Christianity General

No matter your denomination, come and discuss Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ - who died for our sins.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=fB5iuuq-i7I
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=FS_AjMPqy04
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=v1FoLCZYNaA
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=PizBVqcAn0o
youtu.be/V8xZTVKx0Dc
youtu.be/dPqSelVJvoA
vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/documents/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_01081998_off-answer-catholic_en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what a pathetic religion

I'm a Churchless Christian
Also checked

this coming from trudeau country

El was one of the semitic deities. Jews referred to God as Elohim, that is plural from El, and that form would mean for other Semites the offspring of El, just like anunaki to anu. The world "baal" meant "lord" in Aramaic, and some biblical names contained this part for example Jezebel "Jahve is lord", or Ishbaal "the man of lord". So baal was valid title for God. Yet in the later books those who worshiped "baal" were infidels. How the Word of God can be so inconsistent, and so ambiguous about the monotheism?

Pagans on this board will only be tolerated if they aspire to be like Olaf the second of Norway

bump

What a pathetic country. Wait, sorry. I mean "postnational" state.

HAHAHAHAHHA A LEAF!!

I am as well, going to church and having somebody dictate your relationship with god to you is very god, prayer and worship should be a personal matter between you and the lord.

very cucked*

That's a very liberal, 20th century view of Christianity. I don't think the Bible supports it at all.

How is Trudeau's message of liberal humanist globalism without regard to race or borders any different than the vatican's message?

Didn't the protestants support this since the beginning?

That is a very selfish and heretical view of the way one must act

No, the Anabaptists did, though. Calvin and Luther were very clear about their view of the church, and even had a high view of it. In the theology of Luther and Calvin if you didn't go to church, and you didn't receive the sacraments, you weren't a Christian.

Praise Jesus

Not to mention it makes no sense to automatically discount the books of the New Testament. The New Testament is just a collection of the earliest writings about Jesus -- some were historical narrative (i.e. the Gospels or the Book of Acts), some were epistles, some were Apocalyptic literature (Revelation), etc. And all of those books were gathered and compiled hundreds of years later as "The New Testament."
There is no reason for atheists to automatically discount them all as historically unreliable.

Why is Jesus almost ALWAYS portrayed with long hair even though we know with 100% certainty that Jesus had short hair?

I haven't been to mass in years. I honestly should go tomorrow but I haven't been to this particular parish before. Definitely gonna feel weird.

Reminder that the New Testament is the best attested book in all of history. We have, IIRC, around 24,000 manuscripts from early Church times (40-60 years after the Resurrection) which back up what we have today :)

user I went to Mass today for the first time in a year. It was amazing. The Psalm for this week is about God forgiving us for confessing our sins. There is no more perfect time to go than now.
If you don't go tomorrow, you will put it off saying you have never been, it will be weird. Just go and sit in the back until you feel comfortable there. God bless you.

Shroud of Turin says otherwise

A beard to put numales to shame.

The Shroud is honestly amazing.
Not to mention the Veil of Veronica matches it, including blood type.
Further, any Eucharistic Miracles (such as Lanciano) also contain the same bloodtype. Simply amazing.

Bump

God bless.

Can't come soon enough

I prayed a Divine Mercy Chaplet that you may see the good in going to Mass tomorrow :)

Praise the LORD for he is good.

That's how we know it's fake I suppose.

Ephesians 6:10-20
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

I honestly hope that someone will clear this up.

What's to be cleared up? We have to remember in the progressive revelation. God has revealed more and more about himself as the plan of redemption has unfolded.
Initially, the Israelites were not monotheists. They were honotheists. They believed that their God was the creator God, and the greatest of all gods.

e.g.
"Exodus 15:11 “Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?"

Later, however, as God revealed more of himself, the prophets began to preach pure monotheism.

Isaiah 45:5 "I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God"

From what I have read, "El" and "Elohim" were kind of used as generic titles of divinity. A similar case would be "Tyr" in the Germanic tradition. There is a specific deity called "Tyr", yet at the same time the word Tyr was often used as a generic name for deity. For example, one of Odin's names was "Hrafntyr" which literally just means "Raven god."

I think the initially polytheistic near-eastern societies had a similar arrangement of titles, words, and deities. Jew, even to this day, use a number of different titles and names when referring to YHWH. That does not mean they are worshiping multiple gods.

Why the fuck it so hard not to fap

Also, as far as baal meaning Lord and being a valid title for God -- that's true, but it really doesn't mean anything significant.
There is lots of overlap in imagery in the Bible. What something symbolizes always depends on the meaning behind the symbol.

For example, Satan is a prowling lion in scripture. Jesus is the lion of Judah.

Satan is the "bright morning star," and Jesus also calls himself the bright morning star. That just means a star that excels and outshines all others.

You are addicted to pictures you think are attractive, and you are addicted to the sensation of ejaculating. You think these things will bring you happiness, although in reality it isn't possible.

>I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai--'God Almighty'--but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them.

prove_human_females_are_a_weak_spectrum

Not true happiness, yeah I know

Is it just the basal part of myself then? That wants it so badly? I myself, my higher conscious, I don't want it. But the tension is still there.

How can I effectively control the more basal part of myself? Is it just a matter of pure willpower and resistance or what?

You live in a fleshly body. Look at Paul... he literally says that he can't stop himself from sinning, but the mind and heart knows it's wrong.

Can you spare a loaf of bread?

Well I don't believe in "higher" and "lower" "selfs." There is just consciousness, which is the awareness of sensual phenomena, at it's core. Orgasm is a feeling that lasts for a few seconds, and then it's gone. After a while you want it again, you crave it in fact. It's an endless cycle that goes on for years- lifetimes even.

The more you lean on and keep Christ in your mind, the more the holier spirit will indwell and make it so you think about that stuff less and less.

I used to think it was about willpower and personal effort on my own, trying to do good in God's eyes and failing all the more because I was placing myself and my actions outside of God's presence and will. It was only when I gave up trying to be good on my own and trying to be perfect for god, and started just trusting that God would help me and direct my thoughts and actions despite how much I failed, and forgive me as long as I kept his sovreignity in mind, that I really felt those thoughts and actions fade away.

It's an amazing thing, and I know it sounds cheesy and is such a cliché, but your belief in God's truth is what leads to better behavior, not the other way around.

I think it's because the more you know you're forgiven for your sins and failures, the more real love develops and that's what makes you more Christlike.

Also, one more true cliché: expect your temptations to intensify the more you trust in God. Just know that he forgives, and he will start walking straighter for you.

Praise god.

Having other distractions helps.

Also, Paul goes into a lot of philosophical talk about struggle between the flesh and the spirit. I suggest you try to search his thoughts for some food for thought

I've made it a habit of always picking up the Bible as I go to bed, and read some chapters (which makes you very sleepy after a while).

Exactly, reading helps, and if you feel temptation, drop the book for a second, either take a good cold shower or do some lifting. It really helped me. As long as you're busy doing other stuff that gratifies you, you'll be fine.

user say a Rosary when you feel the urge. This has helped me immensely over the past week.

Yup, it's interesting because the body will constantly attempt to sin and do wickedly, but often times the heart knows it's evil, but you just can't help yourself. So when you get saved, there's the "new man" that is incapable of sinning, but since you're living in your fleshly body, you will constantly sin anyway.

Thanks lads. I have improved a lot, going from once a day to once a week, and honestly that fact alone has helped a lot in my confidence too continue to not give in.

Despondency really is the worst of sins I guess.

>In your country, Venerable Brethren, voices are swelling into a chorus urging people to leave the Church, and among the leaders there is more than one whose official position is intended to create the impression that this infidelity to Christ the King constitutes a signal and meritorious act of loyalty to the modern State. Secret and open measures of intimidation, the threat of economic and civic disabilities, bear on the loyalty of certain classes of Catholic functionaries, a pressure which violates every human right and dignity. Our wholehearted paternal sympathy goes out to those who must pay so dearly for their loyalty to Christ and the Church; but directly the highest interests are at stake, with the alternative of spiritual loss, there is but one alternative left, that of heroism. If the oppressor offers one the Judas bargain of apostasy he can only, at the cost of every worldly sacrifice, answer with Our Lord: "Begone, Satan! For it is written: The Lord thy God shalt thou adore, and Him only shalt thou serve" (Matt. iv. 10). And turning to the Church, he shall say: "Thou, my mother since my infancy, the solace of my life and advocate at my death, may my tongue cleave to my palate if, yielding to worldly promises or threats, I betray the vows of my baptism." As to those who imagine that they can reconcile exterior infidelity to one and the same Church, let them hear Our Lord's warning: - "He that shall deny me before men shall be denied before the angels of God" (Luke xii. 9).
Guess the country

LATIN/GREGORIAN CHANTS

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=fB5iuuq-i7I
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=FS_AjMPqy04
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=v1FoLCZYNaA
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc - 1.5x speed is recomended by user.A Byzantine Chant

That's the spirit! Always have hope for the next day user.

that's very christian thinking

have a great day friend :-]

Checked

c*Tholics aren't Christian

For christ's sakes, this is horrific. Gooks as the virgin mary and the lord. Very distasteful.
youtube.com/watch?v=PizBVqcAn0o

The Bible says otherwise

14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Jew worship shouldn't be allowed on Sup Forums.

Checked bro.
For all you concerned that the day of the rope may never come, know that I have done the research and our own uncorrupted holy book predicts it. All degenerates will be disposed of. Eventually Sup Forums will come to this conclusion on their own, but until then I will keep trying to wake brothers up. DEUS VULT!

Day of the rake when?

hurr durr le anderson fundamentalist meme xD

Verses proving salvation to anyone that believes and not of works.
youtu.be/V8xZTVKx0Dc

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
12:37
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:50
8:12
18:10-14/40-42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-28/30
4:2-14/16/24
5:1/15-18
6:23
8:24
9:30-33
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17
3:14-15
15:1-2

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
1:10
2:12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

1 Peter
1:3-5/8-9
2:6
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:11/26
3:5/20-21
21:7/27

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

>in b4 Father's will is do works
John 6
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

>in b4 James 2
youtu.be/dPqSelVJvoA

Literally no Christian group, Protestant or Catholic or Orthodox believes in salvation by works. I'm not even Catholic, but I'm tired of all the straw man caricatures. No one teaches salvation by works. especially the catholics.

They teach you need works and faith, not just faith alone.

Checkem brother
But most of all, Gloria in Excelsis Deo.

Anderson isn’t a fundamentalist. Protestant fundamentalism involved less science denial and more Anglos killing things. Catholic fundamentalism involved killing muzzies and more Catholic imperialism in general.

This.
Jesus is more likely to have existed proof-wise than Ceasar or Augustus from the same era.

MUH THERE’S NO PROOF OF GOD

buh buh uh that stuff doesn't count

of course, that's why they are christianity and whatever you preach is heresy

The problem, though, is that Protestants misunderstand what they mean by that, and they never give them a fair hearing. Go read the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification. Look at what the Catholics actually say. They are NOT teaching that works contribute to salvation at all.

Works are the byproduct of faith. Works are the signs of an healthy soul.

Amen. Further, if we had only the amount of documents we have for Ceasar or Augustus, the fact they are dated so close to the event makes them even more valuable.

Gary Habermas writes: "If we start with the cross approximately 30 AD and call that ground zero, 1 Corinthians 15 checks in at about 55 AD whatever the writer, conservative or not conservative, we have 25 years. In ancient historiography this is incredible in a time when the best known biography of Alexander the Great is that of Plutarch almost 400 years after Plutarch. When we learn about the early Caesars from Tacitus to Suetonius a 'good gap' is 100 years; 25 is incredible [for Jesus]."

of course, that's why they are heretics* and whatever you preach is the truth*

Praise Yeshuvah, King of the Jews !

begone child of satan, it's time for you to get a cancer

all these quotes are misquotes that's why you bundle them together to appear right instead of discussing them one by one. satan will be proud.

You know I have to agree that there are times when Protestants genuinely agree with Catholics but the style of language is so different. I found out funny that Protestants are more likely to agree with Church Fathers that were Greek speakers or schooled in Rhetoric on Justification, but they don't like the Latin fathers, even though teh Greek and Latin Fathers agree with each other. So yes there are these circumstances, unfortunately too many protestants have emphasized the faith and not the works leading to what many have called and rightly so, "easy beleivism" where you just say some words and "just believe" and normies genuinely think it is good enough, but it is not, good works are required

Just for fun reading, go to Leviticus 15 and read about how the man became unclean until the evening if he masturbated. It's actually mentioned a few times in the books of Moses.

reminder

John 1:12
12 But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave ***power to BECOME children of God***

Jesus Christ is not Lord. Jesus Christ never existed. Jesus Christ is a myth. Grow up children. I taught Christianity and now I teach the truth.

Again, you're attacking a straw man. The Catholic Church does NOT teach that you earn salvation through works.

Sheesh. You fellow Protestants are so dogmatically pathetic in attack figments of your own imagination.

Literally, this is the OFFICIAL CATHOLIC position, clarifying what it means by works:

>As stated in n. 17 of the Joint Declaration, Lutherans and Catholics share the common conviction that the new life comes from divine mercy and not from any merit of ours. It must, however, be remembered - as stated in 2 Cor 5:17 - that this divine mercy brings about a new creation and so makes man capable of responding to God's gift , of cooperating with grace.

vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/documents/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_01081998_off-answer-catholic_en.html

For clarification: the works are a part of an act of repentance of the HEART which is changing your ways and aligning your heart with Christ