Berserk Time, Everybody

Just post Berserk related stuff and discuss Berserk in this thread.

Okay, guys, do I have a funny little story for you to start off this thread

>be me
>just watched the Golden Age movies (my first experience with Berserk, by now I have seen the anime and have started reading the comic)
>my uncle comes by to visit
>I want to share the movies with him because he's a rad dude and we share a lot of interests
>"Man, I'm not even into anime." (neither am I, really.)
>after convincing him to give it a chance, he sits down and we watch it
>the first scene of the movie grabs his attention immediately, seeing it's not your typical Nipponese garbage
>a couple of minutes pass and the scene where Griffith and Guts duel one another comes along
>I know what's coming
>Out of the corner of my eye, I am watching him, reading his facial expressions
>Guts bites the tip of Griffith's saber
>my uncle's eyes visibly widen and his jaw drops a little
>Guts and Griffith tumble down the hill, out of sight
>my uncle begins to edge on his seat, nearing his face closer to the screen
>mfw

And that's how I got my uncle hooked on Berserk.
Thanks, Miura.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=astwDkTHt4I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kill yourself.

I guess I'll help your thread along, OP.

>be 13
>friend is showing me AMV Hell
>scene with Griffith and Guts' water fight starts playing
>friend tells me that Berserk is a gay hentai and they fucked afterwards
>believed this for a sold 3-4 years

Anyone remember tane, noname, and hawk from the old berserk threads?

No, what autistic shit did they do?

Please don't call those names or they'll come back

Your uncle seems like a cool dude. Did you watch the eclipse with him too?. Also nice blog.

OP here
As much as I can tell you're insulting me, I don't care.
We haven't reached the eclipse yet. But I did tell him shit gets fucked.

Are you going to watch the Casca rape with your uncle, user?

OP here
Dude. Shit's fucked, but... yeah.
We're both fucking adults.

Besides, my uncle's like a bro than he is my uncle. We both dick around and do stupid shit together. I honestly think it's the healthiest relationship I have in my family. It's why I chose to share it with him out of everybody.
Now, the rest of my family would very likely be scarred for life, so I'ma keep that shit away from them. Hell, I probably wouldn't even show it to my best friends.

Also, my uncle is an animal. When I was convincing him to give the movies a try I told him: "there'll be tits."
As a matter of fact, the promise of titties was what convinced him in the first place. And he's going to get a few good shots of titties. Then he's going to get... THAT...

And as for that reaction image, all I can say is I don't know why you get your rocks off to that, but I can't control you. Have sweet dreams you beautiful, depraved degenerate.

Who are they and what the fuck did they do?

Advice is fucking useless boys, can anyone help a fellow berserk fan out?
youtube.com/watch?v=astwDkTHt4I
I can't for the life of me remember the name of the song playing in the background in trhe beginning

You should reenact the eclipse rape scene with you as casca and your uncle as griffith, faggot.

I do.

OP Here
This is why Sup Forums is my home. No mercy shown whatsoever. None of you are faggots who like to play nice. It's a beautiful kind of place.

>Kill yourself.
>not kys
kys pls

Someone help a negro out

Found it, its a forces remix

bump

>tane

I wonder how his english is these days?

from what I remember hawk said she was leaving these threads as there wasn't much to talk about whith all the breaks

>from what I remember hawk said she was leaving these threads as there wasn't much to talk about whith all the breaks
I lost interest in Berserk in general. It's just not the same anymore. I haven't even checked the last few chapters. The threads had gotten stale too. I do regularly feel a lot of nostalgia for 2014, though. I had a lot of fun on those threads despite everything bad.

>>>/blogspot/
Fuck off and kill yourself, you cancerous newfag.

Great balls of fire, the demon himself has returned.

>the comic

>last few chapters
Dick monsters.

>the comic
You need to go and stay go, filthy normie.

So nothing new, then?

more phallic and veiny and even less subtle this time

I remember hawk

OP Here
>expecting me to say "manga"

What are you, a fucking weeb?

Show pic.
Hello.

Why don't you just check the last chapter of you wanna see it you lazy shit.

I only remember you because you did something really stupid, but I can't remember what. I think you said Griffith did nothing wrong and your reasoning was so dumb everyone shitposted about it for a whole thread.

Attention whore.

But everyone says Griffith did nothing wrong.
Or did she fucking start that entire meme? If so I'm angry.

is this real?

Why the hell wouldn't it be?
Not like Miura's never had penis monsters before.

Nah, it's just that it was like "BUT HE DUN TOLD THEM HE ONLY CARES ABOUT THE DREAM AND THEY WERE READY TO DIE ANYWAY SO IT'S ACTUALLY FINE AND THEY BE COOL WITH IT". just something really stupid like that. also, it's a girl? huh.
Yes, also hiatus

Holy shit. You weren't kidding. That's like three dicks in one body. Is Schierke making golems again?
I don't feel like it.
>I think you said Griffith did nothing wrong
That meme often gets associated with me, but I actually never said he did nothing wrong. I'm just saying that he wasn't a fundamentally bad person and that he did MOSTLY good, with a few unfortunate mistakes near the end.

>and your reasoning was so dumb everyone shitposted about it for a whole thread.
My reasoning is never dumb, but it's true that people shitposted about it for hundreds of threads, not just one.
No, it predates me by a long time.

I've heard that reasoning being used in 99% of the Berserk threads I've been in here.

It's like a mantra Griffithfags repeat every day they wake up. I bet they have it framed on the wall above their Griffith body pillow.

OP Here

Ah yes, the meme argument
As for that argument, I disagree. I do believe Griffith did an intensely vicious injustice.
But when you look at the ultimate result of his actions and the effect they've had on the world, it can create some... dissonance.
Think about it, while I will never believe his actions during the eclipse were justified, I see what that fucking sociopath has done and I can't deny that he has done SOME good.

I actually never argued that the Eclipse was fine. What he did there was wrong. But on the other hand, it has to be put in context. It's not like he just decided out of nowhere that he should sacrifice everyone for himself. He had been horribly tortured for a year and permanently crippled, with no hope of ever achieving his obsessive dream. On top of that, everyone around him was considering abandoning him. And then the Eclipse happened, and the God Hand further messed with his mind with their magic and reasoning. Anybody would have cracked under those circumstances.

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Reddit really has taken over this place

Mods aren't doing their jobs, as most anons expected they would after reporting the thread. So all that's left in this thread are some faggots who find themselves surprisingly unsupervised, and unsure what to do about it.

Nobody was considering abandoning him except for Guts' raid squad. Even Guts started to think of staying.

I just want to discuss Berserk and there's no other thread to do it in.

Guts himself wanted to leave too. And Casca was considering leaving with him. And I'm sure most soldiers did as well since they couldn't count on Griffith anymore to lead them. It's not outright stated, but it's strongly implied.

Casca wasn't considering leaving, wtf. Neither was Judeau, but he was pushing Casca to leave for the sake of her mental health.

You're right about Judeau. He was loyal. Casca did imply she wanted to leave to be with Guts, but she just felt too guilty at the moment to leave Griffith behind. That's why she's crying. She wants to leave since she no longer admires Griffith since he isn't strong and pretty anymore, but at the same time she's tormented by guilt since HE took care of her when she was at her weakest.

The fact that she's crying and apologizing about not being able to leave with Guts is proof that she was considering doing it.

Eternal summer isn't a myth.

No shit, she considered doing it but wouldn't have because she cared too much.

All the important people in Griffith's life would have stayed. Judeau, Casca, Guts too likely since Casca was staying, in fact pretty much his entire army except for the raiding squad and probably another few randoms.

He should've been grateful that basically everyone who's ever cared about him is staying to help him shit in a bucket and wipe his asshole for him. But no, he had to be a fucking ingrate.

>No shit, she considered doing it
10 minutes earlier:
>Casca wasn't considering leaving, wtf
We've made some progress, at least.

>but wouldn't have because she cared too much.
She didn't really care. It was all guilt. Casca is unable to truly love someone who isn't a strong alpha male, which Griffith wasn't anymore because of his handicap.

>All the important people in Griffith's life would have stayed. Judeau, Casca, Guts too likely since Casca was staying, in fact pretty much his entire army except for the raiding squad and probably another few randoms.
Debatable. But anyway, the point was that they CONSIDERED doing it, which Griffith was aware of since he could hear everything. You have to admit that he had good reasons to be worried about his future. And then add all the other shit that happened to him, and it's easy to understand why he finally cracked. Had he been healthy, he would have never sacrificed anyone.

So what if they considered? They would have stayed anyway and that's what's important. What, was he punishing them for thoughtcrime against him or something? He clearly heard Casca saying she's not going to leave.

Frankly that's the thing that disgusts me about Griffith. Everything else was understandable, but there he was plain and simply fucking ungrateful. Not many people would be prepared to devote their lives to caring for a cripple, but Casca would have done that.

I also see absolutely zero proof that Casca didn't care and only felt guilt.

>So what if they considered? They would have stayed anyway and that's what's important. What, was he punishing them for thoughtcrime against him or something?
Griffith couldn't see into the future. It was impossible for him to actually know for sure who would leave and who would stay. When there's hints of dissent, it's the right thing to do for a leader to worry.

>Not many people would be prepared to devote their lives to caring for a cripple, but Casca would have done that.
There's actually a ton of people who do, parents of disabled kids especially. I doubt Casca would have stuck around for him forever, anyway. I admit I have no proof of that, but I don't trust her. She's very emotional and tends to think with her snatch.

>I also see absolutely zero proof that Casca didn't care and only felt guilt.
It's pretty obvious if you've read the Golden Age in depth (I read it all over 20 times) and understand basic psychology.

He kinda looks like Donovan in that pic

FUCK YOU MIURA I WANT GRIFFITH DEAD RIGHT NOW!

dumb frogposter

>It's pretty obvious if you've read the Golden Age in depth (I read it all over 20 times) and understand basic psychology.
You're clearly not going to provide any proof, so I guess I'm supposed to just defer to your clearly superior intellect and judgement?

Is it acceptable to rape him first at least? That would be an ideal way for him to go.

what griffith did was wrong, but the choice was very human, which is why people defend it. the dude was fanatic as hell, and his dream consumed his entire character, leaving him distant and friendless with the exception of guts. guts leaves, griffith gets his panties in a twist and fucks up his dream too, with no hope of repair. except one, the lil face stone he still has somehow. it activates, mostly outside of his control, and hes now faced with a very complex dilemma: kill his loyal crew and best friend/mancrush, or attain power larger than he could even imagine. to make the choice even harder he also has this sly cunt playing on his inner emotions like a fiddle. the shit he did after his transformation is hard to blame on "griffith" as he loses all his human emotions in the transformation. its a cold, freshly born god testing its emotionlessness.

>the dude was fanatic as hell, and his dream consumed his entire character, leaving him distant and friendless with the exception of guts

So, basically, it was autism?

It's impossible to provide a single proof because it has to be observed from her behavior throughout the GA. It's not spelled out for you.
This guy is spot on on everything.

Was rape horse the best rape (attempt) scene?

Farnese's tiny titties and her little boy body make my dick diamonds.

yea except he was really good at reading emotions of other people and generally being nuanced in conversation unlike mosts autists

That can be taught. I've met autists who were more eloquent and nuanced than normal people because they systematically taught themselves how to read and display emotion over the course of many years.

After all, remember that he's great at reading others' emotions but often can't understand or control his own.

>but often can't understand or control his own.
>often
It happened only once. Griffith is pretty much the opposite of autistic.

>only once
>constantly questions his means of achieving his goal and asks if others think he's a bad person
>can't express his feelings to Guts and resorts to violent conflict whenever him and Guts have a disagreement
>talks mad shit to the king just because he's angry and can't control himself
>flips the absolute fuck out when Guts leaves
>flips the absolute fuck out again when he sees Guts and Casca being affectionate

Also you know those scenes where he scratches himself until he's bleeding heavily? That's literally what autists do when they're having a meltdown. I've seen someone who was diagnosed with autism repeatedly do the exact same thing irl.

>>constantly questions his means of achieving his goal and asks if others think he's a bad person
That's just him wondering if what he's doing is moral, nothing to do with understanding feelings.

>>can't express his feelings to Guts and resorts to violent conflict whenever him and Guts have a disagreement
Guts was a deserter and didn't try to explain himself either. He refused to stay, and both knew the issue had to be settled with a duel.

>>talks mad shit to the king just because he's angry and can't control himself
I don't think so. He didn't seem particularly angry, just disappointed. Think of that time when Julius slapped him for no reason. He controlled himself perfectly there.

>>flips the absolute fuck out when Guts leaves
It's really the only time when he lost it and failed to control himself. But it's understandable since he lost his first fight AND his best friend in one go.

>Also you know those scenes where he scratches himself until he's bleeding heavily? That's literally what autists do when they're having a meltdown. I've seen someone who was diagnosed with autism repeatedly do the exact same thing irl.
Self-harm isn't a specifically autistic trait. I've done it too and I'm not autistic.

>Self-harm isn't a specifically autistic trait
True, it's just degenerate.

>>be me
Kill yourself

>be me
Nice blog, fuck off.

>be me
>hear about Berserk
>people say it's good
>watch the anime
>read the manga
>it's all bretty good
reactionimage.jpg

>blogshit
>frogshitters
>"kys"
>this garbage was allowed to exist for 7 hours
I love that newfags still complain about "sekrit klub" mentality and "elitism" when people like this are allowed to come in and shit up the place freely with their garbage.

>comic

Isn't "manga" just nipponese for "comic". Would you also smugly use the meme right arrow if someone called a katana "sword"

Yeah, but OP also called it an anime instead of a cartoon. Show some consistency.

OP Here
See
Faggot

And YOU. I made this steaming pile of shit, I might as well clean it up a little. Let me handle this retarded bullshit. Thank you, though.

And as for you. "Anime" is a word so heavily ingrained in my mind I can't bring myself to apply the word "cartoon" to Berserk.
As for the word "manga", I'm trying to avoid what the word "anime" has done to me with that.

Touché
Me?

OP Here

Yes

Farnese has just about finished her character arc and the story isn't done. This means she is either going to leave the story and show up at the very end or die along the way. Like it or not but I am positive this is what will happen.

>This thread

This thread is proof as to why Sup Forums needs both self-moderation and actual moderation. Without it, the place would become a Sup Forums-tier shithole. The mods' and janitors' inconsistent behavior has lead retards to think that they can get away with anything. Crossboarders and other undesirables have become comfortable here because the rules aren't enforced with any kind of uniformity, leading them to believe that the mods' lack of action means their behavior is okay; as such, this inaction is essentially an implicit allowance of rule-breaking behavior.

Another example of inconsistent moderation. This should never have hit archives.

OP Here

Issuing an apology for being a normie blogposting faggot and this thread in general.
I didn't read the board rules and I fucking should have.

This thread was the most cancerous fucking thing I have seen in my entire life and I'm ashamed I fucking started it.

Mods, do your fucking jobs. Please. I've made an embarrassment of myself and I have this thread to prove it.

Add this to the screen-cap. Let this be an example, then please, for the love of God, let this fucking thread die, or beg the mods to kill it.

You can't ask if people like thing?

Spotted the retard who didn't even read the thread. You're exactly the kind of person I'm talking about.