There are people on this board who don't like mecha

>There are people on this board who don't like mecha
Explain yourselves. How can you be an anime fan if you don't like THE anime genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Od08u4stsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

see pic related here

most /m/ media is utter dogshit
only true fans of the mecha genre can admit this

It's okay to discuss mecha anime here, though?

Anime is defined by NGE.
NGE doesn't have actual mecha.

When Avalokiteśvara Bodhisattva was practicing the profound Prajñāpāramitā, he illuminated the Five Skandhas and saw that they were all empty, and crossed over all suffering and affliction.

“Śāriputra, form is not different from emptiness, and emptiness is not different from form. Form itself is emptiness, and emptiness itself is form. Sensation, conception, synthesis, and discrimination are also such as this. Śāriputra, all dharmas are empty: they are neither created nor destroyed, neither defiled nor pure, and they neither increase nor diminish. This is because in emptiness there is no form, sensation, conception, synthesis, or discrimination. There are no eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body, or thoughts. There are no forms, sounds, scents, tastes, sensations, or dharmas. There is no field of vision and there is no realm of thoughts. There is no ignorance nor elimination of ignorance, even up to and including no old age and death, nor elimination of old age and death. There is no suffering, its accumulation, its elimination, or a path. There is no understanding and no attaining.

“Because there is no attainment, bodhisattvas rely on Prajñāpāramitā, and their minds have no obstructions. Since there are no obstructions, they have no fears. Because they are detached from backwards dream-thinking, their final result is Nirvāṇa. Because all buddhas of the past, present, and future rely on Prajñāpāramitā, they attain Anuttarā Samyaksaṃbodhi. Therefore, know that Prajñāpāramitā is a great spiritual mantra, a great brilliant mantra, an unsurpassed mantra, and an unequalled mantra. The Prajñāpāramitā Mantra is spoken because it can truly remove all afflictions. The mantra is spoken thusly:

gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā

What about Jet Alone?

because newfags

this liking mecha and liking the shitty anime that they exist in are two different things

I think S.L.A.I./Phantom Crash is pretty cool. The game itself is like what E-Sports would end up in about fifty years or so

But I do.
The only people who don't like it are newfags or normalfags who only watch popular shonen.

Was just a filler episode

He's still a mecha thoooough.

brainlet

i watched gundam and zoids a long ass time ago but it doesnt really appeal to me

Yes it does.

>autistically referring to jet alone when the series is about biological weapons
Anyway you are both retards jet alone was a robot.

>There are people on this board that don't think that Monoeyes are superior and sexy.

What does it matter? The Eva series are mecha in all but fine details.

Must be Tankfags.

Because its the plot twist of the series.

I like both.

>organic humanoid giants
>fine detail
That is what they are they are just covered in armour.

All mecha are robots but not all robots are mecha.
Tanks are also mecha but are too prideful to admit it.

"Mechas are the natural evolution of tanks."
-Charles Darwin, 2065

The fuck are you talking about? I love mecha

I don't watch mecha for the same reasons I don't watch nascar, I'm not impressed the capabilities of some person in a vehicle.

this board is dumb

Yes, but the difference is that one is about hicks driving in circles, and the other is about soldiers in a super fighting robot

i watch mecha for the same reasons i watch nascar, the wrecks.

the fact that they aren't actually mecha when you look underneath is a visual metaphor for how NGE turned out not to be the typical mecha anime, or something like that. I actually know fuck all about what it represents but I know its smart

nascar racers are actually pretty impressive, the problem is the stupid oval tracks they're confined to

>he doesn't like mecha because it's "unrealistic" and "not practical"

Having angsty / unstable / immature untrained teenagers wielding superpowers so dangerous that amount to be walking nukes is "A-ok", "realistic" and "practical" but humanoid machines aren't.
I don't get it.

The last good realistic /mecha/ was G-Gundam . Or Heavy Object.

>designs made by a 9yo
>realistic

>When Gainax's executives were unsure about putting Evangelion into Super Robot Wars, Hideaki Anno forced them to give to Banpresto the rights to the series.
Anno says it's mecha, don't bother him about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Od08u4stsk

The only reason you worship G Gundam is because you watched it when you were children.

You realise its important for the viewer to believe that as well as the characters. If it was taken out of the mecha genre itd essentially spoil it.

If SBY is allowed then NGE is fair game.

I haven't seen many modern mecha or even sci-fi shows that I like. Kind of seems like the last good era for mecha was the 90s, with a few super robot exceptions from the 00s.
Most modern sci-fi is dull cg with holograms and bloom lighting and squeaky clean futures. Stuff from the 80s was much more appealing with the darker more run down sci-fi. With all the retrofaggottry we have now, I'm surprised nobody has made something that captures that classic moody atmosphere.

That has nothing to do with Anno wanting his robot anime to participate in a robot crossover game.

Sounds like you missed Transformers: space monks

because it keeps up the illusion
>implying any of this means shit its a cameo

SBY has battleships. Gundam has battleships. Macross has battleships. SBY is mecha.

The early works were a bit too "super robot" for my taste

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam might be the epitome of anime.

lol, No you can't you idort

i've only seen 2 mecha anime in my life, bokurano and and evangelion. evangelion is in my top ten anime and bokurano is not only my number one, but also was the first anime that i read the manga for. i've been plannign on starting gundam but it's so fucking huge i dont know where to start

>i dont know where to start
Char's Counterattack

More like Kamile Bidan is the epitome of autism

>Not 08th MS team

zoz