Will hollywood whitewash Luffy and One Piece? Oda said he is Brazilian and Usopp is from the Congo

Will hollywood whitewash Luffy and One Piece? Oda said he is Brazilian and Usopp is from the Congo
What do you think Sup Forums?

otakumode.com/news/59705e810575f7ae7219d8dd/One-Piece-Announces-Live-Action-Drama-Series!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI
youtube.com/watch?v=8mgdyZQ_wzA
youtube.com/watch?v=7bBf5EBf198
youtube.com/watch?v=dIcxioOLLhg
livestream.com/thisfinetemperedstream
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE

youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

If they don't whitewash him, then people will complain cause subhuman races and shit. If they do, then people will complain about why he's white. There's no win win situation.

Get some foreign latino actor for Monkey and some Drake tier black guy for Usopp and it's all fine desu

Even then... If they stay true to Luffy's character, expect an outcry about being disrespectful to autistic people, etc.

what the fuck is that
it made me cringe so much

>if one piece were set in the real world, what country....
>IF one piece were set in the real world

huh. one piece ISN'T set in the real world, i guess that means luffy ISN'T brazilian. weird.

That was the official opening used by 4kids when they localized it. That is how North American normies were introduced to the series instead of WE ARE.

youtube.com/watch?v=8mgdyZQ_wzA

Yeah, it means he's analogous to a huemonkey

you're confusing where you are born, with ethnicity

Only muricans would care about something like that holy shit. Nobody is going to watch that shit anyway.

The first few episodes are going to have huge ratings just based on morbid curiosity.

Instead of the iconic
>Arittake no yume wo kakiatsume
Burgers got
>DONT GIVE IT UP DONT GIVE IT UP

A 5'8 Brazilian

>race
It's all about countries and ideas. Everyones a blank slate the moment they're born, its what you put in it that matters. Would you consider a North Korean the same as the South? I wouldn't, but Kim is an entirely different species with that outrageous chin of his

ethnicity really is not impirtant Oda talked about which countries they were representing Sanji=France because of good cooking, Luffy=Brasil because of partying,
Zoro=Japan, because he is a samurai and so on it would not really make sense for say Nami and Zoro to have very different ethnicities, despite living a few islands away

>there are no white brazilians
>black people have wavy hair like luffy's
>usopp is from the congo

nigga, the majority of brazil is white, and oda only said usopp is from the continent of africa. only a retard would say this shit going off of an sbs, when we have hundreds of fucking colorspreads of luffy and usopp being slightly mixed at best

Except if they can pull some Cameron tier direction (which is not happening for some manga live action), there's not way Luffy's stretching won't look stupid.

>following the manga is whitewashing
Huh, looks like your bait got exposed. You can stop posting this now and run off back to Sup Forums, you sad little man.

>white
Thats not white. Thats hispanic color

There is no way in hell they're adapting this faithfully.

It's going to be shit either way

One Piece without the wacky art style will be awful

leave One Piece to me.

He looks just like a Brazilian. Just like Oda said

Could Tim Burton be the only one to adapt it faithfully?

So far Guillermo del Toro is the only director who brought anime to live so he should do it, if someone has to do it.

I want the same people who did the CGI for Davy Jones crew in Pirates of the Caribbean to do the CGI for the fishmen.

It will likely be cheap looking shit though.

Hancock and Vivi have shit taste then.

>luffy a spic

fuck off pedro, quit projecting

what ethnicity is Portugal anyway
they're not the same as the spanish. Apparently they're not white despite often being blonde and blue-eyed.

The way Sup Forums uses "white" is confusing as fuck. Britain? Not white. Europe? Not white. America? Not white. What place IS white?

Actually, I can tell you've never even read One Piece, because if you did you would've realized that Oda completely ignored the original question.

This is mainly a result of misinformation spread by Sup Forumsshitters and other undesirables, and should be ignored at all costs.

Question
>If One Piece was set in the real world, which countries would the nine Straw Hats come from?

Response
>Well. I'll just put what fits with the character's image.

He didn't say those were the countries that the Strawhats would be from.

Luffy has black hair
by Sup Forums's standard he's non-white.
Checkmate.

This is bait. Luffy isn't any darker than anyone else in that image. Have a good day and try again some other time. Saged.

It's not that bad, imo

There's one thing I don't t understand
With are americans the one producing it? They hate One Piece and unironically think that even Bleach is better.

It's sad that people can't get this. Oda didn't say France for Sanji because he would be from France.

He said France because it fits his image. He is loves to cook and he's very romantic with women, all things that are stereotypically associated with French culture.

I still can't even understand how this is going to be possible.

Whitewash?
The only 2 things recently done started a jewess and a black.

Luffy is supposed to be ugly
Just his skincolor. Does that hurt your headcanon self insert?
Brazil
>characters image
Correct. Luffy fits the image of a dirty brazilian. He wears fucking sandles and acts like a autistic subhuman monkey.

Heres a pic of Luffy that Oda drew

never forgetti

Did he draw other characters in this style?

it's a proper response to the question, it's not avoiding the essence of what is asked

never again

>film was so bad that james wong apologized for making it

It's gonna be a movie about Whitebeard fucking bitches, teaching life lessons to troubled kids and duking it out with evil critters from all over the sea.

They'll pull a fast one and cast all Asian actors.

Luffy looks no different than Sanji and Zoro. You must be some shitposter from Sup Forums. Think before you reply to me again.

never

>not posting the best version of the song
youtube.com/watch?v=7bBf5EBf198

Sanji is a blonde aryan. And Zoro is a Nip.
Luffy is monkey.
Whats wrong? You hate self inserting to a shitskin?
Lmao

It's hollywood.

He'll either be a Jew or a Nigger.
One will get cries of white washing.
The other will get cries of black washing.

Overall i'm looking forward to the shitshow.

>Sanji
white
>Luffy
white
>zoro
white

Sorry but it looks like your fan fiction got debunked again. Take whatever strange fetish you have and fuck off back to the other inbreds at Sup Forums.

Luffy is brazilian

The perfect role for Idris Elba then.

Luffy is a fictional character, he's not from any real world country. It's time you rip that bandaid off and join us in reality.

Is this going to be dragon ball evolution 2.0?

Why go to hollywood im sure japan must have at least one good movie director in their country

It's a TV series.

I'm curious about how this could turn out. How long do they want this to last? How much do they intend to adapt?

>Luffy is brazilian so the right one is
youtube.com/watch?v=dIcxioOLLhg
To portrait a brazilian he can use literally any actor, 'cause Brazil's a ethnic shitfest, there are a lot of blacks, whites, japs and mixed races.
Sanji should be from Germany, because he is literally the son of nazis

There are Brazilians of all races, you imbecile. What the fuck kind of question is that anyway? "Whitewashing", who gives a shit about that?

if you live among monkeys you're a monkey

"white" brazilians are just albino chimps

>mfw Oda actually named Luffy like that because of the utter racism of pure japanese towards japanese brazilians

I know theyre probably not getting that far but how the fuck are they going to do a mutant reindeer, a cyborg with popeye arms, a living skeleton, fishmen, the general ridiculousness of body shapes and sizes, the weird ass ships, the islands and devil fruit powers on a fucking TV budget

How much of a budget will they have? I'm trying to picture Luffy's powers, Buggy the Clown or Crocodile on a TV budget.

how are they going to make santoryu not look utterly retarded

Zoro will only use sabers.

this is fucking stupid. all of the Strawhats have the same skin color. why do people think their autistic brazillian or shitskin fetish is relevant at all?

as long as the characters are white like they are in the manga it shouldn't matter.

you guys do realize no one on the team for this will look as far into it to as you are? they are all going to end up being white except ussop.

stop being annoying with the Brazilian luffy meme and talk about the newest chapter or something idfk. I hate you all

can't wait for it to inevitably turn to shit

About half of the character designs in One Piece are straight out of fucking Alice in Wonderland, you can't make that shit work unless they had a massive CG budget(Even then, it still wouldn't work).

Japanese Brazillian obviously

Oh god that's ten times worse one piece isn't even over yet, what the fuck are they going to do in a tv series? a fucking entire season for east blue, or are they going to go so fucking fast like that last airbender movie and make their own ending

there is no way this can work fucking hollywood why can they start making their own shit instead of taking shit from other mediums

Are the majority of nips actually racists towards brazil japs? I know they're crazy xenophobic, but I thought they got along fine with their brazilian relatives given their history in the 20th century.

You know you can have light skin and be non-white?

That's what you think. First off, Zoro will be an empowered womyn who spouts lazy man-hating one-liners and acts tough, and Sanji will be a large black man who fucks Nami by the third episode.

How would that even work anyway? Can Hollywood lift an actor out of Brazil?

Do you people think they will keep that shonen crap of loudly saying the attack names before every single move? Because that's going to look autistic.

Luffy will be played by Rodrigo Santoro.

I don't think so
It would look terrible.

What?

Luffy will be brown. He is supposed to look like that
Lmao
Hol up Gomu gomu

I'd watch that.

I don't get what America's obsession is with "Live-action" fucking everything.

Like holy shit, the only reason we never get any good animated superhero shows anymore is because Marvel and DC just can't see money anywhere other than live action shit for normalfags.

Does it become more "normal" to watch if it's irl or something?
I just don't get this mentality that you have to put every stylized/animated that ever gets popular into live action, it dilutes everything that makes the medium special.

>Oda said he is Brazilian and Usopp is from the Congo

But they can't be either of those things, they're not on Earth.

It's a fucking planet with entirely different ethnicities and races.

If he was supposed to be brown that's how he'd be drawn. How fucking stupid can you be?

>the general ridiculousness of body shapes and sizes
They're definitely gonna ignore that one except for actual giants.

Where you are born implies ethnicity. In a perfect world, they'd be the same thing.

Honestly my bet is on it being cancelled before it even starts.

>mfw they'll include romance in the crew to attract the american audience and shipperfats get even more cancerous

Marty (((Adelstein)))
Well whoever the black guy is will be fucking Nami if she is white

DELET THIS

It better be SaNa like in Japan.
(((They))) better not fuck this up

Still in Dressrosa.
livestream.com/thisfinetemperedstream
Bring babyfood and snacks

So who do you want to see play Nam and Robin.

Why didn't they pick Bleach instead? It's much easier adaptable to live action, it's pretentious enough at times that will attract teenagers and you can put it on The CW. Regular CW casting 25+ pretty faces to play high schoolers and you're set. It's even edgy enough to appeal to that audience.

I don't think you realize how obsessed Japan is with making countless live action adaptations of anime and manga. They've turned way more shit into live action movies and series than America ever has done with its own novels and shit.

I just found out One Piece was cancelled three times in America. Once when 4Kids went under, once when Toonami was cancelled, and recently Toonami canned it for Tokyo Ghoul. The reasoning was they wanted fewer endless battle shounens. That doesn't bode well for a live action series that's already getting a kneejerk backlash.

Monica Bellucci as Robin and Sean Connery as Nami.

Bleach is also getting a lice action movie.
From Japan though
Woah, for real?

Even Naruto would be a better choice by a budget stand point. Like how the Even ignoring all the powers, the wacky character designs are a massive hurdle.