What the fuck was this kid thinking?

What the fuck was this kid thinking?

>get invited to join cute girl's club and actually have friends
>"nah I'll just stay friendless and play shitty mobage"
>turns down the offer not just once but twice

What advanced form of autism could possibly lead to such a decision?

He's a filthy casual.

His motives are too COMPLEX for you?

>implying you wouldn't do the exact same

>liking one's hobbies is a bad thing now
Kill yourself, OP.

I thought it was a good decision. He just wanted to play casual games to enjoy himself, and this girl was trying to get him into competitive play.

because he's not your typical shujinko

He told them straight up they don't play his kind of games and he'd rather play at his own pace. Literally nothing wrong with this

He seemed completely oblivious to the fact that she was interested in him despite his gaming tastes and probably would have been fine with his casual habits if it meant getting to spend time with him.

>being forced to do something you don’t like every single day just to get closer to a girl
Sounds just like wageslaving desu.

It's called good taste.

I like gaming for fun too but I wouldn't turn down an easy opportunity to have friends. It's really hard to make friends who aren't obnoxious morons.

I'd like to think he just likes the other girl more, but I'm probably wrong.

Girls don't make good friends.

Retard

>join a club where you are completely outted for doing something different.
it's like you're going to join a college anime club were everyone else is reddit tier. literally no point.

I'm sure he likes her more but I doubt he knows she's a girl.

user you seem like the faggot that once he likes a girl he starts liking everything she likes and doing everything she does. Why join a club just to get one girl who might not even like you (the mc doesn't know ). If you want a girl just get the girl. Confess. Go on dates. But don't act as if you have everything in common

is that hinata from danganronpa?

A pretty girl (the most in the school) being interested in you for seemingly no reason is a massive fucking warning sign.

Sure if there's some leeway like you saved her life from a Japanese truck then it works, but if she just comes up to you and wants to be with you, it's danger.

Maybe I should pick up "Gamers!", the girl sounds cute. MC can go die in a corner.

this user knows what's up

MC was actually doing the right thing for once.

Mainly because my entire (limited) interaction with females in school consisted of either disdain or them pretending to be interested and then laughing at me if I believed them.

nah, absurdly socially awkward spaghetti-kun actually done good for once
The only question is whether or not he's gonna stick to his guns

If spoilerfags are to be believed, games are just a passing thing in the source material.

mine was also full of disdain, but in the opposite direction

Let's not turn this into a blog thread.

why not? it's not like Sup Forums has any good discussion anyways

Literally me. Didn't know Japan had made a show based off my highschool life. And current too.

the MC sounds smart, the girl can fuck off and suck some chad's dick

You can always leave if you don't like Sup Forums or Sup Forums topics.

>she was interested in him despite his gaming tastes and probably would have been fine with his casual habits
She wasn't making a good job of it either.

what is mobage? is it like kongregate for cellphone I don't understand video games, so please be gentle

when did I say I don't like Sup Forums? it's a known fact that quality of discussion in this place has been in the shitter for quite a while

>cute girl asks if I'd like to go see a movie
>"nah I'm going to go home and play videogames"
>turn down offers to see movies or go biking or go to her house 4 times
Years later I realized she was asking me out.

Sup Forums is a discussion board. If you think there's no good discussion, then you don't like Sup Forums. You may not realize it, but that's what you are saying.

Sup Forums has shit quality discussion but top quality shitposting, waifuposting and comfyposting

mobile game, mostly cash grabs and social games

>Sup Forums is a discussion board.
>

is it like one of those "log in with facebook to get item" type things? I avoid those like AIDS

Mobairu geemu

Yeah, it's like facebook games but with actual budget.

If it makes her happy I'll do whatever she wants.

Will you kiss your best friend for a fujoshi?

Mobage life is dedication, Who wants to play CSGO any more.

Yep, it's exactly that kind of game. Though saying they have budget is kind of a laugh, you could go all the way back to the PS1 and most of the games on that console have bigger budgets.

>friend
What?

The captain of the male soccer team then.

If he's okay with it, sure. I don't subscribe to heteronormative labels.

>A pretty girl (the most in the school) being interested in you for seemingly no reason is a massive fucking warning sign.
How so? Isn't that just you being paranoid?

If the prettiest girl in school takes an interest in the geeky kid for seemingly no reason, she's hiding her true motives. She doesn't want him in a relationship or for sex, because she has basically first pick over all the guys she comes into contact with compared to other girls. If all he has going for himself is that he's nice, she'll vent all of her problems onto him and expect him to listen. He will, of course, because he's nice.

>t. Geeky kid who was strung along and used as an emotional tampon for a year and a half in high school.

For those of you who remember seitokai no ichizon, this is by the same author and set in the same universe. A side story confirms that Mafuyu is the one who got Karen into gaming.

I don't know, I knew a girl like that and I think she was pretty straightforward. One time she made like she was asking me to prom and I hesitated because I really had no interest in going to prom in any situation and she quickly revealed she was joking before things got awkward.

By the way, what is up with blonde anime girls named Karen? Why are there so many? Is that the only name they know?

Karen is a Japanese name as well, m8.

It's one these foreign names stupidly popular in nipland, like Erika.

>Let's see how he reacts. He does not have the balls anyway.

Both of those are possible in nip and I'm sure existed before they knew those were english names.

Actually, one time in class she laughed really loudly at something while she was talking with her friends and I instantly did a perfect imitation of her laugh from the other side of the room so I think she knew I was not someone to be trifled with.

"Possible" is a weird word choice. What name isn't possible in Japanese?

Anything that you can't sensibly produce with kana.

Such as?

How formidable of you

Anything with multiple consonants in a row, anything with a consonant ending a syllable, anything where you have an S in front of an I etc.
Look at a kana table.

I meant they already sound like female Japanese names. The ka means you can just put kanji for flower in it and it's a 100% legit nip name.

I wish people would offer to be my friend.

"Battler" fits some of those and they still made that work.

Oh, that makes sense.

>smash random kanji together
>call it a name
What a wonderful language.

Exotic characters in anime have exotic names. That doesn't make those names "possible". As far as the Japanese are concerned, his name is Batora.

>tfw you constantly ruin your own happiness and chances
Easiest show to identify with this season

Damn you guys are so out of touch with social cues and relationships. Especially you OP.

By the way, why is the name Andrew rendered as Andoryu?

Let's not forget sounds that are completely alien to Japanese speakers, like Scandinavian letters. It's common to name girls in fantasy anime after Níðhöggr, the world serpent A masculine name, as denoted by the "r" declension. Let's break it into parts:
>NÍ-Ð-HÖ-GG-R
>"NÍ" goes straight into Japanese
>"Ð" is a hard th like in "Than" or "Bathe" which becomes "zu" but the "u" can be dropped
>"Ö" is pronounced like the U in "Fur" but this sound does not exist in Japanese, so "HÖ" becomes "hou"
>"GG" is pronounced like a lone hard G with a glottal stop in front of it, a sound which doesn't exist in Japanese, so "gu" is used instead
>"R" is dropped as it is declension but it can be pronounced as either "ar" or "ur" depending on if you favour Norwegian/Danish/Swedish or Icelandic/Faroese pronunciation
Ergo
>Níðhöggr in Kanji sounds like Niizhougu, which is a feminine name, apparently

Because that's the only way they can spell it.
A N Do Ryu
Again, just have a look at a kana table.

But I mean why Ryu instead of just... Ru? I think that's closer to the pronunciation of Andrew.

Don't ask me, I'm ESL.

That's really impressive.

>"Ð" is a hard th like in "Than" or "Bathe" which becomes "zu" but the "u" can be dropped
Elaborate please.

look at where you are. people are so quick to say "oh hes so stupid, she likes you" but forget the same thing happens to everyone, of course anime ramps it up most of the time to the point the MC is a cliche or a literal retard but still.

now I ahvent watched the anime. but from the 1 chapter they had out at the time , they way she presented thier club seemed so tryhard. like just be a club that enters into competitions, theres a reason theres only like 4 of you.

I don't actually know all that much about Japanese and Ð/ð isn't that complicated a letter, especially when compared to Þ/þ. Þ is like the th found in "Thunder" and "Maths" Both Þ and Ð were Romanised letters in Old Norse and Old English and still both exist in Icelandic.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood you, I thought you meant that Ð is pronounced like the "th" in "Than" but also like a "zu" where the "u" can be dropped.
I assumed both halves of the sentence were dedicated to pronounciation but the other half was how nips butcher the sound when writing it.
My bad.

>playing the same FPS game for over two hours straight without breaks
I'd get bored too.

So which one of your friends are you talking about by using this character as a surrogate today? Or are you just making shit up as usual to feel smart...
What an odd choice of word capitalization
>mfw when you're triggering me
Colleauges

>only two hours

Only if it means winning a game of gay chicken. then ofc

>Not hanging out with 3D girls

He made the right choice

> Two hours
Gaming under double digits is casual shit.

Right? That's probably one of the best decision made by an MC for quite some time, except for his overreaction later on.

Are all-day bursts of 40-80 minutes with 5 minute breaks in between okay or is that casual trash too?

I'm fine with gaming for a long time but not on a fucking FPS thanks.

>Not being bored to death after playing a CONSOLE FPS for two hours
Fucking casuals.

Normally true, but if you get bored of Halo after 2 hours you must have some shit taste.

Pfft, fuck you.

Why would I play Halo on console?

Halo hasn't been good for fifteen fucking years. Now go talk about your favourite shitty video game on your designated shitty board.

>telling people to go to Sup Forums
>in a thread for a show literally called Gamers
bane saying why are you here.gif