I just saw Your Name. What a great film. I rarely get this moved when I watch anime as I did with this film...

I just saw Your Name. What a great film. I rarely get this moved when I watch anime as I did with this film. The time travel bit was a bit confusing at times though

Thoughts?

The Silent Voice of our generation.

Yes. It's popular with plebians like you. Which is why it mainstream enough to be released in cinema, because it would sell to the same market as Michael Bay Transformers.

Enjoy your normalfag romance film.

I bet you hate Miyazaki films as well.

Porco Rosso and The Wind Rises were relatively acceptable. The rest are trash. Miyazaki agrees.

You're quite the contrarian :^)

It's a great film, and a really creative love story.
Never seen two people fall in love be being the other person. Nice animation, nice music, nice twist.

Was it really a love story though? They cared for each other, yes, but being in love? I dunno.

They get together in the end.

That is open for interpretation. They barely have a vague recollection of each other. Nothing insinuates that they get romantically involved at the end.

Kind of drags on, this film.

>film
it's a movie

>average weeaboo education

>implying
At best, it's a flick.

I think he's memeing. Anyway it's a flick at best, it's hardly film let alone kino.

>mrw Taki didn't recognize her on the bus

please
fuck
off

are you retarded?

>plebians
>normalfag

Wow you're so cool onii-chan. I want to marry you when I grow up.

It really is open for interpretation though.
It's could be about how no love story is actually special or unique. That's why they forgot everything about each other and have to start all over again. The relationship they thought so unique became ordinary and will most likely lead to all the troubles and problems that come with every love story.
But you could also say that the message was actually about how every romantic relationship has something special, even if the two lovers doesn't see or remember it anymore.

I lean towards the second, though I don't think the themes are for romantic relationships specifically. I think they can relate to other types of relationships, or even "relations" that two individual people may not know about, like shared fandom, etc..

>It's could be about how no love story is actually special or unique
Only if you're a moron. They weren't starting over again, they knew each other in their hearts even if they forgot surface details like each others names
>The big climactic scene of the movie is the guy writing his name on a piece of paper for her, but at the last minute he changes his mind and writes I love you instead, because it doesnt matter if they forget each others names.
And then there's all the red string of fate stuff

I thought them running to each other no matter what because a hint was giveaway that they were going to hook up