Boku no Hero academia

Why do people like this and call it a fresh take on the shonen genre? Its literally Naruto
>Start off with everyone wanting to be hokage/top hero
>Everyone has different quirks passed down familially
>Protag is shit but is given this power by said hokage/top hero
>Chunin exams/one on ones
>Protags love interest loses to his rival but proves herself
>going to the sensei of the sensei
>evil guy licks blood to immobilize victims
>edgy friend with daddy issues comes to the rescue (Gaara, little different place in the story though)
and thats only 53 chapters. Why do people like this other than Momo being best girl ?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/bcg5s64c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because it isn't a fresh take on the genre. It just has a lot of cool characters

>Why do people call it a fresh take on the shonen genre?
Who the fuck said that?

>I think Naruto invented shonen tropes
You need to leave.

is just a shonen check list, nothing is really new or interesting

>UA visits America
What would happen?

holy shit, sage. There's already a thread up

every media outlet says that shit about aca and OPM

everyone would get shot
kirishima and tetsutetsu become the new main characters

Because it as muh heart!! :DDDD

honestly senpai, I think there just aren't any good shounens anymore. So people have to hype this up because standards have gotten lower.

I mean just look at all the garbage SoL every season. There's only so much a man can take.

Ochako discovers the wonders of the BBC and froppy joins a spic gang called Las Ranas

>Every shonen is naruto

do us a favor and leave the board

Anyway Sup Forums i'm making an experiment here :
There is way too much fujo shit, therefore, Sup Forums is full of faggots, OR, MHA threads are full of girls.
So be honest about it and let's see the result

strawpoll.com/bcg5s64c

Sup Forums has always been full of little girls you silly user

>media outlets
Ah you're just a fucking idiot, that clears that up.

Because all that's left in WSj is wan piss which is awful, so this is a breath of fresh air

it was a well done, extremely formulaic battle shonen for roughly 100 chapters

now it's just a shit formulaic battle shonen like dozens of other

the only thing left in its favor is the art and even that shows signs of deterioration as the author seems to be slowly dying resulting in occasional togashi scribbles

>only Naruto ever wanted to be Hokage
>Naruto invented hereditary superpowers
>Naruto invented succession rites
>Naruto invented the tournament arc
>Naruto invented love interests losing
>Naruto invented teacher lineage
>Naruto invented edgy powers
>Naruto invented edgy heelturn characters

Sounds like someone read a lot of Naruto.

A central point of Naruto was that the he was ostracized from everyone as a kid and his parents are dead. This never happens to Midoriya, and he at least has a caring mother.

The series is more similar to Harry Potter if you wanna compare it to anything, minus the abusive parents.

O-oh....

There's already a thread up you mongoloid, don't tink you're special enough to have your own thread

Oh boy

He took Naruto as an example. Put any other shonen, say DB or Saint Saiya, and the comparation woul still work.

>Wow! fruit is super cheap here!
>I can really order a burga with no onion?!
>Noisy
>Why are people randomly waving at me (This may just be my area)

Better pacing, and more likable characters. Naruto had alot of shit characters and character development.
>start off with everyone wanting to be hokage/top hero

I don't recall that being a thing other than Naruto shouting it constantly at the beginning of Naruto Believe it

What would Mt Lady and Kirishima's kid look like?

>HURR DURR WHY DO POEPLE SAY THESE THINGS
>Never post examples of people saying those things

Because Naruto sucks and this doesn't

It's capeshit, the people who come here to talk about it are from Sup Forumsmblr and reddit. They are obsessed with validation for their genre while also being low iq plebs. Have you seen how they praise shit like GoTG? That's also considered a fressh new take for them, the next Star Wars. They are very vocal with their praise and get uber defensive when someone gives criticism.

You shouldn't have done this in a bait thread. Try again later in a regular one.

You are a faggot.

>generalfaggotry
Fuck off.

Hard and big.

>I need a special thread to discuss things
Okay snowflake.

Then instead of baiting people with your shitty general, why don't you fuck off to a Naruto thread?

Manly men watch manly anime. What's the problem?

So nurutu was a more compelling character?

Believe it!

How was he not ostracized? Everyone laughed at him for applying to the school, and Bakugou shit on him his entire childhood.

for what its worth, I think Hero Academy is a decent shounen. And much higher on my priority list to watch each week than any of the trash Summer shows that have aired so far.

I can probably see how the fujoshit and tumblr retards get annoying, which is why I don't go to those threads.

GOTG is absolute trash though.

No, I love women. Faggot is a term for these other guys on Sup Forums watching that other garbage like Knights and Magic with the trap protagonist. No self-respecting man can really watch that and not facepalm.

>media outlets
>manga
well it is summer

>Naruto changes people for the better by beating them up
>Deku changes people for the better by letting them beat him up

Really activated my almonds

You're ok user. I only pick on the defensive faggots.

He had a choice, where nurutu didn't. If I said I wanted to be a lil girl at work, I'd get laughed at as well.

At least Naruto had various nations make attempts to weaponize the people with insane genetic powers. Meanwhile hero academia just has the various supers run around doing whatever they want.

I only jerk off to the lewdest images of todoroki

>>going to the sensei of the sensei
this one really hit my autism, Jiraiya wasn't sensei of Kakashi nor Minato, even the rasengan was developed by Minato and then Jiraiya learned it

DED TREAD

what are the nomus, what are the villians? also, not every one in BnH have usefull powers, take Deku mom, she onlu can lift small things and move them pretty slow.

>8 people voted

I like it. Its nice and comfy, with cool drawings, charismatic monologues, charming dialog and QUIRKY battles. It isn't the second coming of christ but since when do you need to be crem de la crem to bo good?

works both ways with weebshit

Actually, it seems more like a (forgive me by the pretentious word) reconstruction of the shonen formula. There are several curious subversions, such as the fact that the protagonist almost has not won any villain on his own in 150 chapters, or the fact that his rival has refused to become a villain, or that his mother is always present and a good part of the students' parents are not complete assholes, or the fact that from the beginning it is clear that the protagonist will be the great super hero of all time, or the fact that physical wounds remain rather than being fully healed, or the fact that the main villain is still immature, just like the MC, or the fact that teenagers actually behave like teenagers (unlike what happens in Bleach, Naruto and OP in which adults, children and adolescents seem to have the same age), etc, etc.

Little things, yeah, but that help the story to have this "freshness".

Plus: the past of most of the characters is fairly down-to-earth compared to other titles of the genre, and does not always involve tragedies and edgy revenges.

As someone who's a sucker for shonen, BNHA is pretty mediocre.

The character motivations and plot direction is so bland and predictable. The antagonists really suck too.

>As someone who's a sucker for shonen, BNHA is pretty mediocre.
Cool bullshit bro

let's try SS
Seiya = muh lost sista; Shiryu = muh sick elder masta, etc.
Seiya might have a relevant ancestor, haven't watched or read that part, and that's it.
check, and to make matters worse, his colleagues also get muh masta's/rival's cosmo for a combined attack in the Poseidon arc
check, complete with mirror matches on the Ikki arc
love interest = Athena; rival.. = Cassius? (just the thought of such a matchup is funny)
does Marin have a sensei?
there are several instances where characters immobilize others, don't remember if there was one fitting the example though.
>edgy friend with daddy issues comes to the rescue (Gaara, little different place in the story though)
Ikki (masta issues) and Aioria (brotha issues) come to mind, Ikki does a lot of rescuing

They're the same in the sense that every adult cartoon is a rehash of The Simpsons. Naruto ran for a little over a decade. So, of course, if you take plot elements from across it's 700 chapter run, take them out of context, and boil them down to their lowest common denominator then you have a generic Shounen plot.

Really though, if you're this jaded why even bother with the genre? You already recognize all of it's tropes and seem to be annoyed with them, so move on.

>the protagonist almost has not won any villain on his own in 150 chapters
>who is Muscular

I still agree with the post user, but Deku soloed Muscular there, even if he was encoraged by Kouta

Fuck yes

>Supermight cucks All Might and makes Midaroya his sidekick

>almost
Not to mention that he stopped using his arms because of that. But I like how the author is aware that the kids are still learning. In the end, MHA is more like GTO than Naruto. It's the relationship between student and master that drives the story.

For me this is a much better version of X-Men that goes past the status quo of the mutant persecution shit constantly.

I tried to make this analogy with YYH, it seemed to work even less. Pretty sure it was bait.

m so confused with the names. So is Shinso's name his first or last? What about Deku? So they call each other their last names out of the Japanese culture by not using first names? Or as they first name bases because they all students?

All Might is BnHA universes Superman+Captain America. Supermight wouldn't exist

Lurk more, faggot. Also try learning to read.

Where's Chisaki? Rappa?

You're either not thinking, or you're baiting. I'll bite for the sake of discussion.

One for all, a power passed down from person to person to accumulate power to protect people. Originated from two brothers, quirkless bro was gifted it by big bad and passed on from hero to hero. Ninetails is limitless power beast forcibly jammed into protags body. Makes him go bonkers when he uses it.

Oh shit, a child/young teen has a role model, call CNN. Most anyone with aspirations has one.

Tourneys are not exclusive to naruto. Common trope for a while man.

Zabumafoo was a ninja merc if I recall, maybe had soft heart for haku, but he was in it for the money. Stain is like a batshit crazy Martin Luther, who uses dead bodies to object to the current state of heroism. I think itachi would be a better comparison here.

Pain is an old man who is really strong, happens to be related to naruto. I can't recall his motivation. Shigi is like a manchild who thinks heroes are dumb and powers are cool so he should kill them and everyone should be able to use powers whenever iirc.

Asshole eugenist. I don't think I followed naruto into this arc, so maybe you're right. I only know of him not what he is about.

You can go on if you want.

Shinso is the family name.
Midoriya is the family name.

Izuku is Deku's first name. His mother's name is Inko Midoriya.

Shinsou's first name is Hitoshi. Everyone called him Shinsou because you only really call each other by your first name (Hitoshi) if you're friends or really close with someone, just by Japanese culture/standards. In Shinsou's flashback, you see that he never really made friends cause they were all scared of him and his brainwashing quirk. So even after he lost the fight with Deku, his C-1 classmates cheered for him, but still called him Shinsou cause they weren't buddy-buddy before the Sport Festival. They may have gained some of his respects, but they are very far away from calling him Hitoshi.

What the fuck do you want them to do then? And only Naruto wanted to become Hokage

Never happened in Naruto. And Deku had to actually work to get one for all

>chunin exams/ one on ones
Naruto didn't invented tournament arcs faggot

Minato was Kakashi's teacher idiot. You are confusing Minato with Giraya
And Deku went with gran Torino because All-might is a shitty teacher

>Evil guy licks blood to inmobilize victims
It's almost like you didn't even watch Naruto

>Edgy friend with daddy issues come to the rescue (Gaara, little different place in the story though)
Yeah. Thanks for clearing that you meant Gaara, it is as if it wasn't obvious.

Also:
>being anime only

Sero discovers he can just launch his tapes into the air and they'd mysteriously stick to nothing.

...meaning?

So which verison of All Might do you like better? That he's an American who moved to Japan and talks about how great it is all the time. Or that he's Japanese who says he loves America and its great but his friends always remind him he's never left the country and he's just a big West Weabo?

It's actually Spiderman beight taught by Superman in Xaviers School For Gifted Children.

Superhero comics are shonen manga with capes and tights.

>Deku changes people for the better by making them watch him beat himself up
Fix'd.

Every point you said is wrong.

Source:
Introduction to speed reading
Chapter 1 - Filling the blanks with ignorance.

Let's try Bleach:
Nein, Ichigo was having a peaceful life when all of a sudden he got caught in a Shinigami's battle with a hollow.
Kinda checked, Ichigo inherited Masaki's quincy powers but they Tite only brought them up in the last Manga's Arc.
Nein, Ichigo's powers awoken when Rukia pierced him with her zampakuto.
Checked, the whole Soul Society Arc and a lot of fights afterwards.
Nein, Ichigo never gave a truck about love and in the end Tite forced things with Orihime.
Nein, Ichigo trains with Yoruichi, then Hirako and then the 0 Squad, the 3 of them are related to different factions (Omnitsukido, Vizard/Visores, Soul Society).
Nein, Rukia paralized with her Zampakuto's ice powers, Byakuya had the Rikujokoro and I can't remember what other forms of paralysis were used throughout the plot.
None of Ichigo's friends had "daddy issues" specifically, so Nein either.

I'd say you're full of shit.

American heroes are above japanese heroes and they even have mentioned this

h- hi that one girl *backs off a bit to breath in*
*comes closer again* I have noticed you are a beautiful flower amidst a field of rough weeds. I wanted to ask you if, maybe, you'd be interested in *gasp* *heavy breathing* being my girlfriend?
*weeeee* I said it! Go me!
I have to let you know, I am a supreme gentleman and you will be in good hands with me *rubs sweaty hands on fedora*
hehe, this will be a marvelous encounter!

It's cute and fun. Deku is a good protag who doesn't do anything fucking annoying. Most of the characters are endearing. All Might is cool. Let it go nigga

>All Might is BnHA universes Superman+Captain America. Supermight wouldn't exist

So clearly America's top hero would be like Ultraman+Kamen Rider

The mangaka literally said his favorite manga was Naruto.

I think that tells you all you need to know about this series.

>Never happened in Naruto

better than one piece

This actually makes wonder, if everyone suddenly got a quirk in the world it would quickly devole into WW3, since many countries would have some people that would be considered overpowered and use them to take over other countries, especially when terrorist factions like ISIS come to play. Not to mention that countries that have problems with their minorities would also suffer from civil wars.

Come to think of it, this actually sounds a pretty interesting idea for a manga.

weebs don't give a shit about validation, retard. They want to keep people out of their hobby.

>If you don't like my capeshit manga, it's BS

Why are bokunocapeshitters so reasonable?

Sage is not a downvote you fucking redditor.
And this is not a general you fucking retard.

Anyone know when this guy first appeared? Because he appeared again in recent chapters and he was seen wondering through the city asking for directions.

iirc, noumu don't seem to talk do they? so he probably isn't one.

Go watch Shinsekai Yori, it's pretty much that

>Protag starts out as shit and wants to be ______

there i just explained the last 20 years of the shonen genre for you youre welcome

If everyone suddenly got quirks then yeah.
Good thing that thats not how it happens in BnHA.

Not him but I kinda understand it. A lot of people (my friends in my case) hyped the shit of bnha, saying it is the best shonen and bla, bla, bla, but after reading it, the fact that this mango in particular is basically a copy of Naruto but with a capeshit skin made me feel like I wasted my time (because I hated Naruto, fuck that shit).

>Not him but I kinda understand it
Nah, basically all you're saying is that the only shounen you've read was Naruto even after many anons have already defeated the Naruto comparison arguments

I'm not sure but I guess the manga noted that quirks caused mass trouble on a global scale to the point it greatly halted technological advancements. So far we know that US and Japan societies adapted, but we don't know anything about the rest of the world.