Katri Girl of the Meadows

Has anyone else here watched this anime?
youtube.com/watch?v=stH5uPORe6M

I stumbled upon it yesterday and have been watching it with enthusiasm ever since.
It is comfy as fuck. Basic gist is slice of life of a Finnish girl living in the early 20th century countryside Finland which was still under the rule of the Russian empire.

You can find subs for all the episodes here:
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1629594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F5zg_af9b8c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Masterpiece_Theater
youtube.com/watch?v=02aPl659AZw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Katri is 2perfect4me but I didn't really care as long as the rest of the cast was prominent. That OP is amazing.

Katri is super qt indeed.
I also like how the show uses the Finlandia hymn on occasion.
youtube.com/watch?v=F5zg_af9b8c

As a Finn I am amazed how accurate and authentic this show feels. It is rare to see foreign media that depicts Finland even remotely accurately, let alone Finland that existed 100 years ago. Everything from the buildings to the social strata depicted in this show is accurate to early 1900 Finland. This show warms my nationalistic heart. I wish that our national TV would start airing it.

Never heard of it until now but it sounds nice, I'll check it out.

Do that. It is super comfy.
It reminds me of Ghibli films for some reason.

Miyazaki and Takahata worked on the Heidi show a few years prior to this one.

Well that explains a lot.

Haven't watched this specific WMT show but generally they are almost all at least good and there are quite a few.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Masterpiece_Theater

Not just Heidi, Anne of Green Gables and Marco too.

I cannot understand why this has never aired in our nation.
>mfw this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=02aPl659AZw
I need to get our national broadcasting studio to air this. This show is exactly the sort of reminder of our identity that we desperately need in this day and age.

I'll have to check out the rest of these shows as well in time, though I doubt that I'll be as fond of any of them as I am of this one.

>Finnish identity t. Japan
The novel is set in late 1800s so no independence stuff and it was last printed in the 40s or something.

I'm surprised it hasn't, since a lot of WMT shows did air in the countries they were set in.

Why are so many WMT about girls in countrysides

City girl shows are superior.

The show is set in the early 1900ies.
And it depicts a very accurate picture of the way of life of my people in the countryside during that time. I have never seen foreign media depict us as accurately before.

Yeah, it boggles my mind. I can't understand how in the fuck this show was not shown here.

Yeah I know, I just find it funny that Japan added that stuff and has alone been keeping the memory of the book alive.

Yeah.
In any case, I am seriously considering sending a letter to YLE (our national tv studio) and ask them if they could air this show to honor our 100 years of independence.

What is with Japan's obsession with Finland?

We are kindred souls.

MENTIONED

M E N T I O N E D

>Heidi Girl of the Alps
>Katri Girl of the Meadows
>
What's the next step for anime?

>Ada Girl of the Glaciers

Megumi "Girl" of the Redlight District

Finland and Japan were also on the same side of WW2.

This simply raises more questions.

>small win big
Anybody wants to tell him?

Retaining your independence and not becoming a soviet shithole can be considered a win.

Indeed. Though if it was not for the allied scum supporting the Soviets economically, we could have claimed our rightful clay.

Because Finnish girls are usually the best. Expect for Lotte, she belongs in a bin.

Yes, the "not Russia" side

The episode in LWA where they went to Finland to visit Lotte's family was disappointing.
Yetis don't belong in Finland.