Is the new age movement a ruse?

Is the new age movement a ruse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjmFm8PIz8M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought it was a combination of pontificating and larping.

I think it's just optimistic play, like children building a fort.

It's the result of misunderstood placebo effect elicited by con artists that talk about these meme spiritual things as if they are undisputed facts.

It's proof that religion is a human instinct and never really dies. And yes, it's total bullshit that SWPLs adopt to fill the spiritual holes in their lives.

Yes. Eastern philosophy (especially the ego-destroying aspects) is incredibly useful to destroy self-identity and Western culture. Without selfish desires, humans are more easily led to carry out the wishes of their rulers.

The ego death appears to me to be poisoning the well to prevent people from reaching the actual goal.

The rest is metaphor. The true goal is to take conscious control of subconscious function, thus circumventing the evolutionary rulebook and being able to "think outside of the box" as it were.

but that's not what eartern philosophy is about lol, but certainly is what this faggots think it is.
yes.

It has its own zealots
Don’t you dare try to argue with online yogis about meditation or they may flip their hair

You may be right about what it Really is, but what matters here is what fagots Think it is.

It's essentially spiritual narcissism

They don't know what they're talking about, and i could prove them wrong.
Trust me, i know what it is.

Exoticism allows vapid urbanites to brush a veneer of esoteric philosophy over their hollow materialism. Cosmopolitans love transcendental meditation, because for them, thought is synonymous with anxiety.

Yes. It tells you to clear your mind so you can essentially be programmed by anything.

>rust me, i know what it is
Please tell us more.

Dude I believe you know what it is.

I'm saying: what shapes people's behavior is what THEY THINK it is.

It was a genuine religion sweeping through the west coast in the 80's and 90's. It was intentionally shut down because people were actually gaining an understanding of who rules them.

It's a dumbing down of genuinely profound metaphysical teachings for the masses, but that doesn't invalidate the teachings themselves. When anything sufficiently complicated or subtle becomes widespread it inevitably becomes dumbed down.

Forget the new-age BS and just read Adi Shankara's works tbqh.

Also, if you like Evola but shit on eastern philosophy you are completely retarded.

The ones who tell you to clear your mind are scam artists.

In an economy and culture that alienates people so thoroughly from their own selves and those around them, of course a "religion" (or belief/value system, whatever) based in finding ones true self and connecting to the world at large would develop. We're in a time where being centered and knowing what you are and what you feel seems like a lofty and etherial concept to the average person.

It's fucking depressing, boys.

Just look up any of these books.
Absolutely, none of this gurus know anything they're talking about, much less the girls that are just there because the dude is hot

It's just a bunch of hedonists wasting time.

:O

Snake oil spirituality

Give me a quick rundown on 777 revised

it's a ruse and it opens you up more to satans torment

not a duplicate

As far as I can tell most new-age hippies genuinely believe the bullshit, but there's always (((someone))) making a killing off of shit like this

It’s just a gimmick for Indians to get white pussy

Yes. It is full of womanly emotional shit and is disguised Satanism.

youtube.com/watch?v=wjmFm8PIz8M