Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni

He could of had anything. Why a phone?

Does the smartphone have powers? Does it work without satellites and cell towers? What is the point of a smartphone without a connection? What does it allow him to do?

>someone is shitposting in Sup Forums from a fantasy world RIGHT NOW

season 2 when

Yes, it works even better in that world, he can access any information from Earth while maps and navigation works for his new world.

>He could HAVE had anything.

So he just makes modern things using japapedia?

Yeah, I know.

I just watched this. Will it get any better or should I drop it now? Seems pretty generic.

Ep 2 soon so stick around and have fun with us

It's a fun kind of generic

settings aside the smartphone for a minute. -> having access at your fingertips the collective knowledge of mankind (our universe) in the form of google would be a fucking overpowered ability in another world assuming the physics, and fauna are pretty close to identical.
Furthermore the fact the god gives him apps that are up to date with local information is also overpowered as fuck.

I think there are several problems people have with this fucking idiot's though process though. Without foreknowledge of what type of world he was going to a smartphone is a fucking stupid answer to "what do you want" in the other world. if it wasn't for "god" taking pity on the fucking idiot, his smartphone would have been worthless over there. So his one "item/power" konosuba like choice only worked because he met that whitebeard and not aqua. As we all know aqua never would have given him any way to charge it, or even allowed it to work without cell towers. Because that's the type of bitch she is (which proves why konosuba is much better then this shit). The other thing that pisses people off about this shit is that the god didn't just give him access to google but he also upgraded the dude's body -> a la the matrix -> so he's now a martial arts genius plus made him the most powerful wizard in existence. He didn't just get google, he got a full upgrade to demi-god prior to going to this world.

This is wish fulfillment cancer worse than most isekai and i'm stunned a studio is even animating it.

You must not know about WN and LN isekai, it's common to have God give you cheats. KonoSuba is just a parody and weird that it was animated first before actual isekai.

Best girl

Holy shit what was her name?

the problem is you're basing this off konosuba, this is ISEKAI which means it was done with completely opposite thought process to konosuba.

Well he invented ice cream in the first episode

mini-glasses san

I want to punch someone's face whenever they wear such retarded glasses.

It's a reading glasses fool.

Why would he want anything else? Pretty much everything is in google, accessing it through magical signals by god seemed a decent deal. MC pretty much just went with the flow on this one.

Doesn't seem to matter he also has god giving him everything he needs to be super powered in the world. I'm sure if he asked for nothing he would still get everything as there are no stakes. The smartphone is magical it has magic internet access across realities. Software packages have been re-written magically to work with a new world. The entire world's map has been magically updated into Google's service and self corrects constantly. His cellphone plan in the real world is magically impossible to cancel and never drops. His has magical one way access to the world with protocols that require two way data exchange. The phone is magic charging enabled. Then he is also given super strength and every magic affinity which is supposed to be impossible. Oh and the god is giving him a direct line to god and calls to check up on him every so often.

The smartphone is literally useless you might as well just say god is on his side the generic isekai show.

>getting this
>not getting word master

Keep up the good work Japan!

>wanting something with "donkan" permavirging tag.
Nec yourself.

get on my lvl faggot

AOTS

No, this fucking shots are awful.

>get on my lvl
>dense protagonist
>some angry looking cunt on front page
Sore m8, i flew past your level decades ago.

I almost feel sorry for you, maybe one day you'll get it.

>magical one way access to the world
>with protocols that require two way data exchange.
Well spotted, I didn't notice this. Maybe the whole internet is copied constantly onto a magical server in the magic world. And for GPS there could be magical satellites.
>Then he is also given super strength and every magic affinity which is supposed to be impossible.
I wonder if he is only talented so far but not skilled or also already skilled in every kind of magic.

I've read some of the LNs, and the funny thing is that the smartphone is barely even relevant since MC is so generally OP in every way. I almost wonder if this was an attempt at a genre deconstruction and the author just didn't have the skill to pull it off.

Konosuba isn't even really a parody of isekai, more of just a classic fantasy comedy that uses an isekai setting and happens to have a lot of jokes that riff on tropes. It's not really fair to compare it to modern isekai since its real inspirations are classic anime like Slayers and Lodoss and old-school RPGs.

>I wonder if he is only talented so far but not skilled or also already skilled in every kind of magic.
In the translated parts of the ln/wn, his elemental magic is pretty mediocre but it's because he doesn't train much. He mostly uses null spells which are bullshit by design.
His bullshit strength and magic affinity are because god made a mistake when reviving him and his body is closer to god than human.

Does it dial his alternate universe love interest?
Does it help him find a way?

>the collective knowledge of mankind
What about academic paywalls?

>Without foreknowledge of what type of world he was going to
In the LN, God told him that he was going to a medieval fantasy world, and he asked for his smartphone because he thought it might at least provide him a slightly better quality of life than Medieval Europe could. Taking that out of the anime saved time, but also means that it makes less sense that he wants to take his phone with him.

>and i'm stunned a studio is even animating it.
What if I told you that the source is currently the bestselling series of HJ Novels

>foreknowledge
Get the fuck out Diesfag

>He could of had anything. Why a phone?
Have you seen people nowadays? They care more about their phones than their babies.

>What if I told you that the source is currently the bestselling series of HJ Novels
If I were that user, I'd respond saying that I often forget about the jap's collective shit taste.