, their existence isn't new, there are even some cases of apathetics starving themselves to death in bed.
Whats new is how cases of this disorder are exploding in highly developed nations with high population density.

We know that most of these NEETs are men, we know that most suicides are men. There is some relationship between these environmental factors and our physiology that hasn't been explored.

you are 10 years late to the party OP

I turned him back to is jap self because im extremely racist and into jap shit so when we talk its always about jap shit and i also turned him properly anti nig more so than originally.

made him hate most americans since they are nig and spick also.

What do they have anime bulletin boards in japan!?

yes?

How old are you? I used to be a nervous wreck almost on that level, but it went away after I completed my military service. Being forced outside my comfort zone for 9 months made me give 200x less fucks about anything.

>not being an ultra high IQ city person

Wtf a Japanese smoking lucky strike

>Start going to the gym, go on roadtrips to see historical sites or nature.

what if you already done this and it's boring as fuck. sorry sorry snowflake, but we don't have all the same desires of this boring world. the only ting that matters is somehow find stuff you can waste time on.

>man up

literally for brainlets people.

It already does man. They're called NEETs. There are a lot of them here on Sup Forums.
They don't necessarily refuse to leave their rooms like hikokomori do but they still spend their lives playing video games and shitposting while never having sex or being productive.

Japan just suffers from the same cultural illnesses we do but exacerbated by the fact that they are more conflict-averse and risk-averse.

For example, the breakdown of traditional marriage has resulted in a lot of beta Western guys being unable to find gfs/wives because they find it difficult to navigate the sexual marketplace, whereas in the past their parents and church elders would have set them up with a similarly frumpy and awkward girl to marry.
Japan has the same problem but it's even worse because socially, the perceived risk in openly approaching a girl and getting shot down is greater.

Modernity is a shit deal for everyone, but especially so for a people with the cultural characteristics of the Japanese.

i'm 28
they did not even accept me into the military service

This is actually semi-true, Japanese are famous for canceling at the last minute or just not showing up (it's called "dotakyan")

Can't tell you how many times I've made plans well in advance with Japanese people who seemed enthusiastic to hang out but at the last second bailed or just didn't answer the phone. Whereas an American would just say "nah I can't" or "nah I'm not interested".

It's just another way of avoiding conflict.

I practice that, apparently.

>Western concepts of independence keep Westerners from becoming fully hikikomori - NEET neckbeards may live in their mother's basement but she makes them leave to get groceries and go shopping at least once in a while. In Japan true hikikomori never leave and are doted on by their parents.

This right here. It's very rare to see a true hikkikomori in the West, it's the next stage of a regular NEET. Even some of you who stay inside all day, go outside occasionally to smoke a cigarette or take a breath of fresh air.

A true hikkikomori literally does not leave their room for years at a time. And it's a widespread phenomenon. Westerners will never fully become this because the culture is too different, and even the most agoraphobic NEETs are encouraged by their parents to at least get the mail or something.

>never having sex or being productive.

give me a good reason why this is bad? i don't give two shit about sex or being productive in this ant farm. One thing more brainlet, 80% of jobs people are doing is waste of time and meaningless. muh productive, machine do almost all your work, the little human just sit there and controlling it.

Go to church.

I see. Well, try slowly forcing yourself to do stuff you aren't used to doing normally. Like working a job where you have to interact with people or something like that. Your brain adapts.
There's nothing to fear, but fear itself.

It's not a uniquely Japanese phenomenon then. Most guys now ditch meetups and whatever because they just couldn't be bothered.

The only reason we have NEETs is because they are subpar humans who just can't compete with society. Be it ugly, mentally ill or horrendously lazy.

If you can recognize a mental state that is antithetical towards survival, and you can form rational thoughts, then you have to be able to conclude that accepting this dysfunctional state may be the result of that very state.
You know the way that things are isn't right, you know it wasn't like this in the past, so tacitly accepting this in itself is a sort of manifestation of illness.

The default state is to want to live, survive, accomplish things, plan for the future. If you're diverging away from this you need to examine why.

I chose this life because I am intelligent and from and educated (formerly) wealthy family, but said family failed to ever save for my education and so my prospects are limited to shitty trade jobs which I would rather just kill myself than do.

Boomers are the scum of our society and I wish a virus would come and wipe them all out.

>Just have a business
Amazing.

That jokes is so shit it's good.

are you kidding?

there already is

>antithetical towards survival

Are you just retarded? What do i need for surviving heat, food and water and nothing more.

The energy grid comes from the wind and food supply comes from the farming fields who are almost automated completely. Brainlet your surviving bullshit comes from the stone age time. We are living in the future and don't need to survive because all the important work is done by machines.

nah you people are retarded

you insist on something forcefully and they try to say no subtly but you don't get it

this is their method of getting rid of pushy people (you)

you do this to niggers asking you for money ont he metro

You're arguing that you don't need to be productive in life, that you don't feel compelled to be productive, and that isn't neurotypical.

The "I don't understand how serotonin works" post. It's obligatory. Thanks for filling the quota Kristian.

NEET is a term invented by the British.

Males who stay at home are common in Mexico and South America.

Their mom doesn't want their sons to join gangs or get murdered in public so they rather their son stay home than be a normalfag.

the default state of mind is to be in the woods in the sunlight hunting for animals and eating berries and fucking like bunnies. when you live in the middle of a city where all you do is wake up to drive to work on your shitty office job in a grey room so you can get some money for food obtained in an unnatural way, some people will obviously start having existential crisis or anxiety etc. i don't want to blame society but human brain simply hasn't evolved to live like a robot in a perfect world where staying alive takes absolutely no effort

At least you had intelligent parents.
Mine are dumbfuck poorfags that thought it would be a brilliant idea to raise 6 kids in a major metropolitan area. And of course they play favorites with everyone, so my spoiled brat of a sister was able to get a loan cosigned by my parents to go to a major expensive college. I could only afford to go to a state college for 2 years before running out of money, even with federal loans. Now my parents are pissed and wondering why the fuck I'm still living with them. I swear to fucking christ there's days where I just want to punch the ever loving fuck out of them.

>productive in life

What's the point in being productive when you have everything? Makes no sense to slave your life away to something meaningless when you could just educated yourself and be a better human. Life is not about being productive but understand this world and how we can make it better.

most of us are already like that...only, we go to our workplaces, toil for 8 hours and then come back to our lonely rooms, writing here and complaining about the decline of the West instead of taking action (I am guilty as well, I know)

Why are Scandinavians so autistic?

our society is advanced enough that a small percent of people being NEETs won't affect anything too negatively
why would you feel the need for being productive when there are hundreds of millions of people living in your country, already having jobs and working and having families
when your brains start questioning the state of your life (no need to get a family because overpopulation and everyone else already has one, no need to search for food when you can just order a pizza etc)

Modernity offers us no incentives to apply ourselves to anything. Droning away in some soulless middle management jewscape for a shabbo's allowance meant only to sustain you on goyfeed long enough for ZOG to receive a return on investment for training you since middle school for this is not an existence worth suffering for the social approval of goyim who are still blind to what is being done to them and their people.

The one and only valid criticism of NEETdom is the fact that we aren't making white babies.

>be happy warrior culture, reveling in bashing each others head in constantly
>some genius constructs a nice boat
>suddenly go abroad and bash others skulls in instead + steal their shit
>as a consequence, get missionaries sent to them
>get's Messiah'd
>no more fun allowed
>become fundamentalist Christian instead, go around and bash other peoples head in and steal their shit in the name of the Lord
>neighbours finally get fed up with the shenanigans so Swedes get roflstomped
>contrary to their nature and natural instinct, drop both their warrior ways and Christian beliefs
>fill void with autism and now also cuckery, soy and multikult

That's why Sweden is autistic anyway

There already are hikikomori in the west, I haven't left my house since 2014.

The dramatic changes in our environment and social reactions are almost assuredly the principle causes behind the epidemic, but I don't think the onus is on humans to evolve to address it.
Society needs to address that this path is fundamentally leading to dysfunction. We need to change the way we build cities, change the way we view interaction, especially regarding social media.

The first step is raising awareness of the issue, and then curbing known harmful behaviors.

You have pathways in your brain that release chemicals to make you feel good when you set a goal, work for it, and then accomplish it. Our dopamine reward systems being completely short circuited is likely another large contributing factor to this.
At some point you need to be able to recognize that a perfectly healthy person wouldn't be arguing from the mindset that you have. Its a product of this environment of modernity.

The number of NEETs will likely continue to grow, and the severity of cases will increase. It isn't just this one issue, its all mental illness in general. People are becoming progressively worse in overall well being. The statistics on how many Americans take prescription drugs is troubling to say the least.

Human rights is the problem- I've said it before and i will keep saying it. Human rights is the religion driving the decline of the west. We simply cannot keep viewing individual humans as having equal value and being equally endowed with certain "rights". It's the foundational value system that every western government accepts, and is enabling the Great Replacement. We must dismantle the U.N. which is an illegal organization, and replace Human Rights with a better religion (because it is a religion.)

Make your bed bucko

>why be productive at all
Because that means your life depends on the productivity and generosity of others.
What happens when either stops?

The responsibilities went away but not the rights, essentially.

Glorious carnage. The path to ruin. Hell.

>You have pathways in your brain that release chemicals to make you feel good when you set a goal, work for it, and then accomplish it.

I workout 2-3 times a week sometimes and play video games if i need some reward, however the need of this is completely bullshit, maybe for some people who are brainwashed into the concept to only work like a good slave they can't think any better. I don't do any drugs, smoke or anything that is unhealthy. I'm basically happy and healthy.

Unless you've lived in Japan I disregard your opinion

I know how to pick up subtle "no"s back home, here people give a full-throated "yeah I'd love too sounds great!! I can't wait!!" and then bail

I wish I could become one, but it's not possible here, especially if you don't have parents.
Fucking shitty highschool was more hopeful than this shit grinding existence of work eat shit sleep work eat shit sleep.

But user
that life is fulfilling!

People flake all the time in the US it just depends on your city. So Cal ,Miami, NYC are known for being flakes without telling you then posting them doing something else on social media, so it can actually be worst its common behavior for everyone to say they are doing a group activity after work and will bug you all week if you decline because everyone else said yes, then when you go only like 4/15 people go.

hahahahaha
ahahahahahahahaha