How would you guys describe architecture and urbanism in the future ethnostate?

How would you guys describe architecture and urbanism in the future ethnostate?

What would you say would be the core tenets of architectural design and architectural thought in general?

Is there anything new you would like to be introduced, or would you like to revive something from the past?

And, please, if you're not an architect or at least an academic, fuck off.

>seeking the opinions of academics
>on Sup Forums
wew

I don't understand Sup Forums's hate boner for modernist aesthetics. I think most of the time they're just using the word modern in place of contemporary. Deconstructivism has lead to some truly awful designs. But I enjoy any designs that consider the human element, emphasizing both form and function in harmony.

Full Concrete Ando style

>future ethnostate
Why do you care? Serbs wouldn't be there.

Albert Speer personally murdered 20 million Jews

I do agree with you that Sup Forums conflates modern architecture with contemporary. Although I can't stand contemporary architecture, there is a lot to be learned from the modernist movement. Especially if you view it as an experiment.

There are many architects that obsess over form, following the absolutely retarded 'form follows form' maxim. Functionality and rational, usable space sacrificed for cheap, superficial aesthetics.

Form needs to follow function as architecture is created for man and by man. Many lose this out of their sight in their pursuit of status and feeding their egos.

Damn, you're not pretentious and insufferable at all. You've definitely found the right forum to be a wanker in. I can definitely see how this is a current event.

Brutalism is dystopian as hell, and often fosters huge societal problems because it lacks human scale.

Many brutalist structures had to be torn down because their cost to society outweighed their benifit. In fact great brititan is in the process of cleansing the entire country.

You want human scale buildings with gardens, greenery, wood, water, places for congregation, art, and culture.

Ando likes to play with light and those cracks in the wall, but I can't stand all that greyness. It would make you depressed after a while.

Paint it

I definitely agree. I do design for a living and while it can make projects more difficult, it's extremely important to make function the priority, but in a way that is visually appealing. It's why I like what was being explored in the mid-century, and trying to build on that. Always hated math as a kid but I've come to accept that the best designs and designers work logically, not strictly artistically.

There's no point to anything in the long run, so might as well strive for something.

There is something so appealing in those futuristic depictions of the world.

You are correct. It's not just brutalism but an entire soulless school of architecture that spans multiple styles. You can call their monstrosities minimalist sometimes, utilitarian other times, brutalist sure, or even modern (yes modern, not contemporary).

They are all just living boxes, they don't have any decoration, they have no aspirational, functional, life enriching purpose. Living in them looking out at more of them just drains you of energy and hope. They're designed to contain you, not let you live.

Our living environments are more important to our state of mind and our productivity than most people think.

Absolutely, math is necessary in architecture. As a kid you may not love it, but later on, when you find a way to implement that math, it starts to make sense and becomes interesting.
Did you try to use code for developing plans? Like python and such?

Also, how do you deal with cheap or simply stupid investors? Do you try to point out the flaws in their thinking and explain how things can be done differently or do you just do the job he wants without bothering too much? I believe you know what I mean by this.
One of the biggest issues I have are clients that want me to design something utterly disgusting. It is hard to draw the line on what I will do. I want to decline so many projects, but I also have to make a living.

Depends in which area, here most brutalistic buildings are very human-scaled in fact

It's basically just that there's color and symmetry/lack of offensive, distorted shapes. Much of modernism and almost all postmodernist architecture is the antithesis of that.

Cool pic senpai

Not an architect, sorry if it sounded like that. My uncle owns a firm though and I've spoken with others and it's the same story whether you're an architect or any other design or service. People hire you for your expertise but don't want what you come up with because they know best. There's not much room for anything beyond bare function, because we've distilled the human experience to a monetary value. Preaching to the choir as architects seem to have it worst in this regard.

I'm no fan of the whole (((post-modernist contemporary))) art/architecture culture, like most people who have any semblance of dignity or appreciation of the aesthetics. However, I think that we don't have to revert back to the dark ages with our architectural design. It is natural that our styles will change over time, as they often have, however I think Vitruvius said it best when he said the basic tenants of architecture should be functionality and longevity, proportionality to human features, and most important of all, beautiful to look at.

Brutalism is suitable for cultural buildings. Theaters, museums, galleries etc. But not for a living space. Nor for a work environment I would say.
No matter how cool it looks, humans still prefer natural and warm materials and busier profiles. Clean, empty slabs of concrete are not pleasing not stimulating.
Gordon Cullen wrote an interesting book about this. It is called The Concise Townscape. I would recommend it to everyone, architect or not. Truly an interesting read with many pictures and illustrations demonstrating and showing what he is explaining.

>Brutalism is suitable for cultural buildings. Theaters, museums, galleries etc
Except that they tend to ghettoize fairly quickly and deter people from patronizing the area. People just don't want to be in or around bland, featureless environments.

At most, you can contrive that brutalism is appropriate for military structures outside of public view.

I want the European soul to return to european architecture, thing is, the European soul first has to return to the european peoples.

This

It needs to be beautiful to look at. It should lift your spirit or at least not make you want to blow your brains out without even knowing why.

European towns and cities from the 17th, 18th and 19th century achieved this perfectly in my opinion. They are still beautiful to this day (if the city is conserving it, that is).
Now, I'm not saying that we should go back and replicate that style. Retrogradation is senseless. And you are right when you say that it is natural that our styles change over time. But we can and we should study from the successful examples and try to understand what makes them so good and try to distill it and implement it in todays cities and architecture.

Absolutely right. Deconstructivism is in full swing though and it stands opposed to humanist ideas.

That is pretty much the reason why I started this thread. Simply to get away from this (((contemporary))) bullshit I am surrounded with and vent a bit.

Yes, I would agree with you. I was stating what could, if any, be a function of brutalist architecture.

Sometimes it feels hopeless.

It does... But there is nothing to do but keep going with your head held high. I have faith.

Much beauty still exists and once we revive our peoples soul architecture will follow naturally

As long as there are people that see beyond and through the bullshit, there is hope.

>because we've distilled the human experience to a monetary value
Unfortunately, this is so true. You don't even have to be religious to see the importance of the soul. But the desperate pursuit of money and status is making this world a living shithole.

>white ethnostate
>serb
topkek

We're at a cultural low point. People don't have the money or energy for quality goods. Not the first time this has happened, and I'm sure at some point there will be another revival. Humans need a purpose, and society isn't really promoting anything beyond finding a job that pays a lot. I don't make a ton of money but my work is rewarding. I couldn't imagine doing something with no intrinsic return.

Molim te, franjo. Iste, ako ne i gore primere mozes i kod sebe naci. Ne serendaj.