The state of the shonen genre

Lets be honest we all know that boku no hero is overrated, only decent shonens that are running are still one piece,hxh and maybe ippo. Once those are gone what is left? seriously look at what will be left. Generic rubbish. Guess they dont make mangaka like they used to.

Honestly i agree with you lol.

>shonen ""genre""

If you are over 15 you should not give a single fuck about shonen
Only excuse for DB fags is nostalgia

Alright then what do you read?

Why does that matter, so you can personally attack me instead of engaging with my opinion

How about no

I agree as well. We need truly great manga like Naruto and Bleach to come back!

NO so i can grow a list of mature manga to read

Na those are trash, im talking about classics like yu yu hakusho, fist of the north star, slam drunk or shamman king etc etc

>attack a whole demographic of manga
>asked for his taste
>D-D-D-D-D DON'T HURT ME!

I dont read "mature" manga nor did I ever call shonen immature
Try again

>attack
Look at this faggot and his hurt feelings.
Shut the fuck up babby

I like NnT

I forgot that was running, its decent but it seems like its ending soon anyway

>HxH
>Decent
Fuck of it's overrated and one of the worst shounen that's pretentious.

Boku no trash fanboy, that's salty his favourite manga is always called shit compared to hxh lool

BnHA is great, HxH is too inconsistent to be interesting, we also have One Piece which is getting better again, Dr. Stone and Promissed Neverland which are fun to read.

Most importantly, you're probably expecting too much from a shounen adventure manga. When you grow a bit up, your interests start to shift to things different from the usual shounen adventure themes. Go read some seinen, go read a book or watch a movie. It's not the shounen manga that's getting worse, it's you getting older.

Jokes on you bokutards are nothing more than Narutard 2.0
There is no arguing with them when they know their anime is shit.
Huntards like you on other hand pretend their anime as a saviour of shounen and get triggered everywhere, when their beloved anime is no worse than rip off its contemporaries.

The genre has gone to pot, look at the title pic and then look at the ones running.....LOLNo one calls it the saviour of shonen, people just call it decent since the rest is rubbish decent looks amazing

We have snk

>One Piece after the time skip
>Decent

The series started to repeat tropes and the writing became shit.

I prefer Shonen over Moe or fucking slice of life any day literally cringe.

True, no doubt but it just proves that shonen is dying.

Hunter x Hunter is not a shonen, anymore
O MY CHAPTER WHEN

It's not even decent compared to DBZ. HXH tries too hard to pretend to be something which it is not when in fact feels like a plot written by a edgy Alzheimer teen.
I would have even considered it decent if it were just limiting to one theme.

dbz... im guessing your around 16 and going through the imverysmart stage, call it dragonball we're speaking about manga here spastic

The problem is, there's not a shonen hero capable of carrying the mantle that Goku,Kenshin,Yusuke,Yugi, that guy from SD,Luffy,Naruto and Ichigo (for a while).

They only one that could've done it was All Might but sadly he wasn't the protagonist and Deku too much of a chicken to be memorable because, even if you don't like it, BNHA had one of the best introduction chapters and de-constructed some tropes of the shonen genre until AM's retirement.

>Shitting on DBZ

Confirmed for not reading the manga.

The series was ahead of its time on almost everything.

You're a fucking retard, read what i said autistic spastic

Deconstructions..... Boku no fags acting like hxh fags with their pretentious bullshit. Even when there is none there, that shit is just naruto 2.0

>shounen is dying
edgy

>If you are over 15 you should not give a single fuck about shonen
>I dont read "mature" manga nor did I ever call shonen immature

I don't even read shonen, I just came to tell you that you are a piece of shit

>Boku no hero

Most accurate shit posted on this shit board

nigger

A battle Shonen about space cops.

Neverland may be the best shonen right now

>HxH
>decent

I'll give you Ippo.

>Once those are gone what is left?
Something that hasn't been running for 20 years, maybe something new. Those three don't seem to be ending soon anyways.

What about one punch man? I know it's the most normie anime but it's still really good, and it's ashame snk's newest chapters are fucking retarded, I wish it would end

>normie
Fuck off and kill yourself, newfag cancer.

>Neverland may be the best shonen right now
why?

Shounen is not a genre, retard.

You almost tricked me into rising to the bait

Shonen is a demographic, not a genre, the demographic remains the most successful in manga, there is no problem

If you have a problem with a specific genre stagnating, make a new thread and try again but shonen can be anything and there's lots of great stuff

Don't cut yourself on that edge bro. I've been here longer than you

bnh is shit for too many reasons to just name them all, but the school setting and horrible world building really fucked them over.
One piece has been shit for like 4 years straight now, same with ippo.

black clover looks to be the next thing i just hope it's good. Apparently it has the scene for scene same set up as naruto, but so long as the execution is better i don't mind. It's also not literally baby shit like bnh, figures crossed it turns out to be good.

>wan piss
>decent
pick one

It's not really dying, I mean attack on titan is like the most popular thing ever, but it runs in a more obscure shounen magazine with a much older audience and a lot more females so i'm guessing it doesn't count and you're talking shounen jump.

Just want an anime with good fights for once. No end of the world bullshit. No throwing random energy blasts at each other. No teleporting behind your back.

Make the story trash for all I care.

This, I want well written and choreographed action scenes, but blasting beams and teleporting can be used to make said fight scenes so i'm find with that.

>one piece,hxh

Opinion discarded.

Boku no Hero is okay / borderline good but overhyped.
OP till the timeskip was amazing but took a huge nosedive.
Clover and everything else is pure shit.
I can't say much about HxH because i am in the Chimera arc right now but i think it's overhyped and has some obvious flaws. HxH is still good though, just not as amazing as everyone makes it out to be.

>How to spot a fedora wearing tryhard
>he thinks shonen is a genre

My god, this thread is literally trolls trolling trolls

>moeblob, yuri, SoL watching faggot thinks his opinions hold weight

Nanatsu no Taizai.

>cliche the animation

>one punch man
OPM is indeed good (especially the upcoming arc) but it's a seinen

>only decent shounens are still one piece
L
O
L

>shounen super overpowered MC fights because nakama: the genre is finally dying
finally

Then it follows it up with the provisional license exam, which is about as generic as it gets. Really felt like a buffer arc. The current arc should be way more interesting but we didn't need Amajiki, Kirishima, or Fat Gum in it. At least not in their current level of importance.

>the animation
>Doesn't read the manga
KEK

dumb frogger

The manga is the same shit but worse. So obviously I'm going to judge the best version. Which just happens to be awful.

People took the bait LOOL

Clover is going to save shonen

One Piss is too far gone post timeskip

>only the weekly magazines exist
>shounen is a genre
I would suggest looking at shounen ace but then i remembered you're a newfag who doesn't know what that even is

but shounen is a genre

>You have to be 18 to post here
>the posters here read manga that are made for under 18's

I'm getting a weird rate of inconsistency. If this board doesn't want kids then why encourage it by posting shit kids enjoy? Think we'd be better off without the battleshounen trash here.

I've come to realize that the ones who says this unironically is actually teenagers trying to act like an adult of man-child. Adults read what they enjoy and give no fucks to things like "it's something for kids!"

post good shonen

The newfags in this thread seem to think that battle shounen are the only type of shounen manga.
But yes, onizuka is great

more like they never read manga other than the popular mainstream ones

>shonen genre
WSJ was in a tight spot but they're slowly recovering. It would help if someone submitted something fucking good to a serialization meeting.

>If you are over 15 you should not give a single fuck about shonen
that could be said about anime and manga in general m8

>what is seinen

>HxH fag shitposting
O

>people just call it decent
only fangirls
it's really utter garbage

I have faith

There is a certain 'wave' of new talent that is emerging right now, just give it time

Right now we are getting the people who were raised on the 'last gen' of shonens who will be taking center stage soon

I predict within the next 2-3 years we'll be seeing some really great series emerging

Is it just me or does Gyro look really out of place?

>one punch man
One Punch Man is a "generic-shounen parody" seinen manga. So... pretty accurate.

You are kinda right, except I think Academia is fairly decent so far. It might turn shitty soon, it might not time will tell
I swear attack on titan hype is 80% thanks to the gore shit

For teenagers

>Nanatsu no Taizai.

...and we are done here. best series. best boys. (also best girls no homo)

Oh yeah that reminds me when the mother of fuck is S2 out properly?

So I decided to read some more shounen shoes to expand my tastes a bit, but I'm about 250 chapters into bleach, and it's just kinda bad.

It's hailed as being extremely good, but the only time that I really thought it was good, so far, was near to the beginning.

Does it get better? I get that the art is pretty good, but like, the story is just kinda bad. Power scaling all over the place, and the "big reveal" that everyone has said is a massive shocker (I didn't know about this before going into bleach), was just kinda expected.

Are shounen manga and shows actually all that good? I like one piece, but really, most of it seems lack luster.

>attack on titan is like the most popular thing ever
?

i agree with you OP except that there all really no good shounen left. one piece hasn't been good since ts and hxh will probably never get finished. ippo has gone on for too long as well. i don't think its the mangaka no longer being good so much as the monkeys over at the editorial department putting way too much input into another mangakas work trying to save their dying magazine

you choose the wrong ass shounen. most shounen fans will tell that bleach went to shit after the 13 divisions arc (forget what its even called). one piece is a good start if you wanna continue with that

oh look, moeshit fags here to rub in their non-existent superiority and ruin a perfectly good thread

>everyone who dislikes battle shounen is a "moeshit fag"
Oh, boy.

>Literally okay with shoveling the same shit as Naruto into your mouth
>Hoping the shit will magically taste better
Clovercucks are hilarious.

prove me wrong then

What was good about past 'shonen'? Dragon Ball isn't worth reading beyond DB. I like Bleach and One Piece because they're genuinely complexly crafted stories but one of them is a parody. Naruto wasn't worth it past part 1 and peaked early on during a certain trap bridge arc.

Calling Ippo a shonen is stupid. It's a sports manga and those are a dime a dozen.

Shonen reached its peak in the early 2000's. It will never be that good again.

It's because back then people grew up on novels. Nowadays manga artists that grew up on ln trash and shonen manga are writing and drawing manga

the remaining big series are One Piece and Fairy Tail.

The biggest new series are Shingeki No Kyojin, Boku no Hero Academia and Nanatsu no Taizai.

Fairy Tail has 1 chapter left.