Yuri on Ice

Medwest con Mappa comments on romance. Still waiting for confirmation

>fan: did mappa set out to focus on the romance between yuuri and viktor?

studio mappa: yamamoto-kantoku wanted to focus on the coach-student relationship and develop theirs into smth romantic. that you are here filling this room and asking this question shows yamamoto-kantoku has done what she set out to do and its very satisfying as a studio to see that.

smorgasbordofobsessions.tumblr.com/post/162721195416/amp

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/wish
mobile.twitter.com/wisheveningstar
twitter.com/pKjd/status/887371077483061249
mobile.twitter.com/niniblack_/status/887398251049177088
mobile.twitter.com/plisweaty/status/887402210409275392
papercorvids.tumblr.com/post/162720444402/according-to-mappas-panel-at-anime-midwest-yuri
twitter.com/mobilegirllmim/status/887423073087049728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ALSO man how to explain the lead in to this there's a bit where others are trying to calm down evil Yuuri & his responses get weirder & weirder.Like, "ILL TAKE YOUR X AND DO Y AND DESTROY THE WORLD" and each time getting weirder and longer but ending w/ AND DESTROY THE WORLD. And Viktor's like "what about Makkachin?" And he's like "ILL MAKKACHIN YOUR MAKKACHIN WITH A MAKKACHIN AND MAKKACHIN AND DESTROY THE WORLD"

This persons twitter has most detailed account of Yuri on Fes
mobile.twitter.com/wish evening star

mobile.twitter.com/wisheveningstar

twitter.com/pKjd/status/887371077483061249

Hosoya is cast in an anime this Fall. Come back pretty much confirmed.

No one cares.

If this is true it will take a bit of fun out of the fandom. I'll miss mocking hetfag no homo

I do. You're more than welcome to go to another thread.

It was coming when Sugita talked about him and did a brief update on his radio show.

>that you are here filling this room and asking this question shows yamamoto-kantoku has done what she set out to do and its very satisfying as a studio to see that.

Hopefully they understand fans and continue with the rabu then.

Great so any drama over recasting can end.

Thank you! Don't stop now, Yamamoto-Kantoku! Deliver more!

Seems it being confirmed.

mobile.twitter.com/niniblack_/status/887398251049177088

mobile.twitter.com/plisweaty/status/887402210409275392

confirmed

this is legit one of the only good sport animes

This happened more than 10 days ago, and only now is spreading?
Shit, wake up /yoi/

TOP KEK

Who will setup the butsudan for tora and karic fans.

I don't even see them as a couple, I just see it as Viktor using himself to push Yuuri to his limits because Yuuri probably is gay and he probably thinks Viktor is too so he's trying his best in Ice Skating to impress him so they fall deeper in love.

Basically it's all one sided delusional feelings from Yuuri.

Nice headcanon.

It's ok. I understand. Get that one last no homo urge out. It's good for healing

>Yeah he said that at the panel. Basically confirmed that it was always meant to be a romance.
>Always meant to be a romance

Lelouch I love and hate man, but Jesus Christ.

I don't even care if it's gay or not, I really enjoyed the show but I don't know why this has to be a big deal to people because they weren't even the best things about YOI.

Well it's just how I see it so yeah.

How will t*ra and k*rice no homo Otsuka.

>tfw t*ra wasn't present at the panel
>tfw she will never get to hear what they said in Japanese and twist it

Yeah it was completely overshadowed by the buzz for Japan Expo. I hope this means we get more details about the panel.

People were distracted by the Yuri on Fes stuff.

Tripfags are confirmed cancer.

>studio mappa: yamamoto-kantoku wanted to focus on the coach-student relationship and develop buddies

people got too caught up in yoifes, but at least it's now spreading

still salty that we had to find out from dumblr, of all places.

>Implying this will stop hetfags
Not even baldfat fucking on screen can stop them.

Based Otsuka.

Not gonna destroy them loyal shippers hearts now are they.

Good

Lulu pls

Oh Ledouche, you never change

Look out for the detailed charts and "Otsuka is just a producer, what he says doesn't matter" posts from them soon.

It's not stopping this retard.

Who is the "studio mappa" who a answered the question?

Same way she did soulmates. Don't you fools know about platonic romance! I always act like a love struck fool around my bro. No Homo!

you'd have to a moron to deny them being outright faggots for each other

Yeah but she can be a smartass when translates from japanese, at least now she could just say "muh I won't believe it until I don't see it a video or a official report" but no one would give a fuck of her comment

I remember how tora and karice tripped over themselves and called those who translated an early interview with Otsuka saying Baldfat had romantic implications as biased shipper translations. Then went and no homo translated it....hmmmm

It's weird how similar those two are.

That girl is talking about another "tea" and I wonder what other 'secrets' they revealed... what the fuck? Do we know more than nips themselves? Kek

Bets on tora and karice leaving the fandom now that her no homo cred is gone

Weirdly they still have fans supporting them in notes.

Now for the real questions that truly matter. If you could go back in time and have any Yuri!!! On Ice meal from an event cafe, which would you choose?

>Koi to Uso had more homo than the entirety of YOI

How will YOI ever recover?

Sucks this news is a week old and is only just now spreading.

The katsudon of course. If I'm gonna die from high cholesterol levels, it better be from a yoi event.

who?

Aren't they a chick or something?

I'm surprised by this. Who convinced him to go?

Well SayoKubo was at Japan Expo at the exact same date, so it flew under the radar.

It's not a challenge. I'm happy with my homo skaters.
Now go.

Probably his own idea because he craves the attention.

The money probably.

Money and Piglust

I hope someone asks him about Chris or JJ just because I want to see his triggered face kek

>completely forgotten about because SayoKubo at Japan Expo
>meanwhile Otsuka being based as usual

It feels like not many know about him outside of /Yoi/

>hates Chris

Johnny Weir shit taste confirmed.

I'm just glad he's now proven Our Guy. He doesn't care as long as he keeps his people alive with fujobucks.

Johnny Weir hates Chris because he reminds him of certain people he met during his competitive figure skating days.

Still terrible taste.

I think most people go for answers from KuboSayo because they created it but he still worked on it.

Yeah, what's weird is that no one tweeted about the panel much at all. Sure, a couple of twitter users who attended are now confirming that the tumblr post is true, but why didn't they themselves tweet about it in the first place? I guess Japan Expo hype really drowned out everything else.

Translators involved probably made things hard.

>According to MAPPA’s panel at Anime Midwest, Yuri and Viktor aren’t wearing their rings in the preview because they were playing with Play-Doh and didn’t want to get their rings dirty.

What did they mean by this?

What preview?

What.

Is this a euphemism?

Source?

No need to post shit from some rando who's just making things up, user.

What

papercorvids.tumblr.com/post/162720444402/according-to-mappas-panel-at-anime-midwest-yuri

No idea

Otsuka is so ballsy. There's dozens of confirmations in different forms about the romance but his are always straightforward and to the point.

I wonder if Piggy's ring would get stuck on his finger when he gains weight in the off season.

Preview of what

Apparently people were told to not disclose information about what was said in the panel

Viktor will help him get it off and it will be lewd. I'm fine with it.

What preview

It will involve lots of butter and finger sucking.

You have to get pretty fat before you start gaining weight in your hands. Piggy's just chubby.

Really? Well, that's out the window now.

Water retention from all that katsudon would do it though.

Kek apparently someone did record it

twitter.com/mobilegirllmim/status/887423073087049728

How can Tora no homo this now. ;_;

The translator's hot

Based.

>twitter.com/mobilegirllmim/status/887423073087049728

It went full lgbt right in front of him. T and K are going to commit sudoku.

What do I do with this information if I don't know what PREVIEW he is talking about?

Apparently Otsuka requested people not to record anything related to the production process, and since its a smaller con, people actually listened.

I sent them an ask about it

Who's the gay guy?

>12 days until the OST release
I forgot how life was when I wasn't constantly waiting for something YoI-related in the post.

Well that's pretty homo

I'm upset Crunchyroll is fucking last minute about their guests. They did this for Anime Expo, announcing SayoKubo's attendance less than a week before it started. I hope people go and ask him questions though.

>listened
Just for a week kek

Now let's see if the Spanish autists will behave and won't spam Kubo on twitter and instagram

Thank you user! I hope she replies fast