Kaiji thread

Where were you when the entire Salvation game was just a setup to win this single hand of one poker?

All FKMT discussion welcome in this thread.

Just being new overall and waiting for complete translations of Gin to Kin to marathon it

I only know a little about Gin to Kin, what's the main gamble or is it various gambles?

I wonder when chang and mario are going to betray kaiji

just finished the animu
are the translations any good ?

Yes

They are excellent and ongoing. We are like 100 to 150 chapters behind but now that Akagi is ending the translators are stepping into high gear and translating at least 2 chapters a week it seems. Just pick up from part 3, the anime perfectly adapted the manga to the point the translators didn't even bother with most of parts 1 and 2. Hell the anime is so well done the ED for part 2 where Kaiji is on a date with Mikoko is literally from the beginning of part 3.

How many chapters until Akagi really ends?

danke anons

>We are like 100 to 150 chapters behind
It's closer to 200 at this point

They dont, he wins

Don't forget to read/watch other FKMT works, they all click together despite having no real link

aside from Akagi, any other notable works of his I should check out ?

Strongest Man Kurosawa is one of the best, easy to pick up from chapter 1 and not too long. It's about a 50 year old man trying to get his life together. Very depressing but also soothing, so I strongly recommend it.

Gambling Emperor Zero part 1 is a bit like Kaiji with a lot of crazy gambling games. The mood is lighter than Kaiji though. Part 2 is like a detective story where the characters try to solve a riddle, pretty interesting too.

For Kaiji/Akagi, Kaiji part 3 is about (simplified) Mahjong. It's not bad if you don't understand Mahjong since there are a lot of explanations both in story and translation notes. However, you could also start by watching Akagi and trying to pick up Mahjong rules, it's as you like.
Whether you watch Akagi before Kaiji part 3 or not, you can read the manga Akagi to finish the story (anime ends on a cliffhanger at chapter 110~).
Finally, read Ten, which is considered by some to be Fukumoto's magnum opus. Featuring more Mahjong, old Akagi and crushing depression.

looks like it's just some renting business sharks

they say it's feb '18

thanks for the spoonfeeding user

Kurosawa is amazing and to me it's by and large his best work. The sequel series should be ignored and ruins the ending.

Kaiji part 3 you need next to no understanding of mahjong, honestly you can read any of his mahjong stuff without knowing how to play and still enjoy it. 17 steps is one of my favourite Kaiji gambles and actually taught me a fair bit about mahjong.

Akagi should be watched first, then read Ten (I just finished it and the all night vigil is definitely some of FKMT's most touching writing), then finish reading Washizu Mahjong. I feel it gives you the best insight into who Akagi is as a person and really lets you appreciate how far he's come by Ten. It made that smile all the more moving when you know who he was as a youth and what he's been through.

I followed your advice on Kurosawa last thread you made. It was incredible.
If only I could be as admirable as that ant.

Good, now pretend the sequel doesn't exist because it shouldn't.

You should check out Ten, the ending chapters are as touching as Kurosawa.

I don't even understand how the sequel could ignore last chapter . That makes no sense.

goddammit, power of friendship ;_;

I wasn't expecting that out of the whole cast, it would be Ten that was the most desperate to not let him go. When he tried to get him to join his family you could really see how Ten was at the end of his rope, but you can also see why Ten is held in such high regard as a gambler since he's the only one who struck to the one thing that could make him think twice about dying.

Ten is an amazing example of how you can have a main character take a backseat and still be astoundingly developed and still the crux of the story.

Gotta read Ten.
;_;

Have you been spoiled on the ending? It made even the villains cry.

Yeah but I don't think it changes anything.

REI

It doesn't but that means I can link you stuff like this

That's the page I was spoiled and I know Akagi willingly dies or something like that

Anyone have some recommendations for gambling Manga that aren't FKMT or super mainstream?
I think I've read most of the really popular stuff already

Leave it at that and read Ten, it will be more crushing when you find out why he's decided to euthanize himself

Be warned the first 10 chapters are very mediocre and it shows that they are FKMT's earliest work.

I'm already sad. FKMT hits me deep.

So what did you think of the last two chapters guys? I loved how Kaiji put Kazuya in his place. He has practically won the dispute and Kazuya just doesn't want to admit it. I like how those two are the polar opposites. Kazuya has been a great villain.
You are a terrible person ;_;

True men read FKMT to feel the depths of their emotions and cry

>So what did you think of the last two chapters guys? I loved how Kaiji put Kazuya in his place. He has practically won the dispute and Kazuya just doesn't want to admit it. I like how those two are the polar opposites. Kazuya has been a great villain.
The arc is great but I think the last hand dragged a bit long, although it makes sense since this is a big turning point. I think Kaiji has an extraordinary grasp of the game right now while Kazuya is breaking mentally. Kazuya is great because of his naivete and his inexperience as a gambler. This whole arc is interesting because for the first time since Human Derby, Kaiji is by and large the most experienced gambler and has the edge on insight and tactics.

>You are a terrible person
The point of being a FKMT fan is to ball your fists, bow your heads, and choke back your tears together.

Alice in Borderland maybe? Don't see it mentioned that often

FKMT are always full of interesting insights.

>The arc is great but I think the last hand dragged a bit long
Definitely. Following anything FKMT is suffering. Whenever I reread/ rewatch something, I don't even mind,because of all the tension and excitement it doesn't feel like it's
dragging too long, but waiting every week for updates is the worst.
>The point of being a FKMT fan is to ball your fists, bow your heads, and choke back your tears together.
>not bawling your eyes out

Because it's terrible. I've stumbled on it because my dormmate colelcts every fucking manga with a NEET useless MC. It wasn't utter shit like the usual pedobait discussed on Sup Forums, but compared to FKMT it's embarassingly bad.

time to poke /lit/ probably, although even without reading any I could see the problem with manhandling woman question in the most of these gambling novels

What do you think will happen or what do you want to happen after Kaiji saves Kazuya?

>not bawling your eyes out
No, we all stand around trying to resist crying until the emotions overflow and either we fall down on our hands and knees crying or start hugging and crying. Basically we are always building up to the final scene of the Bog when Kaiji is reunited with the 45ers. That scene is one of the few scenes in anime that can make me cry.

Forgot my image

MIRAI WA BOKURA NO TE NO NAKAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Some of the gambles in that were pretty fun, but the climax being nonexistent and so much of the manga being relegated to shoving down the author's "Life doesn't need a meaning to be worth living" bullshit ad infinitum killed it. The whole coma reveal was pretty gay too, honestly it felt like it got canceled halfway through and he just quickly wanted to finish it.

Part 3 :^)

The first OP playing is what really made that scene beautiful

Hey there are still 4 other 45ers that aren't traitorous pieces of shit.

the seyuu is so nice he continues to voice this ongoing manga in my head.

>The first OP playing is what really made that scene beautiful
It connected beautifully with the lyrics and Kaiji's evolution. I mean he still has his problems in part 3 and all but at that point he grew a lot and managed to get out of this death trap.

>mfw ICHIJOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Great seiyuu.

Now that you reminded me.

With gambles

Gambling makes everything better until you lose

What has been the most painful Kaiji arc to follow on a chapter basis?

>balls
>mahjong
>three guys
>one poker

The bog.
The constant failure they all experience, and then when they finally win Kaiji loses it all due to interest rate and his obligation to let all the others out of underground hell.