Watching subbed anime sucks. For shows with beautiful looking animation and artistry...

Watching subbed anime sucks. For shows with beautiful looking animation and artistry, I dont want to repeatedly dart my eyes back and forth to the bottom of the screen and whatever is happening. Don't you think that's a shitty way to watch? pic not really related

There was a thread a few days ago about moving the subs more to the middle. Maybe you can try that

I don't know how, but I simultaneously read the subs and keep up with the action.
I found this out while watching Occultic;9.

Nig, then you have text blocking shit you want to see. Only way I could see it working is if the somehow worked the subs into the flow of each shot. Like have text near their face when speaking.

>you are this bad and slow of an english reader
>you have to look directly at something to tell what it says
>you don't understand basic japanese

Please refrain from posting until you've seen at least 200 shows.

I can read very quickly, I'm just lazy and don't want to. I just want my eyes to freely look at whatever part of the screen they want, without having to look at the bottom every few seconds.

If that were true, you would not be having these complaints.
Most of us do not feel that we are not `free to look at whatever part of the screen we want', nor that glancing at the subtitles occasionally is a problem or hassle or in any way takes away from our viewing experience.

Well, you have three other choices
- watch with English Dub (or another language)
- watch in Japanese without understanding it
- learn Japanese
Erabe.

Or stop being stupid and get use to see both at the same time like normal people

Stop being a brainlet and learn how to read. No one else has the same problem.
Also
>tumblr

Then just watch dubs and be gay. Subs will always be superior. It's not hard to read the subtitles if you have a brain.

Never said it's hard, I just don't wanna do it.

Then don't do it? Who's forcing you and why make the thread?

I don't know I'm bored right now.

Did you have fun, user?

>Don't you think that's a shitty way to watch?
Subs have disadvantages, but not to the extent of dubs. Other than the sight impaired and small children there's no reason why dubs should even exist. Both groups should be thankful for the amount of retards watching anime.

a little

>not being able to read subs subconsciously by now
You should be able to do this no problem, even for fast dialogue, if you've watched more than say 10 hours of subtitled media.
Between that fact and your tumblr filename I think it's fair to assume that you don't belong here.

For most shows the subs are pretty much irrelevant
I watched half of k-on raw and I'm positive I didn't miss anything because the dialogue is always related to what's on screen, or some sort of comedy which is easily seen through the art.

I have always found it weird that especially in English speaking countries they have never properly learnt to watch shows with subtitles. Germany loves dubbing as well I think. I come from a country, where all foreign TV-shows on TV come subbed (except most of the kids shows), so I guess I'm just used to reading subtitles all my life and it takes no effort. Finding subbed anime as a kid was really great way to learn English as well I suppose.

>he can't read a short line of text out of the corner of his eye
The only time it really detracts is when you start thinking about it, like breathing manually.

The vast majority of conversations in anime visually consist of static talking heads though.

>watch the center of the screen almost the whole time
>occasionally glance downwards for half a second if it's a particularly long line

Sure feels good reading at 1100WPM

Please don't misuse Fukuda for shit threads.