Boku

When is this story ever getting good again?

I like the mini Kirishima/Fat Gum stuff but it feels like it's dragged out way too long.

You can't just have climax stuff all the time, then it's not a climax.

Then it would be a story, a good story- not constant climax. Considering this is a battle Shounen-- the arcs should have rising actions. This arc feels like a steadily decreasing ramp we just want to get off of. This Arc better have a satisfying end, or this might be the place where a lot of the readers stop.

Whats the problem with the curent arc?
I dont get it

>Villain with no depth to him besides being an "angery" who likes to keep things clean.
>No interesting buildup to the Arc. It just sort of happens.
>Eightfold Cleansers are getting swept away faster than the Spriggan
>There should have been an introduction to Eri before the Arc started, not during/after. Now no one gives a damn about her.
>Deku is jobbing hard. Hasn't had a single life or death battle since chapter 76 or so.
>I really don't care about the Big Three

Good thing is, the manga still has a lot of chances to redeem itself.
- Dabi and Todoroki Relation
- Toga/Deku Blood
- All Might's Death
- Rock-Man- Mina/Eijirou battle

we've had back to back Suneater and Kirishima development mini-arcs. The arc isn't terrible, but the last month and a half has really dragged after the long build up. I think part of the problem has been Hori's health. He's clearly been feeling out of it for the last couple months.

Meanwhile, we've hardly seen Deku, Uraraka/Tsuyu/Nejire/Dragon Lady were cut out at the very beginning of the raid, and we will get a Mirio backstory chapter soon.

>again
When was it good? Serious question.

I was gonna try to have an actual discussion but
>Dabi and Todoroki Relation
>All Might's Death
Have a nice day buddy.

How the fuck has this arc been a decline? Are you saying that the 10+ chapters of talking have been more exciting than Tamaki vs Overhauls goons? Or Fatgum and Kirishima vs Rappa?

For about 8 chapters

>Implying All Might won't die even though it's been talked about since All Might gave Deku OfA

I'm saying that nothing is exciting in this manga anymore. Not even the fights.

Nah, he resorted to exams and tournament arcs instead of legitimate content starting with chapter 3.

I did like the first two chapters, though.

There's nothing wrong.

Yeah. Some of the two only foreshadowed elements in this one-track story.

Lack of waifus and that's it.
>Villain with no depth to him besides being an "angery" who likes to keep things clean.
Sup Spee D. Reader
>No interesting buildup to the Arc
The arc was built up since chapter 115 with Overhaul's appearance
>Eightfold Cleansers are getting swept away faster than the Spriggan
Its almost like they're fodder or something

The rest I'm not even going to touch upon. People really autistcally hate the Big 3 despite them being more popular than the literal whos from the License Exam arc

Then just drop it and read Black Clover instead.

>Spee D. Reader
Lmao. I'm was one of the biggest fans of this show and most definitely know more than you do. Don't try me. Overhaul is bland, and wants to rid the world of Quirks for a reason that's probably going to boil down to parental issues.

>One panel of Overhaul at a crash site
Such Hype.

>It's almost like they're fodder or something
Then one-shot them. Don't waste two chapters on fodder no one gives a fuck about.

Black clover is even shittier

Had Potential

nice bait.

The "Don't try me" part was where you messed up.

>no actual refute to defend this poor excuse of an arc.

Concession accepted.

bring real arguments then I'll treat you like you have intelligence.

>Worldbuilding is nonexistant
>Characters are simple and bland. Even their development is extremely simple and can be boiled down to a few words: "{Insert} was struggling because He/She lost confidence in themselves/their powers"

>The Arc is dragged out, and the author doesn't seem to know when the proper moment for a flashback is. I can't wait for the anime where Fatgum's punch is delayed for one and a half episodes to make way for a flashback that could have been stated with one in-character panel and still hold the same results.

>The placing is weird. For some reason, we completely abandoned the fight with Uraraka and Co. and spent three chapters on Amajiki. They should have just went in order of the cronies appearance so they wouldn't have to place in another underdeveloped fight in the middle of an important stage in the arc.

>I don't care about Eri. Everyone else is forcing themselves to care. This isn't a character we've known for a while-- this is someone whose only had one line thus far, and literally feels like an NPC in a sidequest.

>Once again; overhaul isn't interesting.

Bunch of padded filler fights to fill out the volumes.

>>Worldbuilding is nonexistant
Who cares? This isn't a brand new world it's a world very similar to the one we have now. World building would be a bonus especially since we are taking place in japan.

>Characters are simple and bland. Even their development is extremely simple and can be boiled down to a few words: "{Insert} was struggling because He/She lost confidence in themselves/their powers"

They are simple but not bland. There's a difference.

>The placing is weird. For some reason, we completely abandoned the fight with Uraraka and Co. and spent three chapters on Amajiki. They should have just went in order of the cronies appearance so they wouldn't have to place in another underdeveloped fight in the middle of an important stage in the arc.

Except that "fight" ended almost immediately.

I don't care about Eri. Everyone else is forcing themselves to care. This isn't a character we've known for a while-- this is someone whose only had one line thus far, and literally feels like an NPC in a sidequest.

That's just you. She clearly affects the cast because she's someone they didn't save because of their incompetence. YOU don't have to care about her. Even then she can still be developed later.

>Once again; overhaul isn't interesting.

that's your own opinion and making early assumptions.

>Overhaul is bland, and wants to rid the world of Quirks for a reason that's probably going to boil down to parental issues.
He already made clear what his intentions for doing Spee D. Reader. He wants to be the next AFO but instead of a world where people are free to use their quirks for chaos he wants to be able to take them away.

>MUH HYPE
Great argument

> Don't waste two chapters on fodder no one gives a fuck about.
Those chapters were about Suneater and Kirishima character development than the villains.

It's usually a solid 6/10 but has been pulling 4s and 5s since last fall.

It's a world of SUPERHUMANS. There are so many possibilities.

Structures, Landscape, Government Factions, Wars, Mutants, extraterrestrial involvement-- an actual plot ALL characters can reach rather than just "be a hero".

No. Instead we have Bad Guys vs Good Guys in futuristic Japan that's barely a day older than modern day Japan. Author tries to make up for his lack of WB 59 chapters down the road and talks about the Advent of the Extraordinary, which somehow conveniently halted all technological process for nine generations.

>That "fight" ended almost immediately

Speedreader-Kun? We see him grinning deviously in a panel. You don't need to read a lot of manga to know that he's up to something obviously.

>She clearly affects the cast

Of course characters are going to affect the cast-- but what's the point of a character if it doesn't affect the person READING the manga? There's a lot of examples of manga characters I still cared about seeing in the future of the series, and Eri isn't one of them.

>My opinions are fact

Ah, another shitty thread.

>Wants to be the next AFO in a world with no quirks
But Why? The reason behind him doing all this is going to be so underwhelming that this entire arc is going to look stupid.

>Suneater and Kirishima
The backstories were boring. Plain and simple. I don't need constant hype, but at least make it entertaining.

>It's a world of SUPERHUMANS. There are so many possibilities.
>Structures, Landscape, Government Factions, Wars, Mutants, extraterrestrial involvement-- an actual plot ALL characters can reach rather than just "be a hero".
But that's not what the story is about. Also, they are still students. user you need to make sure you know what you're reading.

>Speedreader-Kun? We see him grinning deviously in a panel. You don't need to read a lot of manga to know that he's up to something obviously.

You stupid? Doesn't mean anything is happening atm.

>Of course characters are going to affect the cast-- but what's the point of a character if it doesn't affect the person READING the manga? There's a lot of examples of manga characters I still cared about seeing in the future of the series, and Eri isn't one of them.

Because we're reading for the main characters and her dealing with physical/mental abuse does bring the reader to sympathize with her situation

>All Might's Death
Havent read manga in q year, the fucker still isnt dead yet?

With a pussy ass mangaka like this, how could he?

HeroAca now feels like Black Clover. Exact same format of having arcs with 1-2 chapters of build-up before going into braindead action scenes in which one of the characters will get a corny dramatic flashback to try to give the meaningless fight fake pathos.

Everytime I add a filter for your shitty manga you find a way to get past it.

Nah, obviously he's kept alive because of his popularity, but the autistic fanbase on Sup Forums thinks it's because it's a trope subversion and fuck you the manga is perfect and if you dislike it you are a shitposter.

Should have just had a SoL arc where they fight low level empowered assholes from gangs and show the other kids with their new powers.
Eventually have some of the UA kids/sidekicks team up to help a hurt hero and do some of that MUCH FUCKING NEEDED team up and world building stuff.
All of this is fairly simply and easy stuff to do.
Could have had plague mask and the quirk yakuza built up in the backgorund and work out the kinks and entire plot in his down time.
Even floated some ideas in the SOL story to see how people would react to these "rumors" about how the yakuza works. .

>but the autistic fanbase on Sup Forums thinks it's because it's a trope subversion
I literally have not seen one person say this. General opinion is that he should die soon or should have died after beating afo

I've seen these threads titled bnha, I've seen them without mentioning the manga name, but I've never seen someone retarded enough to call it fucking Boku

>I literally have not seen one person say this.
You must be new here.

It's either that or "It would've been too cliché for him to die" or a sentence of similar meaning. Anyway he's not gonna get killed, not with the anime and merchandises and all that.

Never. I've given up on it.

It's weird though, I don't think this manga became terrible, just not interesting in any particular way. It's not really committing grave offenses like Naruto and Bleach did and it still looks great but I dunno.

I feel like it should have more slice of life and less throwing children into harrowing situations. That's my big issue at least. They're learning to be heroes but you regularly see them have to fight alongside heroes for huge, major things. Can't they keep learning for a while? It doesn't feel very "academia", though learn by doing is one option.

Allmight and potential hero sidekick stuff is kind of the biggest reason anyone even got into this in the first place.
But they threw that out with a terrible plot and for the terrible antagonist.

Without the team aspect which would allow all of the side characters to shine, world building, and villians of the right kind that are needed to make this work...it's going to become another mediocre shounen that uses american superhero tropes as window dressing.

The last time I really enjoyed Hero Academia was during the first villain invasion. The second that I at least liked was the sports festival.

What's with all the sudden negativity?

yeah this is basically what I'd have liked

>I literally have not seen one person say this.

You're kidding me

People miss a true Villain like Stain after watching the anime.

Your taste for storytelling is boring as fuck. I really hope this manga won't go the way you want it.

>But Why? The reason behind him doing all this is going to be so underwhelming that this entire arc is going to look stupid.
Motherfucker, he's a yakuza, a professional criminal. He wants power and influence for his organisation.

They had AfO and and now they have Overhaul. I don't see what's the problem.

Why is every thread for this manga exclusively about shitting on it.
Nobody shills it. It isn't pretentious. Nobody forces it in unrelated threads. The mangaka isn't lazy (draws backgrounds unlike half of mangaka). It isn't edgy. It doesn't have any cancerous memes.
>it's just Naruto
>the MC is boring, plain, beta, etc.)
>one piece ripoff (wow)
I've seen more hate for this than fairytail and black clover. Just nonstop fucking complaining.

I like the way it was handled.
The problem is that it was done in the wrong place at the wrong time and for the wrong reason.

His fight with AfO should have been for a huge reason. The major heroes are out taking on a small nemu army and AfO is going to do something that is going to end with everyone getting fucked sideways

THEN we get that battle and the end result.
A tired badly broken deku who defeated a powerful nemu with some help from the other students.

Looks up and sees what plays out in the manga including the same resolution where he's the only one who knows that for all intents and purposes allmight was just murdered.

I do however dislike how completely fucking useless and pointless allmight has been this entire time. Without his powers he should at least be shown to feel helpless and unable to help.
But still giving the kids hope and peptalks and even telling them stories about how he beat this villain or that.

Would have even liked some stories where allmight put on a headset and talked to deku and the rest of the heroes through ear pieces.

The big battles with villians who could kill them? There's far too big of an organization built with too much stuff going on for that to make even the slightest bit of sense.

They should never be in the line of fire with guys like the Yakuza people. Mirio and the rest sure, but not the 1A group.

They should be taking on low level thugs, robots, and helping citizens. A major villian should be thought of and shown to be something the experienced heroes should be taking on.

Hori likes that whole "poetry" and "parallel" crap. Which is why handsy and afo mirrors deku and afo..for some reason.
Why not have a semi official thing for the villians?

>Nobody shills it. It isn't pretentious. Nobody forces it in unrelated threads.
Go away Bokufag, I've seen people shill it in unrelated threads and calling it the apex of shonen, and everyone who disagree is a troll no matter their argument. If it isn't pretentious its fanbase certainly is.

And of course no one is allowed to criticize it in the threads you make to praise it, and apparently no one is allowed to make threads specifically to shit on it without you coming in and complaining that people don't share your shit taste.

I miss the days when Deku broke every bone in his body every time he fought.

grapefag. Earlier it was 30 posts with only 9 posters. It's easy to look over them though because their criticisms are terrible.

Lmao, Boku no Hero is OK, at best- but you fanboys will hype the shit out of it like its the second coming of christ. The only hypeworthy arc is the forest lodge, and Hideout raid. Stain's ideology was overhyped, Sport's festival was good the first read- everything else was OK.

It was never good. It's has an obvious formula and generic characters. Frog girl and other cute chicks carries the manga.

>sudden
The silent majority tired of seeing this generic, boring manga spammed because gravity girl, alien girl, frog girl and all the other girls that people read this shit for.

This

Spoilers when?

>and wants to rid the world of Quirks for a reason that's probably going to boil down to parental issues.
What? His reasoning is simply to secure more power for himself, he's using anti quirk darts as a method to accomplish his goal, it's not part of some romantic ideology.