Hallucinogens and Serial Experiments Lain

Have you ever had a really bad trip on a high dose of Mushrooms or LSD? I've got a theory, I think that Serial Experiments Lain was inspired by a bad trip on psychedelic drugs.

Fear, confusion, ego-loss, loss of contact with reality, abstract thoughts, deep thoughts about family, suicidal thoughts, paranoia, hallucinations, isolation and etc. Lain also looks high as fuck most of the time. Those weird power pole sounds, the echoes sounds is exactly the same sounds you hear when you're on psychedelic drugs.

I can't think of an anime, movie or even books to describe a bad and deep "trip" on psychedelic drugs better than Lain.

youtube.com/watch?v=oP8MVKTn3Nw

youtube.com/watch?v=r92vMn_lSUM

youtube.com/watch?v=D9Crm8zbgfg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6QseKGAVYk
youtube.com/watch?v=XhGzHr6QMAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lain was inspired by 3 guys that wanted to make a girly light anime with a deeper meaning. Do you even research.

DUDE WEED LMAO

I'm sure very few people on this board have had that experience. But you're damn right, It's really similar.

>weed

Weed is child's play compared to Magic Mushrooms.

LMAO DRUGS BRO

I took LSD twice but didn't have a bad trip.
Are they really so bad?

ONII-CHAN ZASSOU WWWW

I took a bunch of 2C-I and watched GitS: Solid State Society and got to the point that I thought my cyberbrain was being hacked.

I was somewhat disappointed when I remembered there's no such thing a s a cyberbrain.

Having actually gone through a bad trip myself (with 1 tab of LSD combined with a gravity bong filled with weed), it's certainly a very dreadful experience, a feeling of powerlessness overcomes you, a fear of potential danger and not being able to do anything about it, the fear of things actually happening/not happening, it's a sub-real experience definitely. The only thing that it was not is visual, much, except for the colors. Colors pulse and go through a rainbow in an instant, and nothing feels like it retains it's natural color. Looking at trees might be green, red, blue yellow, anything. If Lain got anything wrong, it definitely was the lack of color but the rest of it is pretty accurate.

Do you cowards even smoke DMT?

Did recently, while watching Gurren Lagann. Holy shit is it next level excitement. It truly made me cry and scream and jump up into the ceiling and it's amazing. Highly reccomended.

>Are they really so bad?

I wouldn't say "bad", I'd say deep. It's extremely deep. I know I look like a "dude weeed lmao" saying this, but if you're a lonely person like me and decide to take a high dose alone, you'll probably have a scary experience. I wanted to kill myself to get out of the trip, but I had no control over my mind and body. I cried like a baby, I was so fucking scared, alone and emotional, the world was so different. If you think I'm making this up, do your own research.

I'm not a "normie", I'm just a really curious person, I took them out of curiosity.

Last October I had a super bad trip that sent me into a state of paranoia.
Definitely scary but also an amazing experience.
I was convinced everyone around me was an actor and they were conspiring to kill me/ convince me to kill myself.
I was trying to rationalize what was happening so much that the only explanation was I was in literal hell.
I can't really speak to your theory, I am hesitant to watch Lain for fear of some kind of flashback.

Nice blog where can I read more.

almost watched lain on acid but my sister convinced me to watch nichijou instead
was probably the right call, I got really teary over how beautiful friendship was instead of having an existential crisis

Honestly I'm wondering how most of the people in this thread even tried drugs. Like how did you find them without having to meet the worst types of normalfag people (IE stoners, drug dealers, etc) and why would you go through if you knew you had to deal with those types of people. Might be the wrong place to ask but I'm genuinely curious, considering all the times I've tried drugs it was with shady people I would never like to meet or talk to again.

I like this channel. This guy is very experienced. Watch his videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=K6QseKGAVYk

youtube.com/watch?v=XhGzHr6QMAE

>I am hesitant to watch Lain for fear of some kind of flashback

Please, watch it. It's a great anime.

Darknet. You're not a real robot if you don't know how to use the internet.

I once thought the time would run backwards when i was on the bathroom. It fucking scared me for a moment.

so what you're all saying is that i should do lsd and watch anime? because i've been wanting to do acid for awhile now.

>that feeling of eternity

The worst thing about a bad trip on psychedelics is that the time freezes, time is basically meaningless, everything around you slow down, so you think you'll be lost forever and the only way out is suicide.

Get a VPN. Find a site and a seller with good reviews. Pay in BitCoin. Have it shipped to a neighbor's house you know won't be home and pick it up.
That last part might be over kill but I do it just in case.
LSD is easy to ship and undetectable.

Be careful. LSD is unpredictable. You can have the worst or the best experience of your life. Words are actually meaningless when we're talking about these substances. Because a bad experience is really, really bad and a good experience is really good.

is there anything that can trigger a bad experience? in reality i'll be with close friends at their house.

>in reality i'll be with close friends at their house.

As long as you're with people you trust, you'll be fine.

>is there anything that can trigger a bad experience?

If you're feeling depressed or going thought a difficult time in life, you can have a bad trip. Your brain on psychedelics is similar to the brain of a baby exploring the world. You'll need somebody to calm you down. I know it sounds ridiculous, but a simple "everything's gonna be okay, you're not crazy" can make a HUGE difference.

Statistically speaking, it was probably something like a rotisserie chicken.

Don't be a fucker. What exactly is so bad about "that kind of person?" Hypothetically, they would be supplying something you wanted in any event. It's like getting upset because the cashier at the store is some banal middle aged woman who calls you "honey", and it's beneath you or something to interact with such a person.

Again, don't be a fucker. You want what they have to offer, put up with them and their differences from you as a person.

But there are legal consequences in some places of course, don't be a moron, this is hypothetical, unless it really is legal or mostly legal where you are going to buy drugs, etc. Then go nuts!

Or not.

You are a grown ass adult. You are responsible for yourself.

And not being an ass, but also responsible for yourself. Jesus.

>What exactly is so bad about "that kind of person?" Hypothetically, they would be supplying something you wanted in any event. It's like getting upset because the cashier at the store is some banal middle aged woman who calls you "honey", and it's beneath you or something to interact with such a person.

It's like a shady, twitchy, scummy thief trying to sell me genuine products from his trenchcoat

also, nice reddit spacing and topic shift

Bimph