Filtering water is white privilege. FUCK WYPIPO YOU SHOULD JUST DRINK ANY WATER AT ANY TIME

Filtering water is white privilege. FUCK WYPIPO YOU SHOULD JUST DRINK ANY WATER AT ANY TIME

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/8sDJX
youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw
archive.is/4DT9S
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah say that after you have the shits for 3 damn days from drinking tainted water.

Jesus, they really go to this much trouble for this (((white privilege))) nonsense?

this

ACTUALLY BACKPACKERS JUST DRINK THIS CHEMICAL RUN OFF YOU HEALTHY FUCKS DIE NOW EAT MCDONALDS

>slate telling its Leftist readers shitty info so they get shits from deer poop in stream and they get dehydrated in wilderness and die/get stranded

yes this is good

the Left are not meant for the pursuit of the outdoors anyway

Think of all the poor brown people around the world that have diarrhea every single day. The fact that you don't is because of your privilege. Now go drink some sewer water, fucking goy.

building up immunity and food adapted to deal with infections

What's with this borderline autistic patronizing "AKCHSCHUUALY" bullshit titles for (((news))) articles? I want to read something and form my own decision, not some autistic nonsense like this.

>hey look i have my lips wrapped around this sewage pipe outflow
>why, you ask?
>because those fucking white people don't do this

Drink the tap water, goys

open condescension of anything even remotely out of line is standard cult behavior

> Fresh water is fine to drink
Only in a white country.

In brown countries they literally shit and piss into their "fresh" water.

When I was a kid, we'd go play in the creek and drink the water that flowed over the rocks there if we got thirsty. Never got the shits. Of course we only did it out of necessity too.

Brown people in white countries make the water unsafe to drink. WHICH IS FINE. WYPIPO DONT DESERVE CLEAN WATER.

someday I long for an age when OP isnt a worthless piece of shite, but that hope fades each passing day

archive.is/8sDJX

Well when you spend all day licking assholes
Any water is relatively okay

Good idea if you love shitting.

True

I drank a bunch of water straight from the Tara river while in Montenegro.

It was some of the best tasting water I've ever had.

In Mexico we kill the germs with ultraviolet light.

think of all the billions of parasites they have also

>I have my lips around a sewer pipe

Was the family dog too busy leaf?

your country snows poop, fuck off with your ultraviolet light nonsense

>How, then, did water treatment become the norm? Because the outdoor recreation community is far whiter, wealthier, and better educated than the U.S. population at large, it’s an interesting case study in how misinformation propagates through privileged communities.

DRINK IT YOU RACIST

Watch any survival expert in the world and they all boil water to avoid diahrea and dehydration. There's a reason your dog gets giardia and coccidia from rainwater ya big dummy

alright, got through half of this tripe and had to bail. OP, this is what you get reading a rag like slate:

"A 1993 study looking at the incidence of Giardia infection and gastrointestinal illness in backcountry travelers in a high-use area of California’s Sierra Nevada found only 5.7 percent tested positive, none of whom exhibited symptoms. "

So, the soygoy even admits that you have a 6% chance of catching giardiasis, and if you are familiar with what that entails, you would use a filter to negate that risk.

The scumsucker then admits that fecal coliform shows up near campsites, but the faggot says "they occurred only at a minority of sampled areas".

I have to think this article is a troll from a covert conservative to trick dumb liberal hiker skanks into catching diseases. High five.

Enjoy your Giardia and Crypto... I'll filter mine, thanks. I hope every Slate reader believes this and goes out right away to drink some stream water.

Sure, go have a drink in a "fresh" water river in China, India or any shitholes in Africa.

UV disinfection is a one trick pony. Mainly used to deal with cryptosporidium in problem areas.

oh look city numales who have never been camping and dont know what giardia is

>In all likelihood, it’s not the water that’s gross. It’s you.

Keep filtering your water people.

FILTER WATER LIKE WE FILTER THE (((PARASITES))) OUT OF OUR WHITE RACE

This.

A few hundred yards up stream is the rotting carcass of a moose dripping yellow matter custard from it's eye into the water

What if there’s a dead animal upstream?

You are what you eat

This is retarded. I've done it because I've had to, but you should absolutely filter that shit. You don't know what's upstream.

The absolute only place I would consider drinking water straight from the source is glacial streams at very high altitudes (10,000+) and even then it's better to be safe than sorry.
t. backpacker

>deer shits upstream
>you drink downstream
>contract giardia
>develops into chronic giardia
>uncontrollable green diarrhea for the rest of your life

Opting for the Filter Jew and not the Chad Canteen.

Never runs out of charcoal or clogs, carries your water, cooks your food as well.

Pic related.

Jesus christ this is literally some faggot journalist trying to infect white people with parasites lol. Unless you know the water source very well you should always disinfect unless you want to be stuck in the woods feeling like shit.. With how cheap a lifestraw is you have no excuse not to, it's fucking easy.

Don't y'all mexicans already have giardia?

Brown people boil the water or get an immune system

This. Everyone uses filters or those UV sterilizers. Having to take a shit every 5 minutes while hiking sucks bad.

The only people this is gonna hurt is liberals that actually believe Slate is a reliable news source.

>hmm, I'm thirsty, guess I'll have a drink in five hours

It's not advice meant to be followed, it's just to give Slate readers a shot of the imagined cultural superiority they so crave in light of their shallow, meaningless existence

This
We should meme this into a leftist position and watch them get life-long explosive foam shits.

You should be able to bring a canteen to boil in 5 minutes.

Don't you follow a possum mentality and collect kindling and tinder along the way.

Are your pockets not constantly full of : pine resin, birch bark, chaga and char cloth.

Take the green pill, learn to let the land warm and hydrate you.

>filtering
>not distilling
ok, enjoy cancer and a flouride calcified pineal gland

Well a lot of slate readers are about to get a harsh lesson. lol

Kek that image

Lol, or I could eschew all that gay shit and just pump from a stream for five minutes and have a bottle full of cold water.

That's why you boil the water first

too late for that people are so civilized that they will get sick drinking fresh water that's why animals don't get sick cuz they're always drinking it humans are just f****** weak like the person who made this article

LOL what. stream water is the worst. There could be a dead animal 300ft up from you
youtube.com/watch?v=OI-9iMrWRrw

you'd have a better time with infrared
in fact just use the infrared to heat the water for distilling

This has to be an attempt to kill minorities. There's no way this isn't an op. No fucking way.

Real Talk:

I carry an inline sawyer and a canteen.

They complement each other, but I'd rather have the canteen because it's multi-purpose and cannot break.

stop spamming your gas ass song

>tfw I only drink bottled mineral water.

Tap water is for the toilets.

Kek

We should counter meme, and say that drinking bleach will kill any bacteria, just over adjust the ratio

you must be fucking new here. go look up how pb and j sandwich are racist.

Filters are shit though. Boil is the only sure method.

Carry some iodine tablets if you're afraid.

I was in the desolation wildness near Tahoe, very high up and thought it was ok too, so I had some. Felt weird after and researched after, apparently glacial streams aren't that safe, something could have pooped in the snow and the parasites stay alive in the cold until spring, when the snow melts and forms a stream.

Safest ways are groundwater at the source and the top 2 inches of a cold lake (the sun kills most stuff at the top)

What did people do before Alex Jones came into the picture? Boiled the water?

>don't do the smart thing because that means you're a coward!

Where do you get this nonsense. Attached is "gaydar" that would work if your supposition would have any merits.

>boiling water makes it clean and safe to drink

That's how you get arsenic poisoning

>hiking sure is going to be nice guys
>lol, let's stop for an hour so we can babysit this fire

If you wanna call personal responsibility 'white privilege', that's fine be me. Now clean your room, bucko.

>he wants to camp
>but not make a fire
The whole point is to experience fire.

Are you retarded?
Filtering doesn't necessarily mean fluoridation, you maniac.

And piss in a semi-public setting without getting arrested.

Also, watching birds and listening to sounds of nature is fun.

I know someone who contracted giardia in South America. Made them lactose intolerant so they can only use soy milk. Makes you think.

>He doesn't prepare before hiking so that he can distill water while camping out for the night

You're not wrong. But being out there and making something warm just for yourself (and possibly those close to you) is central. That's why camps always have fire right in the middle or prominent.

Look, there might be some shit white people do that I can find questionable but I don't fuck with white people when it comes to backpacking/outdoor shit. That's their goddamn domain.

Any non-white walking around the woods with gear and supplies and how-to books is straight up appropriating white/euro "INNAWOODS" culture.

He wants his camping experience handed to him in shrink wrapped plastic. :^)

Fuck this. Lake water should be always considered shit unless tested by a still living friend. Anyway take any visibly clear water put it into a clear PET bottle and leave 4 hours in the sun. Bacteria btfo. Heavy metals, chelation agents, fertilizers, urine and fecal content might put you off but you won't get the shits.

True, plus, Oonga brain say "Fire Pretty"

See? Even cave-Sup Forums gets it.

Too late

Jews
Go drink bacteria rich water and sure this magazine into Extinction
Actually just lie about having done it
Like fake seizure boy

Ironically only leftist backpackers will believe this.

Thanks MSM

I think I'll stick with my life straw. Thanks anyway slate

Did that nigger never watch naked and afraid? Most the people that didnt prep the water were fucked immediately.

Drinking water fresh from a small lake or river is the best. But Norway has the greatest freshwater in the world don't know how it compares to elsewhere.

well I was at Lake Tahoe, so they safest thing to drink around there is the top layer of lake water. Its one of the cleanest lakes in the world

Real backpackers set up camp and build a fire

I'll be hopefully watching the news for dead minority or liberal campers, though.

Will be destroyed by leftists leaving california within 5 years

>isolated shit islands in shit areas

The water quality that developed the aboriginals shouldn't be compared to freshwater in an untouched area in the northern hemisphere

>This Young, White Hiker Just Followed Slate's Advice And Got Parasites. And That's A Good Thing.

Niggers don't camp, user.

archive.is/4DT9S

>the virgin water treatment plant
>the chad untouchable