O my rubber nen is the biggest asspu-

O my rubber nen is the biggest asspu-

Still had the voice of a middle aged woman doing a poor impersonation of a ten year old boy.

Damnit Japan. The fuck is wrong with ya'll.

i dont think pic related is an asspull because i just pretend he died in my head, as he should have

This was just the stupidest thing i've ever seen in a shounen.

I don't watch or read HunterxHunter, can someone clue me in to the particulars of this surprising screencap?

a game of rock paper scissors gone horribly wrong

MC does something that was already explained to be possible multiple times in the series.
He was said to have pretty much infinite talent, if not being the most talented human ever. Sacrifices his future for a moment of strength putting him in a coma on life support with no possible way to heal him
The real asspull is his BFFs little brother/sister (it's a trap or something) easily cures him with no downside using powers that have no explanation or precedent

Neat.

>has abilities of sticking stuff together and making stuff rubbery
>oh yeah I can bring myself back to life too

>infinite talent,

Im sorry what?

only asspull was how he survived

>He was said to have pretty much infinite talent, if not being the most talented human ever
This has never once been mentioned by anyone in the series. You're retarded.

>pitou o my rubber nens literally right after
>nobody says anything
>hisoka does it
>everybody spams it on Sup Forums

This and O my rubber is well within the establish confines of nen. The only asspull is Alluka's no consequence god wishing powers.

i think there actually is going to be a consequence considering the dark continent it was brought pretty soon afterwards. I dont think people should be jumping to conclusion.

Oh my Rubber nen was an asspull on a system that was already established. Pitou could've turned into a fucking dragon and it would make some sense, given how the ants work.

Why doesn't everybody do this if they're in a fight they cant win?

Why doesn't Killua do the same? In a matter of fact why doesn't Killua just ask to have all his power without repercussions?
>b-but we don't know Nanika limitations
No, faggot, in this case we do, Nanika by touching anything can grant a wish that ignores any rule set by nen, hence Killua can just become the strongest person in the world by just wishing it without a single repercussion.

Pretty much this. What's the real asspull is Killua having a pocket genie with infinite wishes who could have solved the entire thing in like a minute

I am sorry are you asking why doesn't everyone make it so they can never fight again, use nen and be in a coma so they can win one match? Not only that you are also assuming the enemy will give you the time to transform and not be taken away mid transformation. Is that right champ? Is that what you are asking?

Blow your brains out for being this retarded. This was a desperate move caused by a kid who lost control and the enemy was completely taken a back by what was happening.

You know, Pitou is still death, the rule is "nen stronger after death"... "AFTER DEATH" it's not a Dragon Ball Z powerup like it is now thanks to Hisoka.

Conviction and emotion play a big part also.

This is the problem I have with this series, shouldn't any decent fighter be able to become a perfect kamikaze against any world threat like the ant king? Just use strict conditions like 1 hit kill against anyone in exchange for your life and you're golden.

Not him, but he just fucking said "if they're in a fight they cant win," by which I assume he meant to the death.

I don't get why people bitch about Gon's transformation when Kurapika's chain shit is worse.

I mean really. A 2 minute power boost in exchange for a very slow and agonizing death and even if you survive by some alien mutant granting a wish on you then you lose Nen forever.

How can you compare that to a guy that created a technique that can instantly kill someone he doesn't like?
On top of that, it has no limitations and the conditions work and HIS favor.

>B-Buh, he can only kill the Troupe with it

Before this whole Kurapika Bourne plot went down, his entire plot REVOLVES around killing the Troupe. High Level Nen users who's been using Nen for about a decade that can easily be killed by a teenager that just learn Nen a few months ago.

rubber nen is an asspull. Gon's covenant was not an asspull

It was hilariously writing, killua is said to deeply care about her, but he convieniently never thought about his brother after all this time until togashi needed an asspull.

Show is filled with plotholes like this
>What the fuck is nen?
>Oh look, it's my grandpa's signature magic dragon move

To be fair, didn't he stop his heart and restart it when DIO was like sniffing out his body in the earlier fight? They at least foreshadowed SP being able to do this but it's still bullshit.

I assume it's because Kurapika didn't just create that by instinct on the spot when he needed to.

Just because you're experienced doesn't mean you still can't get your shit kicked in by somebody who has been working around the clock to hunt you down and is super autistic about it and was min/maxing to build perfect counters

Kurapika is a main character. If you actually think his only role is for Phantom Troupe revenge, then you obviously haven't been paying attention to the previous 2 arcs.

It's not something that you can just do whenever. Maybe if you were like Pika and Chimera Ants murdered everyone you knew and loved you could make a restriction power that works specifically against ants.
In Gon's case he had a massive grudge against Pitou so it makes sense there, plus we've seen that his power is related to his emotion.

Also Gon is a child and used his potential as a sacrifice. Most people wouldn't be able to do this because they're already adults and it's not like they have the potential to grow many times stronger than they already are.

N-NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT'S FORESHADOWED BECAUSE THEY SAID DC ENTITIES ARE POWERFUL

What about this one?

O my rubber nen gets spammed because of niggastream's translation

Bleach had a worse asspull than o my rubber nen

They'll obviously shelve Alluka because having a free wish genie for a main character is going to cause problems down the line

Goku using Hakai was the biggest asspull of any recent manga

>Expecting Killua or Ging or someone to make a huge sacrifice to save Gon
>muh oniichan
Y

I mean that's basically the same shit Gon did right?
But then he got his powers back because??? I don't remember Kubo is a hack

Killua isn't relevant at the moment

>Ichigo will NEVER get his nen back guys!

Zetsu ripping Madara's body.

OH MY GOD

As did fairy tail

But it's fucking dumb.

Let's say if a Nen user doesn't like a world leader. All he needs to do is do the same shit Kurapika did and find a way to get close to him. I can imagine millions of people(especially those in poverty) that would sacrifice a cool and useful power for a psychic insta-death chain on a specific target.

Fairy Tail runs on asspull and it wasn't even the fun kind of asspull.

This post made me think a lot about something, why there's no something as "bomb" nen users, you know, ""loyal"" soldiers that can do the same as Gon by brain washing or not even that but similar other methods that just require training like any other soldier, for example, the guy that died in the last chapter of HxH, he could have easily do the same with the mindset he had.
>b-but he didn't know that was possible
NEITHER DID GON
THIS SERIES IS FUCKING BULLSHIT
But I like it, I just dislike the fans wanking over it.

When was this? post the panel.

We don't talk about Fairy Tail here, aside from the ecchi content.

SP stopping time with za wardo was a bigger asspull

Probably the biggest asspull ever.

How's this an asspull, but Jotaro restarting his heart without any brain damage isn't?

man, Kid from Kid n' Play got JACKED

Besides the emotional and base strength required (requiring you to be one of the few people who learns nen to a certain level in the first place) you also have to have the potential for it. It could happen sure but it would be a really rare case and I'm sure world leaders have strong nen user bodyguards.

It's implied that the needle Illumi stuffed into his head pretty much sealed away those thoughts.

He just made a nen-contract.

Considering the price he set and the emotional rampage he was going through it makes sense that he was allowed to age himself for like a 3 minutes.

The stronger the price you set on yourself, the stronger the nen, he was prepared to outright kill himself to fuck Pitou.

Like everyone else is saying Killua's pet Genie was the real asspull. Didn't help that Gon no-sold the entire emotional traumatic experience he had the moment he got healed.

How is that an asspull when everybody knew something like that was going to happen the moment Goku got a magic button?
I don't know how you don't think Zamasu turning into an adobe photoshop wallpaper wasn't a bigger asspull

This, Goku's "magic button", and Zamusu's world consuming ability were all asspulls

I don't see how Nostalgiafags can defend all the bullshit in Super when there's objectively better anime/manga out there.

You're vastly overestimating how easy it is for some random jackass to even become a nen user in the first place, and you are simultaneously underestimating how hardcore hunters are supposed to be.

"Some guy" is never going to have the nen potential to easily kill a world leader. And for a Hunter, killing a world leader is most likely a waste of their time and just a huge liability, they actually have more important shit to do. The Phantom Troupe are upper tier Hunter material, and they exterminated pretty much the entire mob leadership that was in control of multiple governments as an afterthought to help their other goals.

Asspull or not, how can anyone take that serious?

He probably has some brain damage

Yeah it's like saying "if someone got their hands on guns and explosives and threw their life away they could totally kill a world leader, why hasn't anyone aloha snackbarred Trump or Putin or whoever yet this is totally unrealistic".

It was cool so I'll allow it.

Very easily.

>that hair

>when there's objectively better anime/manga out there
I don't watch Super, and it's probably terrible, but what sort of a reason even is this? "Why are you defending this show if it's not even the best thing ever made?"

>he

Killua probably got one free wish for all the kindness he showed Alluka, if he wants more he'll likely have to pay. Or at least it will likely be retconned that way.

Because not everybody has the talent of 1 in 10.000.000

this..

this isn't even an asspull.

>rubber clown now can make body parts out of rubber and turn them into real

Yes. Super has #1 sales for both it's anime and manga so nostalgiafags literally think this shit is the best shonen to come out of Japan.

>Super has #1 sales for both it's anime and manga
No, it doesn't, what the fuck?

But Nanika is one of those reality bending spooky smoke monsters from the DC

Ties nicely into how fucking nuts the DC is desu

That genie girl was bullshit. I didn't care about rubber nen or Gon's powerup, but Killua's evil genie sister who healed Gon at no cost? Stupid convenient power out of nowhere.

>Super has #1 sales for both it's anime and manga
????????

It was a subversion of power ups, which by their very nature are often abrupt and "asspulls". Even then it doesn't contradict anything before it, it just adds concepts.

Instead of finding a way to become stronger through training or having to "sacrifice" his current power for a boost, Gon destroys his future potential and is left in a horrific, near death state afterwards. There is no elation or joy as he powers up, the entire event is strange and disturbing to look at. There is no real "fight", Gon slaughters his opponent. The entire beatdown he gives Pitou is shameful and sad to watch, there isn't anything "cool" happening.

and even as he seemingly wins and walks away, his headless, dead opponent rises up and easily rips one of his arms off which shatters the image of this perceived untouchable, unstoppable force. Yet again however, Gon ends this new event in a single blow with his own detached arm screaming out in agony (unrelated to his injury).

I mean he's even crying at one point

If you take the scene, and the whole series by that point, at face value then you'll miss out on a lot.

It doesn't matter at all in the end because there was no consequences.

>Goku's "magic button",
It literally wasn't. Zamasu is though.

I think the "cost" will be Alluka's future requests.

They'll be gigantic and maybe won't be able to fulfill.

She wouldn't request anything from anyone. Killua told her to only request for him

nips are stubborn shits that refuse to ever change VAs. if you want a man to portray a character, they need to be introduced as a man. if they start off as a boy, they will ALWAYS have the voice of a woman.

Oh yeah, but does it change the rule of the requests?

Bigger wish = bigger future request

But she wouldn't request anything from anyone. She wouldn't grant anyone's wish besides killua

So, by doing that, she not only makes wishes just to Killua but also bypasses the requests?

Now that's bullshit

That's the point. Sorry it flew over your head

Someone could make a request if they were controlling Killua. There would still be no consequences since technically Killua would be the one requesting it

the whole chimera ant arc is full of o my rubber nens.

>The shitstorm that followed, fuelled by a huge ass hiatus

The best Sup Forums threads in a long time.

>O MY KAITO NEN
>O MY ONIICHAN NEN

Not everyone has the insane talent that Gon has nor do they have his suicidal conviction.

would it alluka pull rather oh my rudder nen.

Why are you replying to me? Do you not understand what that image is conveying?

Jojo was dumb in many spots, but at least it was very entertaining. I had good laugh while watching this scene handle itself.

>One of the best moments in a shonen
>Biggest asspull

That label belongs to Alluka faggot, don't hate on my favorite scene.

Wait, but doesn't that mean an 'AI' being, a species from the DC being befriended?

It's effectively a means to display what would happen if an expedition was a sucess. Just contained to Killua's wishes.