How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom

>Since I'm a isekai hero, is there a demon lord?
What is it with demon Lord's? Can't you go to an isekai to defeat aliens or dragons or Chaos cults, something other than a Demon Lord for once?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy
a.vidga.me/zaschm.zip
novelupdates.com/series/yuusha-party-no-kawaii-ko-ga-ita-no-de-kokuhaku-shite/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Demon lord is just a japanese version of Sauron and his contemporaries. Its the same in western fiction, if youre the chosen one you would assume that there is a another side that you oppose.

Dragons, Chaos cunts and aliens are the same thing except in different clothes

Isn't it from Dragon Quest like virtually all fantasy tropes in Japan?

They adapted Realist Hero into a manga? holy shit! picked the fuck up!

That art though

because japan is a faithless society. They are not interest in cults and idols of worship.

Looks awful.

>worse art than the LN
how could you fuck this up?

Tell that to the Re:Zero witch cults.

Changing clothes from time to time isn't a bad thing.

Contrarian here, the manga art is much better than the fake Takeuchi artstyle

Blame Dragon Quest. Besides they don't deal with those demons for a long time anyway (and not at all in what's been translated so far).

It's really good, especially the hand drawn backgrounds are an eye candy.
Like your mom. I bet you liked the novel's Fate/SameFace art better.

I'm not inherently against harems or anything but I don't like it how he marries his bodyguard and plans to marry the idol girl. Author should have made his wives the two princesses only.

Also the idolshit is stupid in its entirety.

Aren't they superstitious pagan Shintoists?

What? It looks great.
OTP should be him and the adventurer girl.

The idolshit is literally the plot of SDF Macross

The manga art literally looks like a H-doujinshi.

As many people have said it's Dragon Quest's fault
You can always read Chinese/Korean isekai they don't have the same tropes.
In general I feel like Korea just has the highest overall quality of isekai.

Chinese have their own terrible tropes.

Fuck Chinese/Korean stuff, their names are literally impossible to remember.

It looks like early Boruto, I'd take fake Takeuchi any day.

Here, have a pity (You) for your effort.

It tries to do a lot of things, making the plot a clusterfuck mess. The author is knowledgeable, but untalented.

Well, running a kingdom has a lot of different aspects to it. It's more than just bread and circuses.

I do like gookshit better than most nip or chinkshit but they have their own tired tropes they cling to.

does the MC have a painfully generic personality in this one too?

No, they're larping.

>It looks like early Boruto

You better get your eye cancer checked. It's doujin hentai material but it looks nothing like Boruto. Still far better than fake Takeuchi.

It seems like the most common gook tropes are RPG mechanics and being isekai'd into some sort of dungeon/challenge world like SAO SAO isn't an isekai it's just the most relatable setting.
But all of those series I've read so far have been okay to really good.
Even the worst autistic dumpsterfire gook series was at least extremely unique in setting and character. There's just a massive sperg supporting character that won't shut the fuck up.

The king should have offered his sexy queen instead

Looks great

Most isekai stories start off as web novels written by amateurs who lift 90% of their setting and premise from dragon quest (Because it's an extremely iconic and well loved fantasy game thats pretty much the standard for fantasy over there) with cute animal girls, slaves, and some random gimmick thrown in and are essentially all just copying each other at this point.

The witches cult is basically Chaos.
See why Re:Zero is popular now?

While not technically an isekai really, Sao acted as the gateway for it. "Trapped in a game/the game is real" led to just using a game-like world with rpg mechanics.

The popular ones all try to innovate, like Goblin Slayer, Re:Zero etc.
Very few people actually read the generic trash

MMO stories have been a thing for a really long time in gookland (as early as 2000 so pre SAO even) it figures they would put RPG mechanics in their isekai.
I'm actually only seen one gook story without RPG mechanics out of the 16 I've read.

Funny how the king of the genre Mushoku Tensei doesn't have any RPG mechanics or game elements at all.

Goblin Slayer is not isekai. It doesn't even have a Japanese character.

>Funny how the king of the genre Mushoku Tensei
>the king of the genre

On narou at least it's the king of the genre.

>meanwhile shieldbro and otherworld dinning hall swapped places
I have a feeling so complicated

Oh there's a manga?

I don't think I'd be able to read this shit if in LN form. The Japan stronk shit is pretty bad, but at least its nowhere near GATEs level.

I would like a sci-fi isekai
Or at the very least a fantasy isekai where the MC is more into sci-fi than fantasy so he decides to say 'fuck this fairy shit, let's get some steampunk, warforged and Magiscience going. I'll MAKE this shit sci-fi'
Then we'd get knights and wizards vs Aliens and it would dope as fuck and you know it.

Anime adaptation of the first three volume when?

Fuck Chaos. Tomb Kings are best

I've read several Korean lns were the final boss was himself.

Like copious amounts of NTR and Jade Palace shittery?

>Prime minister is called Marx
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

So he's going to wish for a giant space thing to destroy the planet and then become a giant clown monster?

The Empire endures, heretic

Is that the one where MC makes an idol squad to patrol the kingdom?

I would love a change of clothes. Wearing the same clothes all the time makes the fabric thin and faded, and if you never wash then they're all crusty and smelly. A change of clothes is necessary.

Patrol? If you mean spread propaganda, then yes.

It's the one where some european barbarians discover the wonders of japanese cuisine and culture

The MC looks and is as autistic as shiro.

there's many isekai where the mc doesn't have to fight femon lords. they might even become one actually

It's the one where the centuries old elves know nothing of proper horticulture and have to be explained to that Nature gives no fucks about who you are by a random japanese dude.

Also where the kingdom was in the verge of running into a food crisis for focusing on cashcrops?

Let's be fair, lots of idiots did that in our history too including the first european settlers of the united states of america that thought they'd be able to just use the cash crops to buy their food.

This case was a little different in that they had to use the cash crops to pay an unreasonable tax to their united nations or get bombed with notAmerican Freedom which would have killed off way more people.
I'm a little surprised that didn't spark a refugee crisis which would have been a great revenge and alleviated the food problems a bit. I guess the lack of communication probably stopped that?

How did they solve that anyway?

Eating absolutely everything. The fat guy basically knew of every bullshit meal people knew in the kingdom (which is why he's so fat) then the MC and princess/etc ate the weird meals presented (on live "TV") while talking about how it was totally tasty to prove to the people that it was actually edible.
Of course if the food shortage was as bad as it's supposed to be then people should have discovered that squid are edible before and actually feeding that many people would cause an long term ecological disaster.

Sort of. Imagine a country full of atheists who go to a temple once or twice a year to pray and /or wear amulets for good luck. When there is no religion, people gravitate to mysticism.

Artstyle looks awful similar to this

They had enough food for everyone but they didnt want to eat it because it was gross? were they actually tasty? and what's thiss aboutan ecological disaster?

Id - Greatest Fusion Fantasy or whatever it is called is still the best isekai to me.

Shame the magazine that published it went under.

/tg/ does it better
1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy

Not because it's gross. because they didn't realize it was edible (and they thought it was gross so they never thought to eat it except in certain regions)
Eg One area eats lobster but the rest don't because they never thought of eating it before so they demonstrated eating lobster so now places with lobster as well started eating it.
When I say everything i mean pretend they're a plague of locusts.

When i was talking about ecological disaster I wasn't saying anything technically in the book but merely what should have been a consequence of that strategy if they really were starving that much.A massive starving human population devouring everything would make the population levels of whatever they eat go down. This would wreak havok on the food chain for a starter. RL examples of hungry humans eating alot of X meal are part of why several species have become extinct in our world so it would not be surprising if several species went extinct or endangered as a direct result which would make the next link go down and start a cascade effect. This is not limited to animals since they were eating even the grass. We like to think that nature is resilient but it takes time for it to recover from something like that.

Actually, it's not that far-fetched.
In Russia potatoes used to have a really bad rep due to the initial incorrect consumption method: people tried to eat potato fruit initially and it was poisonous.
It took a lot of effort to establish potatoes as something eatable.

Id was around before isekai though.

Id is really about a cute trap.

What about a series where the protagonist is so enthralled by the idea of getting to save the world and fight against a demon king that he assumes must exist because of isekai memes, so he conquers the world in order to prepare for when the demon king finally shows himself only to wind up becoming the demon king along the way in his quest to gain more power

their folklore is limited to demon lord and dragon quest

when is isekai shit gonna be banned

Hey, I still like the series. Not hard feelings here.

>An Isekai where the MC is genre saavy and sent to the genre opposite he likes/familiar with
I feel like this had to have been done already.
Isekai isn't THAT creatively bankrupt is it?

>Isekai isn't THAT creatively bankrupt is it
You tell me. Oh and he still manages to "level up" and gain skills despite being a fucking hot spring.

what if there was an isekai where the MC was summoned by the demon king to be his right hand man?

There have been isekai where after beating the demon king they get summon by the demons to save them from the humans.

look man
if he marries everyone then nobody can complain that the worst girl won
now everybody wins!

>It was actually Yan-Chung Ugh all along!
uh who?

you know, the brother of nip-nong ching-chong user

Why is the main character so obsessed with Machiavelli's The Prince? Should he really be taking a book written by a butthurt ruined noble as the be-all-end-all of politicking?
And then there's the Sun Tzu all over the place. It's almost as if another world has a military history all of its own, and has come to its own conclusions about all of the same topics.

How about clowny mahou shoujo villains as the opposing force in the other world?

For those who care, the spear hero spinoff from shieldbro is resuming translations again. Lion's doing it but it's not a regular schedule.
Remember to say thank you.

I didn't even know there was a spin-off. How is it?

Figured I'd drop this here.
For those who have been following these: Commushou volume 4 illustrations added.

We shota no more.

a.vidga.me/zaschm.zip

Basically every illustration except this one is lewd this time.

in the verge of death, motoyasu travels back in time to the moment he got summoned to reunite with his bird waifu. it explores a lot of what ifs and ridiculous situations

>Commushou
is this the isekai where the protag sucks tiddies for extra skill points?

>novelupdates.com/series/yuusha-party-no-kawaii-ko-ga-ita-no-de-kokuhaku-shite/
>Youki died in a traffic accident and was reborn in a fantasy world! However, instead of being the hero of legends, he ended up reincarnating into an overpowered demon. Having no desires to become the Demon Lord, he sits around in the Demon Lord’s castle as a random low rank guardian.

That's the closest I know, but the story its so damn boring. Like, they spent several chapters giving love advice to one of the members of the hero's party who talks like he's inhaled helium.

Yeah.

>protag sucks tiddies for extra skill points
light novels were a mistake

You never saw Seikon no Qwaser huh?

the problem isn't
>the protag sucks tiddies
the problem is
>for skill points
fucking gaming system bullshit

>tfw have a fantasy of going back to ancient times and prevent the fall of rome with modern knowledge
>tfw would probably just end enslaved and displayed as a curiosity instead

>ywn be reborn as a cute girl in roman times
>and become a sex slave to some nobles

Sex slaves didn't exist, your slaves were your property and you could do anything to them

So think more like fucking your maid

stop bringing reality to my fetishes

Reminder that there's a light novel where Julius Caesar is a cute girl.

Earn your freedom by winning the affection of your master through simple engineering inventions like a pulley system, better saddle, a halberd, longbows, gunpowder, herbal medicine, and so on.

Rome is not like Africa today.

There are many slaves on Rome who managed to win their freedom. Some colleseum gladiators even became renowned athletes. They do fear women rising into power though. Such is why they hated Cleopatra

Once you became a free man, earn the respect of your people by becoming a merchant who specializes on the harvest of expensive spices which you cultivated through advanced agricultural knowledge. Romans never knew that dumping feces on the soil would increase the production of crops yo

does she still get stabbed a dozen times?

I'd stab her in the back if you know what I mean.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

>Chaos cults
FOR THE EMPRAH

Female sex slaves are looked down upon on Rome.
Pretty boys on the otherhand....