Does anyone have an explanation as to how did anime became so mainstream the past few years...

Does anyone have an explanation as to how did anime became so mainstream the past few years? Why is there so many normalfags into anime? and no im not talking about the casual average Joe who only watch the top 5 shounen anime+ evangelion im talking about normalfags who are now are following all the latest seasonal stuff of the season via CrunchyRoll and literally call everything their waifu while having a real life girlfriend.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.twitchtv/crunchyroll-brings-more-than-15-full-seasons-of-anime-hits-to-twitch-963c256671df
animeright.news/
animeright.news/senpai/what-type-of-alt-right-are-you
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not anime, fuck off.

If dubs I banged your mother through the top 5 shounen anime + evangelion.

Not manga, fuck off.

Nothing wrong with any of those things.

But OP, anime went mainstream 18 years ago. Nothing's changed, except how we watch it.

Does anyone have a explanation as to how newfags don't know how to sage?

based metabro

I'm not sure if you noticed, but with the exception of SHiN, waifuism was always ironic here until you sad fucks took it seriously.

Being an estranged faggot isn't the mission of watching anime and reading manga; it's the consequence. Stop trying to host competitions to be as pathetic as possible.

Besides the obvious facts that sages are now invisible and can't be announced?

bump for you

Spitefully bumping is pointless. It just adds +1 to the bump limit with no additional content. That, and you'd have looked for an excuse to bump regardless.

I guess it was a mistake to Sup Forums. I thought this place was still safe from normalfaggotry.

You don't need the "explanation", you're just there to complain that will result in nothing.

Cr is cheap and on every platform possible

The self conciois jokes the anime fandom used to make became memes and ironically weebs became the old ironically geek/nerd
Remember the old "im such a nerd" shit that happened to normies like almost a decade ago, its happening to anime fans
All that exposure and acceptance makes more people try anime out and discovering something they might like or not

Enjoy douchbags with top nep hats, waifu tshirs making vlogs on YouTube about their gf and the latest AoT or SAO product

What even is a "self-aware weeaboo"? A casual?

CR streaming pretty much everything a little better than pirate sites. By not being a pirate site they could easily get legit apps for ios/android. Eventually the threshold of convenience was reached to break into the wider masses. These days Netflix and Amazon hurl chinese cartoons at everyone and his dog.

The rest is about why anyone outside Japan watches anime. To get material that isn't forced into the mold.

It's someone who watches anime that openly mocks weebs.

I'm ironic weeb
Ask anything

anime is dead

>Past few years
More like last fifteen years and more.
Anime being popular in mainstream for decades, what you refer to is memes, and this is nothing new, eventually all things become known to the major public.

The medium has recently become more accessible through legitimate means. Netflix, crunchyroll, and other services are pumping things out. Anime is not my secret club so I ain't tripping. I enjoy the shit that comes out on Netflix. that castlevania anime on netflix was pretty good

>normies
Fuck off, normalfag.

What is up with nep and normalfags loving this series so much?

But it's explained in the FAQ.

Yeah no.

Normalfags would have not watch shit like Dragon Maid or New Game fifteen years ago. They only stuck to the friendly casual stuff like cowboy bebop and friends.

Now you have normalfags who joke or don't joke about lewding loli? Fuck if I know what this stupid ravioli meme mean.

>teh waifu where ironic
Years prove how much retarded this claim has become, waifu only NOW is a teh ironic shitty joke, it's used to be board culture stuff, but now what does even a board culture means when everyone around the web usins le funny maymays.
Sup Forums is dead, and so everything related to board culture.

I think OP is alluding to how the Internet in general is in an age of irony.

blog.twitchtv/crunchyroll-brings-more-than-15-full-seasons-of-anime-hits-to-twitch-963c256671df

How do we feel about this?

Add a dot after the twitch.

Fuck off.

Which newfags haven't read.

Think, man.

Why would someone just go and start posting in a website without reading the rules and the FAQ?

You first ironic weeb.

>If you’re super into waifus and wall scrolls, tune in for a refresher or to share your thoughts on who truly isbest girl. If all you know about anime starts and ends with the Twitch emote “VoHiYo,” think of the marathon like a buffet. Try a bit of everything. See what’s out there. You might find something you really like! If not, at least you’ll understand why everyone says “yelling makes you stronger.”

Why do you keep posting this /qa/tard? Normalfag is a faulty accusation to that post.

>Years prove how much retarded this claim has become
When I talk about fags that took a joke too seriously?

You're one of them.

I want my old secret club back.

Because they are newfags and thats what newfags to.

Memes, jack, the memes, being a nerd is now cool and trendy, and if everyone does it so it's cool.

>Learn Japanese
>move to 2ch
Here I fixed your problem

Its a series the fan knew it was shit
Go into any nep thread all of them will state that the games play like shit and only recently theu became ok
This is quite close to ironically liking something, so nep goes hand in hand with the recent "lol im such a weeb, I have a nep t shirt"
Most of them never played the games and would probably hate it when they get to the lewder parts, or outright try to play one of the ps3 games

Even my dad who used to be very slow at following technology are now have access to the internet

the smartphone give birth to these newfag

Fucking e-celebs man.

>it's used to be board culture stuff
Newfags like you taking "memes" seriously in your echochamber of newfags is what perpetuates this notion.
People here used to laugh at weebs, fat otakus and their imaginary girlfriends, used to have threads about the hobby taking over their lives and how to improve them.
You wouldn't know, but 2010-2012 had a shitton of "I'm leaving this place/hobby" threads, usually welcomed by a gently "yeah whatever", but there were a fucking ton nonetheless.
The "community" in general changes continuosly and it's normal. It was more niche because the internet (depending on your country one of, if not THE way to consume these media) itself was.

You are the kind of faggots who ruined this place by turning everything into a joke, because who need unwritten rules to keep our place safe and clean.
Or perhaps you didn't realize that it is NOW people keep using le waifu maymays every fucking where, but sure we take jokes too seriously.

Normalfags normalized video games, now it's anime's turn.

Naruto, Bleach, sword arts online, attack on titan

It's not. You just happen to visit websites where this minority population frequents and it magnifies the feeling. Just like the rise of a gorillion tumblr snowflake categories because people don't feel retarded for thinking they are otherkin if enough people give the illusion of normalcy.

It only gets worse from here on out.

Nah, normalfags in terms of anime dont care about if there fanservice or lolis.

>one of the ps3 games
I still don't know how I managed to finish HDN.

No actually. Going to stores you will see anime merch of SAO and SNK and other cancer all over. The "geek" wave that killed comics is now turning to anime. I wish I was kidding.

I don't talk about waifus, faggot. I haven't mentioned them since 2008 because it's fucking stupid. But I still fully endorse everyone mocking you anyway.

Exept it's the opposite you bleeding imbecile, the very fact that people talk about waifus and lolis as they do now should indicate that, but keep telling yourself that we need to take things less seriously.
>used to laugh at weebs
Sure, the place that is made of weebs was pretty much an anime imageboard, untill more of normalfags came in and clam the same shit you do now.
>The "community" in general changes continuosly and it's normal.
Ah, so things are changing after all.
>you wouldn't know but 2010
I love how newfags keep telling me about shit I saw with my own eyes and tell me what people used to say back then, just like you do now.

So Sup Forums?

>2ch
2ch hates western anime watchers and people who "pirate" anime and get manga chapters and episodes before them.

>mocking me
You're only mocking yourself here m8.

Did that make sense in your head?

Are you autistic?

>Sure, the place that is made of weebs was pretty much an anime imageboard, untill more of normalfags came in and clam the same shit you do now
Well actually Sup Forums did amke fun of weeaboos who did go to animecons and reaveled their powerlevels

Sasuga

It's useless to talk to people like you who deluded themselves this much about the image "board culture" you had when you joined.

Would I get banned then?

>Why is there so many normalfags into anime?

The welfare state and cultural marxism

Do you? I mean i dont live in america so i dont know but in here finland only anime you see in stores is ghibli movies

>make sense
You should try it.
Like by reading carefully the part about things being casualized, which is what exactly make things worse, not the opposite.

The general fags have gotten way too obvious even calling them editions and the mods will not do anything about it. There also needs to be a rule banning frog posting.

It's just means that you have no argument here, newfag.

I assume Crunchyroll and Netflix is probably why. Not to mention the return of Toonami.

That's not the same as what that user implied whatsoever.

It is getting pretty bad. I know several people that have started watching because of netflix and they are all cancer shows on there. Like the influx of shigatsu threads are all netflix scum, you can tell because they use the English name for their threads.

Sometimes it's funny but I'm growing to hate anime meme culture in the West. I want to talk about the top-notch sound and visual direction in Maidragon or the character development of Tohru and Kobayashi but I just fucking see the RAVIOLI RAVIOLI shit.

>2ch
Wait, you think they pay for it? Holy kek

>Chester Bennington killed himself

What the fuck ;_;

>DBZ
>Naruto
>Boku Hero Academia

Hmmmmm

>but I'm growing to hate anime meme culture in the West

You already don't? Its by far one of the cancerous culture in the west.

in the end it didn't even matter

>deluded
Newfriends pls, the way you talk about things you have only a vague idea, shows a lot abou you.

I hope when Hiroshimoot realizes how much legal trouble Sup Forums he just deletes the board.

Someone post the nyaa statistics image

In some alternative dimension maybe, Normalfags hate fanservice and loli especially, most of them are into shounen/edgy/action stuff, with some 2deep4u elitists around.

I wish Moot would have killed Sup Forums and let us scatter to the winds. It would have been for the best.

>normalfags hate fanservice and loli
>ero-manga sensei
>Kanna

No they don't

Would it help if Sup Forums was cut to half it's size?

Make that 5%.

2bh i just hate normies in general

when's the next great culling gonna happen bros

once we get another generals purge

What is your opinion of hiro?

Who?

I like how he learned to not touch anything after awhile but I do wish he'd come and bant with us every now and then like moot would.

You retards will seriously just spout newfag and normalfag at each other until this thread 404s.

animeright.news/

That's embarrassing.

You haven't seen anything.
animeright.news/senpai/what-type-of-alt-right-are-you

because hollywood keeps pushing out recycled turds so there is a gap of media that needs filling.

It's just spics and south east asians. Increased prosperity leading to those southerners being able to afford smartphones got us into this whole mess in the first place.

What the fuck?

Trendy youtubers enabling people of course.

I want to try and force myself to believe this is trolling but I know in my heart that it's not.

What the fuck