Was it really that bad? Do the people who hate this hate Ranma 1/2 as well?

Was it really that bad? Do the people who hate this hate Ranma 1/2 as well?

Yes, it was really that bad.
Ranma was an episodic comedy. Inuyasha wasn't. Apples and oranges.
Ranma was a great show. Inuyasha sucks

My cousin liked it. I saw a few of the movies and they weren't too bad. Maybe you can try to watch a few eps yourself.

It did a lot to differentiate itself from other shonen. The pacing just sort of falls apart after 30 episodes.

It dragged on way too long. Not enough comedy. Ranma was so much better.

Inuyasha boypussy.

Inuyasha was written to be "darker" than Ranma and Urusei, makes sense there's less comedy.

I'm actually currently rewatching it. It's not TERRIBLE, the music is fantastic and the characters (for the most part) are likeable, especially side characters like Rin and Jinenji.

But they fall into the Rumiko Takahashi character tropes where main guy is embarrassed of his feelings and won't admit it, main girl gets mad for no rational reason and acts like a psycho, and it takes too long for them to get together. You KNOW they'll end up together, so it's just annoying, no actual tension.

It's very repetitive and that can be super distracting when you've hit the fifth filler episode in a row (yes Inuyasha in the modern age was cute the first time, not the seventh, no I don't care that Souta is going to confess to a girl in his grade this episode is boring, give me another episode about Rin goddamnit)

7/10. Nostalgia definitely bumps it up, but it's worth at least one watch.

I actually like it enough, just stay away from filler episodes and movies.

I didn't like Ranma at all. The premise is wonderful but the actual story is just status quo is god up to infinity.
Though slow, things do actually happen and progress in Inuyasha.

It's nice and comfy.
If you wanted to see some major shake up when it comes to relationship dynamics then you should watch a oneshot movie or ova or short anime.
This show was about giving people some gentle magical stories to watch.
Only thing I disliked was the whole "NARAKU DID IT!! NARAKU IS BEHIND EVERYTHING!!!" thing that just got so fucking boring.
It's a show you can watch over and over again.

It was trash

We have a thread about Inuyasha every so often. It's fine. It's not great. If you haven't watched it, give it a shot; you'll either like it or cast it aside as average at best because of how slow things move. It's a show that gets a boost from nostalgia and is pretty familiar to the west since it was an Adult Swim show. Not a groundbreaking show like I said, but it left a mark on a lot of people and was pretty recognizable.

The manga felt more like Ranma 1/2 with the comedic moments. The anime had a more serious tone. I can appreciate both but I hated all of that filler.

Certainly not a contender for best anime ever, but I rewatched it a couple of months Avon and found it surprisingly entertaining, a few boring fillers here and there notwithstanding. The pace is really slow tho, to the point that Kanketsu-Hen's pace feels weird after watching the previous ~150 episodes.

Too much filler but otherwise pretty good.

I haven't finished it yet but I'm more than halfway through. It's a 7/10 so far. It gets a few points docked because the pacing really tarnishes its enjoyment. Maybe it's the filler or just the storytelling in general (both?) but it's too slow, any progression the characters make towards their goal takes so long.

Ranma anime was episodic nature so the large amount of filler didn't really hurt it.

I like it

>tfw InuYasha threads get immediate hate while Naruto/Boruto Generals get to 500 posts every single time and basically have a General on Sup Forums 24/7
>in the past, if you made a Naruto thread, you were banned
>in the present, if you try to criticize a Naruto/Boruto thread at all, you are banned within minutes

I'm not saying InuYasha is good, but it's clear that Naruto is worse by far.

Sup Forums (and Sup Forums at large) suffered a mass influx of (mostly) reddit newcomers last year. I bet that 70% -at minimum- of Sup Forums has never seen anyone getting b& for posting a Naruto thread.

the dub (which was most people's first exposure to it) was truly awful, and it suffers from the same old RTakahashi "nothing fucking happens ever for 800 episodes" disease that all of her other stuff does

that said, the movies were enjoyable, and I expect that a "tl;dr" version of the show with all the fucking filler cut out would be a pretty decent rewatch too

it helped a lot that naraku was a legitimately good villain

watching the first airing of this on adult swim was actually my gateway anime, so I've got a soft spot in my heart for the show

the music was also exceptionally good for the type of show it was

sango best girl

ranma anime sucked ass

There were barely any girls in the show....sango being the best one (which is true) was hardly a competition.

Four: Kagome, Kikyo, Sango and Kagura. And it can be argued that Kagome and Kikyo count as one.

Somehow ranks keeps getting new doujin. My dick is thankful

I love this opening sequence even though akane is probably worst girl in all everything

>But they fall into the Rumiko Takahashi character tropes where main guy is embarrassed of his feelings and won't admit it, main girl gets mad for no rational reason and acts like a psycho, and it takes too long for them to get together. You KNOW they'll end up together, so it's just annoying, no actual tension.
>It's very repetitive and that can be super distracting when you've hit the fifth filler episode in a row
So it is terrible

Kind of weird to think how this thing was Naruto-levels of popular in the early 2000s, considering how non-existent the fanbase is these days.

kagome, yura, kikyou, sango, kagura, rin, that one female wolf, kagome's mother, and her friends

>yes Inuyasha in the modern age was cute the first time, not the seventh, no I don't care that Souta is going to confess to a girl in his grade this episode is boring, give me another episode about Rin goddamnit
Season 4 is literally filler. The manga goes straight from Naraku leaving the castle to the band of seven. Still doesn't excuse the pacing but if you cut all the unnecessary bullshit the overall episode count drops about 20.
Not the best anime but one of my favorites for entry level.

Kaede

I've only seen the first two seasons, they were pretty cool, what goes wrong?

>Was it really that bad?
Yes, it was.

>Do the people who hate this hate Ranma 1/2 as well?
Yes, it's Ranma and Akane bullshit into a shonenshit universe over again.

Rumiko is a terrible writer.

And Sesshomaru's mom and the albino loli.

I wish the art style stayed this way.

I think Inuyasha ended ten years ago so that helps.

Say thanks to the tripfags who made this possible, I hate those fuckers with passion.

it was cute and everything about it worked. it just went on for too long and was really repetitive.

how many jewel fragments did there end up being anyways?

well they lost them all again at one point and had to start over, don't recall the exact number offhand or whether they actually completed the jewel due to shards keeping various people alive and all

>this board had gradually stopped rabidly attacking namecunts and tripshitters on sight, in some cases even welcoming them
it's a dark day in hell

NIPMOOT, ENABLE FORCED user AND THROW AWAY THE PASSWORD ALREADY YOU ASSHOLE

Sometimes trips are necessary/useful if the person is using it correctly (when publishing translations or whatever) so I wouldn't get rid of it. I think anons aren't as aggressive towards abusers because when there's an argument it usually derails the thread unfortunately.

>Ranma 1/2
I hate Ranma because its too close to transhit

I recently rewatched it.

It's an okay show for the first bit. A little bit annoying, but nothing to horrible.

And then fucking Naraku shows up, and the entire show collapses in on itself. Any sense of progress in the show GRINDS. TO. A. FUCKING. HALT. And it's not that it doesn't try to move forward, it just fucking can't.

The anime ending made a lot of people mad until years later the sequel got made finally ending it.

That's not the problem. You are literally banned on Sup Forums if you degrade tripfags or Naruto posters. It's not that people don't call them out. They're just ignored, the posts are removed by mods, and tripfags keep tripfagging while Narutofags keep hauauing or whatever.

>Ranma was a great show

First season was really good and second was okay, after that it gets kinda boring, except the episodes with the "le dirty old man" because those were just straight up shit.

It was a serialized story with no character development for the longest time. The story was basically Naraku keeping himself on fucking life support.