Hajime no Ippo

This chapter is looking a lot like Mayweather vs Pacquiao.
Sendou continues to be best boy and Miyata's wet again(what a surprise).
I bet Ippo will switch to southpaw like he did against Oda and do an inverted diagonal DR

He just needs to absorb the audiences oxygen

Oxygen Bomb

so in how many weight classes is takamura world champion?

PUNCH HARDER KOZOU PUNCH HARDER

After Ippo's whole scare with brain damage I thought he'd be better at defending himself but he's still eating fists to the face. That stunned look on his face is making me shook.

Can Ippo just lose and retire already so this series can just be about Takamura?

Ippo has struggled at the same crap for so long now, and the answer is always "just punch harder"

>2 in Middleweight(WBC, WBA) and former WBC Junior Middleweight

Isn't that out of 7 or something? And he's heading into yet another title defense because Kamogawa is a jackass. This manga is fucking cancer.

I'm pretty sure Takamura is going have to give up that dream because of his eye.

That's still up in the air, whereas the fact that he still has 5 belts to go is not. Pragmatically speaking, he'll fucking age out of boxing before he can make that many belts if Kamogawa keeps him going at his current rate. It's almost as if the old fuck wants to stamp on his only son's dream.

>only son
He still has Ippo, if that's anything to look forward too. I agree though, George needs to get Takamura out of that hole he's written him into, I think the challenger will cancel last minute and the fill in will some how allow Takamura move up in ranking in the next class.

I also thought this.

Needs more rolls.

What, the southpaw strategy or the Mayweather vs Pacman?

Takamura has no 'family' to fall back on; the coach is all that he has, and this is acknowledged. Ippo still has a mother. Takamura was very much brought up by Kamogawa, and Ippo wasn't. That was my point.

Takamura's 29 already.

It doesn't matter. He's got three strikes against him; he boxes in a gym with little money and reputation(can't leverage a match), his persona is a total dumpster fire(Japan is half-hearted at best throwing their support behind him outside of the ring), and he's TOO good(we're at the age where boxing champs are likely to dodge dangerous opponents, and Takamura's already proven he can devastate the best the World has to offer). All that plus a logjam at Super Middleweight means Takamura is stuck in a rut until everything goes wrong.

Which will be after Ippo's fight, guaranteed.

It's the late 90's almost 2000 in the story, I'm pretty sure there's still some old fashioned fighters left. I mean just look at Ward and Gatti, that was a brutal war in 2002

January 1999 by my best estimate(yes, I timelined the fucking entire manga)

Takamura lucked out finding two to begin with; David Eagle wanted to take on the man that fucking devastated Brian Hawk because he was in search of a Challenger he never had in his career. Richard Bison tried to become that, only to watch Eagle get defeated, and so he sought some degree of revenge.

But there's really only so long you can find Champions like that. Sooner or later, you're going to find someone that is dodgy and hard to pin down for a commitment. It feels like there are at least two like that in the Super Middleweight class- if the 'Dream Unification Bout' briefly discussed was any indication.

The wiki has this match taking place in January of '99 as well, good work user.
And on the subject of dodgy cunts, Martinez is up there as well in a way. I'm sticking around to see if Sendou the Mexican hunter will take down Alfredo and down play Ippo afterwards

I have a nagging worry about Sendou's pursuit of Rodriguez.

I think when Sendou finally gets that match, he's not just going to lose. It's going to be utterly brutal. He's going to get Al's 'savage' side, and it's not going to be clean, and Sendou's career is simply going to vanish.

I think it'll go this way, mainly because I like to think all this fucking teasing about Ippo learning what it takes to survive in the World Stage is actually going to pay off and the switch will be flipped for the eventual rematch. I like to imagine Ippo getting so pissed off about Sendou getting all-but-crippled that he goes out and all-but-cripples Rodriguez as a result, and then cue all the desperate and bitter soul searching that comes afterwards.

I like your idea. Here's my take on what will happen to Sendou:
Sendou and Feta cheese are gonna go to war and like you said Alf's going to dig deep, but so will Sendou. Maybe Sendou gets so brutal and reckless both corners are thinking of throwing the towel, if Sendou comes out the winner It would be nice to see him call out Ippo on international television with him in the crowd(call him a big stiff idiot and whatnot) and maybe even insult his family name to get him really mad. WBC sees this going down and wants a #1 contenders bout for Martinez. If Sendou wins again I could see them developing a Komagawa and Nekota relationship.

Just a small correction; doesn't adversely affect your idea.

Martinez holds the WBA Belt. Apparently a million other boxers are vying for the WBC belt.

I thought it was the other way around with Martini holding the WBC while Everybody wants the WBA. guess that's just me speed reading.

How is this no-name still going?
I was hoping Ippo would floor him so we can move on.

Shoot and move tactics and Ippo's inability to block

>no-name
I see the meme's still going strong.

Actually, what's happening is Guevara's getting him on the counter. Ippo's blocking a lot of the flurry going in, but when he strikes, Guevara leans out of range- real easy to do given Ippo's utter lack of height and reach and the contrast in dominant hands- and his his open face for a counter blow.

Is Sendo the Conor McGregor of the series?

No, go back to /heem/

Takamura is Conor without the loss

He's more of a bastardization of Joe when you think about it.

You know which Joe I'm talking about.

Louis? Frazier? Or Calzaghe

Ashita no Joe, user.

There's barely any resemblance between them.

>Delinquent brawler that fights for themselves and the greater good take up boxing get strong
>Also has long wavy hair.
Yeah, barely any resemblance.

>yes, I timelined the fucking entire manga
go away boggy no one wants you here