Someone explain why the flu is a pandemic when we have a vaccine for it?

Someone explain why the flu is a pandemic when we have a vaccine for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalitis_lethargica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

obamacare?

the vaccine is 40~50% effective for the flu, since it's based on fairy scats and horse betting.

also, there is no safe level of mercury for humans, thiomersal is poisonous.

People think they can live forever now.
>They can't
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

First cause for alarm is it's free
The United States does NOTHING for free unless it fuels some hidden agenda

Every year, scientists just kinda guess what strain of the flu will be going around and then companies make vaccines based on that guess. This year they got it wrong and so the major flu strain(s) going around aren't covered by the vaccine.

Once the flu season really gets going, it's too late to start making new vaccines with the actual flu virus.

Anti vaxxers

It’s not free. I work in a hospital so I have to have it, it’s only free because I work there. My family pays $25.00 for it

"Flu" is shorthand for a large category of many viruses. Vaccines are produced based on what is expected to 'go viral' in the coming months. People are to stupid to tell them the that the vaccine is for a specific strain of a recently evolved virus that was named buy combining the an Indonesian scientist's unpronounceable name and the control number and letter combination on the test tube where he found the virus.

I think it's down to 10% with this strain.

Over vaccinations are to encourage mutations of the virus so pharmaceutical companies are given billions to make new vaccines. If deaths occur that's just business.

People who got the flu shot got the flu.

Because nobody washes their fucking hands anymore

Maybe this one is superfluous

The flu virus mutates quickly. Every year they evaluate the changes and try to tweak the vaccine to be effective for the versions that they guess will be the most widespread.

Sometimes the are wrong. Sometimes the vaccine they tweak is not as effective as hoped. This year the vaccine is not working well and the strain is quite virulent. This flu season is already worse than the 09-10 swine flu seasons.

Oh you fucking faggot.

I laughed.

The flu virus changes every year. The way vaccines are targeted is by predicting what type of virus will be so it can be developed prior to the outbreak. These predictions are not alwaysbreliable and limited resistance is conferred as a result.

this year (((they))) were determined to force more people to get the mind control shot.
so a particularly bad flu variant was released
I'll take my chances with the flu, thanks

Not for your reasons, but I've never gotten a flu shot. Somehow I'm still alive.

bwahahah! exactly, next time you'll hopefully think twice before accepting free or paid vaccine from the kikes! I bet you all those that died so far have had a vaccine

Its a burger thing i lived in europe where people are in contact with one another constantly, never told to get a flu shot there. Its pushed by american news because who owns them?

Reading about the 1918 flu epidemic always brings me back to the Encephalitis Lethargica outbreak that coincided with the flu.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalitis_lethargica

If you haven't read "Awakenings", and you have any interest in medical stuff or virology, you should really check it out. It's an amazing book, written very clinically and yet at the same time it's a super easy read and really compelling. It's haunting to imagine living as someone with EL, and the doctor does his diligence in trying to figure out just how these people perceive the world around them as they are locked in their own minds for decades. Plus, the tragedy of L-DOPA is that it works for a while, and over time it stops working. So these patients are suddenly "back to normal" for a few weeks or months, and then slowly slip back into an eternal dream-like sleep until they die. The author documents the stories of many patients, some who barely remember anything before catching the disease and falling into a sort of sleep. Imagine getting sick and then waking up to realize it's been 30 years and you're an old man. And the drugs they're giving you which make you feel alive again will wear off in a few months and if you ever come back to consciousness you'll be in your 60s or 70s or 80s. It's a bit like "Flowers for Algernon" in a sense, you become acutely aware of your mortality and your helplessness.

Because the cdc gave last years vaccine

This. That 30-40% success figure is based on it's possibility to fight the virus at the beginning of the flu season. At it's peak and post-peak, that success figure drops to below 10%.

Because the vaccine makes people catch the flu. It's a jewish trick to make people sick and sterilize their baby makers or make them autistic.

Haven’t read the book but I really enjoyed the movie. Flowers for Algernon was great.

It's not really my thing but it sounds very interesting. I'll have to give it a read, thanks.

Pathogens* may become more resistance as they become used to antibiotics; vaccinations and other methods of antibiotics become rather sterile. It is just noting but big PHARMA power. I suggest the BSAA, but regulations around the world have determined not to cover under a "third-party" regulatory system. FDA, NOM, South Korean Pharma regulatory, EAC, etc.

Cool story. All you faggots that fell for the Jews tricks and got your shot are the ones on your fucking death beds. You can't go to CVS and buy a pack of rubbers without some purple haired degenerate behind the counter trying to push a flu shot on you.

Flu vaccines only work on specific strains of the disease and they completely dropped the ball on predicting which ones were going to be a thing this year.

Its short for one type of virus - Influenza

How shit has the american tertiary education system become. This is first year biology knowledge.

Vaccine was outdated. It'll keep you from getting older flu viruses, just not the one that's killing everyone.

Correction, there are two strains.
A few families in Texas have caught the flu twice this year already. Including my mother, who was not vaccinated.
I have had it once.

Oddly I’m noticing this trend

What's sad is that you won't even apologize for your insolence when it comes out that vaccines do more harm than good.it'll all be about you and how victimized you are and why didn't anyone warn you.

It's so they feel extra motivated to not the flu the next year by being more on top of getting a flu shot. Like hamsters in a wheel

They wash them more than ever with all the colorful antibacterial soap bottles you can buy not to mention all the scented hand sanitizers

This.

There are Billions of variants of the flu, the "Flu Vaccine" only includes the most common 1,000 or so versions of the virus. This makes the flu impossible to combat with a vaccine.

Remember to get your flu shot, cattle.