One Piece: Comment by Oda on Live adaptation

Translation: There have been many stories about making a live-action series in the past 20 years. About three years ago, I decided to make a live-action picture. After many twists and turns, I found a good partner. Today on the 20th anniversary, we made the production announcement. This is actually a coincidence, I am very happy. This announcement may cause some anxiety but my one condition was to never betray the fans who supported my work for 20 years. Please get excited and wait for the next report.
Please look forward to it!!
Eiichiro Oda

Well....still hope this shit doesn't happen.

>j-just you wait, Big Meme... G-GEAR FIFFU... M-M-MONKEY AKUMA!!!!!!!

Can I get uuuuhhhh

Sanji was based off of Steve Buscemi. They need to get him to play Sanji.

Welp. At least LuNa is canon

what's everyone's favorite arc

He seems excited for it. As a fan I support him.

Pre time skip: Skypeia or Thriller Bark

whatever, one piece is still one piece. this piece of shit isn't even on my radar

This Carrot bitch doesn't have any sense of personal space.

Impel Down

Luffy's her chew toy fuck boy

Gear 5 will be Luffy becoming a rubber suit for Jinbe, becoming a fruit user capable of fighting underwater.

I'm honestly disappointed that Shanks is just a conqueror like the rest of the Yonko and not a drunken peacekeeping adventurer.

My headcannon was that each of the 4 Yonkos represented four different types of presence one can have on the high seas. Shanks was adventurer, the Kaido was the forceful conqueror, Big Mom was the politician.

Dude just has his flag up for protection..I doubt he rules over people

>peacekeeping
>doesn't claim any territory and allows fucking Kaido, BB and Big Meme to slaughter innocent people his mark could've protected
>peacekeeping

still don't know what the fuck reservoir dogs is.

Reminder that whatever happens this arc SaNa will have the last laugh.

I've always been partial to Enies Lobby

Whole Cake Island

This is really too adorable...

I guess everyone is in the live action thread huh?

Arabasta

>LuNa is canon
wat

This show is going to be hype as fuck. It doesn't matter how bad it is. This will be a worst a cult classic.

I wonder if they'll actually cast a Brazilian for Luffy..

Alabasta, Impel Down, Water 7

I guess it makes sense that Baum is still alive, actually. Plants don't generally die instantly.

If anything WB was the peacekeeper, He provided a lot of stability by New World standards because it was common knowledge how far he'd go to protect those under his care

Water 7, because I'm not retarded.

Sabaody Archipelago

Who says you were wrong? The inhabitants of that island might be to Shanks what Barto is to Luffy.

Anyone else think Linlin will try something similar to Shadows Asgard by drawing in the souls of her homies?
It seems unlikely that she'll ever be that desperate against Luffy

How long before Oda regrets working with americans just like Toriyama did?

He's the type who doesn't give a shit about anything outside the manga.

Toriyama shouldn't have any regrets, either. Dragon Ball Evolution didn't ruin the reputation of Dragon Ball or anything.

hope a certain M. Night Nigger isnt on it.

Skypea and water 7/enies lobby

He should have done Death Note

It's going to be shit.

I thinks that pretty much what he do, but he is smart enough to realise giving his flag to people will protect them from most of the small fish; pretty much like Whitebeard.

Your pudding still wasnt btfo enough this week....
Maybe this will put u back at your place

>Oda still salty that the USA still doesn't give a fuck about One Piece so he's willing to let Hollywood make an adaptation, when there hasn't been a single good anime adaptation from Hollywood ever

Oh god, are we going to see the return of Set Fail for Wan Piss?

>he says while posting kamen shit

If he was salty about anything it would be the hackjob dub of the anime. Its still one of the top selling manga here, and one of the most watched anime on all the services it's available on.

Greg says July 22nd is now officially recognized as One Piece day nationwide in Japan. That's neat.

Greg should go fuck himself.

DBE pissed off Toriyama so much that he got Toei to make two movies and begun to write scripts for a continuation of Dragonball Z.

Steve looks better the older he gets. The wrinkles and sagging skin help soften the weird facial proportions he used to have.

You obviously don't know what google is either.

Imagine being a One Piece hater in Japan and walking around today. The series got its own say. Hopefully some one compiles the 22 magazine cover pages One Piece will be on.

Say Anons, think we should send Oda a big card for the 20th anniversary?

Let's save it for the 25th anniversary. I wish I had talent so I count enter an art contest.

From my experiences with the Treehouse and Metal Gear Card, it's the shitty talentless doodles that are appreciated the most.

OH MY FUCKING SIDES!!!

>big heights can kill a yonkou commander
>kong gun can blow someone like doffy thru multiple buildings

What the fuck.

Maybe I should lie and say I'm 7. No one can resist a young fan.

She wants Luffy's dick. Add her to the list.

Luffy isn't Brazilian. You autists literally put too much meaning into that poorly translated SBS. Oda doesn't even have a reason why he chose Brazil for Luffy so why would he use a Brazilian?

Pre time skip: Alabasta
Post: assuming Oda can bring it to a nice close, whole cake island.
Favorite year: year of Sanji

>poorly translated SBS
There isn't anything poorly translated about it you dolt, stop with your damage control.

Skypeia, followed by Alabasta, Sabaody and Water 7.

(Also, G8 filler arc in the anime)

G8 was great. Foxy arcs in the anime were good too. Only really bad filler were the ice skaters.

Fox was never good imho, but pre-timeskip Op had quite a few alright filler. I really enjoyed the Alabasta filler as well, actually made Ace feel more important than in the manga.

Well it is. First of all there is one translation that says appearance when Oda said no such thing. The wiki is also a slightly poor translation (better than the appearance translation though) because it doesn't mention how non-fussed Oda was about his answer. He didn't even give one specific reason

Source? Pic related. Oda says "What?, well I guess these are the images they have (with no strong reason why he chose those countries)"

Look up the word nantonaku. That's the word Oda uses when he came up with it.

where did nami hide the second piece of that vivre card? the only place she couldve hidden it was between her boobs, and that was already searched by amande

Her cooterbox.

don't fret user, Brazil is 47.73% white

in the crevice created by the inverted nipples from her massive knockers

i really do not care about that. If Oda just flat out stated Luffy would be Brazilian I would defend that idea that Luffy is Brazilian. But there are two SBS that have this same question. SBS 22:

D: Oda-sensei, I've been wondering about something. What country are Luffy and the others from? In Social Studies class, we learned that a Japanese pirate is called a "wakou". Is that like a direct interpretation into Japanese? Or is this manga completely unique in that respect? Please tell me. -PN Kuroman-

O: Hmmm. First of all, Luffy's crew is all "No-Nationality Men". You can't say what country they come from. Now about, "wakou". Yes. A long time ago, there were men in Japan called "wakou" who were basically "pirates". This "Wakou" would get into their boats and raid the Korean peninsula and Chinese mainland. Sometimes in your textbooks, it talks about "expeditionary forces" to Korea, but those were really pirates. They were there to loot and plunder and all that. Yeah, they were bad guys. There's also another famous group of people around the Seto Inland Sea called "Murakami Suigun (Navy)" who were basically pirates. They have been a big influence on Japan throughout history, though they don't get widespread recognition. A long time ago, I was researching the differences between "wakou" and "suigun", but there were "suigun" who were called "wakou", so I got the impression that there's no need to even draw a distinction. In short, Japan has had a lot of "pirates".

That is SBS 22. Then he was asked again and gave in. He clearly did not say it with any authority because he used "ehhhh, maaaa" and "nantonaku." That's why I don't like the idea of any character having some nationality apart from the Wano characters.

And yet the places where they would be from is clearly legible you fucking moron

I liked Foxy a lot in the anime. The games were fun. He did have added scenes in the anime and I liked him a lot. I didn't care when he died though.

But I never said he didn't link countries to each character. I clearly translated what he said. He said image which could mean bad boy image, or care-free image, or it could mean something else. Image doesn't stand for appearance. Anyone who is fluent in Japanese knows that.

To top it off, he uses nantonaku which stands for a "I somehow did this or feel this way or came up with this". Japanese say it as a way to say they just did it for no specific reason. What I'm saying is that Oda clearly did not put much thought into it, but a lot of western fans act like "oh this is the nationality Oda always had in mind" and "these guys are really Japanese, Swedish, and Russian." It's clearly not the case. He says it with no conviction because he's tired of autists asking the same question.

He said image which means the image he has in his head you mong

imagine being this triggered over the fact there are non-white/non-asian characters in his favorite mango.

How is Shanks going to explain this to the other Younkou?

>I was in jobber Blue and a bandit who previously smashed a wine bottle in my face kidnapped my friend and I lost my arm to a weak sea creature to save him
What a laugh.

Alabasta.

Pinnacle of what One Piece can be as a weekly manga.

Marineford

arabasta

oda isn't a very good writer user

Exactly, image could mean the atmosphere you exude. Luffy has a care-free image. Maybe he sees Brazilians that way so that's the best country he linked Luffy with. Maybe he sees Luffy as dressed like a poor kid which is the image he has of Brazilians. But then, how does that make Luffy Brazilian as a nationality or that he designed Luffy with brazil in mind? He used nantonaku when he said those characters have that image and he just came up with it on the spot as evidenced by "ehhh," "mahhh" and "nantonaku." The best example I can give is Enel. What would Oda say Enel is? Most people associate him with Eminem, but his image fits a Japanese with the Shinto stuff.

In the other SBS he officially stated you couldn't say what country the SH are from. So because of that SBS, I won't say a certain character is Japanese unless it's a Wano character.

>implying I'm a poltard
Nah I just value Oda's answer in SBS 22 over 58. One is said with conviction, the other is not. If I'm triggered by anything it's you autists who bring up countries in general. This is One Piece. The only country that resembles an actual country is Wano. The fashion, the names, the era, etc... all reflect Japan. Everything else is a mixed bag with loose ties.

Water 7.

shut up

luffy was a big shot 400 million berry rookie before he even had haki. it's very possible that shanks still didn't have haki at that time

Water 7 is objectively the best, it also happens to be my favorite because I'm sentimental

I mean the anime is garbage and it doesn't stop anyone from enjoying One Piece so why should a live action version matter

You still haven't figured it out? Here let me lay it out for you.

>clearly strong enough to beat up that fish
>lets his arm taken to protect Luffy
>gains luffy's trust
>Luffy has the will of D. Is the same name as Garp (Monkey D.)
>Tells WB that he placed a bet on the next generation

He's clearly going to betray Luffy in order to become Pirate King. He placed a bet on Luffy.

Really? Are you retarded? You got "conqueror" from his flag? Do you think Luffy is a conqueror? He's a pirate and a criminal, that doesn't mean people who keep his flag don't respect him. Did you skip the whole Whitebeard backstory? If you have no lands under you, it would be impossible to be a Yonkou, then you're just a really strong pirate, Blackbeard wasn't a Yonkou until he had taken Whitebeard's lands

Having his flag on a territory basically means he's free to do whatever he wants there, so being the Pirate King would be having your flag everywhere so you are the freest person in the world

Anime fans will say Enis Lobby but hate Alabasta.

Skypiea (Maybe because I watched it in one go) and Alabasta. I also enjoyed Thriller Bark.

So with the recent cover story we finally have confirmation Shanks controls territory in the NW.

There's no way it can be any worse than the anime has been for years so why is everyone so upset?

>return of

That shit never left.

Some people are worried that it will make the series look bad in North America? It never got super big here, but anyone who is even slightly into anime knows about it. The anime is already a bad representation of it, and I'm pretty sure most people here watch that instead of reading the manga. Absolutely nothing to lose with this project.

>FT didnt confirm ships
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE OTHER NALU BTFO.
Suicidewatch for LuNacucks