Do you people realize this dude probably will be in history books 100 years from now ?

Do you people realize this dude probably will be in history books 100 years from now ?

This man may just be the most important man to our future as a human species. Space exploration has finally become a big deal in the public sphere again and I for one couldn't be happier. What he has done will inspire so many young minds concerned with obtaining interplanetary travel. It may me the most important thing the human race will ever do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

same. go musky go!

The West won't exist in 100 years on its current path.

Can't wait for asteroid mining and interplanetary hypercorps.

People here with their soyboy memes don't really understand - Falcon 9 re-entry and landing is one of the most important technological achievements in recent years.

this man is a visionary, an idealist, not a business man

>implying the nigger and Muslim hordes will keep records in the future.

but hayyyy lmao

People hate on him for Tesla

Tesla is probably not going to be a profitable company, their tech is going to be used by other auto manufacturers who will profit from Tesla's breakthroughs

but for people like Elon what is important is the technology, not (((profit)))

No, you got it wrong.
(((people))) hate pretend to hate Tesla. Tesla shares are THE most shorted stock ever.
(((people))) talk shit in hope that they can lower the price of Tesla shares in order to buy more of them.
Tesla just gave out 500mil USD worth of asset backed shares and all the (((people))) who hate Tesla tried to buy it for 15x times the price.

Tesla's main 'breakthrough' is the battery technology they're licencing from Panasonic, plus their ability to mass produce them. If they manage to raise the funds to build their mega factories the was they envision them, it's going to be incredibly hard for other companies to compete with the cost effectiveness of their batteries. Since battery cost makes up the bulk of the cost of an EV, Tesla might finally be able to actually compete with petrol cars within a few years

someone send coffee to the moon please.

>Implying space is real

>just poured money to scientists
>put a retarded car in the space
>most important man of the world
The absolute state of capitalism

We should focus on curing all diseases and immortality first. What's the point of space colonies and exploration when I won't have any benefit from it.

Stem cells, nanobots, crispr and gen editing in general are more important for mankind right now.

So is this guy brilliant or just a businessman with deep pockets?

>implying you are real

>Do you people realize this dude probably will be in history books 100 years from now ?
Yes, I think this will happen.

If you look at the concept of the mega factory, it's completely impractical and looks like something a 14 year old would come up with.
>People invest in this idiot
>Same company that came up with useless flamethrowers and shitty third world tier cars

He'll be in jail in 5 years after the SEC buttfucks him for fraud.

>We should focus on curing all diseases and immortality first.
Well, here is your chance.
Why are you still here, bitching?

>A novelty blow torch
>Cars that BTFO any muscle car ever made
Sure thing, Oilshill.

Because if you bring people down to your level it does not require YOU to better yourself.

>What's the point of space colonies and exploration when I won't have any benefit from it
Space colonies won't let hordes of third worlders in, and will likely be like positive eugenics, only letting qualified people into space. Ergo, only those people will be allowed to live for all time, and the Earth can turn into a big shit hole where everyone poops in the water and dies of dysentery. Our generation and probably our children have to sacrifice to insure space isn't completely fucked by giving the current seven billion people eternal life before we can even get to Mars.

Thank god none of the problems on the earth get solved though

I will start tomorrow

He funds everything with tax-payer money. His only talent is lying to government officials to obtain subsidies.

But is it ok when the oil and farm companies do the same thing?

Not only he's part of Trump's administration he also proved he came from a shit hole country and could be only successful here

All these people downplaying white accomplishments.

Industry isn't about originality, it's about profitability. SpaceX' concepts aren't new but they are the only people to successfully employ them. People who boycott SpaceX/Tesla bitch and moan "MUH GUBBAMINT SUBSIDII". I'd rather have a Tech Company doing this than some Oil Company, the Boeing (the ultimate lobby shill) , or some other agency you people seem to universally support.

The fact that it’s being done as a private venture is the most significant aspect.

>her der he gets funding from NASA

Wtf are you even saying here? Musk blatantly lies to potential investors to secure capital to perpetute more lies to gain subsidies so he can continue to lie for more investment capital. Tesla is an absolute fucking failure. Space X ceases to exist without funds previously supplied to NASA and everything else Musk fucks around with is either unprofitable or just plain stupid. Eventually the govt funding will stop as it has in Holland and China (where he hasn't sold a single car since) and his companies will collapse and he'll be sought for defrauding investors.

Nope. Farmers are a great example of wasted subsidy funds. Oil companies do provide a return on investments and offer products that make money, however.

Do you have a single fact to back any of that up? Last I checked Rocket Technology, you had no choice but to accept Government interference. Its Federal law. Teslas stocks are only improving. His other products are still widely acclaimed.
I think your just a fucking Oil shill whose angry people won't buy your jewce once other companies start copying Tesla and saturating the market with battery power.

Like a nice influx of rapefugees :^)

Yes because those actually achieve something of note and without oil and farm companies you would not have anything in the world you have today, especially all the bullshit solar tech and electric cars.

I can't wait for Tesla to dissolve into irrelevancy when other car companies decide it's time to get real in the electric car scene

Explain how Tesla is successful.

The vast majority of SpaceX's revenue comes from commercial satellite launches you stupd fuck.

And Tesla is the only car company ever to repay the federal loans that were given to them.

The guy hasn't made profit on any single car yet, are you that dense?

Looks to me that you're a blabbering Tesla shill that overlooks common knowledge and falls for muh flamethrowers and absurdly overpaid pre-orders

>saturating the market with battery power
Lol!

>And Tesla is the only car company ever to repay the federal loans that were given to them.
TOP LEL

First of all they were given grants, shit that you don't have to pay off
Also you're wrong about SpaceX, it's the bitch of NASA and nothing else

Oh yeah, i just LOVE all the free particulate, NOx, SOx and polycyclic aromathic compounds that the oil and coal companies (((offer))) to my lungs.
Fuck off shill, environmental pollution is a violation of the NAP.

You do realize the batteries in those cars weighs more than AN ENTIRE OTHER CAR, right? The Model S weighs over 5000 pounds. That's literally 2 miatas stacked on top of each other with added weight.
>Inb4 it's faster than gas cars
The Tesla Roadster has a 0-60 time that doesn't include rollout (first five feet). If you include this rollout you get the same 0-60 as the Dodge Demon (which does include rollout). This car is cheaper than the proposed Roadster.
>Inb4 Much reliability
Tesla has never successfully done a lap around nurburgring due to the battery overheating and needing to be recharged. Any gas car can do multiple laps before needing a fill-up and has no overheating issues.
>Inb4 muh environment
The process used to make Lithium Batteries is much more polluting than making a gas car entirely. The Lithium is mined in third world countries (China) and shipped here for assembly. They literally have 80's tier machinery without any modern environmentally friendly systems implemented.
>Inb4 muh SpaceX
They still won't release the total cost of the project, and even if they do it won't count the first SpaceX launch that exploded.

TL;DR Tesla a shit and a liar.

Exactly. You don't see people sucking the Eleo car guy's dick for the privelege of buying shares because he actually requires deposits on car orders. He'll be jailed first but Musk wont be far behind. A dog can flop its paws around on a keyboard and place an obligation free order for a Tesla and Musk will run to investors with a new demand-for-product report. The SEC isn't going to ignore that forever.

Only african-american I approve.

Everytime a new product comes along, especially before its time, it is considered a failure or a gimmick or "over funded; (see, F-35)

Considering the machines are barely a decade in the making and have almost 100% opposition in the auto industry, it is surprising they've come this far. SpaceX has only delivered results. Children these days don't understand you have to break a few eggs.
But I'm glad Sup Forums despises any form of Oil alternative. Can't wait for the Ethnostate to be a wasteland.

Some parts of the historical launch will not be in history books.

Sorry pussy but nobody is working on a cure for your brand of faggotry, including Musk.

There were two different pads you dumb cunt. Go shill for the Chinese space program somewhere else.

>100 years
Try again short sighted millennial.

>Elon doesn't even care about profit, bro! He cares about the future of mankind!

>*proceeds to take billions in govt subsidies*

huh...

Nobody is going to space. Population of Africa will be 2 billion soon. Climate change and globalism will bring them all to europe. West is doomed.

He has no choice to accept Government oversight and subsidy when working with Rockets.
Rockets are considered Advanced Weapons and thus fall under Federal oversight. This is also why SpaceX doesn't employ non-americans.

Additionally, the compounds used to make the body lighter so the shitbox doesn't weigh 7000 pounds aren't repairable with standard garage practices. This means insurance companies have totaled cars for minor dents and body damage because repair estimates often ring in at 10-20 grand.

Two of his companys are at a turning point right now/soon:
>Tesla
It is all about Model 3/Gigafactory, if it works, Tesla will be huge soon, if it fails, Tesla fails.
>SpaceX
Will Falcon 9 FT be as reusable as planed?
Will BFR work at all or even be reuseable 1000 times?

However, I am not sure what the hell the Boring company is up to, at the moment they only sell overpriced blowtorches and modify a tunnel drilling machine.
Same goes for Hyperloop, they dont do much and their tests are not all that promising.

Me neither, I hope BFR will work and Musk will not abuse his monopoly.

Indeed, the first stage is the most expensive part of a roket, if you manage to reuse it without huge additional cost (looking at you Space Shuttle), you can launch way cheaper than with single use stages.

just want it to be known that the media is actively lightening musks skin and that he is actually black

Fuck off. Why is demand skyrocketing for chevy volts and nissan leafs?

i doubt the gov cares about electric cars im pretty sure they care about the battery research that comes with it.

You are so beyond wrong that I am not sure why I am even responding.

t. Engineer at Tesla

They won't have time with all the tribal wars those backwater savages are constantly having. Their culture is shit anyway. Look up the Bacha Bazi if you don't think muslims are savage subhumans.

*blocks humanity reaching the stars*

Someone fucked up the composite on the live webcast and they had two feeds of the same booster showing.
They fixed it in the final video they uploaded to YT.

Of course the retard thinks this minor human error is evidence that space doesn't exist, the earth is flat, etc.

>compounds used to make the body lighter
They use aluminium on Model S/X and steel on Model 3, just like pretty much any other car.
You can melt these down and reuse them.

DUUUUUUUUUUDE A CAR. IN SPACE. A FUCKING CAR IN -SPACE-
DUDE
FUCKING. SPACE.
THIS IS LITERALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT TECHNOLOGICAL ACHIEVEMENT IN HUMAN HISTORY
A FUCKING CAR IN FUCKING SPACE
LET THAT SINK IN
IN SPACE
A CAR
WOW
JUST
WOW
SPACE

But the thing is it's not a new product, same could be said for the combustion engine - if I recall correctly they both have been competing in a sense for around 100 years and yet one has completely obliterated the opposition on such a level that the only possibility for electric cars to be relevant and have some chance to sell is to get massive government help via grants, tax reliefs and literally forbidding gas and diesel cars from major cities by law in the coming years.

That all plus the major hype and media campaigns surrounding electric cars yet nothing can hide the fact that it's a dangerous, outdated technology that parasites off oil industry, environmentally damaging mining industry of Lithium and slave chink labor.

It's the equivalent of a Potemkin village - beautiful facade that holds no value

>has no choice but to take subsidies when working with rockets
And cars and flame throwers and batteries and solar panels and...

>be on Sup Forums
>belive (((them)))
stop being dumb

Dude he launched a rocket. He hasn’t actually DONE jack shit yet. Also space travel with conventional technology is absolutely worthless. It will be a thousand years before humans reach the stars.

>Ergo, only those people will be allowed to live for all time, and the Earth can turn into a big shit hole where everyone poops in the water and dies of dysentery.
So Andromeda got it right?

This is why we need to combine the technology of the white race withe the stoning techniques of Islam.

Ayo OP, HOL UP! So you be sayin that individualism is better than collectivism?

I honestly get what you're saying, it's a big deal. The problem is however, that until now the space race was done by governments which are notoriously bad at doing anything well, even really simple things. So improving on that is really not hard task if you have the funds.

What will matter long run is his competition, whoever else steps into the market so that capitalism can do its thing and let them compete against one another. That's when you'll see the real innovation kick in. So far he's really only done what's needed to beat the lowest of the low hanging fruit, the next step in this evolution is to let huge businesses compete against one another.

>Do you people realize this dude probably will be in history books 100 years from now ?
how much more can you overhype this guy
with all due respect, he is not a very remarkable figure
he is a good entrepreneur and probably a good engineer and the rocket stuff he does is fascinating, but the adulation and admiration he recieves is excessive
he provided nothing we did not already have: hope, reaching for the stars, a vision for the future of the human species, none of that. He simply provided a company that builds rockets. Which is good. But chill already.

You literally just have to look up and take some basic college level math courses to prove the current view of space. Inb4 (((math))): when you derive all the equations from fundamental logic, (((they))) have no influence on reality.

Sorry guys, I have to do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0

in 100 years we'll be back in the stone age and there will be no history books, thanks to your kind

>I have no idea why they test rokets with dummy payloads
To sum it up for you:
Sattelites are verry, verry expensive.
Rokets have a tendency to blow up during testing.
The archivement of SpaceX was not to launch a car into space, but to sucessfully launch a new launch vehicle for heavy payloads.

The car was not important for SpaceX, they just wanted something for people to look at, if the launch was sucessfull.

Sweet, so when soccermom backs into a Tesla at the grocery store your options are take it to an authorized Tesla bodyshop(?) take it to user's garage and see if he knows how to work with anything other than chink pigiron or just give the fuck up and melt the whole fucking thing down for scrap.

You are a child. Its called a Tech. demonstration.
That's why the Radio despite obliterating the TV competition in the 1930s-50s never lost its market dominance, right? Oil will NOT last forever.
I see nothing wrong with trying to get assistance setting up. Careful though, if theres no such thing as Peak Oil we might improve the worlds quality for nothing!

Probably not

>curing all diseases and immortality
Great plan there, Jurgen. Except you left africans already breeding like bacteria out of your equation. Last thing this planet needs is an ever-growing number of immortals.

Hes white. In the future 100% of white history will have been erased

>What's the point of space colonies and exploration when I won't have any benefit from it.
Nice boomer logic

>no argument
>t. Engineer at Tesla
okay then
great PR there champ!

Literally US government fundbaby because the americans are butthurt Russia is the one with working rockets and they are not.

Nothing historically worthy about doing what others have been doing for decades.

>Hehe I'll just say his argument is wrong! That'll show him!

You do realise that:
1. She/her insurance has to pay
2. The Model 3 is not different from other cars in that issue

All ready in the comic books 40 years ago

I support Elon in his ambitions to get us to space. I however am against Jeff bezos and I hope he is very angry that Elon has beaten him at the space game.

Elon Musk is literally a psyop to keep soyboys from checking out of society.
>hurrr i'm gonna go to mars

>the car was not important
It was to guy on the waiting list for that piece of shit. It'll be 5 years before Tesla can afford to make another one.

>Stem cells, nanobots, crispr and gen editing in general are more important for mankind right now.
call me back when you're turned into a genetically engineered monster slave, bucko
because that's the only place that tech is going

Just accept the fact that it's nothing but overhyped bullshit currently and for the next hundred years most definitely, your comparison is obsolete, hundred years have proven where the dominance is.

The only viable way where humanity ditches oil for, say, electricity is the hope of white man, if we lose the battle in this century, there is no future, because asians despite their high IQ are nothing but computers, they lack any kind of innovation.

Anyone who believes Le space car meme is a fucking idiot. Fakest shit I have EVER seen. And I actually believe in round earth, the moon landing, etc. But this shit isn’t real, it’s conditioning for future “disclosure.” You’re just too stupid to see it.

>It was to guy on the waiting list
It was a 1st generation roadster, owned by Musk himself.
They dont even make them anymore since 2012...

this