If Haruhi aired in 2017 instead of 2006 would the anime community even give a shit about it?

If Haruhi aired in 2017 instead of 2006 would the anime community even give a shit about it?

nope

It was just ripped off NGE

>2027
>still no second season

Haruhi shaped the way anime developed over the last decade. It's impossible to answer this question since there's no way of knowing what other shows might have happened/not happened if Haruhi didn't come out when it did.

We can obviously not know for sure, but probably not.

Depends, if its the same studio kyoanus fags will breed this shit.

i want to breed with haruhi

Probably not

IT Would be dismissed as mary sue fan fiction # 247774

Haruhi is otakupandering moeshit haremshit self-insert wish fulfillment hentai about tsundere lolis doing literally nothing, so of course it would be absolutely problematic in 2017.

No, but that's not the point.
If The Beatles were around today instead of the 60s they'd be pretty unremarkable, assuming music still sounded today like it does.

It's still AOTY quality

Without Haruhi Kyoani fans wouldn't exist and the studio would still be making melodramatic visual novel adaptations

If The Beatles were around in the 60s they would've been pretty unremarkable.

Considering the level of influence the Beatles had on pop music it's safe to say that music wouldn't sound the same today if they hadn't existed. Some other smash-hit band would have come along to push things forward, but probably in a slightly different direction.
Go away, Scaruffi.

this

>scifi themes
>not isekai
>made by 2017 kyoani
Sup Forums would hate it for being the best made anime since forever.

If Keit-ai were aired in 2006 instead of 2016, would the anime community even give a shit about it?

If it's good, maybe. Konosuba is very popular despite its generic premise.
But it's hard to answer because would anime be the same without Haruhi?

built for sex

No-one gives a shit about Aya Hirano anymore since her scandal, so probably not.

I just read Snow Mountain syndrome. WTF almost better than melancholy, I feel worse now.

The thing is Haruhi basically revolutionized LN anime adaptions. So if Haruhi would never air today's anime landscape would look very different.

Now read the rest. Surprise>Intrigues>Disappearance>Melancholy>Sigh and Snowy Mountain>Editor in Chief>Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody

Okay I'll take the bait, how?

No, it would be extraordinarily derivative because of how much other stuff it influenced.

>is this a lucky star reference?

>KyoAni
>anime community give a shit about it
Now and forever. I'm not even a KyoAni fan but you have to admit this.

I watched the show first time last year without knowing anything beforehand and absolutely loved it. So yes, it is still good.

Would Haruhi be a memegirl though, spammed all over the entire site and not just Sup Forums?
She is now, obviously, but her design is kinda plain these days, comparatively.

elaborate

Haruhi would be called "seasonal waifu" and "meme girl".

What shows would not exist/be radically different had Haruhi not aired?
Obviously, Lucky Star but what else?

Bakemonogatari.

Yes, it still has more depth than most ln adaptions, the story concept, non-chronological airing of the episodes and the meta would still make it popular, although not nearly as much, since it would not be considered as good-looking or original today

Haruhi's design is iconic between of how unique it manages to be despite the simple design. All she's got is a school uniform and a hairband, neither of which is particularly over-the-top. She doesn't even have an anime hair color or unique haircut. It's pretty amazing that the artist managed to do so much with so little.

Haruhi would just be a spinoff from Lucky Star and one of those cases where a fake anime is made real.
It'd probably have gotten some attention from Lucky Star fans checking it out, but Lucky Star is pretty dead so not much but some.

Yuki is more less a Rei clone, but actually a good character. Kyon and Shinji are similar. Asuka and Haruhi are similar, though haruhi is more of a Kuudere than a tsundere. And I guess Asahina-san is kinda like Misato?
My guess as to what he meant.

Kyon and Shinji are not really all that similar though.

KyoAniggers will always sperg out about literally anything that studio produces. They are the absolute least objective fanbase in anime

objective quality in art is a meme that is rightfully dying out

the angel lookalikes in closed space
yuki always saves kyon while haruhi is useless

>anime community
gross. I don't think I'd care either way, as long as it still got 2 seasons and a film.

I was simply trying to see where the relation might be. There's also Koizumi and Kaworu.

I'm watching this right now and the episodes started being the same. What's going on?

There's 8 of those in total. It's perfectly okay to skip to the last one.

The studio decided to troll everyone in season two to make everyone feel Yuki's frustration. Either that or they decided to take the six episode "main arc" of the season and make it into a movie instead and they needed filler.

Either way, only watch the whole thing if you're a masochist.

>The studio decided to troll everyone
That's not what happened at all, it's literally Kadokawa's fault E8 happened because they told KyoAni last minute they wanted the Disappearance to be a film, instead of in S2.

It'll soon be christmas and time to watch Disappearance with Sup Forums again!

Pretty much every light novel adaptation, i.e. Oreimo, No Game No Life, Monogatari, etc.

Another year another disappointing announcement of your choice (pachinko, bluray re release, ost re release, new art by Noizi Ito, teasers that mean nothing)

>will (insert popular series) still impact the industry if it didn't come out exactly at the time necessary to impact the industry?

Do birds fly? Fucking retard

Would it be well received? Yes i think so. It holds up well and is overall a good show.
But i don't think anybody would make a thread like this in 2028 if it came out today. It was novel at its time, but today its good, but par for the course.

Anyway, i think the mere fact that Haruhi Threads crop up as often as they do on Sup Forums speaks volumes to its importance, i mean how many other shows as old as it get posted about here?

You've obviously never taken any art classes. There is a reason that nothing you draw will ever be as impressive as Guernica. It is completely possible to have objective critique of the craft and insight that goes into creating a piece of art. The idea that art is totally subjective is bullshit feelgoodery for uneducated faggots like you.

Avatar is objectively worse than 2001: A Space Odyssey
Harry Potter is objectively worse than The Once and Future King
To Love-ru is objectively worse than Urusei Yatsura

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.""
-Isaac Asimov

Maybe go read a fucking book.

It's not like Haruhi was the first Light Novel adaptation. It wasn't even the first by KyoAni.

>Avatar is objectively worse than 2001: A Space Odyssey
>Harry Potter is objectively worse than The Once and Future King
>To Love-ru is objectively worse than Urusei Yatsura
How did you establish that?

If one piece of art is objectively better than another, you should be able to convince absolutely anyone of its superiority. If anyone were to disagree with the proof, that would in itself disprove your assertion.
The sky is objectively blue during clear weather and midday.
Gravity is objectively a 1g at sea level.
But objectivity has nothing to do with opinions, and art exists entirely within human opinion. Nothing is art, at all, unless someone sees something as art, making it subjective by default.
The idea that art can be objective is snobbery at best, and an affront to the idea of art itself at worst.

>If one piece of art is objectively better than another, you should be able to convince absolutely anyone of its superiority
If this were true, everyone would be an atheist. People's opinions and belief have no effect on reality or objective quality in art.

Namedropping Guernica is a surefire telltale that you've taken exactly one art class and it was at high school.

It's self evident.

Who do you name drop to appear in the know?

I picked something people would recognize. I have an MA, pleb.

Titian.

Art is a psychological and social construct. The idea of art does not persist unless it is acknowledged. If you were to drop a copy of 2001: A Space Odyssey into the cretaceous period, the only ones calling it art would be the people observing the hypothetical scenario.
Haven't you seen those stories where someone tries to mock modern art by leaving a piece of garbage in an exhibit, only to find that it's been given a placque?
The only one who decides what is or isn't art is the observer, making it subjective.
Anyone with a concept of beauty is qualified to judge all art as equally as anyone else.

>Pretty much every light novel adaptation
Doubt it, light novels are pretty much anime scripts and nothing more. It was just a matter of time until studios would start adapting every light novel ever released, someone just had to do it first.

Objectivity can't be built on "self-evidence" claims made by subjects.

>Anyone with a concept of beauty is qualified to judge all art as equally as anyone else
Lacking the contextual knowledge to understand the implications and quality of a piece of art makes you an inferior judge of that piece. It does not remove the piece's implications or quality, you are merely incapable of observing them.

>If one piece of art is objectively better than another, you should be able to convince absolutely anyone of its superiority. If anyone were to disagree with the proof, that would in itself disprove your assertion.
What nonsense, there are people who dislike Mahler's symphonies and prefer modern pop trash. People's opinions have absolutely nothing to do with objective superiority.

I am somewhat with you on the 'craft is an aspect of art', but you are such an ass about the rest i think that you are just a self important idiot.

And peaking of, i think think the 'craft' thing is one of the main aspects why people dislike 'modern art': It (seems to) lack the craft in its production.
Painting the Mona Lisa needs fines, knowledge, >craft

Mahler symphonies aren't objectively superior to modern pop trash. They're both sound waves arranged in a particular manner, which some people will find more pleasing or not.

>People's opinions have absolutely nothing to do with objective superiority.
Just to humor you, what are your objective criteria to judge art in general and music in particular?

>but you are such an ass about the rest i think that you are just a self important idiot
There is no way to have this viewpoint without seeming like an ass, because of the low standards for art appreciation our society has set. It's really a pathetic state. I don't really give a shit how I sound.

One piece of art's superiority in your eyes is itself subjective. Stimulating human perception is the singular goal of all art, and cannot be anything other than subjective by definition.
Places where perception is involved in the value is the definition of subjectivity.

It makes you a judge with less comprehension, but that only means inferior judge if your criteria for judging is the level of understanding you can achieve.

>2017
>Anime Community
Pick one

>Stimulating human perception is the singular goal of all art
Communication of ideas or the mere act of creation can also be the goal of art. I don't know what you're basing this premise on.

>I don't really give a shit how I sound.
Then why even say it?
If you know that you don't aim to be persuasive why even start a discussion?

But i will ask you: What standards for art appreciation would you set, then?

Any communicated ideas or information about the creation of anything can only be received through the stimulation of some human's perception.
Even thought can be art, but that is still someone's perception being stimulated.

Sorry but for me episode 6 is peak Haruhi
After that it just your average mediocre SOL series

Episode 6 is the finale. The series was paced with that as the final episode. You did watch it in the proper order, didn't you?

Disappearance is the peak

This thread went a weird direction.

Season 2 was garbage tier.

I'm in the "art is subjective" crowd.
I loved Endless Eight.

>I loved Endless Eight.
Are you a masochist?

E8 is a great depiction of summer

Surprise is the peak.
Bamboo Lead Rhapsody is the 3rd best short story and the best one adapted so far. Sigh is a fantastic arc that's simply overshadowed by the rest of the series.

E8 is an affront to the act of writing a screenplay.

Michael Jackson had more influence on pop music though.

>Sigh is a fantastic arc
It's worse than E8.

Bamboo Leaf should have been an OVA.

Okay. Still great.

>Surprise is the peak.
Dissociation is. But I was talking about the anime.
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is a bit overrated, but Sigh is underrated.

I have a feeling you're the kind of person that requires all of your anime girls to be subservient waifus.

I like for people who claim to be friends with one another to hold each other accountable for their actions.

>Okay. Still great.
>Reanimating the same episode 8 times is great
This is how KyoAni fanboys think.
Would their point not have been served with 5 episodes?
Maybe even 3?
No, they had to make it 8 episodes because they know shitmunchers like you will think it's super "artsy," and it was a hell of a lot easier than writing more scripts.

Fun things are fun.

Reminder that Kyon is God

>Haruhi shaped Anime
>Haruhi shaped her own universe

>accountable
There's really nothing more to do than what happened. They fought over something stupid and once things cooled down, Haruhi stopped going too far. Kyon opposing her was the only way to fix her, but it didn't have to go all the way to punching her. Also Tsuruya is the one who put the alcohol in.

>make playlist of endless 8
>>set to repeat play and random
>> try to figure out when ive seen all 8
how long will it take you before you realise you had finished hours ago?

I would like it if when making a claim about a show you properly remember said show. Haruhi was held accountable for what she did. And I know exactly what you'll say afterwards, "but it was resolved too quickly/she should've gotten more." That was never in question, she was held accountable. Whether more would have been better is debatable, and evidence points towards as much happening as being enough.

Dissociation is just the lead in to Surprise though. There's more Sasaki antics in Surprise, alongside that finale scene.
I don't think anybody says that it being 8 episodes while it aired is a good thing. Now that you can binge/skip it's a much smaller issue than people make it out to be. Their point could have been served in one episode, and that is what Kyoani wanted. It's 8 because kadokawa said fuck it at the last minute and wanted disappearance to be a movie instead of 7 episodes.