How Popular were Drugs in the 80s?

I get two separate messages about the 80s. Some say it was pro drug with coke everywhere others say anti drug.

This guy I've spoken to who got his first car in 1986 and avidly watched MTV at the time said it was the just say no to drugs era and that 60s and 70s drug culture was out of style. He said it was pretty much a myth that coke was everywhere because he didn't see it when hanging out with his friends. He also thinks grunge ruined MTV and that MTV used to be the best channel that ever existed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zuufD1OSRxc&t=
youtu.be/0WjYitGWrYg?t=477
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally all stand up comedians were on it.

ROBIN WILLIAMS IS A COKE HEAD

ECT

the drug scene in the 80s seem to mainly be focused on the wall street crowd

How often did they use it back then?

I wonder if this about his perception is true. He said that yuppies were liberals that actually hated Reagan and that it's a lie that Reagan is responsible for them. He hates yuppies and saw Reagan as his grandfather figure.

Drugs have been a major part of American subculture since America began. They don't teach it in the history books because its not written about. Your friend who said drugs were out of style was basically the NEET of his generation and not a single chad at the time would bother offering him cocaine. Drugs were everywhere and will be everywhere until the demand for chemical stimulation somehow vanishes from the human psyche.

You might be right about that Chad never offered him coke. If he were born in today's era what would he be like?

He saw himself as an intellectual and believed in logic. He said he spent lots of his time reading Murray Rothbard, Ludwig Mises, and Ayn Rand. He spent a lot of the other time glued to MTV and listening to the pop music and metal music. He hated hippies and yuppies

He did say though there was this subculture called the glue kids. He said they had hippie parents and they'd spend their time huffing glue until they became mentally retarded.

Very, very popular. They actually seemed to party way harder than millennials, who are literally scared to answer the phone, because talking not through text makes them feel put on the spot. People today sort of drink fruity drinks, overpriced terrible beers and snort aderral.

Both my parents had stories of stuff like candyflipping to the point of forgetting how to understand English, busting blood vessels from having to suddenly swallow an 8ball, getting dosed in a club and having to free base to sober up.

The only reason jews are villifying coke is because it makes white people more productive.

I agree with you on on Millennials.

How old are your parents? Do they remember the glue kids? This guy remembers them. He said they had hippie parents and they'd spend their time huffing glue until they became mentally retarded. Their speech slurred all the time.

>wonder if this about his perception is true.
A friend of mine was a trader in the 90s and early 00s. He said it was true in the 80s and 90s. Coke is pretty fucking great till it catches up to you.

What happens when it catches up to you?

Does not compare well with today since use is up x10 anyway.

80s was when drugs where just hitting the scene.

Just curious but what kind of politics did the traders have and what did they think about MTV?

heart problems, kidney issues, general circulitory issues, dopamine depression problems.
yea glue huffing was a thing for teenagers back then, id assume still is in the more rural and suburban retard areas.

Do you agree with him that grunge ruined MTV? He said it used to be the best channel that ever existed and grunge ruined it.

The new thing people huff right now is air duster.
youtube.com/watch?v=zuufD1OSRxc&t=

MTV was ruined by reality television and nigger music

The truth is that coke was everywhere. Even little kids used it back in the day. I remember coked up whores like aged 11-14 walking up the streets up and down downtown New York just searching for the new blow.

I myself preferred Crack, the rush of it. Us old school crack heads never touched the powder, it was no christmas back in Bronx if you know what I mean, it was for the white upper class. I still miss crack, me and my friends would buy this knackerbread type of substance but instead of smoking it, we stuffed it up our ass. Rectal ingestion of cocaine has no negative overdrive on your body: you simply shit out all the poisons when your close to OD.

I remember sitting in this crack house, year was 1985. Some little nigglets bought me crack, the police could not even catch those dealers because they were so small and they were not part of any particular race even. They had yellow tinge to their skin but they were most obviously just plain old niggers. we referred to them humorously as "The Tong"

The Tong had the crack, but they also had the delivery of it. We would just sit down on any street corner and "Bob" as I used to call him would make this small hizzling sounds down at the Fox Chase section of NY. 20minutes later cops and crack dealers would literally surround us, all of them wanted a little piece of us.

Doesn´t surprise me that cocaine went to shit after the "New Coke" formula was launched by Coca Cola. Coincidence or not, everything was shit after that change.

I am still not angry about those years even though my head is a mush these days and I would still like to thank the great Coca-Cola Co. if anyone is even reading this. The original recipe

Old Pepsi head like myself has no trouble to talk about King Cocaine, I still underline the fact that I am a crack head. I do not care for cocaine, I miss the old school dealing culture.

This happened once in New York: we would get high as fuck with Bob smoking crack and loose all our girders. Back then Bob was sexually frustrated guy in his early 30s.

I witnessed once a scene after our crack sessions in central park where two senior citizens were playing a game of chess during the daylight hours. Bob was hiding behind a tree and masturbating to their game.

Can you imagine? The cocaine can bring the best and worst out of your friends

the 80s were a time when the glow in the darks went rogue and started funding resistance movements to communism in Central and South America. Drugs (cocaine) entered the USA like table sugar....Cocaine was everywhere.

I read somewhere that 10,000 Kilos were entering the USA per fucking day!

>Was

He was a cokehead

100,000 kilos*

He seemed cool to me but I have a different definition of cool.

Interestingly enough he loved the 80s a lot while he lived them but had some lewronggeneration. Like for example he said he wished he lived in the 19th century so he could wear a top hat and cane with a sword with coat tails and he could duel with people. That they were sophisticated gentleman and superior to the yuppie scum he said gave Reagan a bad name.

He also was into the Wild West and the cowboys. He said it was Ayn Rand's dream of complete freedom come true.

Above episode is just one of many how altered Bob´s sex drive was on Coke.

The Tong proceeded with the dealings in the mid 80s and suddenly we found out that the Crack became yellower day by day and so did our teeth. Understand one thing: I am no Mr Pepsodent myself but Bob was known as the "Mr Jaffa Tooth" for dental hygiene was not of our primary concern.

Imagine two crackheads who also had a sweet tooth for soft drinks: by the end of ´85 none of us had teeth left and we switched back to rectal usage of crack.

Days went buy hanging at the crack houses and Bob still enjoyed the odd game of Chess with the seniors at the park. I myself had paranoia for the dealers kept getting smaller and I was losing my eyesight. I remember being so fucked up that I was following a trail of ants one day and tried to talk with the animal kingdom. I still have more stories of this caliber if someone is interested

How easy was it to get back then? Did people offer it for free?

People would walk in a bar and the waiter would ask which they prefer: Coke or Pepsi?

Us crackheads would make this clickity-crack kind of sound at the toilets and in 5 minutes you were high as fuck having orgy with these people you barely even knew

coke is the only drug i liked

You would love crack

its too scary brah, im not doing that shit.

Judging by your 'friend's fantasy desires and willingness to share them I'd say without a doubt in 2018 he would be a diaper-fur on mental disability welfare

Why not an ancap here?

youtu.be/0WjYitGWrYg?t=477

Best documentaty ever made btw

Cocaine has always been, by and large, a "high class" drug. It's expensive and is only regularly used by high earning yuppies. The reason it seemed so big in the 80's was because of the proliferation of massive cartels and the media frenzy surrounding them along with Reagan's "War on Drugs".

Cocaine is just as big as it ever was among these high earning individuals. London is especially well known for this.

Complete stability in western societies.
White pride in full effect.
Of course you would do drugs.
Not much else to do other than winning.

I'm glad I never tried it. I had multiple opportunities where I could try it for free, but the way I witnessed it devour the personalities and psyche of regular users was enough for me to never open that box of pandora's.

It's really the devil in disguise, the author of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde essentially descirbed his cocaine addiction.

Ayn rand was a sabbatean frankist kike.

Don't know where your friend was that he no exposure to cocaine. But I grew up in small town America. We were the stoner crowd, but no one had ever seen coke before. It was like a studio 54, rock star meme.
Then suddenly it was everywhere. People who were too preppy clean cut to even smoke pot were doing coke and getting hooked on it.
I was working in union construction and there was a dude who's whole job it was, was to sell coke. He didn't do any work he just openly walked around and sold, and gave the supervisor his for free.

Thanks, Hans. 10/10.

this, I'm like the friend, I didn't even know people did drugs while at highschool I thought it was just a Sup Forums gimmick

I fucking love coke.

>It's really the devil in disguise
I don't think it is.
Anyone who has done coke a few times knows exactly what the pros/cons are.
Some people are just self destructive and the drug of choice is irrelevant.

Like Clapton said, "She don't lie.".

I witnessed several friends of mine become really presumptuous and aloof to the point where it was essentially impossible to have normal conversations with them any more.
Some of them described cocaine as "making you greedy", but it's effects upon the psyche seemed really destructive to me. That's why I always sticked to weed, and will try mushrooms and mescaline when the setting is right.

What's sad about cocaine is that it essentially spoiled all the medical advantages the coca leaf has. It's just one out of many alcaloids in the leaf, making up 0,05% of it.
Coca leaf is an amazing treat against muscle pains especially in the back; a pahramceutical company from the US developed a drug based upon the main ingredient responsible, namely Benzoylecgonine. The patented it under the name of "Esterom", and studies proved that it cured muscle pains in a "revolutionary way".
However, the company that developed this drug never got permission to sell it in the US - therefore, many people (like my mum) have to take loads of pills that don't work nearly as well as the coca leaf.

However: if someone here has pains in the back, I strongly recommend out of my own experience you try "Agwa de Bolivia". You can get it e.g. on Amazon. It is a liquor based on 40 grams of coca leafs per bottle, and it contains all substances from the leaf except for cocaine.

Cures back pains like magic!

I believe you, of course cocaine is a very mentally addictive substance, just like alcohol, and some people are much more susceptible to that addiction.

But it is entirely possible to use it responsibly as a stimulant on certain occasions.

What are your rules to keep it from taking control?

E.g., only when you have sex?
I heard multiple times that sex while coked up is absolutely amazing.

>only when you have sex?
sadly that is not a frequent event

No, I will only use it in a social situation when in company of friends who also want to use it.
And I don't mean "friends" who you just hangout with to do drugs, I mean real friends who just happen to like the same experience.

Essentially like I prefer to smoke weed.

My best friend from my teens became a heroine addict, and essentially tried everything you could get.
Before I cut my ties to him, he said that drugs were a replacement/substitute for love.

That's where I got it.

O Who dis

Combining coke & sex is a good way to get addicted.

>Essentially like I prefer to smoke weed.
>My best friend from my teens became a heroine addict, and essentially tried everything you could get.
>Before I cut my ties to him, he said that drugs were a replacement/substitute for love.
>That's where I got it.
All drugs are dangerous, you never know what it will trigger in your subconscious.
Even weed can be destructive to some people.

I also mostly smoke weed and it has helped me to control my alcoholism.

>new
literally started as soon as compressed air was being sold