THERE ONCE WAS A MAN NAMED GOL D. ROGER

THERE ONCE WAS A MAN NAMED GOL D. ROGER

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MLTlH7KB0Xk
kotaku.com/one-piece-getting-a-live-action-tv-adaptation-1797118240
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That guy was a chump.

Well you fucked up what I was going for, so thanks for ruining it. You were suppose to say "WHO WAS KING OF THE PIRATES!"

Are the Straw Hats Pirates even looking for One Piece anymore?

This is why I don't give a fuck about One Piece. It's been years and they're still not even close.

Of course, they just have to follow the chain of islands to get to Raftel, or something like that. Not sure why you have to go in order, also I think only the poneglyphs will tell you how to get to Raftel so you need those to even find One Piece/Raftel. Raftel is the final island in the grand line though. What I never understood is the poneglyps are written in ancient tongue that very few people can read/understand, Robin is one of them and she is on Luffy's crew.

So how are the other pirates suppose to read it/translate it? From that perspective Robin is the most important crew member, if it wasn't for her they'd never find Raftel.

Only 10 more years, anons. They are still looking and making proogress

This last yea they made more progress then the last ten. They at least have a goal to work to now.

Thanks Kaiba.

YAYO YA YOO

They have 2/4 of the red poneglyphs which literally point to where it is.

The search will literally begin after the next big arc (Wano).

the story is 3/4 done. All they have to do is beat up the world government, take down the Yonkou, and figure out why the fuck it's so hard to find that One PIece

WHO WAS A RANDY OLD CODGER
HE'D HANG ROUND THE SCHOOLS
HE'D YANK AND HE'D PULL
ON HIS JOLLY OLD TODGER!

If there is a poneglyph in Wano then they'll have 3/4 of it, I'd be surprised if there isn't one in Wano. I'm really interested to see some Zoro character development in Wano, wonder if he'll get a new sword or learn some more techniques. I mean it is a fucking nation of samurai, surely Zoro will get something out of it.

Did Roger make regular trips to this island at the end of the world to hide his stuff?

YO HO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM GUM

>not even close
Do we even read the same manga?

It's Gold Roger, and he was a devil.

>So how are the other pirates suppose to read it/translate it? From that perspective Robin is the most important crew member, if it wasn't for her they'd never find Raftel.

Yeah, Oda didn't really give much thought to that. I think you can get there just by navigating normally, but it's more difficult. It really sounds like that was Oda's plan from the beggining, but then he realized that it should be a reason for Luffy to face the Yonko so he introduced the map poneglyphs.

There's also the fact that I find too hard to believe that only one person in the world can read the poneglyphs. WG doesn't have that much of a hold in the New World, they couldn't pull an Ohara in the middle of WB's territory, for example. There's also the fact that Roger could understand them without reading, with his hearing the voice of all things, an ability that other characters have shown, and now he also introduced the 3 eyed people.

HE WAS KING OF THE PIRATES

HE HAD FAME, POWER, AND WEALTH, BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS

Actually you're wrong it's Gol D. Roger, and secondly I think it's funny how we have no idea how strong those guys are. Would you say they're stronger than a Yonkou/Admiral? Also I wonder if they have devil fruit abilities or some special technique.

BEFORE THEY HUNG HIM FROM THE GALLOWS THESE WERE THE FINAL WORDS HE SAID

>the final big bad will have the mizu mizu no mi

Anyone else?

MY FORTUNE IS YOURS FOR THE TAKING, BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO FIND IT FIRST

4kids dub was the dub Wan Piss deserved, aka garbage

I LEFT EVERYTHING I OWN IN ONE PIECE

I have been wondering about a water devil fruit, we've seen just about every other element except water so I'm sure it'll make an appearance eventually. Well, we also haven't seen a wind devil fruit either, though some believe Monkey D. Dragon can control the wind/weather. If so then that's an OP as fuck devil fruit power, especially if you can control the weather.

So if Gold Roger was so tough and his first mate can literally manhandle an admiral without breaking a sweat why didn't they wipe out the Marine top brass which would level the playing field for future pirates considerably.

Instead he apparently suicided by cop and that was it.

And Silvers is literally sitting around doing jack shit.

And who were his top crewmembers, which were no doubt powerhouses in their own right?

We only know of Silvers and that irrelevant doctor. Shanks and Buggy were still small fries back then.

Finally the Black Sails replacement we deserve

Maybe we will meet more of Roger's crew as the series continues, you never know.

He's got nothing on the Man from Nantucket

EVER SINCE THAT DAY PIRATES FROM ALL OVER THE GRAND LINE HAVE SET SAIL IN SEARCH OF ONE PIECE THE TREASURE THAT WOULD MAKE THEIR DREAMS COME TRUE!

youtube.com/watch?v=MLTlH7KB0Xk

If Luffy can't swim, why doesn't he just stretch his legs to the bottom of the ocean

## ## #######
## ## ## ##
#### ## ##
## ## ##
## ## ##
## ## ##
## #######

YO!!!! YA YO YA YOOOOOOO!!!

Because coming into contact with sea water automatically makes him very weak, it's that way for any devil fruit user. It also prevents them from using their devil fruit abilities as well.

speeD. reader-kun pls pay attention, swimming is not the problem, sea water weakens them just touching it saps them of their strength thats how sea stone cuffs can stop people who can literally turn into things or other elements, they could easily swim in baths and freshwater.

BIG BAD BOYS FROM OUTER SPACE

That is gay and One Piece is gay

I love when anons who hate One Piece come into One Piece threads to say anything. I just hope they filter the mango threads. You might as well filter this OP since it shows up from time to time.

UL-TI-MATE MUSCLE!!

>2010
wtf who thought this rap opening was a good idea ewww We Are is so much better
>2017
HIS NAME'S ZOLO HE'S JUST LIKE A SAMURAI AND A L-A-D-Y NAMI'S NOT SHY
USOPP'S DOING THAT MARKSMAN THING
SANJI'S COOKING AND CHOPPER'S DOCTERING

I kind of wish 4kids had the dub just a little longer so I could see how they dealt with Franky in general

YAYO YAYO YAYO HO HO

You just reminded me of something. A long while back, someone told me that apparently 4kids didn't want to deal with an arc where Luffy & the gang visit an island full of trannys, so during some sort of storm that was supposed to shipwreck them there, Luffy all of a sudden fires a canon and completely destroys the island and they sail through the entire place without having seen it.

Thing is, I swear I saw a video of this on youtube once, but I can't find it, and the last time I brought it up someone called me crazy.

Am I crazy?

I want to how 4kids would have handled Amazon Lily-Marineford.

ROBIN'S CHECKING OUT A RUIN
FRANKY'S NAILIN' THAT WOOD AND SCREWIN'
BROOK AIN'T MAKIN THE CROWD BOOIN'

That never happened. There is a tranny island but only Sanji's been there, and he didn't blow it up, know matter how much he wanted to.

I can't object to this.

No way they would have gotten this far since 4Kidz went bankrupt well before Sanji went to an island with new halfs or Ivankov was introduced in Impel Down.

It must have been some crazy good editing then. Cause I swear there was a video. I just can't find it anymore.

I'm pretty sure they censored Bon Clay since he was very flamboyant and didn't wear pants. It might have just been someone joking around. It's true 4kidz were over their head with a lot of the series they picked but nothing like what you described happened in the manga until 2012.
I hope you can revisit the video to see what was on it.

All of those questions are answered in the manga and the thing with Robin is that the world government banned the reading of the ancient language to prevent people from reading the poneyglyphs. They even went as far as to destroy an entire island full of scholars studying it to so no one would read them. Wouldn't be weird for them to go hunt down other people who can read and kill them too. There is also a clan of samurais in wano kingdom who have been passing down the knowledge on how to read them but they were killed by kaido. Robin is the only known person right now in the story who can read them, but it wouldn't be weird to find others later down the road who can as well. As for what would other pirate crews would do, that is simple. They hunt and kidnap robin making the strawhats a big target for anyone who has been able to gather poneglyphs.

You have to realize though that the existence of the poneglyphs are suppose to be secret and not many pirate crews even know about them. Reaching the end of the grandline is not going to take you to raftel. At the final island you learn about the ancient kingdom and about the ponelyphs. From there you have to backtrack and find the glyphs because you need four specific ones to tell you the location of raftel. Strawhats were lucky they talked to crocus at the start and got that information.

THERE ONCE WAS A MAN NAMED ONE PIECE

>water devil fruit
I recalled some chick use a water power in the 2nd movie.

No you're thinking of when they meet Laboon, a giant whale
They photoshopped a big iceberg where Laboon should have been and then Luffy shot it with the cannon, destroying it and skipping an entire mini-arc that introduced a major character and the plot for the next 60 or so episodes, as well as the entire reason one of the Strawhats even joins the crew
They did this so they could reach the animal mascot character faster to sell merch

Not canon.

Sure but you don't see dup fruit for a reason.

>THERE ONCE WAS A MAN NAMED GOL D. ROGER
yeah but what ethnicity was he

*Gold Roger

I am not reading and watching a fucking decade of shitty autism and cartoons.

Who is Gold Roger and what is "one piece"?

>Who is Gold Roger
Old pirate king that was the biggest dick around until he caught supercancer and turned himself in
>what is one piece
A carrot on a stick that he set up to inspire a new generation to take to the seas as pirates

So one piece is literally nothing but the "adventure" of seeking it?

Nah Oda confirmed it's something tangible, and not something retarded like friendship or adventure (granted though Luffy doesn't really care about the actual treasure itself and just wants to adventure)
It's probably a shitload of gold and information on why there's an entire century of history that's just completely missing 800 years before the story starts

>there's an entire century of history that's just completely missing 800 years before the story starts

Ok I'll just rattle them off
>the whole world is just a simulation in a computer game
>everyone had advanced technology but some kind of intelligent virus killed off 99% of the world population and everyone destroyed everything remotely advanced and they started over
>they are space faring race that plopped on a planet and lost all their cool space junk so the living colonists decided it was best to start simple
>humanity made a pact with a demon that wiped out all technology from a space faring civilization

You don't just lose your history on a global scale.

There's been hints about what happened but not too much
The World Government covers it up hard and the plot's about some dumb asshole adventuring right now, not uncovering mysteries

Well?
Who was it?

Gold Roger, Kaiba just told you
Keep the fuck up

How many more time skips do you think we are gonna see?
Are the main crews descendants going to be the ones to find the one piece?

kotaku.com/one-piece-getting-a-live-action-tv-adaptation-1797118240

Korean OP opening was really nice

Are they world Nobles?

I'm fully expecting the story of the WG to be something like "People think it was 20 v 1 against the , but actually it was 1 + the rest of the world vs 20 kingdoms and we still won"

what is the biggest asspull in One Piece?

CHOPPER'S DOCTORING

>final chapter of one piece
>it just says "My final chapter? If you want it, I'll let you have it. Look for it, I left it at that place!
>- o D. a

and thus a new age of piracy begins.

Damn, how can this op be so good?

10/10

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN???!

The Going Merry

Fucking hated that. I still cried though