youtube.com/watch?v=OVKP5igBTGU
youtube.com/watch?v=J79O5mEjcZ0&t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=eAc9X-F_j9U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sure.

At least Walkure is.
youtube.com/watch?v=bWIL08GN9hY

Yes absolutely.

Only if you're a big Macross fan. It started out promising, and admittedly has some of the best scenes in the series, but most of it is a slog to get through.

Best scene

track3.mixtape.moe/totixv.webm

meh

I LOVE KANAME

The music is only worth thing in Delta, and is almost hit or miss.

Absolutely not. The music on the other hand is good.

No, but Freyja is.

best entry in the franchise hands down

Nah its a cluster fuck

>Not posting best Walkure

youtube.com/watch?v=OVKP5igBTGU

Not really.

First half and setup is pretty good. Drops the ball pretty hard on the second. Second half has best songs though.

Watch the first cour and enjoy yourself.
Forget the second one exists and wait for the obligatory movie to fix it like with Frontier.

Just watch till episode 16. It gets downhill from there really fast.
Man, the "I don't want to sing", the "oh no the diva was a clone" and the "I just want to fly in the windermerian sky again" dramas were stupid. They could have focused on the lifespan issue and getting Hayate to actually get better.

Watch the first half and then download the music. The music is fantastic and the best thing about the series.

That's actually what got my attention

No

Ep 1 gave us dreams of a MC styling on fools in a mecha while dancing to idol music powerups. Then he ends up getting fancy exactly twice more in the rest of the series. Such a waste.

Nice music all the way though.

General consensus is that the show was meh. It has all of the things that makes Macross, Macross. I watched it for the music and OST and regret nothing. But I am admittedly a butthurt Miragefag.

I got to episode 18 out of 26, the furthest I've gotten into a series before dropping it; usually if I was this far into I would just force myself to watch to the end to at least justify the time spent. And it wasn't even a conscious dropping, it was just so uninteresting I forgot to continue.

Dead franchise is dead user.

Don't waste your time and space.

>Dead franchise is dead user.

>Macross
>The second biggest robot franchise in the world.
>The franchise that shits all over Code Geass, TTGL and Eva in popularity and number of fans.
>Dying.

ふふふふふっふ

what would happen if you lick her windamere antenna

I honestly want to tell you not to watch it so that you don't end up radically disappointed by the direction it goes in during the second half

>Dead franchise is dead user.
There's going to be a new series next year son.

You know what's dead though? Kawamori's Chinese collab project

Music is fine, Drakens are pure sex, Freyja is a good girl, second half dropped the ball hard, Mirage deserved better. That's about it.
And not enough battroid mode, seriously.

Sexiest 3 yo

Eh, Mirage was cute and a really good girl but her being nostalgia pandering was offputing, at least for me. Nostalgia faggotry was what made me drop Arc-V early in the syncho arc too.
I wonder if that user actually ate that Mirage poster.

>mfw the romance in Delta was literally Freyja and Hayate being unable to contain their boners respectively
Freyja is the miracle of the universe.

Wait, why?

I dropped it after episode 15 because of everyone saying it went to shit afterwards even though I was really loving the show so far. I'm thinking about picking it back up because you guys told me the same about Captain Earth but it was fucking great.

If you're a hoinafag then go for it

I am a huge hoinafag but more importantly I really liked her and Hayate's chemistry.

It's not even worth the mention.

The second half is complete garbage.

yo there's a nip cover of September? holy shit

I'm hopeful that they'll do the same thing they did with Frontier and pump out some movies to bring some more closure.

Some of my favorite Frontier songs came out of those movies.

How does Delta measure up to Frontier?

Reina a cute.
CUTE!

>Wait, why?
Because have you heard anything from it since it's announcement a year ago?

Not on the same level, but there's some good songs here and there and the characters are enjoyable.

The first cour is. The second cour drags it feet like crazy

Worse plot but far better characters.

Watch it for the hoina.

They just wanted to wrap things too fast. If they gave it at least 5 more episodes I am sure it would be a bit better.

Being green is suffering

Just listen to the Walkure albums and call it a day.

Eh, Frontier has its fair share of problems, but Delta was a complete let down. They somehow managed to get an ending that feels rushed even though second half was a complete slog to sit through.

Just finished this recently. It has the best music in the franchise, but the second part is pretty meh. I like Freyja a lot better than Ranka for sure.

The first half shits all over high school San Francisco, if you haven't parodied a scene from previous shows, you ain't doing it right.
The second half basically copies the worst stretch of Frontier's episodes as well as ripping off the ending wholesale except for the epicness that one had.

All in all, both shows have their pros and cons. Delta recycles far too much stuff later on that if you saw it first, Frontier would easily be the worse one.

Doesn't hold a candle to the Frontier movies and we can only hope they keep up the tradition and make one for Delta as well (after all, the second half is botched because it was meant to be a movie but got spread into a new cour because of the show's popularity).

>It has the best music in the franchise
I never expected to see taste this shit outside of /m/

Watch 7 instead

youtube.com/watch?v=J79O5mEjcZ0&t=16s

Do you remember they announced Symphogear s4 and then we didn't hear anything about it for 1.5 years?

The first half is decent, the second half is completely skippable.

I feel like I'm watching a terribly dubbed 4kids show with that terrible sound mixing.

>Way too many characters for little screentime
>Villains are a complete joke
>Love triangle is a complete joke
>Freyja hogs screentime like crazy, even though she is not a very interesting character. She wants to join Walkure and she does, and then she feels bad about the war and is afraid of killing the guy she likes when she sings and that's about it.
>Just like with Alto, Hayate's dad thing goes absolutely nowhere
>Second half is a slog to watch
>Rushed ending

I liked the OST though

I like how Basara's VF-19 Kai sticks out like a sore thumb compared to even Zentradi shit.

7 was one hell of a trip.

>Miragefags still mad

>post legit complaints
>m-miragefags lel

My ningen, 7 is the best macross

>masking a dig at Freyja with some legit complains
>not a Miragefag

Stay mad

Believing that Mirage was a contender was the main problem.

Nigga, Freyja taking all the screentime in the second half is not a dig, that's a serious complaint and ties in with the fact that there were too many goddamn characters or that the writing couldn't balance them all

I mean can you really blame them?

Delta is the only Macross (Besides Plus and 7, where the triangle was 2 guys and a girl) where the younger girl won.

Going by traditions Mirage was the clear winner being older and also military instead of an idol, which has always won over the idol when they two are presented

A lack of direction with the Windermere faction was the problem, Freyja doesn't take any more screentime in the second half than in the first one.

Started great, I dunno what happened but I lost interest at the windniggers

Dude, Delta is a bunch of side characters and Freyja

And the first half is great.

>>Way too many characters for little screentime
The worst bit is that Frontier had just as many and they were all far far better developed.

>Way too many characters for little screentime

>Messer get's rekt
>perfect opportunity for Delta squad to become one and beat windshits with superior teamwork
>nah, let's just give Hayate songbuffs

>songbuffs

This concept was so lazy. Isamu, Guld, Max, Roy were all great pilots. Hayate? songbuffs lel.

She'd get creeped, but also feel aroused.

This. It wasn't the typical "I wonder if they'll end up together" but "I wonder if he'll knock her up before the series ends".

Am I a lolicon?

I was pissed over the fact that they glossed over the fact that she'd be dead in 10 years

What was her problem with being a clone anyway? Probably almost every human alive at this point in the Macross universe has at least one clone ancestor, to say nothing of any zentradi descent.

think Jesus/Mohammmed/Buddha/King Arthur... clone.

Would the mini-Hoina live longer thanks to being half-human, I wonder?

I think it was more that she was created exclusively as a weapon rather than anything else

The clone thing is largely true for humans, all of the other protoculture creatures basically haven't changed

Humans are really over represented in the Macross Universe considering how many Zents and other protoculture races there are

I really only liked the first episode, the episode where the ED is sung and the AXIA episode

the last boss felt weird

I only like the episode where they sang ikenai borderline

Only the first cour

The first episode was easily the best one. Then they forgot about Battroid mode.

Just watch until Messer's death, it's all down hill from there.

Seriously this

People saying that it's good only until Messer's death are faggots. Watch 13th episode, you little shits.

Mostly this.
Also they wanked space Belka too much.

Episode 12 is meandering shit
Episode 13 is the last good Delta episode

Just listen to the September

I would fucking kill to go to that.
I don't care about any Jap bands except this one, I fucking love the songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=eAc9X-F_j9U

You know buddy, it saddens me to think they wasted Belka on a show like Delta.

I think there's a BD of the concert somewhere, not sure if it's out yet though.