How much should society concentrate on STEM?

Should liberal arts even be taught on an university level? I mean, if someone wants to learn about history, he or she can just read a book. Or if someone wants to study "gender studies" then he or she can go to a gay bar, etc.

I've learned infinitely more about humanities shit just smoking pot and reading wikipedia than I ever could have learned at the liberal arts school I attended. Maybe it's different at an actual respectable school.

>he thinks subjects are only worth study if they generate shekels.

Show us your real identity, Schlomo.

And btw, I know people will be down on this perspective because "omg, he thinks just reading wikipedia can make you knowledgable" but the truth is if you read anything whatsoever about a given topic with the right level of interest, you're going to pwn somebody going through the motions at an indoctrination camp.

Society can only afford humanities while bright minds carry civilization.

Come on, it's obviously an iterative cycle.

>Yes goyim. Forget about the long Jewish history of ruining civilizations. Good goy.

How does it stop me from studying in STEM field in order to make my folk's life easier ?
True, humanities are worthless in bad times, but it's not humanities who create good times.

The problem is that if too many people do STEM then there isnt enough jobs to go around. There are 10 times more graduates of computer science in UK than in the 90s but only 2x the number of jobs. There needs to be a balance. We still need people to teach English Literature, history and stuff.

You don't make peoples' lives easier. You put money into Mr Nosenbergstein's pockets. That's it. Jobs within capitalism only exist to generate profit for (((business owners))).

The difference is whether or not they benefit society as a whole, in this day and age, not if they generate shekels.
You can always make the argument that actual Arts benefit society, because they do, So does STEM. and Foreign language.
Things like gender studies, women's studies, minority studies, etc do not.

Do you know how many people studied liberal arts during ww2 from 1939 to 1945? Do you know how many men during 1939 to 1945 in Europe studied "gender studies" or "African history" or "comparative French literature"?

>The problem is that if too many people do STEM then there isnt enough jobs to go around.
And that is why? We need STEM graduates to make products and provide services. Why would we need liberal arts graduates? For what purpose? What do they produce?

I do know (((who))) benefits from increasing the numbers of STEM degree holders.

Idiot. You think that you win by not generating any value ?
No. You do your best to take as much as you can from them,and never give back. There are still polish companies worth working for, there are still polish products you can buy.
I take jewish coin and put it into polish industry, can you say the same about you,filthy nazi ?

Society benefits. STEM grads create value, liberal arts graduates take value away from society.

How do you win by generating profits for the Tribe of Israel?

Shekels are an objective way to quantify the value of your learning.

Also:
>it's okay to spend $20,000 learning something that has no ROI

The state of leftists everyone

Because my people benefit more than them. I am unable to stop their collosal machine, but I can take their shekels and put them into my kin's hands. My folk will benefit from me more than jews.

Yes, let us all just be corporate tools conducive to maximizing profits. This very economistic thinking is the end of human civilization.

Not a leftist. I just like white people and you don't.

Wikipedia is great for a starting point. People forget there are citations which can be clicked on to take you to the primary literature on the subject and take you much more in depth.

Engineering still has good job markets. I did bioscience and it is very tough. You either get a top tier lab manager position or are a shit tier technician who is basically just a trained monkey who has to follow established protocol and not do any R&D work yourself. So you end up going to college and then grad school to follow instructions and protocols any retard could follow. You do't even need to understand the science, just do as you are told.

I've been in the field for about 5 years now and finally getting promoted to higher levels. But I had to grind away at about $45,000 a year for several years. My stoner friends made more money and never even went to college.

I had a UPS truck driver friend tell me I made "chump change". Really made me regret my career choice.

Benefits of schooling over self study are.
>you are forced to do it as most people have little self-discipline
>you have other people around you studying the same thing so you can communicate
>there is a curriculum instead of just having bits and pockets of information all over
>a more technical subject will allow you to use tools you otherwise wouldn't be able to
>get connections and a piece of paper saying you did it
Benefits of self study are
>the class doesn't bore you from being slow, or go to fast so you fall behind
>you can study any time
>it's free or basically free compared to schooling
>no limitations of class availability
>the comforts of home

In my experience public school was fucking garbage. College was better, but self-study is the best if you have the discipline to do it.

STEM graduates do not make many products in Europe anymore. In the UK the manufacturer sector hasn't existed for 20 years. They still design things but China makes it now. I agree they provide services like computer support but even that is being outsourced to India at 25% of the cost. What I am saying is that we shouldn't think having millions of unemployed STEM graduates is the answer. Even graduate art teachers are consumers creating jobs, wealth in shops etc.

all the stem people at my uni are sjw enablers -
>we sold some of them weapons so its okay that we get overrun by completly different people hurr durr

Then its time to introduce changes in state.

Liberal Arts should be defunded.

most people arent smart enough for STEM, and those that aren't smart enough for STEM arent even usually smart enough to produce anything meaningful within their non-STEM field of choice. How useful is it to have hundreds of thousands of psych grads?
a few dozen thousand might be useful in understanding the human condition, neuropsychiatry, etc. but most of college in general is capital signalling to employers. honestly it doesn't seem like the free market has done a good job with respect to the job process. What is the value added of a woman going to college for a psych? even biology is dubious. 4 years of undergrad +med school even though you don't even technically need a bio undergrad to be a doctor. people only go to college because the market requires that they signal their intelligence and work ethic to employers in some capacity, in reality we should just skip all that to avoid the consequent inflation of college tuition, and implement a system similar to germany's.

Learning to write well is a valuable skill. It's not all useless.

Probably a little bit more.
Semi related, what is the answer for the test?
The potential energy of the box will be used to compress the spring, and since there is no energy loss, the spring will push the box back to the starting position.

no it wont unless its a superstrong string who can push 3 kilos. 5 meter or 100 meter it would be the same. regardless if its North meter or not

Liberal Arts is the original basis of an educated man all the way back to the Greeks and Romans. STEM is curry and chink shit, fuck off you dumb kike.

I think universities should be able to offer subjects in whatever they want as long as they get no government funding the free market will decide if it is a sustainable venture or not. Wanting to restrict what people can teach and learn is not the way to a better society

drop something down a ramp, its Always different each time for a reason.

you stop that at the age of 12, you dont need to do anymore.

basic math 1 year ,+-, times and % and some division and perhaps something more, but only basic ALL of the basic of all of this should be covered under 1 year, nothing more is needed in real Life.
basic Reading and Writing 1 year, you dont need to obsess like a SJW over linguistic THEORY over whats a verb, adjective or noun or pronoun. thats what SJW do.

And no, you dont need to spend weeks or months saying you cant start a sentence without capital letters or not or the Word "and"

perhaps that you can divide what you write so it wont be one huge page for easier Reading, but other than that, nothing more.

No other subjects either, if a person is interested in that field they may inquire for more.

>liberal arts even be taught on an university level?
if the fags pay for their load of crap 'education' themselves, why not.
we can't stop people from being retarded.

Assuming that it is an ideal situation, you don't have to take into account the friction of the ramp, and the dampening of the spring. Therefore the box will slide down, the potential energy will be used to compress the string, and since the spring is not in its normal position, it will apply force back to the box. The box will have the same energy and will climb the ramp. This is a resonant system.

if its Heavy enough it wont move in the spring obviously. thats why this is jus useless thought process that cant be said to even be a theory and useless compared to obvious practice, only by showing it in the real World will you know how far it works and then try again to see how much is needed

Yes, white people should just get worthless degrees and do jobs that will eventually get replaced by automation.

The problem is that liberal arts have been hijacked by leftists who now use the related courses to indoctrinate. History is no longer real history, but a revisionist more liberal history. The same is true for art, music, literature, political science, psychology, and the like.

Liberal arts have their place, but until they're taken back from the extreme left, they've been rendered utterly worthless.

gravity pushed it down so it helped it but when it releases from the spring gravity will slow it down on the upward motion on the ramp.

And after it stops, the gravity will push down the box again, rinse and repeat

That's utter nonsense. The movie "Good Will Hunting" - while a movie no less - does a perfect job in contrasting the different aptitudes of people (for various specialties) with Will's mentor (Stellan Skarsgard) to Will's psychologist (Robin Williams). A brilliant mathematician seeking the help of a brilliant psychologist.

Non-STEM fields have their place and can be very beneficial to society.

Sweet 1/4 pipe, how much air does the elephant get off that thing ?

this is a frictionless problem, meaning energy is conserved

just calculate it's initial energy, and use that to calculate how much the spring is compressed (-k*x^2)

>this is a frictionless problem
It mentions nothing about air resistance, so that must be a factor slowing the weight down prior to reaching the spring, even if the surface it's on is frictionless.

>or the Word "and"
I see your Writing skills did indead stop at the age of twelve. There is no writing code that states that a sentence cannot begin with "and".

Thank you

Yes, who needs lawyers, politicians, statisticians, etc. anyways.

>frictionless ramp
problem discarded

no mate, problems that include friction are velocity dependent.

This would mean
>the problem is way fucking harder
>a straight energy calculation wouldn't work
>you have to know the shape of the slope

It's a problem way above the level of this physics class, and there isn't enough information to solve it anyway.
You can only really solve it properly if you have an understanding of differential equations

>problems that include friction are velocity dependent
And that discounts air resistance how ?

Heed this warning. STEM is a scam to convince brilliant people that this is their salvation and the only way that you can make a decent living.

It's a lie.

Only a retard cant equate kinetic energy with elastic energy.

brainlet trying to be smart detected

realistic calculations are an aside from understanding how to think in the first place

so there ARE others... come to canada and live in the forest

>calling me a brainlet
>yet not answering the question
How is air resistance not a factor ?

>STEM
You're supposed to concentrate on the leaves, bud.