ITT Shit you hate in manga

>It is a "forced drama to cause friction in the manga/arc that will last for weeks if not months and it is extremely painful for the reader because you know it will be resolved in the end" Arc

Why do some many writers do this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
youtube.com/watch?v=XHfyLv6t5to
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Quit using "forced drama" no one knows what the fuck you are on about.

Instead replace it with "dramatic misunderstandings" now that's something that needs to go.

Remove trucks

>EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH?

Most people can't write for shit, let alone write well.

Massive overreactions to petty bullshit where everyone freaks out for far too long and the whole thing eventually gets swept under the rug like nothing happened or, even worse, the author pretends like the characters are now closer for getting in a retarded fight over nothing.

>characters finally sorted out their relationships and things are going smooth
>childhood friend barges in outta nowhere and the whole thing crashes with no survivors

That's your definition, but how others use it stretches the definition from specific types to "every drama in anime/manga because Japs can't into drama" (their words not mine). Best to talk about specific bullshit that pisses you off.

Like Love Triangles, fuck love triangles.

>cuts back to the side characters reactions of what is currently going on
Yu Yu Hakusho anime does this a lot for example, really takes away from the action

>girl confesses
>something makes some noise
>MC: hm excuse me,what did you just say?

I say it is an adaption problem

flows more naturally in manga

>mc is a plain, loner, bullied, aspiring mangaka/writer
>get harem out of nowhere

would it be better if it is not resolved?

>MC is an average high school kid
>gets harem out of nowhere

I feel this is much worse

>*girl grabs mc's arm and puts it toward her breasts*
>"Mc-kun how are you today" while smiling
> *Mc blushes and has his mouth open"
>Whole class reacts by saying "EHHHHHHHHH"

Every fucking time.

goddamn that shit makes me wanna blow my brains out

>mc and girl finally become a couple
>waste a bunch of chapters introducing more love interests for the sake of drama and ntr bait instead of making a cute SoL.

>everyones doing their best...
>ILL DO MY BEST TOO I WONT LOOSE

this drops the series

>gag manga that boring

well at this point, everytime i see manga with mc describing himself as "average", all i see is author being jaded as fuck and need a quick buck.
But when they made the MC "loner aspiring mangaka, online gamer, visual novel developer, and shit like that, it feels like they jack off to their own idea and make a quick buck out of it, which is worse in my opinion...

>MC goes to hot springs during the men's hours
>relaxes and shit
>girls walk in
>they get mad at him and call him a pervert

Though honestly, I've been seeing less of this.

Most of them are the equivalents to Sunday newspaper comics.

>first girl always wins
>alternatively boring harem end or ambigous ending where he doesn't outright end up with anyone

I want the third girl to win. First girl is also always boring as fucking SHIT.

At least the author is having fun with his damn manga (and the MC has something resembling a personality).

I know /r9k/ got us all jaded about the "NEET culture" but I'll take more loser MCs over the whitebread ones.

>tsundere girl sees MC becoming friends with somebody else and kills herself because of it

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

>Tranny character appears after you're invested in the story
Dropped.

>Why do you love MC?
>H-he's nice...

>no closure for romantic subplots
I wish the last 6 chapters of Ocha Nigosu were translated so I could know if Nishimori will do it one more time

>girls assault MC because he walks in on them changing
Immediately dropped

>before watching harem anime
"why don't girls want nice guys? they must want assholes to treat them like shit!"

>after watching harem anime
"fuck nice guys, they literally have nothing going for them and no reason to get any girl, at least give me an MC that justifies them getting all the girls, like Kazuma or Rance!"

>character is in debt
>always somehow loses his money from jobs
>gets a big payday
>"hey MC-kun you can finally pay off your debt"
>"lol fug that i blew it all on pachinko last night"

I know people like that, at least it's realistic.

So harem anime redpills people about women?

Anyone who complains about girls never going for nice guys like themselves are usually awful people

you’ve heard of tsundere, now get ready for
a girl who actually really just doesn’t like you. at all.

And not blushing because she’s actually flattered, but because she’s really embarrassed by your unwanted attention.

That would at least be a twist

I always assume that nice guy meant people that the girls call "nice guy" not a tag they put on themselves.

I never considered myself nice in any respect (hence Sup Forums).

>make romance subplot
>refuse to put actual development into it and just timeskip in the end to show that character x and y got together

Everytime

The word you are looking for is melodrama.

the problem with this shit is author mistaken being a complete pushover or a yes ma'am with being nice.
there are "nice guy" mc that actually deserved heroine's love

pretty gud

no melodrama is overdramatic drama, but that too gets put into the "forced drama" definition.

yeah I want more MCs like that

Is this another stealth ___-__ thread?

5cm per second?

>It's an Evil twin arc
>It's a "nobody actually likes you and it turns out everyone is simply around you cause reasons" arc
>forgive the enemy no matter how heinously shitty they are
>your friend/family/friend of the family are the BBEG all along out of fucking nowhere
>literally any shitty Trope in Battle Harem bullshit
>any shitty trope in Isekai bullshit
>unironically using internet speak of any way shape or forms in your chinese cartoons
>using the word meme for any reason what so ever
>TLer's, fuck pretty much every single translator alive, just do the translation and stop putting stupid shit all over the damn thing
>TL marks because TL'ers are inherently faggots supreme, as read by the point above
>Fanbases, cause every fanbase is filled with more cringe and autism then should legally be allowed anywhere
>Random pandering bullshit for the sake of pandering; if it makes sense leave it there if it doesn't why the fuck is it there its just wasting space and making the series more shitty.

>forgive the enemy no matter how heinously shitty they are

it's for the best
they usually make better characters than the MC

Place Promised in Our Early Days

>TLer's, fuck pretty much every single translator alive, just do the translation and stop putting stupid shit all over the damn thing
Why don't you go fuck yourself you damn leech?

>your friend/family/friend of the family are the BBEG all along out of fucking nowhere

I like that trope

I normally always read through the first chapter of any manga, no questions asked, if its tagged romance and/or seinen, and there is no yaoi / yuri shit

I can no longer deal with "WERCUM TO NEW WURUDO". If it has harem shit or is kind of isekai, dropped.

that sounds like some pretty fucking boring standards to have.

Always avoid the ones with the "based on a novel" tag.

If it doesn't have it then it should be safe (if it does get ready for harem hijinx and OPMCs).

Found the TLer

NTR

Ebin bait

>find interesting shounen series
>turns into DBZ

Not as prevalent now but that shit pissed me off during the Big 3 era. Especially when that happens to manga that isn't even battle shounen.

Stop hinting at that because it's already a thing.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Learn Japanese pleb

YAW A SDNIF

It's good when done with actual forshadowing and theres shit you can go look back at and say "huh" but it popping up literally out of fucking nowhere because the author is a hack is fucking stupid.

>Character makes giant logical leaps to turn any situation into a sexual one and freaks out like a beta bitch
>Always played off as a joke instead of leading to the other person in the situation being annoyed
Of course different character types might take it as a joke but it's really painful when you know for sure that if it wasn't a harem/shounen manga the other person would be getting tired of their bullshit by now

Haven't actually seen that trope popping out of nowhere, but then again I rarely see it happening at all.

>tomboy (and MC's longtime companion) loses to designated romantic interest #40231

>foreigner enters
>either a giga nigga or someone who looks like a pro wrestler

>character pulls out phone
>it's a non-smart fliphone

I'm usually fond of those characters.

>MC and girl make some promise at 5 years old
>girl remembers promise 12 years later

>car runs me down, nearly die
>"eeeh, I'm sorry for having caused you trouble, driver-san"
>something happens and it's the other guy's fault
>"eeeh, no, I'm in the wrong as well because *insert bullshit excuse*"
>latest Ballroom e youkoso chapter, Tatara doesn't realise where he's going, gets elbowed in the eye by that asshole with the slinted eyes
>literally, as soon as he gets up: "Omg, are you hurt??? I'm so sorry!"

I hate it, this servilism is repulsive. I know that it's a trait of the Japanese culture, it's not really something specific to manga, but whenever I read these displays of excessive, totally uncalled for servility I just stop reading. It's revolting.

At least tomboys win sometimes. Kuuderes win none of the time

Shaggy Dramatically Reads Keit-Ai.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHfyLv6t5to

>blonde-haired blue-eyed half-Jap girl
>her mother was American/English/German/French

"Fufufufufu, This is getting interesting!"

No, it's not. If it was, you wouldn't have to tell me it's interesting.

Nisio usually has his kuuderes win

>MC doing anything other than breathing
>Girls beat him up for being a pervert
FTFY

>Girl assassin or something has to kill MC
>Falls in love with him instead for the most shallow reasons

>Kuuderes

Yours must be a painful lot.

>Implying anyone can stop truck-sama

>Girl assassin

maybe could be done well but I've never seen it

I there one in something I started watching.
Kaga Kara Maroru! and I think Tsugumi from Nisekoi might count.

>Main girl with big tits comes in
>New girl with even bigger tits is introduced
>Main girls gets insecure about her breasts even if she has an amazing rack

This happens way too often to annoy me.

-deres are the stupidest, most trite cliches in fucking history. I hate them. I hate 'ara ara' skanks and try-hard 'sooo cute lolis that go onichaaaan'. Why is it so hard to write characters like human beings?

This. Also that episode where Onodera freaked the fuck out over getting fat because of the scale not working nearly made me drop the series. Story and plot progression is not Nisekoi's strong suit but that EP. was the worst.

Forced "bro" shit

"He died with a smile on his face"

"He died still standing up"

etc..

Shit was good when I was 12 but it just irritates me now. One Piece is biggest offender

>"character development" haircut

I always feel like cutting someone.

>Why is it so hard to write characters like human beings?

Most manga authors do not interact with real people and therefore have no point of reference.

Fights without real "weights" behind the strikes. Like Fairy Tail's or One Piece. Don't base your goddamn manga on shitty "pow" "bang" bullcrap ffs.

To understand human beings, you must be around them and study them. Its what most females in anime look like they have fake looking implants.

It's because most artists don't meet a nude model and use her as a reference, they Google "big breasts" and use the implant photos that first pop up as references.

That's why female manga-ka typically draw breasts better and more realistic, they see them everyday.

That irritates the shit out of me too, it's been done too many times and is a very lazy way of trying to make a character look cool.

Stop reading shitty "will-they-won't-they" romance manga, of course shit like that is going to happen, that's the whole fucking genre.

>Shit was good when I was 12 but it just irritates me now. One Piece is biggest offender
Maybe you should stop reading a manga WRITTEN FOR TWELVE YEAR OLDS

"Fights" that have a single digit number of attacks launched throughout the whole thing.

That's pretty realistic when you both have weapons but no shields though.

>nobody uses shields

>introducing "the 7 legendary whatever" / "the 4 great beasts of some shit" / "the elite 10 of X association" / "the top 3 of the world"

>obvious group of jobbers that will be inevitably defeated and forgotten, following the same formula in every case

It's such a rigid structure that it gets boring no matter how good the characters are.

I struggled so bad to finish the first part of Sengoku Youko, i only finished because i trust the autor, but i should have dropped it in volume 3.

>conflict was just resolved
>everybody is getting along again
>protag accidentally grabs a boob or sees panties
>girls yells "ecchi!" / "hentai" / etc
>shot switches to outside of the location
>hear a slap sound
>camera pans to the sky as protagonist yells in pain
>ending theme plays

I'm not exactly getting your beef here. You hate any group of enemies that has a number?

>"oh it's nothing"
>MC stops her from leaving and asks what she said

>You're just hanging on to life by a hair! You can't possibly not get hit once and still win this match!
>Then I'll just have to dodge everything he throws at me
>Still wins the match at 0.1% health