I'd like to get into Gundam and when looking at all the different series it looks very confusing and intimidating...

I'd like to get into Gundam and when looking at all the different series it looks very confusing and intimidating, can someone tell me where to start? I'd like to do it in release order but I have heard the timeline skips around so is there a chronological list I can refer to in case I get lost?

go that way and ask the same question

Thank you!

>>>/m
Go to to them instead.
/m actually cares about helping people. /a Is just a hell of shitposts.

There's this amazing place called Google, try it out.

Turn a gundam

Start with Mobile Suit Gundam, Z, then ZZ.

Just watch UC. All AU Gundam is shit. Even Turn A and G. Avoid Unicorn too as it's basically an AU style story in the UC and pure Zeon dinduism. Just watch 0079 (series or movies, your call), Zeta, ZZ, Victory and 0080. F91 is incomprehensible because it was originally suppoed to be a TV series. CCA is shit but has some rad MS design. 0083 is garbage and has literally the worst character in the entire franchise. A lot of people like 08th but I think it's kind of boring and overrated; just watch the Gouf scene and be done with it.

This is out of date but it's all i have. Also, go to the gundam wikia and read up on some of the timeline shit. It's not that hard to get in to.

I would suggest just watching in production order. If you think too hard about the different timelines and what not you'll just confuse yourself.

This is a troll char don't pay attention to it.

Gundam series consist of 2 major part: Universal Centuries (UC) and others. It's ok for you to start on either one, they barely related.

If you pick UC watch Gundam Trilogy movies and Gundam Origin, then decide if you want to expand.
If you pick others then pick whatever suit your taste, Gundam 00 in your post is recommended by me.

Ignore this wannabe cool kid.

Spotted the Ninafag.

here is the current chart, be warned the fandom is EXTREMELY divided on pretty much every aspect.

>Nationalistic Gundam designs look strang and sometimes racist
Fuck off with this stupid chart.

Absolutely garbage chart.

>Gundam Wing
>plot breaks down in favor of character development
Yeah, great character development like the Trowa amnesia subplot that takes up a good chunk of the series and exists purely as fujobait. Wing has some of my favorite MS design and some great waifus (Une and Noin) and one great character (Treize) but is complete shit in every other aspect.

if you want the 'original' gundam experience, watch
MSG (the film trilogy) -> Zeta Gundam (the series - the films are bad) -> Char's Counterattack.

CCA is a bit rough but it completes the story that started in the first show.

Then you can preview other shows and pick something that seems fun to you.

I'm at the episode 25 of ZZ but i'm really itch to drop it, should i?

Don't listen to this user. The films cut out a lot of the original series and are awfully paced. Also you shouldn't skip ZZ.

Great chart, helped me get into Gundam.

Turn A isn't AU faggot.

This is the newest chart.

This, but it's okay to skip ZZ. ZZ is a noncanon gag anime.

If you don't want to be a purist, start with SEED. /m/ hates it because it's a great reboot of UC without the dated awkwardness. Then you can go back and watch the classics and laugh at how terrible they are.

Supposedly it gets good exactly after that point

Just because it has Zaku and Kapool doesn't make it UC.

Twilight Axis is such a letdown at 3 minute episodes.

The plot to save Judau's sister drags on forever but it picks up a lot near the end of that and then from there onward. A lot of the events before then are unlike 0079 and Zeta so if you were expecting more of the same there, you went in with the wrong mindset.

F91 is shit on the first viewing and bretty gud on the second. Makes me wish we had a Crossbone adaptation since the manga's artstyle is FUCKING SHIT

>every single series is "regarded as a low point in the Gundam franchise". You might want to get the non-troll version, pal.

>/a Is just a hell of shitposts.
>Sends him to /m/

/m/ is almost literally run by shitposting trips because they have like a single lazy janitor and no mods. There's been a guy shitting up the gunpla thread literally every day for over 2 years now.

makes me want to get an F91 ova first desu. Unicorn animation quality.

Fuck that, give me MSVR adaption.

>There are people who don't want to see Johnny Ridden in a super overhauled gelgoog himo vs Yazan in a Gaplant + newtype loli in a biosensor heavy gundam.

/m/ has good discussions in low key threads but they're slow as shit. OP should at least give it a try.

>newtype loli
Is she the girl that's in Twilight Axis?
Also, I kind of like the idea of Ridden being the hidden cool MC of the Gundam manga-verse.

Ehh, maybe an OVA sequel to F91 showing the fall of Cosmo Babylonia.

The only Gundam show you need is Build Fighters. It's not weighted down by decades of bloated lore and muh deep philosophic worldviews. It just accepts what it is, a series of 25 minute long commercials for little toy robots

> far future of UC
>somehow not UC
Whatever you say user.

I really want someone murder that faggot Judau but a /m/anchild told me he live to the old age.

>Is she the girl that's in Twilight Axis?

No, shes the girl who basically wants to be the new crimson lightning and copied his paint job. She's being mentored by Yazan who rejoined the EF.

He jurry rigs the ZZ gundam with a trash heap and fights Ideon with the spirit of cosmos.
Apparently Uso also meets him at some point.

The last we see of him is he's an old ass man who fucks off out of the solar system with a colony modified into a ship full of newtypes who are basically all sick of putting up with the Earth Sphere's constant fighting and bullshit.

He still had the ZZ too, although its called the "Gump" now and barely works after all the repairs done to it. The forehead cannon is basically just a dom's beam scattering gun in output now.

Fuck you, Beecha.

>Yazan who rejoined the EF
So that fucker did survive after all.

That's really cool, he's still a faggot though.

Literally every series other than Build Fighters would be UC then.

You say that as if a large portion of the Gundam fandom doesn't unironically believe that.

Years ago, this chart was more meaningful, now it's just a parody because too many faggots have modified it to push their stupid tastes.

>Gundam X one of the best show in franchise
>Everthing is regarded as a low point in the Gundam franchise.

Yeah, right, sure.

Apart this idiocy, finding a shared opinion on the Gundam series is quite impossible on Sup Forums. For everyone who says that a show is good, there will always be someone else who comes to complain.