What does Sup Forums think of the rise of capeshit anime?

What does Sup Forums think of the rise of capeshit anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Xm4fVBl781s
myanimelist.net/anime/34009/To_Be_Hero?q=Hero
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like it. But, at the same time, I think Dragon Ball Super is fun..... so, what do I know.

Is there any chance of this being good?

It's atleast better than modern day capeshit.

I think the dubs are good

Right is just a parody and left is just shonen but with heroes.

I think there needs to be a 3rd for it to be considered a "rise"

I believe in hiroshi nagahama, he'll be the man who'll make me like capeshit

All-Might vs Noumu was actually top notch. All the greatest hits of shonin with none of the time wasting. If this is the kind of shonin capeshit we're in store for, keep it coming.

OPM dub is shit, it doesn't have the non chalantness.

>muh punching
>noumu blaasting off like team rocket
>top notch

do you enjoy playing with legos?

>no crossover events that disrupt the main story
>no convoluted continuities with gaping plot holes left by multiple writers
>no pandering to minorities
>great action sequences and storytelling

Better than capeshit comics.

I would have been okay with the dub if it wasn't for the fact that Genos sounded like he had a huge glob of snot in his throat whenever he spoke.

>dubs are good
>shonin
Good thread.

Well one punch man is actually good cause the characters are fun/interesting, it doesn't take itself to serious, and the actions scenes are well written animated and shot.

Boku no hero is shit cause the characters are boring/uninteresting, it takes itself way to seriously, and the "action" is poorly written, choreographed and animated, with the exception of 20 seconds of sakuga here and there. But it's not like that saves it because the choreography is just so drab itself.

Yea, that explains why no one reads them. What about compared to movies?

I know such uncouth language was not directed at a nobleman like me, from a peasant such as yourself. Your taste is shit and it will always be shit.

you're not funny

youtu.be/Xm4fVBl781s

Nah I'm hilarious. Your opinion means nothing and neither do you.

That's because Western Capeshit never really left the dark age.
It's kind of sad when Japan has a better understanding of what makes Super Heroes work than America does.

They're both shit. Don't pretend OPM is good just because "it's a parody"

Comic style animation the best desu

>three anime including spaced out over three years
>rise

One punch man gets boring real quick, if you don't like the characters it all gets old. It not taking itself to serious is the point of the parody aspect you might think it is the next best thing since sliced bread but it again gets old. I don't know what the fuck you mean by well written animated, maybe you meant to add a comma. For being well written, there are super hero parodies that are more well written, The animation was alright but nothing to write home about and were mostly helped by the OST.

Boku no hero being shit and the characters being boring/uninteresting that is a matter of preference, I don't know what aspect of the characters you find boring/uninteresting so I will leave it at that. For taking itself too seriously I again don't know what you mean, you want everything to not take itself seriously and there to be nothing at stake? One piece is pretty good at that. On the sakuga part I stopped taking you seriously as you yourself aren't sure what it means

Dont forget about it
myanimelist.net/anime/34009/To_Be_Hero?q=Hero

None of this shows as enough "muh political views" crap to be compared to cape comix.

>Implying OPM isn't a story about the disenfranchised bald men who get no respect in Japan's society, even if they were to hold tremendous power.

Bald men is insult of young generation of japan

amen...but both are fucking great tho!

>Idol group 9nine members Kanae Yoshii, Hirona Murata, Uki Satake, and Sayaka Nishiwaki as Kana, Hiro, Uki, and Saya. Hiroshi Nagahama, the anime's director, said during an event in April that the characters will not appear many times in the story, but when they do, "they will get a lot of attention. It's like Hulk from The Avengers, he gets the best part." Nagahama drew the anime's original design for the group's appearance, which lists the group as the "9th Wonder."

why

legos are awesome dude...building tiny castles and shit, with little blocky man running around in it killing each other...man those where the good times i miss my lego massacres

>OPM capeshit
See that's why OPM is good and Hero Academia is cookie cutter bullshit. Oh boo hoo, All Might lost his powers but Deku will master everything in time with no life changing injuries that matter. Who doesn't see that coming and who would expect anything different?

It has nothing to with being a parody, i don't even think it is a parody. It just doesn't takes itself seriously at all, and ever fight scene is well executed and entertaining as well as the characters.
But it doesn't, the viewers excitement isn't based off of saitama struggling in a fight, they use other characters for that.It's just a light hearted and well produced action comedy, the cast is really big but just about ever side character is interesting.

If you don't like the characters in anything it gets old, they are the ones that carry the show if you don't like them you won't like the show no shit.
This isn't some kind of one punch man specific complaint.

When I say the fights are well written i'm talking everything for character to designs, to set up and execution. Throw away villains like sea king are more interesting and compelling then any villain in boku no hero period.
The animation isn't "alright", it's consistently leaps and bounds beyond anything other action shows put out, comparatively speaking it's the best for a tv series by a large margin.
>you want everything to not take itself seriously and there to be nothing at stake?
The stakes are already low enough pls. BNHA fucked up with it's high school setting, everything comes off as kiddie shit.this tourny arc they just had was probably the most poorly executed and written i've ever seen of this troupe. I'll make a post dedicated to just that in a sec
anyways, the characters, especially the lead are all just generic archetypes we've seen a million times before, deku literally has no personality.
As for sakuga i'm referring to moments in which bones hires a freelace animator to make a really well animated sequence, the guy did like 2 scenes this season so far. Both for todoroki 1st time was freezing a robot, second time for fighting deku. Each sequence he animated last around 20-40 seconds, it's actually quite jarring compared to all the below average animation in between.

Just say it boku no hero academia season 2 have bad animation

>Two manga
>Rise of cape shit

??????????? That shit has been there since the dawn of time. You know there is a whole manga version of Spiderman right? It is not like it is a genre like Isekai

>TFW Garou is better than all the cookie cutter bullshit characters in Boku

Needless to say, that's a good thing and not surprising at all. Just stating facts.

Why is it always these two images used for shitposting, where did all the creativity go

>>ITT people with tastes too refined for "fun".

Left one generic shonen and right one fresh capeshit seinen

>i don't even think it is a parody
What do you mean by this, it advertises itself as a parody, the source is a parody. It is a parody, don't call water wine because the OST tricked you into thinking the animation was good.

Gintama >>>>>> onepunch man

Comes with the rise of successful marvel movies and Sony starting their dark universe

Most of Boku's villains have shitty shallow as shit character save for maybe that nigga who paralyzes people by licking their blood

And even he doesnt have as deep a character development as Garou

Onepunch man is not parody its capeshit with good character

theyre good so whats the issue?

Gintama's only good as a comedy manga. This last arc was a mistake, the fact that it has been going on for years now make it even a bigger mistake

>No "universe resets" or retcons
>No fakeout character deaths 20 years later (so far)

Closed continuities like movies or animated universes are comparable with the lack of bullshit.

I think DCAU is the best superhero continuity in all of fiction though and even though it had multiverse bullshit and time travel, it kept it to a minimum with just enough for a story arc or two to say they did.

Only garou? What about monster king

This is what I'm talking about, if you attempting to shitpost try harder, how is this even relevant to my post
It has parody elements dude

I forgot my original goal of coming into this thread, you successfully baited me user, OP needs to stop making these copy paste bait threads.

Is just a comedy. You like it a lot bit that doest change what it is.

Been a while since i last read so i dont remember as clearly, but isnt the fact that the Monster King is actually some bitch ass friend of the number two came out of nowhere?

>yeah no. Boku No Hero Academia looks consistently good animation and choreography. The characters are simple but fun and relatable the world is nice the designs are great etc. A lot of One Punch Man's characters are pretty simple too. Puri Puri Prisoner is a gay rapist Tatsumaki is a tsundere Bang is a stoic badass and so on. But they're all fun.Boku No Hero Academia tales itself seriously in the same way the Superman Movies took themselves seriously. There were stakes but everything remained cheesy

>rise of capeshit
>2 series in literally 2 years barely counting one as capeshitt

As for this shitty ass tournament arc wew.
1st. off this shit high school setting makes everything feel like baby shit. It gives the sense that it's all a controlled environment and thus nothing is really a stake here.

Opposed to something like the hunter or chunni exams where actual life is threatened, you know actual stakes.

2nd. The test make no fucking sense. How does running through a shit obstacle corse once prepare students for being heroes?

What's worse was the gawd awful calvary battle, when will any of the students every be forced to handicap themselves to a calvary position in the real world? Fucking never, this hack of a mangaka really couldn't come up with original exams that actually test the characters to being heroes?
The whole arc is so predictable and by the numbers, there's literally no room for originality or creativity in the writing with such rigid test.

On the other hand something like naruto will have a written exam. On one hand the test is filled with knowledge that would be useful to the "ninjas" in their world, on the other hand there's a nice twist in which the goal of the test is actually to get away with cheating. They even do a whole spiel on how that plays into being a ninja. It's a creative twist on the whole written exam and it plays directly into the world.
Running and obstacle corse once, and playing calvary battle has fuck all to do with being a hero.

And don't get me started on the actual fights themselves, the animations are average at best or static with speed lines, character motivations and backstories are super generic, the choreography is basic or flat out makes no sense, or worst of all everything is extremely predictable, no good twist or surprises what's so ever.

Why hero always win in capeshit story

>Naruto

I stopped reading here

You dont know ninja in naruto now fight alien

Yeah, a lot. Nagahama has a definite vision for this show; it sounds like something he's wanted to make for a long time. He's also a hardcore capeshit fan, so I trust it in his hands. Also, he's yet to make a bad anime.

Like the father of shonen dragonball

To be fair, there are huge time jumps in MHA, I think it could safely be able to assume that they do it more than once.

I'd love to say Ultimate Spiderman but Bendis even fucked that up

Saitama is a parody of the archetypical Superhero who's strong enough to take on any challenge, taken to its logical extreme.

This doesn't make the show bad, insubstantial, or meaningless, but it is still a parody of many super hero and general anime/manga cliches and concepts.

There's definitely more than that. Kekkai Sensen counts, for one; it's essentially Yasuhiro Nightow's Hellboy fanfiction.

Read Watchmen.

We think you should take it to Sup Forums.

Nah, Psykos and Genus get some good development. There's also God
Orochi is new and he's here to stay
I like both of these series, but you're 1/3 on the characters you mentioned. Bang is anything but stoic, Tatsumaki has no dere in her except for her sister and Blast, she has no problem mutilating everyone else. Puri Puri is a gay rapist, he gives excellent advice though

Deku has absolutely zero conflicts after basically O MY RUBBER NENing his way to a power that shouldn't have been given to him had he not rolled a goddamn 20 in luck. Don;t give that injured bullshit, he will master the quirk with zero lifelong negative consequences.

Meanwhile a high tier guy like Sweet Mask had his entire fucking face caved in by the person causing mayhem who is really not even a bad guy at heart. That's stupid, but it's interesting. Boku has it's own stupidity but it's a different kind. The vanilla, bland kind.

Who knows. They keep getting shoehorned into anime this way, as far back as Star Driver.

At least one of them is Uki Satake, who's an actually decent seiyuu.

The whole point of Amai Mask is that he's a prettyboy faggot who can't walk the walk and is in heroing for the exposure and money rather than to do any good.

Why hero always win in end in shonen anime

>ITT: Nobody knows how to like two things at once without having a stick up their ass also

Why good ending is popular then bad ending

>OPM fans are faggots

Who would've guessed.

Rise in popularity?

OPM is kind of repetitive and the characters.are too 2d.

>playing calvary battle

they're going to make sentai formations obviously

Sweet Mask reattached his severed arm like nothing, treated his facial destruction like nothing and was brand new after the arc ended.

He's in the dark, but he's up there.

This more better desu

>Kekkai Sensen
>capeshit
You fucking lost me.

Yeah, you not it's bad when you make a tournament arc so devoid of common sense, creativity and excitement even naruto is better.

I could have did the same shit siting the hunter exams, point still stands bnha has the worst shounen tournament arc I have ever read.

>OPM for hipsters

No wonder it flopped. And will never get another season unlike OPM and Hero Academia.

>genuine,interesting story is better than parody
was there ever any doubt?

>entire fucking face caved
>not calling it Beavis mode
You can make claims like that after you've read the webcomic
It didn't flop

Are you trying to redefine capeshit or trying to force some shitty concept on anime?

Because capeshit is shit

I guess Sup Forums is capeshit too.

Tournament arcs shouldn't exist in a world where the 23rd and 25th martial arts tournaments and dark tournament happened on other stories.

How is two series in the last 3 or so years constitute a 'rise' of anything? If anything the current era is the era of Isekai, capeshit is barely even on the radar in Japan.

What's wrong with aliens?

>we

you have to go back

Kekkai sensen isn't remotely capeshit. It's just typical superpower urban fantasy.

They don't.

>TFW unironically like Deku

Dunno why, but i cheer for him to grow up as the greatest hero.

What's the appeal of this?

The characters in opm stick to their main defining character traits and aren't particularly deep but that doesn't take anything away from the show.

It works well, especially sinces there's a nice rotation of whom saitama interacts with, the one defining personality traits are fun to see saitama interact with, they keep it from feeling repetitive by cycling through and introducing new characters, though the cast never feels bloated.

Not to mention at least the characters in opm actually have some personality to them, can't say the same for bnh

>MUH "ACADEMIA SERIES" SET IN A SCHOOL

>sports festival is for Hero Training for the Future
>not the entire thing just for showing off the students abilities for heroes to see to help them decide who would fit best as their intern
>this wasn't explicitly mentioned in the anime

>MUH ANIME ISNT EXACTLY NARUTO SO ITS NOT CREATIVE

>animation is average at best
>the author himself cried after watching the fight that you're only saying is poorly animated for attention

>character motivations and backstories
>super generic
>"His parents are still alive, so it's generic."

>fight choreography
>predictable
>"I know where this guy's going to punch, so it's bad."

>no good twists or surprises
>the mc goes all out and doesn't win the tournament
>the mc goes all out and doesn't even place top 4
>the rival wins and literally does not give a shit

>watching anime this fast

I took your bait but whatever. Guess shit taste pedros loved OPM too. Not surprised.

Because he's a generic, beta underdog with a pity story and you're a massive normalfag.

He has no actual personality or interesting character traits, just a generic by the books underdog.

You watch it to find out.

Stupid character like deku is shit desu