How is this supposed to be the good ending?

How is this supposed to be the good ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17979150
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait a few weeks, watch it again

Did you miss everything that was being said?
Rewatch it

Somewhat open ending that answers a lot of questions (in subtle ways)
Also great role reversal of Asuka/Shinji

Anno-sama blatantly spells it out for you. Watch it again.

I thought the endings to the anime and End were one and the same

because it actually got made

>4.0 never

If link you to Sudostef's analytical explaination of the end of the End of Evangelion. But he privated all his videos and tried to kill himself.

It's not like he really explained anything at all. It was just some pseudo-intellectual garbage.

It isn't.

Not really he said exactly why he chokes her. It was to confirm that he could Infact hurt her and that they weren't one ball of consciousness because she could feel pain I forget why Asuka strokes his face.

I always assumed it was the good ending because whatever gendo/seele had planned was going to be infinitely worse.

This is the dumbest shit I've read all day
He choked her because he just went through some of the most traumatic shit ever depicted in fiction. He had seen her die and be eaten less than 10 minutes prior, his friend just turned into a massive vagina-faced monster and deliberately scared him, and as far as he knew all of humanity just got turned into Campbell's chicken noodle soup.
All of a sudden, him and asuka are back, amidst a sea of soup. He was probably still shocked, terrified, and enraged all at once about the hell he was just put through seemingly out of nowhere. I'd choke someone in that state too, as would any human being attempting to figure out what the fuck had just happened.

>All of a sudden, him and asuka are back
He's been alone on the beech hallucinating for at least a few weeks (can tell from the moon or stars or some shit) and Asuka presumably just showed up.

I remember there being a grave for MIsato visible in that scene, so he'd obviously been there for some amount of time before she showed up.

Its the good ending because Shinji finally accepted himself for who he was ala the TV ending, rejected instrumentality because he wanted to remain as himself, and gave everyone else the opportunity to leave if they wanted. He choked Asuka to confirm she was real and not the Asuka he choked when he was tripping balls

>deliberately scared him
It's grotesque because of the nature of it and Rei's not very aware of that. She deliberately shared what she had and tried to make him very, very comfortable.

Basically what I was trying to say.

>Sudostef
did any one find out if he's still alive or was his suicide successful?

So how exactly are they supposed to survive?

i bet all that lcl is packed with nutrients

At that point, it would basically be cannibalism

Fallout style scavenging until more of the planet recovers. If it does.

best advice ever

Because rebuild then they do it all over again. Except the whale Angel because lcl is toxic to Angels lol

He chokes her because he is acting out the first murder shown in the series. He and Asuka are the new adam and eve until they are joined by the others who will crawl out of the lcl sea eventually.

It does remind of the kitchen scene, which is directly juxtaposed with Naoko's murder of Rei as well as every other strangulation over the series. Is there a reason for Shinji to be doing that or are you calling him a motivationless vehicle for empty symbolism?

God, the direction in the End of Evangelion is absolutely fantastic. One of, if not the most well directed animated films of all time. Every shot, every cut, every motion is so brilliant. The imagery is striking and haunting while also visually conveying the film's themes through experimental yet understandable conventions.

It's all very explainable. Shinji tries to strangle Asuka because he's testing if she's a hallucination or not. His mind version of Asuka would say stupid Shinji, but the real version surprises him be stroking his face. Shinji breaks down and cries knowing he's not alone anymore and Asuka is disgusted by that/the fact he fapped over her

If you specified the first half I could believe this was unironic.

The second half is some quality filmmaking friendo. Anno's a talented director.

Tbqh Evangelion was never good

More interestingly, after referencing similar acts over the show, the beach choke is unlike them for having no apparent anger in it.

>Hey Jude starts playing
BRAVO ANNO

Komm Susser Tod is better though

it's too 70s for my liking, the production is so schmaltzy and smooth, Hey Jude is anchored in earthy acoustics
or something

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17979150

its actually pretty disturbing

It's not. It's what's happening in reality whereas the last two episodes were happening inside Shinji's brain.

Apparently he left a code (he was a programmer) with a one way download. Someone out there solved it and knows why he did it or maybe it's just a bunch of shit posts we'll never know.

But apparently he's alive but with no online contact info or presence online.

They are.
At that point they were so done where it came to remaining budget that they used literal storyboard for the NEP.
They were aware that there was no chance to complete the final episodes to any sort of standard with the money they had left, so they focused on the metaphysical aspect with minimal animation.

Later, when Evangelion ended up being a sleeper smash hit, they got the permission to completely remake episodes 22-24 for the DVD release, footage of which was 1st used for the second theatrical compilation movie(with the first 2o mins of EoE to get people in the seats) and got the permission to expand on the original outline of 25-26 and give it a theatrical treatment.

When you read about it, Eva was a gigantic mess from the production standpoint.

>All of a sudden, him and asuka are back
He was back for a long ass time already.
Nigger erected what appears to be gravestones for his friends and "family", the one belonging to Misato has her cross nailed to it - and it's fucking rusted, by the time the ending rolls around.

He was probably, which would be a great irony - long snapped due to being deprived of human contact, when that bitch touched him, he went "holy fuck! another human being!" and broke down.

It just a "Dream"

Devilman ripoff

It is your typical "Marche Syndrome" ending. It happens when an author realizes that they can't have an ending where you change the status quo of humanity. You can't have something like this in real life, therefore they can't show it happening in their anime either. It would not be as "deep" of an ending and have a moral lesson.

Good as in "happy"?
The message is rather optimistic.
The world is fucked. Asuka and shinji relationship is on a all-time low, rei and kaworu are physically dead (although they seem not to care much about it), but there was character development. Shinji will, hopefully, learn to stop running away and will accept people onto his life.

They are currently rock bottom, but the only way left is upwards now. Time for healing and recovery.

I disagree. I think it is much more mixed than that.

Anno had no idea he was going to actually do EoE, so he created a whole new ending, with lots of reused concepts and themes, but ultimately different and even conflicting with each other.

But people seen to like the "same ending viewed from different angles", so me arguing is pointless.

they'll just pee them out later

>I forget why Asuka strokes his face.
Probably as a way to signify "hey idiot I'm alive stop fucking choking me or I'm gonna die for real"

no that's Berserk

Two weeks minimum between the new moon visible during Third Impact and the full moon seen from the beach, if production paid that much attention to detail and it isn't just to look cool. Shinji's pessimistically inclined, maybe he gave everyone up for dead after waiting a week. Dragging those planks to the shore and sticking them in the ground could be done over an afternoon if he were determined, more likely it was done over days, an old nail could dribble a rust stain like that after a few more days. But if you really wanted to be cynical, how many years would it take for sand to collect on the edge of a crater formed during 3rd Impact?

Plus he made all those grave markers

If you want to be really cynical, remember that scene of flashing gibberish on the screen just after 3rd impact is over.
That is shinji being lost and trying to process all the thoughts of every single person in the world.
He took 30 days inside unit 01 to get a hold of himself and get out.
How many centuries or millenia it would have taken for him to achieve his realisations on instrumentality? How long it would take for someone else to do the same and leave after him?

>All those people saying Shinji was alone for some time

I never noticed that. My interpretation of the ending is that it's good because humanity retains it's free will. Shinji overcomes his social anxiety, deciding that the world and the people in it can be nice and worth giving a shot. By reforming, people seem to think the same. Shinji tries to choke Asuka because he has grown balls and is furious at her treatment of him. Asuka has also changed as a character and responds to Shinji's pain by showing compassion. Shinji then cries because he is moved by the gesture and Asuka's overall change.

Unrelated, but does this board ever discuss Digimon?

>does this board ever discuss Digimon?
It's more of an /m/ thing, i believe.

you didn't argue, you just presented a hypothesis without any backup

>ever discuss Digimon?
Adventure and Tamers get threads once in a blue moon but other than that, no.