Yeah you guys sure like this anime

Yeah you guys sure like this anime.

Huh okay, let's see you explain why you like Monogatari without talking about the pretty pictures or the "lewds".

Tell me why Monogatari's plot is good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e6hqNQJRGDI?t=10
youtube.com/watch?v=p0TOUpl1ADU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

sayge

countersage

>Tell me why this visual medium is good
>EXCEPT you can't say it looks good

surely you can tell me why you're so invested in the story that' you'd come back to it week after week

I speak only for myself. I like the character dynamics and development.
youtu.be/e6hqNQJRGDI?t=10

The character interactions are genuinely enjoyable. I could listen to these characters talk to eachother for days.

I have the courage to like monogatari

because bake was well directed and interesting,

and everything after it is fanservice and meandering bullshit that shits on everything good in the series

when did second season stop existing?

Characters change throughout the series in different ways, not always for the better. The overarching plot is complex and full of mystery but isn't convoluted or contrived. Isin knows how to use symbolism with actual meaning. Plus, the show doesn't treat the viewer as though they're retarded.

> let's see you explain why you like Monogatari
There are so many reasons why I like it. For example this little vampire is one of the best characters in anime.

I'm watching Bako for the first time. I've tried it several times before but this time I actually got to Nadeko Snake and it just sort of clicks.

It is incredibly lazy writing to just have your characters randomly narrate their life stories, but it's interesting see these character dynamics play out as more characters are introduced. I'd say it's fun learning about curses and how they reflect back unto our own lives, standing as metaphors for emotional pain we inflict on ourselves, but are too scared to fully understand. With the help of friendship though, most of these things can be resolved and we can live happy lives.

I hate how empty the world is. Feels creepy and lazy and scarily lonely.

Well I'm literally gay and watch it for the dialogue, story and yes, the artstyle/direction.

Is there a real plot in -gatari series? Tried to watch the first season, doesn't look like it.
>titties
>butts
>fanservice

If you miss each arc's plot then you're fucking retarded.
Except Nise, that is just a bunch of fanservice and ends up the worst season by far because of it.

The story is told from araragi's perspective, he is lonely and has no friends except for the few he's made recently
The emptiness is just how he sees the world

That's sad. I find it worrying that the people who he does become friends though are also seem like lonely people. Doesn't really seem like he's challenging himself despite these posiitve changes to his life.

It's also because the show is presented as if it's Araragi's memory. Hence why every bike but his own looks generic and identical, whilst his is different. It's showing his rememberence of bikes but not their exact look. This happens with everything in the show.

They have lives outside of him but that's not really talked about in anything he narrates

The girls voices make me want to unlewdly stroke my dick.

>implying it's not because SHAFT is cheap

I like the girls' plots and the back stories.

>Missing the themes of familial bonds
>Missing the mending of Araragi and Kiss-Shot's relationship
How can anyone be this dense?

Bat

For this moment

Because it's deconstructing the harem genre.

So this is the Monogatari thread, right?

I'm going through Season 2. Should I watch the Summary episodes or just not bother?

Enjoyable characters
That's it, doesnt need more than that because it doesnt have a proper overall story and doesnt need one

Just skip them

Too bad that most of Sup Forums are EOPs that will never enjoy Hyakumonogatari and other Drama CDs.

The plot doesn't have to be good when the girls are cute and the banter is amusing.

The plot is shit, but the way he writes is something. English translation can't translate his style.
Fuck off EOPs

So you want me to explain why Monogatari is good, huh? Well that's understandable. Monogatari.. does that mean a single story? A single man on a mission? Or does it mean the single story of "lewd girls"? I wonder, if Araragi is the lead, or isn't the lead, would it have made a difference? Araragi, who all the girls want to fuck (and sadly only Hitagi has suceeded in commensurating love making)?

If we think about it, Monogatari isn't exactly "Mono", but is composed of multiple stories that arises from one man, and one vampire loli. That being said, I believe that the lewd antics of the protag such as Koyomin is why fans are interested in the series in the first place.
Therefore, if you were to ask me why Monogatari's plot is good, it's because it involves Araragi rather than the women involved.

Nisio's exhibition PV
youtube.com/watch?v=p0TOUpl1ADU

Tsubasa is shit and her being a cat was only entertaining in Bakemonogatari. Nekomonogatari made her even worse.

> kaka
> panaino
> cheerio

It's good because it has Shinobu in it
Alternatively it's good because it has Karen in it

Anime adaption soon

Engaging characters, witty dialogue.

The backgrounds are the best part of the show. The dialog comes a close second.

I like Monogatari because it's very character focused and proves they are way more important than plot. The dialogue is very enjoyable and I like how the abberations are mostly linked to the character's weaknesses and seeing them overcoming these is satisfying and very relatable. As the show goes on, we get to see Araragi creating his own demon and having to stop being selfish trying to save everyone. It sounds simple on paper but Nisio and Shaft present it in such a good way.

It's a fun self-aware harem show with great banter and characters. That's enough for me.

The interaction, the dialogue, the change that happens to every character and also the style of it.
It's one of the few series that can make a conversation scene have the same feeling as an action scene.

>the only reason anyone could continually return to a show is for the compelling overarching plot
You realize some of the most successful scripted American TV series are episodic sitcoms?

Great dialogue

Eat shit.

> the mending of Araragi and Kiss-Shot's relationship
Speaking of which, does anyone know offhand which episode that is? Now that I've finally seen Kizu I desperately need to watch that again. It never made sense to me before.

Nise ep4

Personally I almost never care about the story aside from when it involves Shinobu. Aside from the obvious visual appeals, I mainly watch for the banter, Shinobu's voice, and occasional good music.

Interesting characters...That is all. And also the perceived notation that it subverts harem tropes, which makes it original and fresh somehow. Though that freshness I believe is debatable now that so many volumes exist.